HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

[CAR/NJD] Tuomo Ruutu to NJD for Andrei Loktionov + Conditional 3rd rd pick in 2017

Old
03-06-2014, 07:28 AM
cleaner claude

vCash: 500
I like the trade, think Ruutu will be a great fit in NJ.

Just wish it wasn't the only deal made. If any of Volchenkhov, Fayne, Salvador were moved for pretty much anything I'd be much happier.

Very glad the Devils held onto all their defensive prospects though.

cleaner claude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2014, 08:01 AM
Elias Manholm

I will agree with the above post Muller doesn't seem to get the best out of his players.

Elias Manholm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2014, 08:12 AM
Blueline Bomber
1st Overall Pick

Muller may not get the most of his players (which is debatable, since there are just as much examples of players succeeding under him as there are players floundering), but Jokinen and Ruutu aren't good examples of that opinion.

You can argue that Jokinen was under utilized under Muller, but he received as little minutes as he did because he earned as little minutes as he did. Muller isn't going to give someone pity minutes just because they can't find their game, especially if another player is greatly outplaying them.

Last year, giving Jokinen those pity minutes would have reduced the minutes of the top line, which was insanely productive for most of the year. They were the reason Carolina was winning 90% of their games.

Blueline Bomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2014, 08:48 AM
Sportserie

Quote:
Originally Posted by devs1616 View Post
I personnally love this trade. Got a guy who is a workhorse and signed for 2 more years so its not a rental for and RFA who wont play wing and didnt wanna comeback anyway and a conditional pick in 2017 which being on the year it is set for would be if Ruutu resigns or not.
That's the best part of it if you ask me. You got him without being a rental. He's with you for the next couple of years at least if he works out.

The only problem I see is how you aren't getting any younger. The median age for your club has to be one of the oldest I would think. I wonder if Lou will address that in the off season.

Sportserie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2014, 09:46 AM
Jerzey Devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportserie View Post
That's the best part of it if you ask me. You got him without being a rental. He's with you for the next couple of years at least if he works out.

The only problem I see is how you aren't getting any younger. The median age for your club has to be one of the oldest I would think. I wonder if Lou will address that in the off season.
With Marty (41), Zidlicky (37), and Jagr (42) coming off the books next year that number drops immensely. I would like Jagr for one more year though. I don't think the other two will be back. You never know though.

Jerzey Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2014, 09:52 AM
njdevil26

Ruutu (31)-Zajac (28)- Jagr (42)
Henrique (24)-Elias (37)- Brunner (28)
Clowe (30)- Zubrus (35)- Ryder (33)
Carter (30)-Gionta (30)- Bernier (28)
Josefson (23)

Greene (31)- Fayne (26)
Gelinas (22)- Zidlicky (37)
Merrill (22)- Salvador (38)
Volchenkov (32)
Harrold (30)

Schneider (27)
Brodeur (41)

Holy CRAP we're old.

njdevil26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2014, 10:01 AM
Barcelonian Devil

Send a message via MSN to Barcelonian Devil
I liked Loktionov because, for the little ice time he got, he seemed to work his ass off, a strong back checker who can create turnovers, soft along the boards, not great size, average skater, creative with it and with his passing too, very good passing ability, not a good shot, and that's pretty much it.

Barcelonian Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2014, 10:08 AM
DarthMaul
Sith Lord

Ruutu waved his no trade cause to come here he will bounce back with jersey's team on their 1st line Ruutu-Zajac-Jagr .

DarthMaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2014, 10:15 AM
DarthMaul
Sith Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barcelonian Devil View Post
I liked Loktionov because, for the little ice time he got, he seemed to work his ass off, a strong back checker who can create turnovers, soft along the boards, not great size, average skater, creative with it and with his passing too, very good passing ability, not a good shot, and that's pretty much it.
Dainius should fill in for him since he was most likely bumped to the third line after the trade Clowe-Zubrus-Ryder .

DarthMaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2014, 12:12 PM
Lethargic
Cthulhu 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by njdevils2012 View Post
Ruutu waved his no trade cause to come here he will bounce back with jersey's team on their 1st line Ruutu-Zajac-Jagr .
He wanted to play with Jagr's favorite player.

Lethargic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2014, 02:34 PM
MoonDragn

Ruutuu is on the 3rd line today with Zubrus and Ryder in practice. They are keeping Clowe on the 1st line with Jagr and Zajac.

MoonDragn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2014, 12:02 AM
Tostito Rangers

So GWG against his former team tonight, first star and probably put the final nail to Canes playoff dreams, how poetic. He'll probably have a Jokinen kind of bounceback now that hes out of canes...

Tostito Rangers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2014, 02:45 PM
jayhamm

To be fair Jokinen had a 'Jokinen kind of bounceback' for one playoff and one season after joining the 'Canes. Maybe the Pens will resign him and he'll slowly taper off until he's dumped again.

jayhamm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2014, 03:09 PM
5 14 6 1
We are the 11.5%

Just looking at some Devils depth charts in this thread and i'm left wondering, wtf is going on with Adam Larsson? Hard to believe people wanted him over RNH

I can't imagine the Oilers state of affairs with Ryan Murray and Larsson instead of Nuge and Yak at this point (Although Murray has pretty impressive in his rookie year, however his shoulder and now his Knee worry me, it's actually hard to believe we didn't grab the injury prone player)

5 14 6 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2014, 03:14 PM
Ginger Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Hallidays View Post
Just looking at some Devils depth charts in this thread and i'm left wondering, wtf is going on with Adam Larsson? Hard to believe people wanted him over RNH

I can't imagine the Oilers state of affairs with Ryan Murray and Larsson instead of Nuge and Yak at this point (Although Murray has pretty impressive in his rookie year, however his shoulder and now his Knee worry me, it's actually hard to believe we didn't grab the injury prone player)
The coach is an idiot he could be a fine NHL Dman right now and is only 21 and Dmen usually bloom later than forwards.

Ginger Jesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2014, 03:35 PM
MountainGoat

vCash:
Quote:

the Oilers are 2nd last in the league

Old
03-10-2014, 03:38 PM
Billdo

vCash: 50
Quote:

Theyre tearing it up ATM so yeah.

Billdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2014, 06:54 PM
glenwo2
PATTY'S BETTER!!!

Quote:

Have you seen their record?

I think their state of affairs would be the same whether it's with Larsson or without. Not a good comparison.

glenwo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2014, 08:44 PM
GhostofKenKlee

Ruutu trade has been great so far.

GhostofKenKlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2014, 08:09 PM
Devils Trap
Cory's Better