HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

3/7/14 "Welcome Home, Lu" - Sabres VS Panthers

View Poll Results: How will Luongo fare in his return home to South Florida?
Shutout, oh you know it. 14 48.28%
He'll be the reason the Panthers win the game. 13 44.83%
Mediocre, he'll be too excited to be back. 2 6.90%
Shootout loss...oh crap he's bad at that. 0 0%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
03-08-2014, 02:05 AM
flapanthersfan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luis Gudbrunson View Post
Trochek is from Pittsburgh. Lemieux 66. Jagr 68. I think he'll probably stick with his jersey number.
that's the same reason Frolik chose that number if I remember correctly.

Hopefully Trocheck works out a little better for us.

Old
03-08-2014, 02:47 AM
FrolikFan67

frolik was from kladno, the same town as jagr and they would call him "baby jagr", so i assume he wore 67 because it was 1 number below 68.
and frolik had two 21G/40+PTS seasons here then 8G and 21A in 52 games before getting traded, which is better than what huberdeau is doing now (8G-16A in 61games) nothing to complain about especially being his first 2 1/2 years in the league and on his entry level contract

but yes I'm hoping soooo much trocheck keeps the 67, I've always noticed him wearing it through the years at development camp and i asked him if he picked it or they just gave it to him, and he said they gave it to him. he's never worn it at any other level, through OHL and AHL. so I'm glad to see him keep it and i hope he does permanently, especially considering only frolik, pacioretty, pouliot, and rakell wear it to my knowledge. speaking of which, we brought back jovo, now luongo, how about we bring back frolik

a long term 3rd line of Bergenheim-Trocheck-Frolik, oh how happy i would be!

Old
03-08-2014, 03:01 AM
JonathanHuberdoh
HFBoards Partner

Send a message via AIM to JonathanHuberdoh
Great win. Love seeing Luongo back in net. He just looks right in a Panthers jersey, I can't explain it.

Not expecting a shutout every night but it was a fitting return for him. Looking forward to watching him mind the net for the rest of the season and moving forward with our team. Hopefully the owners can allow DT to bring some pieces in and get this franchise a championship.

Old
03-08-2014, 03:30 AM
Vilam
#LetsChangeIt

Awwww yessss LU!

Glad I stayed up late to watch this one through on the DVR tonight! How crazy was it that Lu was wearing his same old Cats mask that he had on in the 20th anniversary clips they played during the first break? I'm so glad I voted for the shutout - it's nice feeling happy, excited, and hopeful for a change!

Old
03-08-2014, 04:56 AM
SoupyFIN
Global Moderator
#CatsAren'tComing

vCash: 14000

Old
03-08-2014, 07:41 AM
CanadianPanther
#CatsAreComing

vCash: 1076
I didn't get to see the game last night unfortunately but from what I've read, Kuli/Trocheck/Luongo all had really good games which is really nice to hear. What was most noticeable about Trocheck's game last night?

2 PP goals? Shutout? I know it's against Buffalo but still love seeing things we've never had all year long. Bobby Lu, oh the things you do.

Old
03-08-2014, 07:48 AM
EnforceTheLaus
#FirmwareUpdate16

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianPanther View Post
I didn't get to see the game last night unfortunately but from what I've read, Kuli/Trocheck/Luongo all had really good games which is really nice to hear. What was most noticeable about Trocheck's game last night?
He's hard working in every aspect. Layed out some good hits, very shifty along the boards, created a ton of turnovers and drew key penalties. Creative with the puck making good scoring chances and will shoot as much as pass. I think he had like ~18 mins and didn't look out of place at all.

Old
03-08-2014, 08:01 AM
CanadianPanther
#CatsAreComing

vCash: 1076
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnforceTheLaus View Post
He's hard working in every aspect. Layed out some good hits, very shifty along the boards, created a ton of turnovers and drew key penalties. Creative with the puck making good scoring chances and will shoot as much as pass. I think he had like ~18 mins and didn't look out of place at all.
Music to my ears. I'm really curious what the plan is with Trocheck and Pirri, one will have to convert to wing and honestly I feel Trocheck has more ability to be a top 6 winger than Pirri does. I also saw someone post Tallon is going to be aggressive in free agency. Was that really our first shutout in 2 years? Loving the old lid Roberto brought back, can't believe he kept it for so long but I guess it was one of his first NHL masks he wore.

Also very interesting was the Panthers getting the first highlights on TSN this morning, the only time they ever get first highlights is when they play a Canadian team.

Old
03-08-2014, 08:09 AM
Gordonx11
#CatsAreComing

Quote:
Music to my ears. I'm really curious what the plan is with Trocheck and Pirri, one will have to convert to wing and honestly I feel Trocheck has more ability to be a top 6 winger than Pirri does. I also saw someone post Tallon is going to be aggressive in free agency. Was that really our first shutout in 2 years? Loving the old lid Roberto brought back, can't believe he kept it for so long but I guess it was one of his first NHL masks he wore.

