HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Dear Michel Therrien,

Old
03-09-2014, 03:40 AM
Bryson

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAVO16 View Post
The silver lining (for Therrien bashers) is that if the team crashes and burns down the stretch and gets a quick first round exit after Bergevin's trade for Vanek, that might warrant Therrien getting fired.
You think that a cheap moral victory of firing Therrien is going to make up for a first round exit with the team that we have? I would hold MB accountable and fire his ass too!

You have rocket science level genius and then you have common sense. Michel Therrien has neither! Seriously how does playing Boullion who has 1 point in what was it... 119 minutes of PP make any sense? You have one of the most elite talented passing blueliners in the league and his role has been reduced to...pass it to subban!?

I don't even want the coach fired. It's obvious that what they are doing is not working and I just want to go back to the way we were playing last year or this is going to be another wasted year! Focus on our future players like Galchenyuk. Stop playing Bourque on the PP and punishing Eller just because you took away his two best wingers and decide to stick him with Bourque.

Bryson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2014, 11:36 AM
Andy

Coaching is the team's biggest flaw.

I've never seen a Habs team so talented, combined with a good work ethic, but yet struggle to win games night in and night out. Those who invoke the record to downplay the issues aren't doing anyone any service. Outside that 10 game win streak the Canadiens have been playing pretty much .500 hockey the whole season.

They have 0 regulation wins since coming back from the Olympic break, have allowed 24 goals in 7 game.

Playing the Wings, Sharks, Coyotes, Pens, Ducks and Kings have shown just how poorly coached the Canadiens are. Playing against them head on allowed us to compare team strategies and it appears that the habs have none. There is no structure in the defensive zone, there is no structure on the break outs once the Habs gain possession and there is system to move the puck forward. Watching these aforementioned teams move the puck and defend via a clear and efficient strategy amplified just how much the Canadiens are lacking in this area.

Coaching is the team's Achilles heel. Again, this is the most talented team since 07-08, yet I wouldn't be surprised to see an 09-10 Martin team with significantly less talent eat up the current roster.

Coaches have gotten 100 times more out of teams with 1/5th the talent. It's extremely frustrating to watch almost every player regress at once.

Andy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2014, 11:37 AM
overlords
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post

I've never seen a Habs team so talented, combined with a good work ethic, but yet struggle to win games night in and night out. Those who invoke the record to downplay the issues aren't doing anyone any service. Outside that 10 game win streak the Canadiens have been playing pretty much .500 hockey the whole season.

They have 0 regulation wins since coming back from the Olympic break, have allowed 24 goals in 7 game.

Playing the Wings, Sharks, Coyotes, Pens, Ducks and Kings have shown just how poorly coached the Canadiens are. Playing against them head on allowed us to compare team strategies and it appears that the habs have none. There is no structure in the defensive zone, there is no structure on the break outs once the Habs gain possession and there is system to move the puck forward. Watching these aforementioned teams move the puck and defend via a clear and efficient strategy amplified just how much the Canadiens are lacking in this area.

Coaching is the team's Achilles heel. Again, this is the most talented team since 07-08, yet I wouldn't be surprised to see an 09-10 Martin team with significantly less talent eat up the current roster.

Coaches have gotten 100 times more out of teams with 1/5th the talent. It's extremely frustrating to watch almost every player regress at once.
What's really fun about that 10 game win streak is that I'm 100% sure that if I sat down and watched them with someone, they'd have no choice but to admit that we got outplayed in most of them. And by awful teams to boot. Great goaltending and some luck goes a long way.

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2014, 12:48 AM
Lafleurs Guy

Seven goals or not, this guy is still in need of a serious firing.

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2014, 01:20 AM
Blind Gardien
nexus of the crisis

Tonight's game was a perfect executive summary. Outshot, outplayed, the other team hit some posts, our guys pulled out some gutty goals, the goalie did his thing at the right times, we sucked, Subban got dissed, we won anyway. Somehow. #FireTherrien.

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2014, 06:27 AM
TennisMenace

Am I missing something here? Why would anyone want to separate dd from Max and Vanek?

TennisMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2014, 06:29 AM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
Seven goals or not, this guy is still in need of a serious firing.
Extension coming.

hockeyfan2k11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2014, 08:09 AM
TennisMenace

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan2k11 View Post
Extension coming.

I'm sure you are right just based on results, he stays.

Let's face it, that is how people are objectively judged, so why would mt not be extended? I'm not a fan of his either, but how can you refute the results of last year and this year?

TennisMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2014, 08:15 AM
Tinordi Ruxpin
Hey, C'mon Let's Go!

If Therrien stays, I can't even believe that Subban would want to re-sign here.

Tinordi Ruxpin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 883
Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisMenace View Post

Let's face it, that is how people are objectively judged, so why would mt not be extended? I'm not a fan of his either, but how can you refute the results of last year and this year?
Another embarrassing playoffs. Unless Habs have fallen to the point a good regular season feels like cup now.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisMenace View Post

Our success this year can be refuted fairly easily.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
Another embarrassing playoffs. Unless Habs have fallen to the point a good regular season feels like cup now.
That's the sad part. If we go anywhere in the playoffs, he gets extended.

He's killing us.

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2014, 08:30 AM
bigred50

vCash: 50
Only 2 years ago the Habs were 28th overall in the league. Last year we were 4th in the East, and this year we're third best in the East - yup, fire the coach.

At what point does a coach get credit for success?

bigred50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2014, 08:32 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinordi Ruxpin View Post
If Therrien stays, I can't even believe that Subban would want to re-sign here.
Why? There is no indication that Subban hates Therrien, that's fans making up crap.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2014, 08:36 AM
HatTricK09

vCash: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigred50 View Post
Only 2 years ago the Habs were 28th overall in the league. Last year we were 4th in the East, and this year we're third best in the East - yup, fire the coach.

Last year he was a great coach, I was 100% in the MT train.

This year he's been horrible. The team gets outplayed every game but somehow we still find ways to win.
He's been mishandling a lot of our players as well, PK to begin with.

Try and watch some of our games, you'll see how bad this team gets outplayed. This might work in the regular season but it won't last in the playoff.

At this point there's nothing more to do but laugh about it, it's so sad.

HatTricK09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2014, 08:39 AM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 883
Quote:

And only 3-4 years ago the Habs had a 12-14 record in the playoffs. I don't see why it's such a surprise a better team + healthy Markov would do better in the regular season...regardless of coach. Will they do as well in the playoffs? Martin, who had his flaws, at least had his much worse team on paper look half decent there.

3 years ago, this team was 8th in the NHL in ROW, right now they're 9th. Hab need more than 12 goals and less than 10 goals against to match that team in offensive and defensive output. The team that had a rookie Subban leading the D in icetime, no Markov, Gomez as 2nd C. If Therrien is doing gods work this season, hard to imagine why Martin who essentially had similar regular success in 10/11 with playoff wins with much worse team can't find a coaching job. He also developed Subban instead of ruining him.

I'm no Martin fan but he's better than Therrien IMO.

Last edited by Watsatheo: 04-05-2014 at 08:51 AM.
Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2014, 08:45 AM
Tinordi Ruxpin
Hey, C'mon Let's Go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctonscout View Post
Why? There is no indication that Subban hates Therrien, that's fans making up crap.
Subban is mature enough not to pitch a fit in the media. I certainly don't think its an exaggeration that there is a rift between Subban and Therrien, on both ends.

Therrien was Subban's harshest critic as an analyst. Therrien is harsher on Subban then any other player. I don't see Bouillon or Murray getting the treatment than Subban receives.

Does Paul Maclean treat Karlsson like Therrien treats Subban?

Tinordi Ruxpin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2014, 08:46 AM
FisherKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctonscout View Post
Well, you're right, there is no EVIDENCE that Subban hates Therrien. Based on how Therrien has treated him though, I would say that if Subban doesn't hate Therrien, he SHOULD. At least I would if someone treated me the way Therrien has treated Subban and I'm no fan of hating anyone. If Subban bears no ill will against Therrien then Subban is a far better man than I, which I'm sure he is. Then again, maybe Therrien HAS turned Subban into "a better person". Perhaps even a saint. That might explain the "lack of evidence" of any ill will displayed by Subban to Therrien. It's the only explanation I can come up with anyway.

