HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Notices

Rank how responsible Melnyk, Murray, and Maclean are for the losing season

View Poll Results: Who is most responsible
Melnyk 71 53.79%
Maclean 31 23.48%
Murray 5 3.79%
The Players 25 18.94%
Voters: 132. You may not vote on this poll

Old
03-05-2014, 11:48 PM
SENSational Sens Fan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SensAreReligion View Post
Travis Yost!
Yep, he definitely saw this thread!

Travis Yost ‏@TravisHeHateMe 15m

This is going to be a gold mine. http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1618429
Expand
Retweet
Favorite
SensChirp ‏@SensChirp 8m

@TravisHeHateMe "Murray tried to play smart guy and save a few dollars." Yeeeeesh
Expand
Retweet
Favorite

Travis Yost ‏@TravisHeHateMe 12m

OK I am laughing out loud at some of these posts.
Expand

SENSational Sens Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2014, 11:51 PM
NHL Dude 120

vCash: 109
1. Eugene Melnyk:
1a.Eugene Melnyk
1b.Eugene Melnyk
1c.Eugene Melnyk

Basically tying our teams budget tighter , the stupid CSI crap and an embarrassment to Our fine city and senators organization. You cant build a Stanley cup contending team on a budget F***ing idiot!!.

2. Brian Murray: the Alfie affair, not being aggressive enough in free agency our only free agency is Joe frickin Corvo(who is now on waivers), could we not have gotten

3. Players: I swear some(most of them) have no idea how to play D, them.

4. Paul MacLean: the system of play, the non existant D,I swear we give up more turnovers questionable coaching decisions ( juggling Ryan when he's best with Turris and MacArthur) constantly playing Anderson above Lehner who at times has been better.

I swear we better not trade our 2015 1st, so help me god there will be an angry mob.

NHL Dude 120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2014, 11:56 PM
MtRundle
Shawville Strong

Quote:
Originally Posted by SENSational Sens Fan View Post
Yep, he definitely saw this thread!

Travis Yost ‏@TravisHeHateMe 15m
You mean a twitter blogger referenced a discussion board.... aren't we special

MtRundle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2014, 11:58 PM
Spez

Murray is not to blame for the Alfie fiasco. That was squarely on Melnyk because an owner willing to spend to the cap would have allowed Murray to go get Ryan and Alfie instead of just one or the other.

Spez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2014, 11:59 PM
Senateurs
No rispek!!

Maclean needs to take a large part of the blame for this season.

It's starts with trying to force a new partner to Karlsson instead of Methot.

Then not giving his #1 centre and best forward stability by changing his wingers every two games

playing Phillips on the 1st PP unit or any offensive role.

and screwing up Lehnher after he just won us 3 games, put us back to 500 and got 1st star of the week.

There are plenty of bad decisions this year.

How about changing all the lines the game right before the Olympic break. Michalek, Spezza and Zibanejad were clicking, that line got us two wins in that very same week. Then he screws everything up by changing the top 6.

Hoffman looks good right now. Good for him, but Da Costa was actually producing points.

What about Cowen who played like **** all season but had all the chances to find his game back while playing top 4 minutes. Wiercioch played way better than him, offensively AND defensively. Even Corvo was better. At least, he's doing what he's supposed to do. move the puck, produce points.

Maclean takes it for me.

Melnyk may be cheap, but this team made the playoffs with an AHL payroll last year.

Senateurs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2014, 12:00 AM
fringie

Letting Alfie go was the only beginning of the disaster, naming Spezza as the captain turned out to be the worst possible move.

From a pure outsider perspective, I am sensing the players do not respect him as a captain especially guys like EK, there is some rift going on in this locker room. They are not on the same page, players do not trust each other, and some have no faith in the coaches any more... BM should know better..or maybe he just has no clue what he is doing any more, and Timmy was really the brain behind all of these..

fringie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2014, 12:01 AM
Barbershoppe
SensNation United!

The Players
Melynk
The Coach
The GM

Barbershoppe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2014, 12:01 AM
SENSational Sens Fan

Maclean for me. We have the talent to be a playoff team, but his inexplicable coaching decisions IMO are the reason we are where we are right now; giving the most minutes to 14-15-25 probably being the most obvious one.

