HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Unite for a Snow/Wang must go Rally at NVMC (3/18)

Closed Thread

Old
03-05-2014, 07:38 PM
SgtJoseph*

vCash: 500
What a DISASTER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! As a Flyers fan even i hate seeing your once proud franchise being DESTROYED by a bunch of nimrods.I truly hope things can get going in the other direction someday !

Old
03-05-2014, 07:40 PM
GilliesGirlie

This team is a joke, hope they realize the fans are pissed!!!

Old
03-05-2014, 07:44 PM
Flair91

Quote:
Originally Posted by GilliesGirlie View Post
#wangsnowmustgo

Start the tweetfest

Old
03-05-2014, 07:45 PM
BTrotts19

Quote:
Originally Posted by GilliesGirlie View Post
Honestly I feel like Snow/Wang stole something from me today-my love of hockey and my favorite team. I will root for this team but I am embarrassed to wear my shirts/hats etc and now I have to deal with friends of mine who are Ranger fans who are passive aggressively laughing at our completely inept organization (even more so today). Certainly will not be going to anymore games and any desire to purchase season tickets have vanished. Nothing will change that until Wang sells or at least he brings in a legit GM.

Old
03-05-2014, 08:08 PM
IslanderPride
Fire & Ice

#SnowMustGo #WangMustSell

Old
03-05-2014, 08:16 PM
Paulinho
No Man's Sky

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslanderPride View Post
I like it.

Old
03-05-2014, 08:24 PM
WangMustGo
NYI

vCash: 3178
Quote:
Originally Posted by BTrotts19 View Post
Honestly I feel like Snow/Wang stole something from me today-my love of hockey and my favorite team. I will root for this team but I am embarrassed to wear my shirts/hats etc and now I have to deal with friends of mine who are Ranger fans who are passive aggressively laughing at our completely inept organization (even more so today). Certainly will not be going to anymore games and any desire to purchase season tickets have vanished. Nothing will change that until Wang sells or at least he brings in a legit GM.
I think most of us on these boards can agree on this. It's sad really, the Islanders are by far my favorite sports team, a passion of mine I would say, and year after year we are set up for disappointment after disappointment.

Old
03-05-2014, 08:38 PM
13th Floor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTrotts19 View Post
Yea, I feel this way. I'm embarrassed. Another straw on the camel's back that makes me care about this team a little less and getting close to not caring at all. Putting the Hamonic jersey in the back closet because I'm embarrassed to wear it. I haven't spent a dollar on this franchise in a while outside of buying that Hamonic jersey -- and this is easy to do when you are 3000 miles away from the dump we play in. The laughing stock will continue in the off-season when we attract nobody again. Then continue into next year when our entire division is better and we are destined for a bottom 5 finish again. Then continue into the off-season again when we have to give up a top 5 pick to Buffalo, who after one year of restocking will probably be better than us already. Then it will continue into the next year when we are second-rate tenant in an arena that isn't fit for hockey. That is going to be a laughing stock all year long to the media. Screw this team. This season took all the wind out of the sails.

Old
03-05-2014, 08:43 PM
BigWorm

If you really want too send a message to Wang and the NHL ..... DON'T GO TO THE GAME.

Season ticket holders I feel your pain, but don't go or sell your tickets on a secondary market. Let the announced attendance top out at 3,000.

Banners, signs, and chants has no bearing on what our owner does in the future. Empty seats hits him where it hurts the most, his pocket.

I support the Islanders just as much as most of the posters here but until Wang sells there is no hope. I'll always be an Islanders fan but I will never contribute another penny to our current ownership.

Hit him where it hurts, his wallet.

Old
03-05-2014, 09:04 PM
Darth Bangkok

need to fill the parking lot during games with a protest camp. Think Maidan or the crazy camps that they have here in Bangkok. Everyone just fill the parking lot but don't go inside.

Old
03-05-2014, 09:15 PM
Stripper

Don't go to the game. If no one shows up to cheer for their team, that'll send a huge message.

Old
03-05-2014, 09:18 PM
Flair91

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigWorm View Post
If you really want too send a message to Wang and the NHL ..... DON'T GO TO THE GAME.

Season ticket holders I feel your pain, but don't go or sell your tickets on a secondary market. Let the announced attendance top out at 3,000.

Banners, signs, and chants has no bearing on what our owner does in the future. Empty seats hits him where it hurts the most, his pocket.

I support the Islanders just as much as most of the posters here but until Wang sells there is no hope. I'll always be an Islanders fan but I will never contribute another penny to our current ownership.

Hit him where it hurts, his wallet.
Great idea! Now how will you spread the word?

