HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

[MTL/NYI] Thomas Vanek & cond. 5th rd pick for cond. 2nd rd pick & Collberg - Part II

Old
03-05-2014, 09:11 PM
EastonBlues22
Mod Supervisor
Team ϶(°o°)ϵ

vCash: 500
[MTL/NYI] Thomas Vanek & cond. 5th rd pick for cond. 2nd rd pick & Collberg - Part II

Part I

Continue

EastonBlues22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2014, 09:12 PM
PatriceBergeronFan
Dismayed B's Fan

vCash: 583
Utterly embarrassing return. Isles' GM should be fired even faster now than if he had kept Vanek.

PatriceBergeronFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2014, 09:13 PM
JS19
Legends Never Die

What does the line-up look like with Vanek? And how disgusting that Snow wasn't able to get at least 1 roster player. Kudos to Bergevin.

JS19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2014, 09:14 PM
beauchamp

(Repeat from Part I)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halifaxhab View Post
Great move to get a real offensive threat. But, will he resign? If so, this trade turns into a massive steal.
Kovalev was obtained for a prospect (Balej) and a 2nd.

Most people did not think he would re-sign with Montréal.

beauchamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2014, 09:14 PM
Habsawce

vCash: 1093
Quote:
Originally Posted by JS19 View Post
What does the line-up look like with Vanek? And how disgusting that Snow wasn't able to get at least 1 roster player. Kudos to Bergevin.
Vanek-Plekanec-Gionta
Pacioretty-Desharnais-Gallagher
Galchenyuk-Eller-Briere
Moen-Prust-Weise

If I had to guess, maybe Bourque in there somewhere.

Habsawce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2014, 09:15 PM
Paranoid Android
mug mug mug

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastonBlues22 View Post
Part I

Continue
What's the conditions?

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2014, 09:15 PM
JS19
Legends Never Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsawce View Post
Vanek-Plekanec-Gionta
Pacioretty-Desharnais-Gallagher
Galchenyuk-Eller-Briere
Moen-Prust-Weise

If I had to guess, maybe Bourque in there somewhere.
On paper, that's a gorgeous top-9.

JS19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2014, 09:18 PM
Dick Whitman

What a steal by Montreal. Really was a buyer's market this year.

Dick Whitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2014, 09:22 PM
Sacha Baron Corbin

Feel bad for Islanders fans, horrible asset management by Snow.

Sacha Baron Corbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2014, 09:23 PM
PriceIsGod
#TokarskiTime

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatriceBergeronFan View Post
Utterly embarrassing return. Isles' GM should be fired even faster now than if he had kept Vanek.
No he shouldn't i won't defend this deal at all for Snow and he should be fired, but getting Collberg and a 2nd (If they get it) Is atleast SOMETHING. Terrible deal but SOMETHING is better than NOTHING.

PriceIsGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2014, 09:23 PM
Chet Donnelly

The **** is Snow thinking?

Chet Donnelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2014, 09:34 PM
Mehar

Repost from locked thread-

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAHabFan
Come on. Collberg is not the Habs' top prospect but he is not mediocre one. He still got a lot of potential.

My Response-

I might be a little harsh. Blame it on my disgust of Snow as a GM in Long Island. I am not an Isles fan, and pains me as fan of the sport how Long Island- full of great hockey fans and a solid history, had the utter misfortune of two of the most incompetent GM's in back to back terms over the past 15 or so years. Utter embarrassment of GM's and their track records speak for themselves. I give it one year before Tavares requests a trade.

Mehar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2014, 09:36 PM
MuckOG
The Brodin Effect

vCash: 133
I'm wondering if there's any way the NHL can step in and take over a franchise for being extremely poorly managed? Because Wang/Snow are running the Islanders into the ground.

I'm only half kidding, btw.

MuckOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2014, 09:40 PM
Mehar

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuckOG View Post
I'm wondering if there's any way the NHL can step in and take over a franchise for being extremely poorly managed? Because Wang is running the Islanders into the ground.

I agree with you and i am not kidding, but serious. In basketball- when the Toronto Raptors were a joke like the New York Islanders with Rob Babcock in 2004 making atrocious moves. It was later revealed that the league office advised Toronto ownership on what GM's might be able to turn that franchise around (they advised they get Colangelo who went to Toronto). I hope the League offices do the same for the Islanders. It is about time. 15 years of train wrecks as GM, and this franchise is a sinking ship day by day.

So Snow traded Matt Moulson, a 1st Round Pick that will likely be in the top 10, a 2nd and a conditional 5th for Sebastian Collberg and a 2nd (LMAO). This team would have been better off just keeping Moulson and signing him to a long-term deal instead. This is disgusting, and i hope Wang sees the light. I am not an Isles fan or Season Ticket Holder. I feel for the fanbase as a fan of Hockey first and foremost. Nearly two decades of incompetence- Milbury and Snow has tarnished the good name of the Islanders.

Mehar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2014, 09:42 PM
PWJunior
RIP Al Arbour

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuckOG View Post
I'm wondering if there's any way the NHL can step in and take over a franchise for being extremely poorly managed? Because Wang/Snow are running the Islanders into the ground.

Enjoy yourself, bask in the glory. It's the day you've been waiting for so get your fill.

The Isles have been the laughingstock of the league for decades now so no, the NHL won't step in.

PWJunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2014, 09:47 PM
MuckOG
The Brodin Effect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mehar View Post
I agree with you and i am not kidding, but serious. In basketball- when the Toronto Raptors were a joke like the New York Islanders with Rob Babcock in 2004 making atrocious moves. It was later revealed that the league office advised Toronto ownership on what GM's might be able to turn that franchise around (they advised they get Colangelo who went to Toronto). I hope the League offices do the same for the Islanders. It is about time. 15 years of train wrecks as GM, and this franchise is a sinking ship day by day.

So Snow traded Matt Moulson, a 1st Round Pick that will likely be in the top 10, a 2nd and a conditional 5th for Sebastian Collberg and a 2nd (LMAO). This team would have been better off just keeping Moulson and signing him to a long-term deal instead. This is disgusting, and i hope Wang sees the light. I am not an Isles fan or Season Ticket Holder. I feel for the fanbase as a fan of Hockey first and foremost. Nearly two decades of incompetence- Milbury and Snow has tarnished the good name of the Islanders.
You're absolutely right.

There must be some sort of fiduciary duty or responsibility an NHL owner must have with respect to operating a franchise. It's not good for the league to have a franchise so poorly managed, let alone one in the largest market in the land.

Old
03-05-2014, 09:51 PM
MuckOG
The Brodin Effect

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWJunior View Post
Enjoy yourself, bask in the glory. It's the day you've been waiting for so get your fill.

The Isles have been the laughingstock of the league for decades now so no, the NHL won't step in.
In all seriousness, I thought some Islander fans were nuts in terms of what kind of return they thought Vanek could bring...but even I thought it be more than this. I said all along they should get a late 1st and a "B" prospect.....then to only get a conditional 2nd? Snow is only a symptom, Wang is the sickness.

Old
03-05-2014, 09:52 PM
letowskie

When I first heard about Vanek going to Montreal; thought that either Gallagher or Eller must have been involved. Never thought that the return would be an order of magnitude below almost everyone's expectations.

I have no idea why Snow still has a job as of 3 pm this afternoon. I really feel for the Isles fans; please do your selves a favor, and reinstall Milbury. At least with mad mike there was some semblance of sanity in that organization.

letowskie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2014, 09:55 PM
PWJunior
RIP Al Arbour

Quote:
Originally Posted by letowskie View Post
When I first heard about Vanek going to Montreal; thought that either Gallagher or Eller must have been involved. Never thought that the return would be an order of magnitude below almost everyone's expectations.

I have no idea why Snow still has a job as of 3 pm this afternoon. I really feel for the Isles fans; please do your selves a favor, and reinstall Milbury. At least with mad mike there was some semblance of sanity in that organization.
Woah there. Milbury? I thought you said you felt for us. That's just malicious. Snow is a terrible GM, but Milbury is legendary. Mad Mike and sanity don't belong in the same sentence.

Old
03-05-2014, 09:57 PM
Hugo Sham

Quote:
Originally Posted by JS19 View Post
On paper, that's a gorgeous top-9.
pretty good eh?
i think Gionta's off that line - might be wrong -
and they leave Galchenyuk there

Hugo Sham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2014, 09:57 PM
letowskie

Quote:
Woah there. Milbury? I thought you said you felt for us. That's just malicious. Snow is a terrible GM, but Milbury is legendary. Mad Mike and sanity don't belong in the same sentence.
I was only speaking in relative terms; I don't think even mad mike was capable of this kind of travesty. I do really hope that you guys can get a real GM that does things in a less haphazard manner.

If you want Tippett, you have my blessings.

Old
03-05-2014, 10:06 PM
PWJunior
RIP Al Arbour

Quote:
Originally Posted by letowskie View Post
I was only speaking in relative terms; I don't think even mad mike was capable of this kind of travesty. I do really hope that you guys can get a real GM that does things in a less haphazard manner.

If you want Tippett, you have my blessings.
I'd rather have a different GM, the harsh reality is that he's not going anywhere. It's sad, but I don't think you'll find a GM with more job security than him and that includes most of the heavy hitters.

Milbury was the worst GM we've ever had and it's not even close. Snow is a stud when compared to him. Snow is a smug bean counter and quite unlikable. Milbury was just an a-hole of the highest order.

Old
03-05-2014, 10:07 PM
No Team Needed

To be fair, Vanek's agent did a real number to his value. He's treated as a pure rental. Montreal is one of the few teams with a prospect like Collberg ready to give, though I thought Anaheim would give Shea Theodore with a pick for him

No Team Needed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2014, 10:09 PM
letowskie

Quote:
I'd rather have a different GM, the harsh reality is that he's not going anywhere. It's sad, but I don't think you'll find a GM with more job security than him and that includes most of the heavy hitters.

Milbury was the worst GM we've ever had and it's not even close. Snow is a stud when compared to him. Snow is a smug bean counter and quite unlikable. Milbury was just an a-hole of the highest order.
Here's hoping that you'll be able to lure someone like Shero or Gillis onto your bandwagon. It's about time, for the long suffering Isles fan-base. I'll be rooting for that this summer.

Old
03-05-2014, 10:11 PM
aemoreira1981

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
What's the conditions?
Make the playoffs.

aemoreira1981 is offline   Reply With Quote