SENSational Sens Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2014, 12:03 AM
SensBruins4Ever

vCash: 5640
Quote:
Originally Posted by SENSational Sens Fan View Post
Maclean for me. We have the talent to be a playoff team, but his inexplicable coaching decisions IMO are the reason we are where we are right now; giving the most minutes to 14-15-25 probably being the most obvious one.
The talent is not performing though. Spezza and karlsson does not show up every night. Greening is ****. Condra is ****. Neil is ****. Phillips is ****. Cowen is ****. Ryan has been **** lately. Weircioch is ****.

Sorry, but the players take the blame more then the coach imo.

SensBruins4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2014, 12:03 AM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek

vCash: 50
I unno what SensChirp is saying, that guy loved the Phillips deal, clueless as they come.

Anyway, have no fear folks, RKL is here:

Now, I think we've seen this repeat throughout history and I believe we are seeing it again.

Bryan Murray is a rebuilding GM but he can not make that extra push to get the pieces or make the bold decisions necessary to get this team to the extra level.

I want to say it's all Melynk's fault but it's not.

I love Bryan Murray so it was really hard to say this but we need a Burke type GM to come in and shore up the missing pieces, steal some big trades straight up and get us competing.

Maybe I'm overreacting, maybe Murray forced by Melnyk to not make any moves but THAT ****ING DEAL TO PHILLIPS MAN. I've had enough. We lost to Edmonton and Calgary. Disgusting.

Btw, Lol @ MacLean trying to play hardball.

Methot says he shouldnt have been scratched then MacLean gives him a lesson by scratching him next game.

Ryan says he doesn't like changing shifts then MacLean changes him on 4 different lines today.

Lol? Are we in pre-season or are we trying to ****Ing WIN THE ****ING HOCKEY ****ING GAME TO MAKE THE ****ING PLAYOFFS.

Anyway, check out my rant on the other threads, I promise you won't be disappointed.

ReginKarlssonLehner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2014, 12:04 AM
UnFinishedSpezza

The guy who put Condra on the first line.

UnFinishedSpezza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2014, 12:05 AM
Boud

I say Mclean and the players ..

Boud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2014, 12:06 AM
Spez

People should stop talking about last year and why we made it. Hot goaltending is what got us to the dance last year and if we had an ounce of hot goaltending we'd be in a playoff spot. However it's unreasonable to expect the numbers our goalies were putting up. Spezza and the C isn't why we're struggling either. Give this team the ability to spend to the cap and they would be in a playoff spot. All you have to do is look at the teams with the high payrolls and you'll see so many of them are in a playoff spot. Look at the teams with the lowest payrolls and you'll see they are out of a playoff spot. We're the only ones who still have a small chance to even make it in. There is a correlation between spending and winning.

Spez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2014, 12:09 AM
SevenOfSpades
SkinnyOneOnTheRight

vCash: 125
Did I miss a sale on armchairs? What is it with all these threads popping up?

SevenOfSpades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2014, 12:10 AM
ChocolateLeclaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReginKarlssonLehner View Post
I unno what SensChirp is saying, that guy loved the Phillips deal, clueless as they come.

Anyway, have no fear folks, RKL is here:

Now, I think we've seen this repeat throughout history and I believe we are seeing it again.

Bryan Murray is a rebuilding GM but he can not make that extra push to get the pieces or make the bold decisions necessary to get this team to the extra level.

I want to say it's all Melynk's fault but it's not.

I love Bryan Murray so it was really hard to say this but we need a Burke type GM to come in and shore up the missing pieces, steal some big trades straight up and get us competing.

Maybe I'm overreacting, maybe Murray forced by Melnyk to not make any moves but THAT ****ING DEAL TO PHILLIPS MAN. I've had enough. We lost to Edmonton and Calgary. Disgusting.

Btw, Lol @ MacLean trying to play hardball.

Methot says he shouldnt have been scratched then MacLean gives him a lesson by scratching him next game.

Ryan says he doesn't like changing shifts then MacLean changes him on 4 different lines today.

Lol? Are we in pre-season or are we trying to ****Ing WIN THE ****ING HOCKEY ****ING GAME TO MAKE THE ****ING PLAYOFFS.

