Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

New to Hockey

03-19-2014, 02:06 AM
vCash: 500
New to Hockey

My 9 year old son just finished his first year of hockey. He got in late, so was only able to play and learn for the end of Decenber until last week. He's mad,t in love with the game.

Now I'm wondering what should I do to keep improving his skill? When he started in hockey it was only his second time ever skating on ice. They have these lessons for skating which I am going to get him into, but from the standpoint of his him learning the skills? I played hockey most of my life, but I work,out of town, so I can't help him very much. My wife and I have signed him up for a camp they're having here this summer and I'm planning to take him to a camp in Minnesota, but until then what can I do to help him?

McDooRoo is offline   Reply With Quote
03-19-2014, 09:51 AM
vCash: 500
I would say you are doing what you can. The skating lessons and the camp will help a bunch. I would say get him a net to shoot at, balls or pucks to shoot with and a green biscuit to practise stick handling. I am getting back into playing as an adult and what I do is spend 10 minutes each day doing stick handling and then score 10 shots in each target in our shooter tutor. Also when you can spend time doing this stuff with your son as well as watching some games. My son lover to do the shooting with me, even though he is a goalie.

Twrekx is offline   Reply With Quote