Edit: For someone who has constantly preached RISPEK, Therrien has shown Subban remarkably little of it. Subban is a mere shadow of his former self these days.

Last edited by FisherKing: 04-05-2014 at 08:55 AM.
FisherKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2014, 08:49 AM
bigred50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinordi Ruxpin View Post
Does Paul Maclean treat Karlsson like Therrien treats Subban?
Nope. And Karlsson will be a better and more valuable player than Subban in the playoffs this year because of it.

bigred50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2014, 09:01 AM
Milhouse40

Quote:

And 2 years ago Markov, Galchenyuk, Gallagher, Prust wasn't there either.....
Guess playing with Kaberle, Kostitsyn, Darche, Gomez are the same quality players.

We did good last year.....and got outcoached in the PO.
We did good this year.....with Vanek, i hope the expectation is more than a 1st round exit. If it's the case, will you still like MT?

And did good.....and being lucky.....are 2 differents things.
We're 10 points ahead on the last place for the PO.....and those 10 points are directly related to Carey Price awesome season. He might have stole at least 7 to 8 games we had no business in winning....easily.

Without him, it's clear the Habs are not in the PO picture......how well did we do without Price after the Olympics?

We are one of the worst team of the NHL at 5-on-5
We allowed way too many shots on goals/scoring chances
We don't create many shots on goals/scoring chances
Our PP is in the middle of the pack at best
Our young players seems to be used in the worst conditions possible
Subban, one of our top players, probably hate Therrien to death

And now we're 5 games away from the PO and still, Therrien have no clue what to do as D pairing and he put one great line together but never had one idea to create more than one offensive line.

Milhouse40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2014, 09:07 AM
Alexdaman
Ferret Lover/Master

MT is below average when it comes to lineup and strategy, but he has successfully inserted discipline and cohesion inside the ranks. He also doesn't shy off to being light hearted towards the players even tries to make them laugh.

I'm sure the team is 100% behind him even though he has his shortcomings during a game.

Alexdaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2014, 09:08 AM
Milhouse40

Here's a little thing for you:

Subban = 280 games in the NHL
Desharnais = 253 games in the NHL

Both are really good in the Offensively
Both are dangerous in their own zone

Funny that one is treated as a dumbass rookie that need to learn
And the other one is treated as a Veteran with no accountability.

They got the same NHL experience....

Therrien cut a slack to DD....rightly so, cause he compensate with his play in the O-zone......i think it's the same for Subban......

Milhouse40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2014, 09:09 AM
Andrighetto Fabolous
Ghetto

Quote:
Nope. And Karlsson will be a better and more valuable player than Subban in the playoffs this year because of it.
Yep, Karlsson is going to be awesome in the playoffs this year.

Andrighetto Fabolous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2014, 09:10 AM
PyrettaBlaze

Dear Michel Therrien,

**** off.

Yours truly,
PB

PyrettaBlaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2014, 09:18 AM
FisherKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan2k11 View Post
Extension coming.
Frankly, this is my greatest fear, and would imo be Bergevin's biggest mistake BY FAR.

Extending Therrien would imho have repercussions for the team as a whole and the development of key young players (like Subban and Eller) for years to come.

It would be an absolutely DISASTROUS move by Bergevin.

FisherKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2014, 09:24 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post

So a guy that takes a 28th place team and brings them to 4th overall and 3rd in the conference the next 2 years is a bad coach?

You must think the Habs have some kind of powerhouse on paper...the last 2 years on here fans predicted 12 or 13th place finishes(12-13) or 7th or 8th(13-14) and he's taken the team well above that and those SAME FANS think he is a bad coach.

I don't think he's a top 5 NHL coach, and I wasn't even a fan of the hiring, but you can't complain about the results. The last 2 years I'd give him a B+ or A both years.

There is no logic on this board.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote