HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Unite for a Snow/Wang must go Rally at NVMC (3/18)

Closed Thread

Old
03-06-2014, 12:18 AM
monochrome

vCash: 500
as much as I agree with not giving any more money, the NHL cameras will be inside the building, not outside. better the publicity the better the outcome aka Snow is fired

Old
03-06-2014, 12:21 AM
leaponover

LMAO...since when has Bettman intervened with a poorly run team? He would have handcuffed MadMike a long time ago if that was the case. Some of these comments from disappointed fans really crack me up!

My next research paper: "How Disappointment Can Lead To The Loss of Any Logical and Rational Thinking"

Am I pissed about the trade? Sure am! Do I think that Bettman should step in and take over the Islanders...uh no lol. The only way to make a statement is not go to games, and not buy merchandise. I'm guilty of supporting the team from the merchandise side with the svelte stadium series jersey with my boy Nielsen. Obviously my money is not being spent wisely....same goes for when I was paying my taxes in the US lol.

Old
03-06-2014, 12:28 AM
PJGooch

Tomorrow Wang can authorize the release of a 5th jersey -- some monstrosity that he designed in scribble on a cocktail napkin -- and there will be lines of people waiting to buy it. He and Garth will get a good chuckle out of all the suckers (don't forget a new matching hat!) and go splurge on some quesadillas at Champions.

Rallies and boycotts and walk-outs are a pipe dream, unfortunately.

Old
03-06-2014, 01:49 AM
Darth Bangkok

I think a rally outside the building while games are going on is the best bet. There are no NHL cameras outside the building true, but when there are more people OUTSIDE than INSIDE during a game, its going to generate press. An empty arena will just generate snide comments on TV sports highlights shows.

Old
03-06-2014, 02:11 AM
MaryChristine*
27 91 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by leaponover View Post
LMAO...since when has Bettman intervened with a poorly run team? He would have handcuffed MadMike a long time ago if that was the case. Some of these comments from disappointed fans really crack me up!

My next research paper: "How Disappointment Can Lead To The Loss of Any Logical and Rational Thinking"

Am I pissed about the trade? Sure am! Do I think that Bettman should step in and take over the Islanders...uh no lol. The only way to make a statement is not go to games, and not buy merchandise. I'm guilty of supporting the team from the merchandise side with the svelte stadium series jersey with my boy Nielsen. Obviously my money is not being spent wisely....same goes for when I was paying my taxes in the US lol.
IDK Leap, logical & rational thinking hasn't proved to be your strong suit as of late. Might want to tackle a less demanding topic for your research paper.

I kid.

Old
03-06-2014, 02:26 AM
leaponover

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryChristine View Post
IDK Leap, logical & rational thinking hasn't proved to be your strong suit as of late. Might want to tackle a less demanding topic for your research paper.

I kid.
Blah! Is your umbrella stopping the sky from falling yet?

Old
03-06-2014, 02:28 AM
leaponover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Bangkok View Post
I think a rally outside the building while games are going on is the best bet. There are no NHL cameras outside the building true, but when there are more people OUTSIDE than INSIDE during a game, its going to generate press. An empty arena will just generate snide comments on TV sports highlights shows.
Honestly I don't even think that will work because they are already looking towards Brooklyn anyway and hoping to win a fan base there. Alienating the diehards hasn't been a concern for this franchise in a long time....

Old
03-06-2014, 02:28 AM
CaptainBenn
The king is back

you guys made the playoffs last year... this season must be so hard to digest
Im a habs fan but Im so sad for you guys... I hated Bergevin a lot this last two years (just because of the way Subban was treated) but I CANT IMAGINE how you must feel
Id protest with you if I could

Old
03-06-2014, 06:50 AM
Hip Of Rick

1 game protest is great and hopefully we get some media attention.

But don't stop with that, if you go to ANY game shout it loud and proud

SNOW MUST GO!!!
WANG MUST SELL!!!

Old
03-06-2014, 08:24 AM
hoser14

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorwood View Post
Wang does not care if anybody goes to the game

Wang does not care if you chant all night long

Wang has his TV money and now assured money, if the team wins or loses, coming from Barclays. (BTW this does make him smart if you really think about it)

So why would Wang care?

You want someone to blame?

Blame Bettman.
I too blame NHL Commissioner Gary Biteme for not telling Chairman Wang that it firing a GM who won a Stanley Cup ring after 40 days and replace him with your back-up goalie is not a acceptable move by a professional fanchise.

WTF!

Old
03-06-2014, 08:31 AM
K19*

I wish you guys luck. Snow should go, but the root cause is Wang. Storied franchise deserves much better. Throw Wang to the curb.

Old
03-06-2014, 09:10 AM
BTrotts19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hip Of Rick View Post

SNOW MUST GO!!!
WANG MUST SELL!!!
Great idea, would support that but I am not setting one foot inside that building again in the Wang years....no games, no draft party, nothing, on LI or in Brooklyn. Wasn't a STH but was considering it but that is gone. I went to about 8-10 games a year so I am small potatoes but hopefully if everyone boycotts this team, Wang sells or at least looks to run this organization like a pro team. Professional GM, real budgets, and good management to support and entice legit prime time players to come here....Chicago did it by their fans boycotting, so can we.

