HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#64 - 03/07/14 | New York Rangers @ Carolina Hurricanes | 7:00 - MSG 2

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-07-2014, 11:43 AM
  #76
TheDirtyH
Registered User
 
TheDirtyH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: WA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,261
vCash: 500
Never thought about it, but I wonder if another benefit of having St. Louis will be his impact on Zuccarello. I doubt there is a more comparable player in the league to St. Louis, and I wonder if he could serve as a mentor to our up-and-coming little guy. If he could that could do wonders for this team for years to come. Also, LGR!

TheDirtyH is offline  
Old
03-07-2014, 11:43 AM
  #77
Zucc36
Registered User
 
Zucc36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Country:
Posts: 1,284
vCash: 500
Confirmed. Zucc in lineup. @Agross

Zucc36 is offline  
Old
03-07-2014, 11:45 AM
  #78
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: NYC
Country: Greece
Posts: 7,735
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
Well Kreider was supposed to make room for Nash too and it worked for like a 10 game stretch...
Kreider and Hagelin are very different players. Kreider doesn't open up the ice like Hagelin does. Nor does he have the defensive prowess either. Honestly, there isn't a LW on our roster that is better suited for Nash's game than Hagelin imo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aufheben View Post
Hagelin - Stepan - Nash
Kreider - Richards - St. Louis
Pouliot - Brassard - Zuccarello
Boyle - D. Moore - Carcillo

Pretty sexy...
I'd hit it.

Boom Boom Geoffrion* is offline  
Old
03-07-2014, 11:46 AM
  #79
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: NYC
Country: Greece
Posts: 7,735
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerJack View Post
Confirmed. Zucc in lineup. @Agross
**** yea! Was hoping he'd be good.

Top-9 looks solid. Let's not **** this game up now, boys.

Boom Boom Geoffrion* is offline  
Old
03-07-2014, 11:49 AM
  #80
Callagraves
Block shots
 
Callagraves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 6,373
vCash: 500
Zucc in?!

Yeah, I suppose I'll go.

Callagraves is offline  
Old
03-07-2014, 11:53 AM
  #81
Bardof425*
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 3,028
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KreiMeARiver View Post
Anyone else starting to resent Dorsett and want him far away from this team? Cuz I am/do
i am not; still like what he brings

Bardof425* is offline  
Old
03-07-2014, 11:55 AM
  #82
JanErixon20
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 718
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HatTrick Swayze View Post
I would like to see Kreider and Hagelin switched personally.

Hagelin-Stepan-Nash
Kreider-Richards-MSL

See no reason to break up the other two lines. Have been the most consistent units for their respective roles.


Was yelling at the TV the other night saying, "please switch them!"

JanErixon20 is offline  
Old
03-07-2014, 12:09 PM
  #83
Son of Steinbrenner
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 10,054
vCash: 500
It used to annoy me how much Torts would change the lines. I used to think how can we know if these guys can play welll together if we don't give them a chance. Now, I'm cursing at the tv for AV to change the lines up when the team looks flat.

What's my point? Besides the fact I'm an idiot and it's easy to coach the team from the couch AV NEEDS to try something else with the Stepan line and Richards line. I'm starting to really worry about Stepan. I'm a huge fan of Stepan but something isn't right. He looks off, sometimes he looks really slow. Switching Kredier and Hagelin is the right think to do. Kredier works out with Richards and MSL in the offseason. Perhaps those guys have built in chemistry? I just don't get why AV can't change things up once in a while.

This game tonight is a must win and because of the wacky NHL standings it's a must win in regulation...

Son of Steinbrenner is offline  
Old
03-07-2014, 12:13 PM
  #84
Fitzy
All Is Well
 
Fitzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 20,402
vCash: 500
How would you lads organize the power play units with MSL added? Callahan wasn't a regular with their unit except when Zucc was injured.

Looking forward to seeing MSl and Zucc together, based on what I saw last game in a NYR jersey Zucc actually looks bigger than MSL.

Fitzy is offline  
Old
03-07-2014, 12:27 PM
  #85
PurpleHayes
90 Years of Blue
 
PurpleHayes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Dallas , Texas
Country: Italy
Posts: 8,298
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDirtyH View Post
Never thought about it, but I wonder if another benefit of having St. Louis will be his impact on Zuccarello. I doubt there is a more comparable player in the league to St. Louis, and I wonder if he could serve as a mentor to our up-and-coming little guy. If he could that could do wonders for this team for years to come. Also, LGR!
Actually zucc said he was bigger than MSL..and if I remember the quote he called MSL the little guy

PurpleHayes is offline  
Old
03-07-2014, 12:31 PM
  #86
TheTakedown
Puck is Life
 
TheTakedown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 8,556
vCash: 500
I am hoping that The lines for tonight are:

Hags-Step-Nash
Kreider-Richards-MSL
Pouliot-Brassard-Zucc
Carcillo-Moore-Boyle/Dorsett (not sure if I wanna see dorsett in, but I am interested in a 4th line of Carcillo-Moore-Dorsett)

TheTakedown is offline  
Old
03-07-2014, 12:43 PM
  #87
AHB*
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 5,136
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post
How would you lads organize the power play units with MSL added? Callahan wasn't a regular with their unit except when Zucc was injured.

