HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Lars Eller

Old
02-27-2014, 09:52 AM
Maitz
Chucky#27

vCash: 500
Lars Eller

What could Lars Eller fetch at the deadline? For an upgrade at the offense we could package Eller+Gallagher for a 1st line player.

Maitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2014, 10:44 AM
LCDavid4

I think if you could add a good pick or a good prospect, you could fetch someone like Eberle. Gallagher and Eller on the EDM 3rd line could make wonders. They are looking for some grit, both players could bring some to the team.

If you're looking to trade only Eller, I think the right value would be a 2nd round pick. Andrei Kostitsyn got a 2nd round pick a couple years ago, but that was at the deadline, and he was a less complete player, but a better scorer. Maybe a team like Anaheim could give a 1st round pick - they have a 10-20 overall with Ottawa's pick and 20-30 overall with their own pick. I could see them trying to replace Saku Koivu next year with Eller, give MTL their own first round pick. Montreal would be extremely happy if they could get that.

Last edited by LCDavid4: 02-27-2014 at 10:51 AM.
LCDavid4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2014, 10:45 AM
MAK19

Eller and Gallagher for Spezza

MAK19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2014, 10:49 AM
sansabri
HF's Grateful Dead

sometimes it seems as if some Habs fans don't even watch their hometeam. did you not notice how Gallagher was one of a handful of players who showed up last night (and every night for that matter) and yet he's always being offered.

he's not going anywhere. he's already a leader on the team.

sansabri is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2014, 10:51 AM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCDavid4 View Post
If you're looking to trade only Eller though I don't think you would get much more than a 2nd round pick, considering that's what you got for Andrei Kostitsyn a couple years ago, who was a better scorer.
Kostitsyn was an impending UFA who had been plateaued for several years, however, I don't think there is any real comparison.

Habs just have to get Eller back on track. He seems to be going through the motions right now, probably not enthused with the very poor utilization that he's had from the coaching staff. Still, you're supposed to work your way out of that and show them something, which he's not doing. But he's a much better player than this, still has upside, and is RFA, which all place his value well above Kostitsyn's. He's not going to be traded for a draft pick, at any rate, not even a 1st. Maybe in a package for another good young player. Not likely a smaller/softer one, though.

Blind Gardien is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2014, 10:54 AM
SquiddFX
#Seanski

Eller's value is at it's lowest right now.

SquiddFX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2014, 10:55 AM
MAK19

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquiddFX View Post
Eller's value is at it's lowest right now.
Well like it or not, players rarely get traded when they play well. They get traded when their ''value is low''

MAK19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2014, 11:43 AM

I do think Lars Eller will be traded. And I would like to get a solid 1st or 2nd pairing dman coming back, depending on what we add. A big guy who can hit and defend well but isnt a liability offensively like Komisarek was.

I see Eller moving out as well as Rene Bourque. I would like to get back a solid D and perhaps a forward as well who could fill in, maybe a veteran with a solid net presence. We could add picks and prospects.

#57 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2014, 01:00 PM
rockinghockey

Bourque is not going to get you anything Eller is not playing well and you would have to add a good piece to get a top pairing dman

rockinghockey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2014, 01:01 PM
Habsrule

I could see Eller being traded but it would be a better off season type of trade. He is big and skilled and youngish yet. He is just not having that great of a season.

He is not a "rental" type of player that a team would be looking for. He is more of a player that a team would look to get to build with and keep.

The last hockey trade that I can think of where player for player happened at the deadlinw was the Hodgson for Kassian trade a few years back. Just about all deadline deals are player for picks or prospects.

Habsrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2014, 01:02 PM
rockinghockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCDavid4 View Post
I think if you could add a good pick or a good prospect, you could fetch someone like Eberle. Gallagher and Eller on the EDM 3rd line could make wonders. They are looking for some grit, both players could bring some to the team.

If you're looking to trade only Eller, I think the right value would be a 2nd round pick. Andrei Kostitsyn got a 2nd round pick a couple years ago, but that was at the deadline, and he was a less complete player, but a better scorer. Maybe a team like Anaheim could give a 1st round pick - they have a 10-20 overall with Ottawa's pick and 20-30 overall with their own pick. I could see them trying to replace Saku Koivu next year with Eller, give MTL their own first round pick. Montreal would be extremely happy if they could get that.
EDM is not moving Eberle for Ellers and Gallagher not saying Gallagher is not a good player but not what we need

rockinghockey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2014, 01:09 PM
BigDaddyLurch
Deleted Posts Leader

...trading Eller right now wouldn't be very wise of Marc Bergevin; unfortunately, it looks like it's only a matter of time, since that moron Michel Therrien has no clue how to properly use Eller...

BigDaddyLurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2014, 02:28 PM
Jot
P.Kane = Kessel

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyAlwaysKnows View Post
Well like it or not, players rarely get traded when they play well. They get traded when their ''value is low''
Interesting, I never thought of it like that.

