HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Price Back on the Ice, Gorges with minor fracture to a hand

Closed Thread

Old
11-11-2013, 05:17 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 500
Emelin going to be eased in by playing with Boullion. That seems a bit contradictory.

Old
11-11-2013, 05:47 PM
kassian
Emelin's face plate

One posted weeks ago pointed out that Emelin had gathered more points last season at the moment he tore his ACL, than Cube did this season so far AND last combined despite playing regular PP minutes in both of those. That's terrible.

If MT still plays his loverboy over Emelin when the latest comes back, any fan with more than two working brain cells should be outraged.

Old
11-11-2013, 05:49 PM
Mr. Hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
Emelin going to be eased in by playing with Boullion. That seems a bit contradictory.
In case you're referring to my last post (just edited it...and this was before seeing your post...seriously!).

But you never know...the coach may put Gorges with Diaz on the 2nd pairing, and give ''soft'' minutes to Emelin-Bouillon/Murray??????
Maybe?????????? But ideally after a few games...Emelin should play with Gorges or PK Subban, or...Markov. Many choices...that's a good thing.

Old
11-11-2013, 05:51 PM
Mr. Hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by kassian View Post
One posted weeks ago pointed out that Emelin had gathered more points last season at the moment he tore his ACL, than Cube did this season so far AND last combined despite playing regular PP minutes in both of those. That's terrible.

If MT still plays his loverboy over Emelin when the latest comes back, any fan with more than two working brain cells should be outraged.
Don't worry...like it or not/classy or not...the Mtl mayor will post something about it IF Therrien plays Bouillon over Emelin, and some of us will secretly like the fact that the mayor tells it like it is and is passionate about his Mtl Canadiens.

1st PP:
Markov-PK Subban
or
Emelin-PK Subban

2nd PP unit:
Emelin-Diaz
or
Markov-Diaz

Old
11-11-2013, 06:04 PM
Bryson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hab View Post
Don't worry...like it or not/classy or not...the Mtl mayor will post something about it IF Therrien plays Bouillon over Emelin, and some of us will secretly like the fact that the mayor tells it like it is and is passionate about his Mtl Canadiens
I just took a look at Denis Coderre twitter and boy he sure is passionate and outspoken about the habs! Guess he's not stupid. He knows that the habs winning is good for business.

Old
11-11-2013, 06:12 PM
Mr. Hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryson View Post
I just took a look at Denis Coderre twitter and boy he sure is passionate and outspoken about the habs! Guess he's not stupid. He knows that the habs winning is good for business.
Well...to those who always expect mayors to be politically correct (aka: lying or not saying what you really want to say 'cause of your position,etc)...some might like the honest comments of Coderre maybe it's refreshing to some (even if it's not really considered classy or politically correct). Gorges looked pissed off (as usual).

Bottom line:
$3.5mil/year, you have to deliver...you have to. How many more games before enough is enough? IF the playoffs started soon...do you really think DD would be included in the lineup? (barring many injuries to our top 9). I do want DD's value to go up (for some kind of trade value!), but how?

Old
11-11-2013, 06:58 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett View Post
I would rotate Murray and bouillon based on the opposition. Murray for the big body teams that rely heavily on wearing teams out down low. Bouillon for the more skating style games.

And for gods sake, will mt please use emelin on the 2nd pp unit? He's really a better option than bouillon or gorges. I never understood why he wasn't used on the pp unit more often, even when he looked good on it in the brief time he did have.
Bouillon skates ,,, and gets nowhere. Murray remains at nowhere. I'd hate to add up their minuses at the end of the season.

Old
11-11-2013, 10:33 PM
Forsead

I want to see a Diaz and Emelin second PP wave !

Old
11-12-2013, 09:41 AM
EveryDay

Canadiens Montréal ‏@CanadiensMTL 6m Brandon Prust est à l'entraînement avec un chandail "non-contacts". / Brandon Prust is at practice sporting a blue "no contact" jersey.

Old
11-12-2013, 09:45 AM
BrimStone64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
Wonder if Elemin will end up back with Markov? Gorges back with Subban?

Old
11-12-2013, 09:47 AM
ROSSter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsead View Post
I want to see a Diaz and Emelin second PP wave !
Me too. Would be a nice one-two punch with markov/subban. It's cringe inducing seeing Bouillon on the PP. Emelin's return is a blessing.

