HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sens @ Jets, Sat 3 pm (automatic loss)

Closed Thread

Old
03-07-2014, 04:11 PM
Vikingstrand
"Let's win it all"

vCash: 550
That fool, Cowen, probably punched himself too

Old
03-07-2014, 04:14 PM
Mika Zibanejad
Free The Oppressed

vCash: 966
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmniSens View Post
We need more Senz GDT's. His record does not lie!
ya im not ruining my record on afternoon games. sorry.

Old
03-07-2014, 04:14 PM
Icelevel
Relentless

vCash: 500
good for neiler. wake that guy up. neil knows what he is doing.

Old
03-07-2014, 04:21 PM
aragorn
YES WE CAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD19 View Post
Lol funny to see Neil fight a young kid ( big one though ) in practice when he's a ghost on the ice away from home. Absolutely invisible lately and playing way too much (coach's fault) 2nd time this year would be nice to see him show that passion in games
Absolute nonsense, Neil has stepped up plenty of times in games, people complain he gets a penalty then ppl want him to fight in games, make up your minds.
Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblah3 View Post
So Neil is no longer just post game hero, he has now turned into a Practice Hero. What a loser. Guy can't even take a pass. Franzen was right. Total non factor in basically every game.
More nonsense, Neil has a role on this team, not his fault the coach likes him & trusts him & plays him more than you like in games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StefanW View Post
Cowen has to be mean and nasty to play well, and I am completely ok with him mixing it up with Neil. If he can carry the ugly streak into the next game maybe he'll stick in the lineup and help us get a W.
Exactly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD19 View Post
Oh don't worry, I've played some strong hockey in my life.
It happens to get angry in practices, point is why the F isn't he showing that in games? The day I fought in a drill you could be sure the next game I would hit someone pretty hard. Let's see if he's a non factor again in WPG
He does show it in games & a lot of people criticize him for it all the time on here. It takes two & it has to be at the right time in order to benefit the team. He is one of the best at it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyDude View Post
I swear to god! why the hell does Neil keep fighting other players on the team. It happens all the time and its so ******* stupid!
You have never played organized hockey, fights in practise happen. There are also times when the coaches ask players like Neil to get other guys going, to try to mix it up to get some players going, it happens.

Why are people ******** on Neil to begin with? Is it his fault this team isn't scoring more goals? Why isn't anyone ******** on Spezza & Karlsson & Ryan for not being able to score? Is it up to the enforcer on this team to win games for this group? BTW it's not Neil's responsibility to stop pucks from going into our net either.

Old
03-07-2014, 04:22 PM
Rocket Richard
Proud SENS Fan!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost in the Shell View Post
Yeah our wonderful leaders are stepping up again. Neil's shtick is getting old.
So NEIL is tired of us losing, and it's old shtick?? He's the only spark plug on the team, while guys like COWARD can't even skate with the men.

This is exactly what this team needs!

Oh, and GO SENS GO!

Old
03-07-2014, 04:24 PM
Holdurbreathe

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSF View Post
nice to see some emotion too bad more players dont have the fire that Neil has
Maybe the fire was Cowen's, wouldn't put up with Neil's nonsense most likely.

Last edited by Holdurbreathe: 03-07-2014 at 04:58 PM.
Old
03-07-2014, 04:26 PM
Rocket Richard
Proud SENS Fan!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrePetersson View Post
Just a reminder:

Karlsson and Phillips are the only two defensemen on the roster to not have been healthy scratched once this entire season.
Hey, I though the SENS traded you???????????????

Old
03-07-2014, 04:27 PM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Let's Win It All

Lmao.

Yo guys.

You wanna know why we don't win games?

Greening-Smith-Neil
Condra-Zibanejad-Kassian

That's why.

2 literally enigmatic offensive lines. You don't even need to worry about them scoring.

Hahahahahahahahahahhahahaahahahahahahahahhaha

hahHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Yet we have DaCosta and Stone in the minors.

Old
03-07-2014, 04:32 PM
Mika Zibanejad
Free The Oppressed

vCash: 966
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReginKarlssonLehner View Post
Lmao.

Yo guys.

Greening-Smith-Neil
Condra-Zibanejad-Kassian

That's why.

2 literally enigmatic offensive lines. You don't even need to worry about them scoring.

horrible bottom 6 - Zbad, are you not a zbad fan also?

EDIT

BTW i think hemsky is ******** bricks in the corner watching cowen and neil fight

Old
03-07-2014, 04:37 PM
aragorn
YES WE CAN

Quote:
Lmao.

Yo guys.

Greening-Smith-Neil
Condra-Zibanejad-Kassian

That's why.

