HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2005-2006 Kings Roster (as of today)

Closed Thread

Old
08-07-2005, 07:06 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

vCash: 500
2005-2006 Kings Roster (as of today)

I will keep this thread updated as changes are made to the roster.

As of today, the current 23-man Kings roster appears to be...

Quote:
M. Norstrom D $2,660,000
A. Miller D $2,660,000
L. Visnovsky D $1,520,000
N. Dempsey D $874,000
J. Corvo D $668,800
T. Gleason D $646,000
M. Weaver D $450,000
J. Roenick C $4,940,000
C. Conroy C $2,394,000
D. Armstrong C $760,000
E. Belanger C $758,100
P. Demitra W / C $4,500,000
A. Frolov W UNSIGNED
V. Bure W TO BE DETERMINED
L. Robitaille W $1,300,000
D. Brown W $942,000
T. Klatt W $912,000
M. Cammalleri W / C $860,000
S. Avery W / C $532,000
J. Cowan W $532,000
T. Kostopoulos W $525,000
R. Flinn W $450,000
M. Garon G $1,216,000
J. LaBarbera G $750,000
Projected Team Payroll : $30,849,900

Frolov was earning $1,075,000.00 during his last contract ($817,000 after 24% rollback).

It is safe to assume that he will not be accepting the qualifying offers (which will be expiring on 8/15).

The Kings also have to re-sign Yanick Lehoux, Noah Clarke and George Parros, as their entry-level contracts has expired. All three forwards are more than likely going to start the 05-06 season in Manchester.

Kevin Gilmore has also indicated plans of signing David Steckel to a contract, even though he is a free agent and the Kings received a compensatory 2nd round pick (60th overall) for not signing Steckel before the 2005 Entry Draft.

Denis Grebeshkov's NHL contract will have him earning $912,000.00. The contracts of Adam Hauser and Marty Wilford is undisclosed. Wilford will probably be earning the league minimum in the NHL and more than likely won't find himself on the Kings roster (barring injuries and a call-up). Hauser was offered less than $75,000 for his AHL deal in order for the Kings to avoid having Hauser clear waivers. Yutaka Fukufuji is also under contract on a 2-year deal, giving the Kings six signed goaltenders who will be at training camp (Garon, LaBarbera, Hauser, Fukufuji, Brust and Munce).

Dave Taylor has expressed interest in adding another forward to the lineup as well as a #3-4 defensive minded defenseman.

Last edited by Ziggy Stardust: 08-12-2005 at 02:50 AM.
Old
08-07-2005, 07:27 PM
King Blazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust
Frolov and Cammalleri were both making $1,075,000.00 ($817,000 after 24% rollback).

It is safe to assume that both players will not be accepting their qualifying offers (which will be expiring on 8/15).
Yes, neither will accept their QOs

Quote:
The Kings also have to re-sign Yanick Lehoux, whose entry-level contract has expired.
He will probably not sign his QO...

Quote:
Kevin Gilmore has also indicated plans of signing David Steckel to a contract, even though he is a free agent and the Kings received a compensatory 2nd round pick (60th overall) for not signing Steckel before the 2005 Entry Draft.
We don't know if Steckel will be on an AHL or NHL contract. At this point I'd guess AHL contract for this season...

Quote:
Denis Grebeshkov's NHL contract will have him earning $912,000.00. I'm not sure what his AHL compensation is, but any player with an AHL contract over $75,000.00 will have to clear waivers.
Grebeshkov's contract was done under the expired CBA and it is possible that while in the AHL he is making in excess of the $75,000. The expired CBA had exceptions to the waivers rule including "emergency conditions". I'd guess that an "emergency conditions" clause was included in the new CBA and players making in excess of the $75,000 in the AHL will be able to move up and down and not be subject to waivers. They won't be able to move as freely as the guys making below $75-k, but there will be non-waiver movement of these players...

Old
08-11-2005, 02:28 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Information updated on 8/11.

Old
08-11-2005, 02:37 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
So assuming Frolov stays in Russia, here's my attempt at our lines.

Cammalleri-Demitra-Roenick
Luc-Conroy-Brown
TK-Armstrong-Klatt
Cowan-Belanger-Avery

What do you think?

Old
08-11-2005, 02:48 PM
guzmania

Roenick promised Luc goals at the presser.

Demitra and Conroy played in St louie,

so:

Robitaille-Roenick-Cammalleri
Brown-Conroy-Demitra
TK-Armstrong-Klatt
Cowan-Belanger-Avery

Brown and Pavol can swap as necessary, but I gather Brown played lefty at Manch.

