HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Johnsson trade - what would it take?

Closed Thread

Old
08-17-2005, 04:32 PM
bb74

vCash: 500
Johnsson trade - what would it take?

Philly is pretty stacked both in terms of talent & players, but also in terms of the CAP.

I know Johnsson is core to the PHI defense however I'm curious if:

1. he is considered available.
2. what is would take to get him?

Old
08-17-2005, 04:35 PM
Brad*

The Flyers can ice their current roster and fit under the cap, that situation has been solved. They don't have much breathing room, but it'll still work out.

He's not available in reality. He's their number one defenseman - you won't see any contending teams trading away their top defenseman.

If he was, it would take a player of equal skill/talent to balance it out, since the Flyers are in a win now mode. That would be a lateral move, and wouldn't really be worth it.

Old
08-17-2005, 04:35 PM
Nuclear

I'd think the only situation we'd face for a trade would be if a team needs a good offensive defenseman and they don't have time to develope one of their prospects.

If a team has a large core of defense prospects but only has a few NHL ready dmen, we'd trade with them. We could get a prospect that we could develope, and probably draft picks for him.

Old
08-17-2005, 06:25 PM
Dr Love

In any one for one trade involving Kim Johnsson, KJ is going to be the player with the cheaper contract.

Old
08-17-2005, 08:32 PM
Gags1288

Quote:
Originally Posted by bb74
Philly is pretty stacked both in terms of talent & players, but also in terms of the CAP.

I know Johnsson is core to the PHI defense however I'm curious if:

1. he is considered available.
2. what is would take to get him?
The flyers are at 37.5 mil with a full team. The would probably like .5-1 mil more room under the cap, but they're not going to trade their best defenseman by far to do it. If you wanted Kim in a trade, it would take a ton and you'd have to overpay. Kim will sign a long term deal in the summer and be the center piece of the defense. He's one of the top 15 defenseman in the NHL and he's not going anywhere.

I don't know what team you're talking about acquiring Kim so I couldn't really give you an idea of what it'd require in a deal.

Closed Thread