HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Forsberg or Iginla

Closed Thread

Old
08-12-2005, 04:47 PM
NyQuil
Setec Astronomy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord ZipLock
No its due to Forsberg's hockey sense and skill level being 10 fold that of Iginla.
10-FOLD?

*sigh*, I give up.

Old
08-12-2005, 04:50 PM
Lord ZipLock

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyQuil
10-FOLD?

*sigh*, I give up.
Alright ten fold is a bit over doing it but look at thier numbers in international competitions and you will see Forsberg is by far superior.

Old
08-12-2005, 04:55 PM
Egil

If both are healthy you want Forsberg. Considering their injury histories, I would choose Iginla. But what do I know as a homer Sens fan.

Old
08-12-2005, 04:57 PM
Original6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teezax
Foppa not a warrior?????

God, i dont even want to touch this.
No one gets into those corners and grinds like he does.

Amazing how everyone wanted Foppa and would give their left nut for him, but the minute they didnt get him, he became an injury plagued has been.
I actuall wanted Adam Foote...

Old
08-12-2005, 05:44 PM
hockeyisrcool

I'm a Ducks fan and there is no comparisment between those 2. Forsberg is not 10 he is about 20 times the player the Iginla is or ever will be. Did you even watch Colorado play last 8-10 seasons. Compare Iginla to Tkachuk, Bertuzzi, Leclair, Thorton. They are all dump and chase guys. Forsberg on the other hand can take puck from his zone to an offensive zone and skate circles around players for 5 minutes without being touched.

Old
08-12-2005, 05:49 PM
looooob

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyisrcool
I'm a Ducks fan and there is no comparisment between those 2. Forsberg is not 10 he is about 20 times the player the Iginla is or ever will be. Did you even watch Colorado play last 8-10 seasons. Compare Iginla to Tkachuk, Bertuzzi, Leclair, Thorton. They are all dump and chase guys. Forsberg on the other hand can take puck from his zone to an offensive zone and skate circles around players for 5 minutes without being touched.
wow

Old
08-12-2005, 05:59 PM
Lord ZipLock

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyisrcool
WELL PUT.
With you 100 precent forsberg can just skate circles around almsot every player in the nhl.

Old
08-12-2005, 06:13 PM
Prince Mercury

Iginla, he's got so much potential and I love how he reads plays. Not to mention that despite being a nice guy he can really slap some fools around.

Of course I hope Iggy would never leave Calgary, that would just be wrong. And I hope he would never ever be stupid enough to go to Philly [/end trolling]

Old
08-12-2005, 06:18 PM
High Flyer

i think Iggy is more a Clarke type of player but i'm happy with forsberg...Iggy will only get better...i have family in calgary they love their Iggy...i think they'd riot if he was ever traded as Clarke has been trying to do for years...forsberg + other for Iggy...that'd be good for me

Old
08-12-2005, 06:42 PM
Gags1288

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egil
If both are healthy you want Forsberg. Considering their injury histories, I would choose Iginla. But what do I know as a homer Sens fan.
You're 100 percent correct, I'm not sure how this is even debateable. Iginla is certainly more of a sure thing because he doesn't have the injury history, but a healthy Forsberg is the best forward in the NHL.

Old
08-12-2005, 06:43 PM
Brad*

The Flyers need a playmaking center right now, so Forsberg it is.

Health is a concern, but I'll take my chances.

Old
08-13-2005, 11:21 AM
The Prodigy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bure94
Talk about homers now that Foppa is in a Flyers uni.

Iginla is on my most hated team, and I hate him as equally as Peter, but Jarome carried an average team within one goal of the SC.

Peter's almost always injured during the playoffs, and was non-existent with Colorado's 2nd championship. Sakic carries the load on that team, always has, always will. Forsberg's just along for the ride.

He's a good scorer and solid mix of offense and physicality but he is no way close to the kind of player Iginla is.

Man, talk about ignorance. Forsberg going along for the ride? He's led the NHL in playoff scoring twice. He's had 154 points in 133 games in the playoffs. Just going along for the ride? His Points-Per-Game ratio in the playoffs is better than Sakic's. Going along for the ride? Man, that is funny, truly is. And if you think that he benefits from his teammates more than they benefit from him, you are one foolish little fellow.

He's in no way close to the kind of player Iginla is? Have you "seen" Forsberg play? Because it sure as hell doesn't seem like it. I mean, it is one thing to have an opinion, but it is another to spout nonsense. Iginla is certainly a great player, a great leader and very hyped by the media, but talent-wise, he is not on Forsberg's level, not even close.

Put down the pipe, and go watch a player play before you say this crap. It's rather insulting.

Old
08-13-2005, 12:03 PM
Lord ZipLock

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Prodigy

Man, talk about ignorance. Forsberg going along for the ride? He's led the NHL in playoff scoring twice. He's had 154 points in 133 games in the playoffs. Just going along for the ride? His Points-Per-Game ratio in the playoffs is better than Sakic's. Going along for the ride? Man, that is funny, truly is. And if you think that he benefits from his teammates more than they benefit from him, you are one foolish little fellow.

He's in no way close to the kind of player Iginla is? Have you "seen" Forsberg play? Because it sure as hell doesn't seem like it. I mean, it is one thing to have an opinion, but it is another to spout nonsense. Iginla is certainly a great player, a great leader and very hyped by the media, but talent-wise, he is not on Forsberg's level, not even close.

Put down the pipe, and go watch a player play before you say this crap. It's rather insulting.