Old
11-12-2013, 10:05 AM
Montreal Impact FC
.:| Champ's City |:.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROSSter View Post
Me too. Would be a nice one-two punch with markov/subban. It's cringe inducing seeing Bouillon on the PP. Emelin's return is a blessing.
So who is coming back today? Briere emelin?

Old
11-12-2013, 10:10 AM
hogtownhabsfan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryDay View Post
Canadiens Montréal ‏@CanadiensMTL 6m Brandon Prust est à l'entraînement avec un chandail "non-contacts". / Brandon Prust is at practice sporting a blue "no contact" jersey.
Once Prust comes back, we might have ourselves a nice healthy lineup. :touch wood

Old
11-12-2013, 10:17 AM
Forsead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montreal Impact FC View Post
So who is coming back today? Briere emelin?
I think only Brière.

If Emelin get some PP time with Diaz (His contract seems to say that the organization is seeing alot in him), I think we might see the rise of a two-way, big, physical, 30 pts dman, which cannot describe more the needs of the team.

Old
11-12-2013, 11:02 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Briere and Moen are in tonight.

Chantal Machabee ‏@ChantalMachabee 27m
Confirmé Desharnais ne joue pas. Brière, Dumont et Moen seront de la formation. #CH

Old
11-12-2013, 11:04 AM
HiggsBozon
Vintage Emy

So barring no injuries (knocks on wood), next weekend, we'll only be missing Prust to have a healthy roster, right?

Feels good man.

Old
11-12-2013, 03:22 PM
Feintastic

Sure Emelin can ''help'' in the offensive zone but is he a real 2 way ? hmm I dont think so.

I like Emelin but he is a bit overrated cause that's the only one who can hit besides P.K Subban. (ohh yeeaah I forgot Murray...lmao)

Next to...who ?... Gorges... Diaz and Bouillon... off course Emelin looks like a god !

But yes Im happy to have him.

Old
11-12-2013, 03:36 PM
HankyZetts
Twi2ted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feintastic View Post
Sure Emelin can ''help'' in the offensive zone but is he a real 2 way ? hmm I dont think so.

I like Emelin but he is a bit overrated cause that's the only one who can hit besides P.K Subban. (ohh yeeaah I forgot Murray...lmao)

Next to...who ?... Gorges... Diaz and Bouillon... off course Emelin looks like a god !

Emelin is one of the most physical defencemen in the league, and he does possess offensive ability. He was KHLs top scoring Dman before he came over and we've seen flashes of his 2-way ability already in Montreal. I'd expect him to really breakout over these next couple seasons and establish himself as a legit top-3 in this league.

Old
11-12-2013, 03:41 PM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
Quote:

im glad you brought this up

i LOVE emelin and am one of the few who waited five YEARS for this guy to come over lol

but he's being held in such HIGH regard since being hurt its very interresting... people will be *****ing about how much slower he is now and how he used to be confused in his own zone (will he stil be?) and ill feel bad about it because alot of hab fans have short term memory and i hope they take it EASY on alexei until a couple of months have gone by (but thats asking too much anyway)

i guess it will all be about which side he's playing on because for him there is a big difference between the 2 and i hope they dont mess it up

edit : like hanyketts mentionned, ...while in the KHL following him overseas waiting for him to come over, he was defintitely considered an OFFENSIVE defenseman, and then he comes to NA and all of a sudden 0 PP time and hes considered a defensive defenseman who hits like a TRUCK, it was weird seeing that transition, and i sincerely hope he gets PP time sooner than later

Old
11-12-2013, 03:44 PM
Dagistitsyn

Anyone actually believe Prust will be 100% when he comes back? His shoulder is ****ed

Old
11-12-2013, 03:48 PM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
yeah i really wish he'd take his absolute time with that shoulder...

Old
11-12-2013, 03:52 PM
Phil Parent
Djee-zosse!

Healthy lineup is coming!

Worst thing is, if Desharnais and Briere would have produced as expected, we'd be first in the conference AINEC. Especially with Bournival being such a good weapon atm.

I think the office counted on at least one of the two to do good.

Old
11-12-2013, 05:26 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:

In order to be truly a "2 way d-man" he'd have to be given more offensive responsibilities(PP). I think he can easily put up around 30 points

Old
11-12-2013, 05:33 PM
MoldyCakes
Fight, Troll, Score

I hope Malone doesn't do something to Emelin...

Old
11-12-2013, 05:48 PM
BLONG7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redux91 View Post
yeah i really wish he'd take his absolute time with that shoulder...
Surely they will keep him out until he is at least 90-95%...

Closed Thread