Looking forward to seeing MSl and Zucc together, based on what I saw last game in a NYR jersey Zucc actually looks bigger than MSL.
I don't know that I mess with the Zucc unit, leave them be. Then move Richards off the second unit (since he plays both) and let MSL man it. That way maybe we can have two super legit units. I'd go like this.

Kreider-Step-Nash
McD/Girardi (Bleh) - MSL

Pouliot - Brass - Zucc
McD/Girardi (Bleh) - Richards

Can MSL run the point, or is he usually on the right flank?

AHB* is offline  
Old
03-07-2014, 12:47 PM
  #88
HockeyBasedNYC
Back-checking Center
 
HockeyBasedNYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Here
Country: United States
Posts: 13,438
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by azaloum90 View Post
I am hoping that The lines for tonight are:

Hags-Step-Nash
Kreider-Richards-MSL
Pouliot-Brassard-Zucc

Carcillo-Moore-Boyle/Dorsett (not sure if I wanna see dorsett in, but I am interested in a 4th line of Carcillo-Moore-Dorsett)
Thats exactly what I want to see.

I think Hagelin and Stepan are getting stale on their current lines. Hags-Step-Nash was one of the best lines last season and i think switching Kreids with Hagelin helps both of them. Step and NAsh could benefit from Hagelins board work, something Kreider's been struggling with lately. He's got the same speed but its in less of a straight line like Chris. I think Step and Nash both like playing with Hags too. Too many shifts ending with rushes for the Nash line, they need to get some zone time and Hagelin helps add to that.

I like putting Kreider with Richards and MSL. Tell Kreider to start getting physical again, thats a big key on that line. Create some space for those two and get to the slot and net. Hell get plenty of chances and rebounds. In a perfect world I'd love to have a right handed C or LW on a line with MSL (in fact since Cally is gone how many right handers do they have up front? 2?) to balance out that line a little. But Kreider has to start throwing his weight around again. He's most effective playing a power game and hes gone away from that. Maybe a change with a chance to play with MSL will wake him up.

The 3rd line has been the most consistent and if Zucc plays you have to put it back together.

I dont think well ever see Carcillo-Moore-Dorsett, unless Boyle gets injured because of his roles in the dot and on the PK, but i dont think its a terrible idea. A speedier line with some real bite on the wings, and could pop one in here and there. Moore has been very good. I dont know why AV sat him the other night. He tends to build as the season goes on and always shows up in the big games. With that said, Boyle needs to step up his game. Hes trying to do too much. Simplify and go to the net. Get the shots off. Hes trying to make moves. He should focus on his skating more because he can surprise defenseman on the outside going to the net.

If Dorsett sits, look at handedness:

L-R-L
L-L-L
L-L-L
L-L-L

Issue? The D is perfectly balanced. I think up front its not AS important but it does make a difference. Would be nice to have a little more balance there going into next season. Thats also a reason why it was important to not trade Stepan, since you lost a top-9 righty with Callahan.


Last edited by HockeyBasedNYC: 03-07-2014 at 12:52 PM.
HockeyBasedNYC is offline  
Old
03-07-2014, 12:50 PM
  #89
PurpleHayes
90 Years of Blue
 
PurpleHayes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Dallas , Texas
Country: Italy
Posts: 8,298
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHB View Post
I don't know that I mess with the Zucc unit, leave them be. Then move Richards off the second unit (since he plays both) and let MSL man it. That way maybe we can have two super legit units. I'd go like this.

Kreider-Step-Nash
McD/Girardi (Bleh) - MSL

Pouliot - Brass - Zucc
McD/Girardi (Bleh) - Richards

Can MSL run the point, or is he usually on the right flank?
MSL can do everything... But if I remember right he ran the point while Richards was inbetween the circles when they played in Tampa

PurpleHayes is offline  
Old
03-07-2014, 12:54 PM
  #90
HockeyBasedNYC
Back-checking Center
 
HockeyBasedNYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Here
Country: United States
Posts: 13,438
vCash: 500
Thats another thing. They need to get the PP back on track tonight. Starting with drawing more powerplays. That means zone time, boardwork and a little more cycling, especially the bottom 2 lines.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline  
Old
03-07-2014, 12:55 PM
  #91
FLNYR
Wide Angle Watcher
 
FLNYR's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 3,320
vCash: 2048
Quote:
Originally Posted by PavelBure9 View Post
Zuccarello appears to be playing tonight, per Larry.