Also very interesting was the Panthers getting the first highlights on TSN this morning, the only time they ever get first highlights is when they play a Canadian team.
That was me. When they interviewed Tallon at intermission he said "and when July 1st comes around were going to be aggressive and go after the top Free agents"

Old
03-08-2014, 09:31 AM
harv3317

unbelievable. first game back for lou and a shut out. it must be karma! we played really well and buffalo like us are bottom feeder and they were depleted by 3 call ups. trochek was very impressive neuvirth was unbelievable, i thought that's who we'd get in a trade. let's see how we do against contending teams, but this was an unbelievable start!

Old
03-08-2014, 09:37 AM
angry_treefrog
#CatsAreComing

Boston game will likely be a reality check, but a win in that game would be huge for the team psyche.

Old
03-08-2014, 09:45 AM
EnforceTheLaus
#FirmwareUpdate16

Boston also plays the Bolts tonight.

SoYou'reSayingThereIsAChance.jpg

Old
03-08-2014, 09:51 AM
IceManCat
#CatsAreComing

Why cant we bring these jerseys back. I really dislike the long sleeve Reebok design

Old
03-08-2014, 09:51 AM
thainer21

vCash: 485
Way to go Lu! Im glad you feel back at home in FLA.

God I hate the Canucks!

Old
03-08-2014, 10:23 AM
AwesomePanthers
Go Cats Go

Remember seeing him in Saginaw and I knew he was gonna be good, most people didn't know who Trocheck was. Good scouting eye

Glad to see Kulikov finding his game again.

Lu with the shutout, awesome.

Old
03-08-2014, 11:50 AM
Benched

Quote:

2 PP goals? Shutout? I know it's against Buffalo but still love seeing things we've never had all year long. Bobby Lu, oh the things you do.
Strong on the puck, makes good passes and choices with it, shoots when he is supposed go, lays hits, works hard. He had a great night. From what I saw he forechecked a bit too. Going to be a great player for us.

Old
03-08-2014, 01:56 PM
Boooooth10

It's great to see Luongo in a Panthers jersey again.

Old
03-08-2014, 02:28 PM
HockeyRulez
The moves like Jagr!

Great win! Wish I could've been there, but i'll be there tomorrow and Tuesday loud and proud!

Old
03-08-2014, 03:12 PM
FlaPnthrsPunk
#CatsAreComing

I couldn't attend the game unfortunately and finished watching it around 2:00am but it sounded like a great atmosphere. I can't believe it's really the Panthers first shutout in two years, but what a way for Luongo to re-start his Panthers career with a bang. Especially, those saves in the final minute were what I remember from his previous years here. Defensively, I thought we played excellent as well. It is indeed funny how different a week makes us as fans go from having almost no hope to having spirits the highest they've been in two years. Hopefully this is just the beginning and Tallon builds us more and more as time goes on into the contender he keeps referring to very soon

Old
03-08-2014, 03:31 PM
CanadianPantherFan
#CatsAreComing

Quote:

Last night on the main show as well. Almost fell off my bed. They don't even get that treatment if they are in the playoffs. Maybe when they play the Leafs?? Not even sometimes. Maybe all the way back to when Bure was dealt.

I need a new Avi.

Old
03-08-2014, 05:16 PM
Erick*

It's amazing that this franchise played so many games without recording a single shutout. I had pointed this out a couple of times this year, how we had no shutouts. Nice to see Lu get the first one in his first game back.

I couldn't watch this game, but it seems like Trocheck had an impressive debut, as well.

Old
03-08-2014, 05:34 PM
PRNuck
Retain Kevin Lowe

vCash: 833
Makes me so happy to see people appreciate Lu

Old
03-08-2014, 05:58 PM
coopdaloop123

Asked Winchester about how much the energy from the fans helped, especially w/ all of the "Luuuu" chants.

“It was a lively game for sure,” said Winchester. “There was a lot of energy on the bench to with the young guys up and hopefully we can feed off that for the rest of the year.”

Hopefully the building stays loud, the guys seem to really feed off of it.

Old
03-08-2014, 06:12 PM
LUUUUUIS
#CatsAreComing

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceManCat View Post

Why cant we bring these jerseys back. I really dislike the long sleeve Reebok design

I don't know what to tell you. Start a petition.

Old
03-08-2014, 07:01 PM
IceManCat
#CatsAreComing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luis Gudbrunson View Post

I don't know what to tell you. Start a petition.
Do you live in the multiverse? There is very little uniform talk on here if any. The beat the dead horse icon is far more useful in the "if it doesn't concern me me I should ignore it" debate. It's older and far more applicable.

Closed Thread