Old
03-05-2014, 09:27 PM
islesfan66

how about we all agree on a game and get the best possible snow/wang must go chants going?

Old
03-05-2014, 09:44 PM
BigWorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuDog View Post
Great idea! Now how will you spread the word?
I don't live on LI anymore so I'm hoping it starts infiltrating these HFBoards. We have enough time too get the momentum moving forward and it's the only way he will ever sell.

Slightly OT: But has anyone else noticed we are using the stadium series jerseys with a Wang special for a patch covering the logo? Not only will this cheap **** of an owner not spend any money on the payroll, he won't even spring for a set of jerseys.

Old
03-05-2014, 09:54 PM
Paulinho
No Man's Sky

Quote:
I don't live on LI anymore so I'm hoping it starts infiltrating these HFBoards. We have enough time too get the momentum moving forward and it's the only way he will ever sell.

Slightly OT: But has anyone else noticed we are using the stadium series jerseys with a Wang special for a patch covering the logo? Not only will this cheap **** of an owner not spend any money on the payroll, he won't even spring for a set of jerseys.
My GF noticed that and laughed. Incredible.

Old
03-05-2014, 10:00 PM
mabisles

The ultimate survey is here.

http://strawpoll.me/1265819

Old
03-05-2014, 10:00 PM
JZCislesHockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Bangkok View Post
need to fill the parking lot during games with a protest camp. Think Maidan or the crazy camps that they have here in Bangkok. Everyone just fill the parking lot but don't go inside.
Except park across the street so we don'y pay

Old
03-05-2014, 10:15 PM
BigWorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulinho View Post
My GF noticed that and laughed. Incredible.
I'm not out of line here but some High Schools have a larger budget when it comes to uniforms. People look for scapegoats after today...It's Wang.

We have an owner that irons on cheesy patches so he doesn't have too buy a new set of jerseys. Even Halmo got a recycled jersey and he wasn't even called up for the stadium series game.

Old
03-05-2014, 10:23 PM
Funk21

As a fan of Hockey I think every person who follows the NHL was listening, watching, reading this travesty unfolding.

Here is an idea, on a nationally televised game if possible bring out the paper bags painted in NYI colours on but on every Islanders fans head and star to chant!!

Old
03-05-2014, 10:28 PM
periferal

Scream at the top of your lungs...

WANG MUST SELL...
WANG MUST SELL...
WANG MUST SELL...
WANG MUST SELL...

Make sure you cheer it OUTSIDE the arena so you're not inside where you've given Wang any more money. Money talks louder than our cheers.

Old
03-05-2014, 10:34 PM
Paulinho
No Man's Sky

Quote:
I'm not out of line here but some High Schools have a larger budget when it comes to uniforms. People look for scapegoats after today...It's Wang.

We have an owner that irons on cheesy patches so he doesn't have too buy a new set of jerseys. Even Halmo got a recycled jersey and he wasn't even called up for the stadium series game.
You made me cry with laughter.

Old
03-05-2014, 11:18 PM
bigtim1988
YES! YES! YES! YES!

Quote:

LOL i was wondering about this, if thats the truth, thats really poor quality.

Old
03-05-2014, 11:21 PM
BigWorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by periferal View Post
Scream at the top of your lungs...

WANG MUST SELL...
WANG MUST SELL...
WANG MUST SELL...
WANG MUST SELL...

Make sure you cheer it OUTSIDE the arena so you're not inside where you've given Wang any more money. Money talks louder than our cheers.
With todays social media I'm sure the word can spread. Put 2-3,000 in the seats or hopefully less and the league has to step in eventually.

The slogan should be "Just don't Go".

Old
03-05-2014, 11:27 PM
Islanders1932

I vote a sit out. Have everyone show up to nassau coliseum with lawn chairs and sit outside the box office during the game.

Old
03-05-2014, 11:31 PM
2ndGenIslander
Free Broadway Jay

Quote:
Originally Posted by islesfan66 View Post
how about we all agree on a game and get the best possible snow/wang must go chants going?
Obviously not going to games is gonna hurt wants pocket and hopefully make him want to sell more, but we really need to get together for a game and make a huge public demonstration. This is an unacceptable way to run any type of pro sports organization and we should not tolerate it anymore. I love this team for who we are and refuse to lay down for a current owner that doesn't mind robbing us of decency. Getting public attention that we won't tolerate it anymore is what needs to be done.

Today is the first day I'm actually looking forward to Brooklyn. A change is what this team needs badly. Hopefully it starts with a new building and new ownership follows shortly after. Even if that means the NHL steps in like what happened in Phoenix. I will never give up on this franchise, call me crazy.

Closed Thread