HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Mike Fisher and the power play

Old
02-02-2015, 06:47 AM
Gnashville
Why? Poile Why??

vCash: 500
Mike Fisher and the power play

Since Fisher's return to the lineup the power play has improved from last in the league to a respectable 24th. Can someone find out the PP percentage since he's returned? I think the stat I heard on the radio is they have scored a PP goal in 13 of the last 15 games. Fisher leads the team with 6PP goals which is exactly half of his total of 12 (he also has a short handed goal). Is the PP resurgence due to Fisher's return or has it just started to click and he's been the main beneficiary? I think it's a combination of both myself. He's honestly has been playing the best hockey of his Nashville career from what I've seen. For someone that everyone thinks is retiring he's looking pretty good.

Gnashville is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2015, 08:11 AM
LCPreds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnashville View Post
Since Fisher's return to the lineup the power play has improved from last in the league to a respectable 24th. Can someone find out the PP percentage since he's returned? I think the stat I heard on the radio is they have scored a PP goal in 13 of the last 15 games. Fisher leads the team with 6PP goals which is exactly half of his total of 12 (he also has a short handed goal). Is the PP resurgence due to Fisher's return or has it just started to click and he's been the main beneficiary? I think it's a combination of both myself. He's honestly has been playing the best hockey of his Nashville career from what I've seen. For someone that everyone thinks is retiring he's looking pretty good.
Good question. I was wondering this too while watching the game yesterday. Seasonal stats are meaningless if trying to gauge where you are today considering factors have changed.

Last edited by LCPreds: 02-02-2015 at 12:10 PM.
LCPreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2015, 08:11 AM
wadesworld

Quote:
Fisher is the only person willing to play the Hornqvist role, so there's no question the PP has benefitted.

And there's no doubt he's having his best year as a Predator.

wadesworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2015, 09:48 AM
Pred303

vCash: 50
Quote:
Since Fisher's return to the lineup the power play has improved from last in the league to a respectable 24th. Can someone find out the PP percentage since he's returned? .
the numbers are pretty straight forward;

first 21 games without fisher;
pp was 9 for 71, 12.7%
the past 28 games after his return;
pp is 17 for 93, 18.3%

so of our 17 pp goals since his return he's scored 6 of the 17 and assisted on 1 of the other 11

just as important has been his work on the pk;

before fisher we had killed 41 of 54, 75.9%
since his return we've killed 75 of 90, 83.3%

Pred303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2015, 10:53 AM
glenngineer
HF Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pred303 View Post
the numbers are pretty straight forward;

first 21 games without fisher;
pp was 9 for 71, 12.7%
the past 28 games after his return;
pp is 17 for 93, 18.3%

so of our 17 pp goals since his return he's scored 6 of the 17 and assisted on 1 of the other 11

just as important has been his work on the pk;

before fisher we had killed 41 of 54, 75.9%
since his return we've killed 75 of 90, 83.3%
And if you take those numbers and combine them we're over 100% which is where you want to be. 101.6 isn't too shabby. It isn't earth shaking but with the numbers coming down in other areas, the fact that these went up were to be expected and it's allowed us to stay competitive night in and night out.

glenngineer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2015, 11:16 AM
Pred303

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post
And if you take those numbers and combine them we're over 100% which is where you want to be. 101.6 isn't too shabby. It isn't earth shaking but with the numbers coming down in other areas, the fact that these went up were to be expected and it's allowed us to stay competitive night in and night out.
yeah, special team improvement has balanced the inevitable drop in our 5 on 5 numbers, now at 1.45 to 1, down from the 1.6 we were at a few weeks ago. we had talked about this would happen and that improvement in special teams 'should' compensate, or had to.

when i look at our overall special team numbers using that combined number we sit at 97.1%, but since fisher's return now at 101.6% and climbing.

compared to the top 5 teams in this category;
PIT 108.9
DET 108.3
CHI 106.2
VAN 105.2
STL 104.8

and compared to the 5 other best teams in the league in current winning %;
NSH 97.1
ANA 99.2
STL 104.8
MTL 100.5
DET 108.3
TAM 100.3

very promising. we need to continue to grow this number.

Pred303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2015, 01:30 PM
Persona5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pred303 View Post
yeah, special team improvement has balanced the inevitable drop in our 5 on 5 numbers, now at 1.45 to 1, down from the 1.6 we were at a few weeks ago. we had talked about this would happen and that improvement in special teams 'should' compensate, or had to.

when i look at our overall special team numbers using that combined number we sit at 97.1%, but since fisher's return now at 101.6% and climbing.

compared to the top 5 teams in this category;
PIT 108.9
DET 108.3
CHI 106.2
VAN 105.2
STL 104.8

and compared to the 5 other best teams in the league in current winning %;
NSH 97.1
ANA 99.2
STL 104.8
MTL 100.5
DET 108.3
TAM 100.3

very promising. we need to continue to grow this number.
Thank you for putting in the time to put these number together. I agree that we need to continue to improve on those special teams numbers but 5 v 5 hockey is where playoff games are won. Rarely do you see many playoff series won by special teams play. Still great to see them improving through the year.

Persona5 is offline   Reply With Quote