More nonsense ... what about the guys who are paid to score & are not scoring or the goalies not stopping the puck or stealing some games. Are those guys you mentioned paid to score goals? NO. Could we do better in the bottom six? Maybe but it's hard to replace 6 players. Kassian has hardly played this yr, how can it be his fault? Are you not a Zibby fan? What's your problem with him?

I have been advocating all yr that Stone should be in this lineup but injuries have kept him out. I've wanted Condra out but a lot of people on here support him. SDC has had his chances but the coaching staff has come to the conclusion that Zibajead is a better 3rd line centre than SDC. You may not agree but that's the decision. Maybe this group of players are just not good enough this yr, maybe next yr they will be, who knows.

Old
03-07-2014, 04:41 PM
HSF

ya stone would probably still be here if he didnt get injured. It is a shame

Old
03-07-2014, 04:43 PM
OttawaSenators11
#25 FTW

vCash: 50
Good to see Kassian playing - This team could use a little luck.

Old
03-07-2014, 04:45 PM
OttawaSenators11
#25 FTW

Maybe the fight with Neil will wake Cowen up? He's at his best when he plays mean and not like a pus.

Old
03-07-2014, 04:47 PM
Variable26
Global Matador

I am headin to Real Sports in Toronto to watch the game... Taking my son and his friend... First afternoon game win?

Old
03-07-2014, 04:51 PM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Let's Win It All

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senz View Post
horrible bottom 6 - Zbad, are you not a zbad fan also?
EDIT

BTW i think hemsky is ******** bricks in the corner watching cowen and neil fight
Huge Zibanejad fan. But let's use him with KASSIANNNNNN!!!!!!!! :CLAP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by aragorn View Post
More nonsense ... what about the guys who are paid to score & are not scoring or the goalies not stopping the puck or stealing some games. Are those guys you mentioned paid to score goals? NO. Could we do better in the bottom six? Maybe but it's hard to replace 6 players. Kassian has hardly played this yr, how can it be his fault? Are you not a Zibby fan? What's your problem with him?

I have been advocating all yr that Stone should be in this lineup but injuries have kept him out. I've wanted Condra out but a lot of people on here support him. SDC has had his chances but the coaching staff has come to the conclusion that Zibajead is a better 3rd line centre than SDC. You may not agree but that's the decision. Maybe this group of players are just not good enough this yr, maybe next yr they will be, who knows.
Every team in the league needs an excellent bottom 6.

Boston won a series off the backs of their bottom 6 alone against NYR last year.

In the past two years, many of our success in games came due to excellent bottom 6 support.

I'm not questioning the players, I'm questioning the order... and some players.

Smith= good 4th C
Neil = ok 4th winger
Greening = sucks, sucks even more with the above.

Kassian = brutal
Zibanejad = good 3rd C
Condra = ok 3rd LW/4th W

Should be:

I unno-Zibanejad-Stone
Condra-Smith-Neil

BUT YER KNOW WHAT? Greening-Smith-Neil will play more than 90% of our forward group LOL. Then people wonder why we not scoring when Neil has more ice-time than Ryan.

Old
03-07-2014, 04:52 PM
OttawaSenators11
#25 FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Variable26 View Post
I am headin to Real Sports in Toronto to watch the game... Taking my son and his friend... First afternoon game win?
We can only hope.

Any video of the Neil and Cowen fight anybody?

Old
03-07-2014, 04:52 PM
ILLESToO
Forever red & black

Quote:
Originally Posted by aragorn View Post
Absolute nonsense, Neil has stepped up plenty of times in games, people complain he gets a penalty then ppl want him to fight in games, make up your minds.

More nonsense, Neil has a role on this team, not his fault the coach likes him & trusts him & plays him more than you like in games.

Exactly.

He does show it in games & a lot of people criticize him for it all the time on here. It takes two & it has to be at the right time in order to benefit the team. He is one of the best at it.

You have never played organized hockey, fights in practise happen. There are also times when the coaches ask players like Neil to get other guys going, to try to mix it up to get some players going, it happens.

Why are people ******** on Neil to begin with? Is it his fault this team isn't scoring more goals? Why isn't anyone ******** on Spezza & Karlsson & Ryan for not being able to score? Is it up to the enforcer on this team to win games for this group? BTW it's not Neil's responsibility to stop pucks from going into our net either.