Last edited by BTrotts19: 03-06-2014 at 09:22 AM.
Old
03-06-2014, 09:17 AM
Macch

Does anyone have any printing connections? We can make a *****-ton of signs and hand them out to everyone going to the game. Given our attendance we won't need a lot, but we need to get our message across and getting them on camera will go a long way.

Old
03-06-2014, 09:21 AM
camaro27

Sounds like a great idea. But we all know people will not stop going to the games it's just not going to happen. Do you really think the gang that sets up shop at Gate 11 is going to stop going no. People who bought tixxs months ago they are not going to not go. Sounds like a good idea but this will never happen. People who go should yell snow must go and wang must sell. That's the best it will get. There next home game is next Friday night against the sharks I will bet you there will be over 13 thousand people there

Old
03-06-2014, 10:07 AM
IslesNorway

Having signs telling them to go is a good idea as is being vocal and unison at games. Trying to get in the nwws is also important

Old
03-06-2014, 10:58 AM
lorwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoser14 View Post
I too blame NHL Commissioner Gary Biteme for not telling Chairman Wang that it firing a GM who won a Stanley Cup ring after 40 days and replace him with your back-up goalie is not a acceptable move by a professional fanchise.

WTF!
The fact is that although Bettman was/is limited to how much he could get done the fact is he never tried to help this, and other struggling franchises, which overall was/is detrimental to the entire NHL.

As far as we know Bettman never tried to bring pressure on SMG/Nassau county during all the years when the Islanders were stuck in a lease that made it impossible to operate.

Bettman did not vet Spano.

Bettman, as far as we know never called Wang to tell him that signing DP to that contract could not only hurt the Islanders but also set a dangerous precedent.

And now Wang is allowed to sign a lease that insures a level of income that is not predicated on team performance.

How is this new lease in the best interest of the NHL?

What if 4 or five other teams make the same deal?

You would have a good portion on your league who's best business model is to stay at or below the cap floor.

Old
03-06-2014, 11:02 AM
lorwood

Understand that if you try to set up any type of protest outside of the NVMC you will be moved along by the NCPD. If you are lucky you may get as close as the parking lot but my money would be on being "allowed" to protest out on Hempstead turnpike.

Old
03-06-2014, 12:38 PM
stranger34

Quote:
Originally Posted by leaponover View Post

The one common ground we always have is Nielsen.

Old
03-06-2014, 01:02 PM
TROLLPOSO

Any thoughts on crowd funding for an advertisement in Newsday or maybe aiming bigger in Sports Illustrated showing the fans issues with the way this franchise is run???

http://www.indiegogo.com/

Old
03-06-2014, 01:07 PM
Dutch Frost
Battle Level

NY Knicks Fans are Protesting against Dolan

Just read this in the NY POST - fans will protest on March 19th.

http://nypost.com/2014/03/05/knicks-...march-19-game/

Let's make some noise Islander fans!! Pick a game and Ill be there as well. We chant Garth Must Go, Sell Wang Sell and everyone walks out midway through the game.

Old
03-06-2014, 01:30 PM
2ndGenIslander
Potvin's Cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch Frost View Post
Just read this in the NY POST - fans will protest on March 19th.

http://nypost.com/2014/03/05/knicks-...march-19-game/

Let's make some noise Islander fans!! Pick a game and Ill be there as well. We chant Garth Must Go, Sell Wang Sell and everyone walks out midway through the game.
Guys, I know we're a small fanbase compared to the Knicks and a lot of other teams but we HAVE to do this. Do you want JT to walk in a few years when his contract is up? It will happen if there is not an ownership change and we keep being a bottom 5 team. Someone pick a day (maybe a saturday) and we will host an in-house protest at the coliseum.

We should put some type of poster together on a website with all of the details, and share it with our friends via twitter, facebook and word of mouth.

Old
03-06-2014, 01:55 PM
Wedregast

Quote:
Originally Posted by periferal View Post
WANG MUST GO.

That needs to be the cheer.

Old
03-06-2014, 02:00 PM
Wedregast

Even Spano thinks Wang should sell:

https://twitter.com/MrJohnSpano/stat...21082067632128

John Spano ‏@MrJohnSpano

Dear C. Wang. It is a privilege to own the NY Islanders. Maybe it is time for u to sell. We have caused this fan base enough heartache.

Don't know if its real, but if it is its hysterical considering who it is.

Old
03-06-2014, 02:47 PM
2ndGenIslander
Potvin's Cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wedregast View Post
Even Spano thinks Wang should sell:

https://twitter.com/MrJohnSpano/stat...21082067632128

John Spano ‏@MrJohnSpano

Dear C. Wang. It is a privilege to own the NY Islanders. Maybe it is time for u to sell. We have caused this fan base enough heartache.

Don't know if its real, but if it is its hysterical considering who it is.
It's definitely him. take a look at the photos he's posted.

Old
03-06-2014, 02:51 PM
Strome18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hip Of Rick View Post

SNOW MUST GO!!!
WANG MUST SELL!!!
I agree with your statements.

Closed Thread