They have had the same lines for the month. Maybe try switching things up a bit?

St Louis - Stepan - Nash
Kreider - Brassard - Zuccarello
Hagelin - Richards - Pouliot
Carcillo - Moore - Boyle

The first two lines are intriguing because they are carbon copies of each other. An average #2 center, two huge beasts, and two smurfs who have been amazing this year. The third line actully played well earlier in the year together so I want to see that.
Is Nash one of the Smurfs? He really needs to step up his game starting tonight. LGR!!

FLNYR is offline  
Old
03-07-2014, 12:56 PM
  #92
PurpleHayes
90 Years of Blue
 
PurpleHayes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Dallas , Texas
Country: Italy
Posts: 8,298
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
Thats another thing. They need to get the PP back on track tonight. Starting with drawing more powerplays. That means zone time, boardwork and a little more cycling, especially the bottom 2 lines.
Agree with you... we really need to shove our system down cars throat and beat them good

PurpleHayes is offline  
Old
03-07-2014, 12:59 PM
  #93
AHB*
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 5,136
vCash: 500
Boyle is thirty times the hockey player Dorsett will ever be.

AHB* is offline  
Old
03-07-2014, 01:05 PM
  #94
Amazing Kreiderman
Night-shift fan!
 
Amazing Kreiderman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Netherlands
Country: Netherlands
Posts: 12,607
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PavelBure9 View Post
Zuccarello appears to be playing tonight, per Larry.

They have had the same lines for the month. Maybe try switching things up a bit?

St Louis - Stepan - Nash
Kreider - Brassard - Zuccarello
Hagelin - Richards - Pouliot
Carcillo - Moore - Boyle

The first two lines are intriguing because they are carbon copies of each other. An average #2 center, two huge beasts, and two smurfs who have been amazing this year. The third line actully played well earlier in the year together so I want to see that.
Whatever happened to the Streiderello line?

Amazing Kreiderman is offline  
Old
03-07-2014, 01:09 PM
  #95
NYR1974
Registered User
 
NYR1974's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Winnenden, BW
Country: Germany
Posts: 21
vCash: 500
Let's Go Rangers!!!

NYR1974 is offline  
Old
03-07-2014, 01:10 PM
  #96
egelband
Registered User
 
egelband's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Yokohama
Country: United States
Posts: 2,424
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfish View Post
Again, I think this is an overreaction. He's played TWO games since returning from injury, and one was over his head on the third line. Let him get his timing back.

Lest we forget this is a guy who broke his leg blocking a shot on the PK, and then stayed on the ice. Yeah, his shift ended because a PP goal was scored, but come on. That's Callahan heart right there
I like dorsett. He has had some tough nights, but basically he's solid. His mistakes are of commission, not omission. I can live with that.

egelband is offline  
Old
03-07-2014, 01:11 PM
  #97
Wolfy*
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: New York
Posts: 4,605
vCash: 500
wow...you put a lot of pressure on Zuccarello, it's almost like a win is secured with him in the lineup.

But I guess his hand isn't healed yet, surprised if he plays 20 mins or more tonight.

Wolfy* is offline  
Old
03-07-2014, 01:12 PM
  #98
PurpleHayes
90 Years of Blue
 
PurpleHayes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Dallas , Texas
Country: Italy
Posts: 8,298
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfy View Post
wow...you put a lot of pressure on Zuccarello, it's almost like a win is secured with him in the lineup.

But I guess his hand isn't healed yet, surprised if he plays 20 mins or more tonight.
It's not that we're putting all the pressure on him..But with him back it takes a little pressure off of everyone

PurpleHayes is offline  
Old
03-07-2014, 01:24 PM
  #99
TheTakedown
Puck is Life
 
TheTakedown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 8,556
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by egelband View Post
I like dorsett. He has had some tough nights, but basically he's solid. His mistakes are of commission, not omission. I can live with that.
see that's the tough part...

If he plays well, he makes Boyle nearly expendable (speaking strictly cap-wise only, I'm not sure about locker room effects)

If he plays horrifically, he makes Boyle look like Crosby...

TheTakedown is offline  
Old
03-07-2014, 01:30 PM
  #100
Crease
Registered User
 
Crease's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 9,954
vCash: 500
Columbus fans were saying how much we were going to love Dorsett. I wonder if he's been playing the same game since the trade?

Crease is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:55 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2016 All Rights Reserved.