Easy to say nonsense. Yet you don't read my point, Im not talking about fighting, Neil is not there only to fight. I'm talking about showing passion and caring, hitting and disturbing. I've seen him in 3 maybe 4 games this year, yet he goes in practice and fights with Cowen. I'll show respect when he goes out there and hit someone, do something, not try to dangle lol... And for the penalty, when it's a ****ing lazy and coward penalty yes I'll trash him. Why do you think Franzen called him out? Also I pointed it's not his fault if he plays too much, but stick to your game and make a difference instead of looking lifelessf

Old
03-07-2014, 04:54 PM
Holdurbreathe

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSF View Post
the reason Neil and Phillips play so much is cause the young guys have been terrible. If Greening and Cowen/Weir played anywhere close to their potential then Neil and Phillips would be on the bottom line/pairing consistantly.

Remember going into the season our d lineup was

Methot- Karlsson
Cowen - Weir
Phillips - Boro

so it was clear what the plan was. Neil and Phillips are old now they shouldnt be relied on to lead the team in hits/blocked shots/fights and whatever others are hoping for. Guys like Smith, Greening, Condra,Cowen, Weir need to find a way to elevate their game

people want to see the mantle passed to the youth....but who exactly has proven this year that they are ready to carry this team? Cowen? no Karlsson? not really Zibby? no Weir? no...the only one who is decent is Turris
Actually Phillips hasn't been good this year and neither has Neil or Spezza. Fact is these guys are there to lead the team and be relied on as veterans.

The expectation on these three are higher than ever given the youth on the team and their official leadership status.

These guys should be the measure of consistency, work ethic and professionalism, so far they haven't met all the criteria.

Pointing at inexperienced young players failures/mistakes to somehow make the veterans seem better really isn't making your case at all. To the contrary actually.

As a matter of fact, when one the three amigos has been missing from the line up, the team seems to play better, putting together small winning streaks until their return.

Old
03-07-2014, 04:56 PM
HSF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holdurbreathe View Post
Actually Phillips hasn't been good this year and neither has Neil or Spezza. Fact is these guys are there to lead the team and be relied on as veterans.

The expectation on these three are higher than ever given the youth on the team and their official leadership status.

These guys should be the measure of consistency, work ethic and professionalism, so far they haven't met all the criteria.

Pointing at inexperienced young players failures/mistakes to somehow make the veterans seem better really isn't making your case at all. To the contrary actually.

As a matter of fact, when one the three amigos has been missing from the line up, the team seems to play better, putting together small winning streaks until their return.
spezza has been one of our best forwards since coming back scoring in key situations and has actually looked like the spezza of old.

Phillips and Neil are not here to play key roles. The youth are supposed to be surpassing them which was what was expected coming into this season. That is my point. Small sample sizes dont mean anything. Remember when people were saying how Kassian was helping us win games. Yet now i see those same ppl wondering what he is doing in the lineup.

Do you think Ottawa came into this season expecting Phillips to be a top 4 defensemen? clearly they didn't judging but the lineup wer started with at the start of the season but he has been forced there cause the other D are terrible. Same reason why Ceci is here cause he has to be

Old
03-07-2014, 04:57 PM
Whippet

Quote:

Should be:

I unno-Zibanejad-Stone
Condra-Smith-Neil

BUT YER KNOW WHAT? Greening-Smith-Neil will play more than 90% of our forward group LOL. Then people wonder why we not scoring when Neil has more ice-time than Ryan.
Conacher

Old
03-07-2014, 04:57 PM
blahblah3

You know how much emotion Neil has? Last game he hit........NO ONE!

Guy is a total waste of a forward.

Old
03-07-2014, 04:58 PM
OttawaSenators11
#25 FTW

I wonder what people expect from Neil these days? he's not paid to rack up points, lol

Blame coach for playing him too much.

The way i look at it if you wanna pick on leadership, he's probably the last guy to pick on considering his role with the team.

Neil leads with heart in which he's shown throughout the year.

Old
03-07-2014, 05:00 PM
blahblah3

Quote:
Originally Posted by OttawaSenators11 View Post
I wonder what people expect from Neil these days? he's not paid to rack up points, lol

Blame coach for playing him too much.

The way i look at it if you wanna pick on leadership, he's probably the last guy to pick on considering his role with the team.

Neil leads with heart in which he's shown throughout the year.
Bull ****. That would be true if you haven't been watching this year. He just skates around aimlessly like an idiot.

Old
03-07-2014, 05:04 PM
OttawaSenators11
#25 FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblah3 View Post
Bull ****. That would be true if you haven't been watching this year. He just skates around aimlessly like an idiot.
Clearly you don't pay attention
He's been pretty effective with his role when he's not overused.

Old
03-07-2014, 05:07 PM
blahblah3

Quote:
Originally Posted by OttawaSenators11 View Post
Clearly you don't pay attention
He's been pretty effective with his role when he's not overused.
Not true at all. There are many games this year where his hit count is 0. Fights, 0. Penalties 1+. Complete waste.

Closed Thread