HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

gilbert and winchester

Old
03-05-2014, 02:14 PM
harv3317

vCash: 500
gilbert and winchester

any news? apparently not traded. will they be resigned???????

harv3317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2014, 02:25 PM
SeasonTicket

Need room for FA's as promised so maybe not

SeasonTicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2014, 02:30 PM
hockeydude1
More Cowbell!

Not really surprised.

hockeydude1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2014, 02:30 PM
Erick

Gilbert not being traded is pretty much the disappointing thing about this year's deadline to me.

I think his value is at its highest and we could've gotten something for a player who's numbers are a product of all the undeserved ice time he's getting.

I'm not interested in bringing Gilbert back next year so I hope he doesn't comeback.

Winchester coming back to play on the 4th line, I wouldn't mind. I probably wouldn't care much if he moved on, but he'd be cool to keep.

Erick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2014, 02:31 PM
I May Be Wrong
I May Be The Stig

Send a message via MSN to I May Be Wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick View Post
Gilbert not being traded is pretty much the disappointing thing about this year's deadline to me.

I think his value is at its highest and we could've gotten something for a player who's numbers are a product of all the undeserved ice time he's getting.

I'm not interested in bringing Gilbert back next year so I hope he doesn't comeback.

Winchester coming back to play on the 4th line, I wouldn't mind. I probably wouldn't care much if he moved on, but he'd be cool to keep.
agree. I really have no interest in retaining Gilbert unless he's #5 or #6 on the D corps.

I May Be Wrong is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2014, 02:36 PM
EnforceTheLaus
Dave Tallon

Maybe other GMs really saw him as a product of Campbell. Only dissapointment in this but positives faaaaaarrrr outweigh that. Great few days for fans.

EnforceTheLaus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2014, 02:36 PM
Erick

Only way I'd want Gilbert back is if it means that he's taking Jovo's spot because Jovo is retiring. That would be great news.

Realistically, Gilbert might get a decent contract in the offseason and I don't want him back. He's going to put up 30+ points this year. I have a tough time believing that no team wanted him. Probably could've made one of those 3rd + 5th deals for him.

We need someone better than Gilbert to pair with Campbell next year.

Erick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2014, 02:54 PM
Montsy14

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick View Post
Only way I'd want Gilbert back is if it means that he's taking Jovo's spot because Jovo is retiring. That would be great news.

Realistically, Gilbert might get a decent contract in the offseason and I don't want him back. He's going to put up 30+ points this year. I have a tough time believing that no team wanted him. Probably could've made one of those 3rd + 5th deals for him.

We need someone better than Gilbert to pair with Campbell next year.
We need more than someONE. We need players better than Gilbert, Jovo and Olsen. I'd like to think Robak and/or Petrovic can be those players, but who knows. We need to bring in help regardless.

Montsy14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2014, 03:57 PM
Chino Oscar

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montsy14 View Post
We need more than someONE. We need players better than Gilbert, Jovo and Olsen. I'd like to think Robak and/or Petrovic can be those players, but who knows. We need to bring in help regardless.
From what I have seen from Robak and Petrovic in their times with the Panthers, Olsen is better than both of them.

Chino Oscar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2014, 05:00 PM
coopdaloop123

I asked Tallon about Winchester today ... his response -"We're really happy with Jesse. We haven't opened that discussion yet." .

Assume him staying is a good sign, will most likely be back for the right price or if they miss out on other FA targets.

coopdaloop123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2014, 05:18 PM
EnforceTheLaus
Dave Tallon

Quote:
Originally Posted by coopdaloop123 View Post
I asked Tallon about Winchester today ... his response -"We're really happy with Jesse. We haven't opened that discussion yet." .

Assume him staying is a good sign, will most likely be back for the right price or if they miss out on other FA targets.
Good. I also didn't really see a contender saying , "We need Winchester." Hope we bring him back.

EnforceTheLaus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2014, 06:58 PM
Howboutthempanthers
No Bandwagon Allowed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montsy14 View Post
Robak is no good.

Howboutthempanthers is online now   Reply With Quote