Anyway, check out my rant on the other threads, I promise you won't be disappointed.
Come on...any GM who comes in immediately gets handcuffed by Melynk's budget. no chance to make moves to get over the top.

Secondly, the decision to scratch Methot was by management, not Maclean.

Thirdly, he shifted Ryan around along with everyone else to try and get something resembling offense going. Nothing was clicking tonight.

ChocolateLeclaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2014, 12:16 AM
Alfie#11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spez View Post
People should stop talking about last year and why we made it. Hot goaltending is what got us to the dance last year and if we had an ounce of hot goaltending we'd be in a playoff spot. However it's unreasonable to expect the numbers our goalies were putting up. Spezza and the C isn't why we're struggling either. Give this team the ability to spend to the cap and they would be in a playoff spot. All you have to do is look at the teams with the high payrolls and you'll see so many of them are in a playoff spot. Look at the teams with the lowest payrolls and you'll see they are out of a playoff spot. We're the only ones who still have a small chance to even make it in. There is a correlation between spending and winning.
bringing a knife to a gun fight....

Alfie#11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2014, 12:19 AM
Senateurs
No rispek!!

We are going to regret not trading Bobby Ryan. His value will only go down from now.

Senateurs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2014, 12:20 AM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocolateLeclaire View Post
Come on...any GM who comes in immediately gets handcuffed by Melynk's budget. no chance to make moves to get over the top.

Secondly, the decision to scratch Methot was by management, not Maclean.

Thirdly, he shifted Ryan around along with everyone else to try and get something resembling offense going. Nothing was clicking tonight.
Bro.

Reports came out that when Anaheim kept calling on Spezza, Murray said "We don't wanna go that way." Without even checking out what the offer is.

That is absolutely terrible managing. That alongside Phillips signing has made me think my perception of our saviour Bryan Murray is not as holy as we seem it be.

Btw, Ryan was with Hoffman and Zibanejad all of last game and they did nothing. Ryan came on Turris line and they created offense immediately yet again in the third till the end of the game.

Then, to start tonights game, GUESSSSSS WHEREE RYANNNNNN ISSSSSSS!

Back on the line he struggled. He gets put back on Turris line guess what happens same shift? Ryan almost scores.

Disgusting coaching lately. Then he puts Greening with MacArthur and Turris in the third even though Greening was one of our worst players today.

Such a joke.

Old
03-06-2014, 12:21 AM
HavlatMach9

I doubt melnyk would allow trading Spezza. who's gonna show up at our arena?

HavlatMach9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2014, 12:28 AM
OttawaGM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HavlatMach9 View Post
I doubt melnyk would allow trading Spezza. who's gonna show up at our arena?
Karlsson is the only reason to go to a game right now and I wouldn't be surprised if he asks for a trade sooner rather than later.

OttawaGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2014, 12:31 AM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek

If Karlsson asks to be traded, I can't say what I will do cause I might get banned or reported.

The only reason I tune in anymore is cause of the most exciting player in the league:

Karlsson.

Old
03-06-2014, 12:33 AM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek

We were in phenomenal position this deadline to acquire a top 3 defender that'll help this team for next 3-5 years in Ehrhoff.

Murray ****ed up.

We better get him in the off-season.

Old
03-06-2014, 12:34 AM
HSF

where would you guys spend money? the defense is what it is we have so many young guys (from the obvious rebuild) you have to give these guys a chance a guess

HSF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2014, 12:35 AM
HSF

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReginKarlssonLehner View Post
We were in phenomenal position this deadline to acquire a top 3 defender that'll help this team for next 3-5 years in Ehrhoff.

Murray ****ed up.

We better get him in the off-season.
...no team was stupid enough to take that contract.

jesus people think a gm was actually going to take on a 7 year contract at the deadline?

HSF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2014, 12:35 AM
Reddington

Quote:
Originally Posted by OttawaGM View Post
Karlsson is the only reason to go to a game right now and I wouldn't be surprised if he asks for a trade sooner rather than later.
Not funny; you're going to give us nightmares tonight.

Reddington is offline   Reply With Quote