Old
08-13-2005, 12:19 PM
NyQuil
Setec Astronomy

Part of the issue is whether you can take his injuries into account when evaluating him as a player.

When healthy, he's the best forward in the world, in my opinion.

As a GM, and you had 1st overall pick of everyone in the league, would you still pick Forsberg?

Someone like Sundin, who has never really stepped it up in a huge way in the NHL, is still one of the most consistent producers around. He's scored at least 30 goals in 11 of his 14 seasons.

Obviously, part of the issue is the way Forsberg plays may be conducive to injury, in that he can be physically dominant in ways that Sundin can't. But is he helping his team over the long run if he is forced to miss stretches of key games? A player like Jagr, has traditionally played at a different level than everyone else, but the rap against him has always been that the slightest injury has resulted in a severe decrease in his production. (he proved them wrong somewhat at the WCs this year, winning with a broken digit)

How you evaluate the criteria for what a "good" or "great" player is, or who is better, is the bigger issue here. Is it their potential? Is it when they are at 100%? Is it their ability to contribute over an entire season?

These are questions without easy answers.

Old
08-13-2005, 12:38 PM
Colorado Avalanche

Healthy Forsberg is is is ...best player in the world.

Old
08-13-2005, 12:44 PM
blah

Quote:
Originally Posted by tytech
Sure we are all tickled pink to have Forsberg with us but if both were to stay healthy, who would you rather have?

I'd have to say Iginla. Something about him in a flyers jersey gives me goosebumps. Don't get me wrong I'm ecstatic about Foppa but would be a tad bit more thrilled to have Iggy.
If we're assuming both are healthy it has to be Forsberg and it's not even close. If we take injuries into consideration I'd give the slight edge to Iginla.

Old
08-13-2005, 12:54 PM
Bruinster*

Send a message via ICQ to Bruinster*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Color@do @v@l@nche
Healthy Forsberg is is is ...best player in the world.
Sakic was a lotttttttttttt better than Forsberg in those years with the Av's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teezax

Homer?? Iginla had a couple good seasons.. Forsberg had a flawless career.
If I had a choice at anyone coming here, it would have been him no ands ifs or buts.

You're just buzzing dude if you think Sakic carried the team.
I suggest you do some research and look up stats.

http://www.philadelphiaflyers.com/t...sp?PlayerID=126
Now check that :

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...pid%5B%5D=4739

Last edited by Bruinster*: 08-13-2005 at 01:49 PM.
Old
08-13-2005, 01:30 PM
HuskyFlames

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord ZipLock
My friend, you are right but when the differnce is 250 points then there is only so much context.
Furthermore look at Heatly or Kovlycuck(both having almost a point a game average)(iginla .80ppg and Forsberg 1.27ppg, thats a .47point differnce) on Atlanta which is comparable to Calgray, plus didnt Calagry make it to the Stanley Cup finals in 2004.
Once again hands down Forsberg.
How can you compare Atlanat to the Flames? They play a completely different style. Heck, they also have a top 6 that are much more offensively skilled than the Flames were the last few years as well (except for Iginla). Really bad comparison.

Old
08-13-2005, 02:27 PM
kruezer

I like Iginla, and I think he is certainly got many things going for him, including things that Forsberg does not have, but with both on the ice I would take Forsberg ever so slightly in terms of hockey abilities, he is just a touch better than Iginla IMO.

Old
08-13-2005, 03:26 PM
Lord ZipLock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick - Flames Fan
How can you compare Atlanat to the Flames? They play a completely different style. Heck, they also have a top 6 that are much more offensively skilled than the Flames were the last few years as well (except for Iginla). Really bad comparison.
your right calgray is a much better team i was just useing the players from atlanta for the comparsion as in Kovalchuk when healty missed almost the whole year due to injure.
And in 2003-04 Kovalchuk had a better year, and i would take him over Iginla, he is overrated and hyped up by the media.

Kovalchuk 81 41 46 87
Iginla 81 41 32 73

Look at that 14 points more

Old
08-13-2005, 03:37 PM
easton122

Send a message via AIM to easton122 Send a message via MSN to easton122
Who would you rather have over an 82 game season?

40-40-80

or

30-80-110

?

Old
08-13-2005, 03:52 PM
Lord ZipLock

Quote:
Originally Posted by easton122

40-40-80

or

30-80-110

?
30-80-110 beacuse that means your team scored 30 more goals

Old
08-13-2005, 03:54 PM
NyQuil
Setec Astronomy

Quote:
Originally Posted by easton122
You're assuming that both players will play an 82 game season?

Old
08-13-2005, 03:58 PM
Colorado Avalanche

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruinster
Sakic was a lotttttttttttt better than Forsberg in those years with the Av's.

Now check that :

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...pid%5B%5D=4739
well.. Forsberg stats are every year over 1 ppg. That's veryy impressive. Forsberg>Sakic. Forsberg can dominate games, Sakic can score clutch goals which is also important, but when Forsberg is on the ice something happens always. And Sakic might have very good stats, but Forsberg also helps Sakic stats, most of enemy teams puts their best defencemen/players on the ice vs Forsberg. I take Forsberg over Sakic even with all injuries. I know Sakic is great, but right now, Forsberg is better player.

Old
08-13-2005, 03:58 PM
hockeystud938

Quote:
Originally Posted by donelikedinner
forsberg in his prime vs. iginal in his prime = forsberg for me
same

Closed Thread