When player X plays bad = Fan bases don't want him traded because his value is too low.

When player X plays good = Fan bases don't want him traded because he's playing well.

This has happened many times this year, Gardiner and Kadri for the Leafs and Spezza and Cowen for the sens.

Jot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2014, 02:28 PM
MW6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDaddyLurch View Post
...trading Eller right now wouldn't be very wise of Marc Bergevin; unfortunately, it looks like it's only a matter of time, since that moron Michel Therrien has no clue how to properly use Eller...
And how is that? (Serious question)

I really like his traits, would Habs fans trade him for Troy Brouwer?

MW6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2014, 02:32 PM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDaddyLurch View Post
Would you trade Eller for Teravainen straight up? If other teams in the west bulk up for a playoff run maybe Chicago needs to add someone like Eller to their lineup.

Frozenice is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2014, 02:36 PM
Roof Daddy

For Eller alone, probably something similar (maybe a bit less) than the Perron deal (Paajarvi+2nd).

I don't think the Habs would do it as they appear playoff bound, but maybe in the off-season...

To EDM:Eller

To MTL: Marco Roy, 2015 2nd

Roof Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2014, 02:38 PM
sansabri
HF's Grateful Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roof Daddy View Post
For Eller alone, probably something similar (maybe a bit less) than the Perron deal (Paajarvi+2nd).

I don't think the Habs would do it as they appear playoff bound, but maybe in the off-season...

absolutely no interest. we have enough prospects as it is.

sansabri is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2014, 02:40 PM
haterbehatin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roof Daddy View Post

To be fair at this point Marco Roy is no Paajarvi, then again Eller is not Perron.

I don't really think Edmonton has anything value range that Montreal would want for Eller though.

haterbehatin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2014, 02:43 PM
Roof Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenice View Post
Would you trade Eller for Teravainen straight up? If other teams in the west bulk up for a playoff run maybe Chicago needs to add someone like Eller to their lineup.
The only way the Hawks are moving TT would be in a deal for Kesler. Andrew Shaw and Marcus Kruger both have more points while playing less minutes than Eller. I'd say all 3 are equal defensively.

While I don't think Kesler is a realistic option, David Legwand is and would provide more than Eller at the expense of a late 1st. Teravainen is going nowhere.

Roof Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2014, 03:32 PM
Habsawce

vCash: 230
Just fire Therrien and get a coach who actually understands players talents and how to utilize them.

Eller shows immense potential and a steady rise in development and then all a sudden he's stagnate and regresses like EVERY plyaer on the team. Must be something to that, no?

Habsawce is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2014, 03:33 PM
bossram

Quote:
Originally Posted by #57 View Post
I do think Lars Eller will be traded. And I would like to get a solid 1st or 2nd pairing dman coming back, depending on what we add. A big guy who can hit and defend well but isnt a liability offensively like Komisarek was.

I see Eller moving out as well as Rene Bourque. I would like to get back a solid D and perhaps a forward as well who could fill in, maybe a veteran with a solid net presence. We could add picks and prospects.
Would you do Eller for Bieksa?

bossram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2014, 03:43 PM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by bossram View Post
Would you do Eller for Bieksa?
No, he's too far past his prime and we really aren't Cup Contenders this year or next year and probably the year after.

Trading for Bieksa makes sense for the top 5 - 7 teams in the league who are looking to make a real dent in this years playoffs, which we aren't.

Frozenice is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2014, 03:52 PM
IceDaddy
24 and Counting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsawce View Post
Just fire Therrien and get a coach who actually understands players talents and how to utilize them.

Eller shows immense potential and a steady rise in development and then all a sudden he's stagnate and regresses like EVERY plyaer on the team. Must be something to that, no?
Playing with Bourque and Prust on most nights will set anyone back IMO

IceDaddy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2014, 03:55 PM
Burke the Legend

I would call Lars a youngish poor man's Jordan Staal:
-Big bodied, very strong on puck, good defensive play. His production is x-factor, it increased every year his first 3 seasons, and was doing well this season with a hot start, but regressed after Gallagher was taken off his wing and he has trouble clicking with new partners. has the tools be a 20-25 goal / 40-50 point 2nd/3rd line guy right now if he finds his groove (and I think he will soon, possibly on the Habs still), 3 more RFA years and hasn't proven much to be asking for a big money contract yet so he is economical.

Montreal would be looking for a winger in exchange. So some team with a winger surplus, looking for centre depth. Montreal isn't dumping him because he is garbage, but because he is kind of the odd man out. Desharnais and Plekanec are better centres right now, and probably for the next few years, while Galchenyuk is a future star who should be playing centre by next season.

Burke the Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2014, 03:59 PM
qc2nf

Not sure you can get more then a second round pick for him right now. If they want to trade him he would have to be part of a package to get a top 4 def or top 6 forward. Maybe something to think about in the summer, does not sound like a trade deadline deal.

qc2nf is offline   Reply With Quote