Old
08-11-2005, 02:50 PM
Captain Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45
So assuming Frolov stays in Russia, here's my attempt at our lines.

Cammalleri-Demitra-Roenick
Luc-Conroy-Brown
TK-Armstrong-Klatt
Cowan-Belanger-Avery

What do you think?
We should be able to beat the Ducks and maybe the Avalanche with that lineup.

Old
08-11-2005, 02:53 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

They'll get Frolov signed somehow. I can't see the Kings letting him spend another season in the RSL and losing a year out of Frolov. They will reach a deal eventually.

If I were calling the shots I'd try something a bit different and try Dustin Brown on the top line LW position with Roenick and Demitra. Dustin can learn a lot playing with those two veterans. Those three together could be similar to the chemistry displayed by the line of Deadmarsh(Brown)-Allison(Roenick)-Palffy(Demitra).

This could enable the Kings to spread their scoring out to the 2nd line with Frolov, Conroy and Cammalleri. Conroy's hard work, persistence and leadership will rub off on Frolov and Cammalleri and I think all three can bring an element that would help each other out. Conroy has a lot of speed and is a great passer. Cammalleri is a shifty skater, great stickhandler and can pass and fire the puck. Frolov can act as the sniper, as he loves hanging around the net-crease-slot area and will take abuse to score a goal.

The Kings could then roll a third scoring unit with Robitaille, Armstrong and Klatt. Those three formed the most consistent line for the Kings and they worked great together.

The checking line will be rounded out by Avery, Belanger and Cowan. Kostopoulos or Flinn will probably find themselves in and out of games every other night. The great part about the Kings' checking line is that those three skaters can actually contribute on the score sheet. It isn't your typical fourth line where they will be sent out to see limited ice time and throw a few hits and skate back to the bench. They can actually play well with or without the puck.

The Kings appear to be set at the forward position, as long as they get Frolov signed. Taylor has mentioned the addition of another forward (who will likely be a scoring winger after the loss of Palffy). We don't know if the acquisition will be via signing or trade, but the Kings will probably have to make some room if they were to add another forward.

Old
08-11-2005, 02:54 PM
Matt13

I like your thinking Ziggystardust

Old
08-11-2005, 03:11 PM
Reaper45

Quote:
Originally Posted by guzmaniac
Roenick promised Luc goals at the presser.

Demitra and Conroy played in St louie,

so:

Robitaille-Roenick-Cammalleri
Brown-Conroy-Demitra
TK-Armstrong-Klatt
Cowan-Belanger-Avery

Brown and Pavol can swap as necessary, but I gather Brown played lefty at Manch.
I don't think that Luc is fast enough to keep up with Roenick and Cammy.

Old
08-11-2005, 03:16 PM
guzmania

Luc'll just be hangin' at the blueline, crusin', no worries, an' the other guys'll jes' have ta' ketchup. Mr. Wrister with Twister and Blister. Schwing!

Old
08-11-2005, 03:20 PM
jfont

Awards:
my lines with frolov

Robitaille-Roenick-Brown
Frolov-Conroy-Demitra
Cammy-Armstrong-Klatt
Cowan-Belanger-Avery

08-11-2005, 03:33 PM
jt

A few notes on the salary list:

1) Except for LaBarbera the list is 05-06 salaries and not 05-06 CAP figures.
2) LaBarbera's 05-06 salary is $700k.
3) Brown's 05-06 salary is $942,400 (yeah I know it's only $400)
4) Cammy's 05-06 salary should be $817k if he just accepted his QO.
5) I've heard mixed things about Luc's 05-06 salary. I read a quote from him that he was getting about $850k plus "about $200-$300k in bonuses". NHLPA.com shows him at $1 mil. I don't know what the right number is.

Everyone's cap figure is the same as their 05-06 salary except:
1) Miller = $2,470,000
2) Visnovsky = $1,824,000
3) Dempsey = $912k
4) LaBarbera = $750k
5) I don't know how long Gleason, Weaver and Kostopoulos are signed for so I don't know their cap figures.

Old
08-11-2005, 03:34 PM
jt

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfont
Robitaille-Roenick-Brown
Frolov-Conroy-Demitra
Cammy-Armstrong-Klatt
Cowan-Belanger-Avery
Bingo! But I bet TK plays in place of Cammy.

Old
08-11-2005, 03:44 PM
Reaper45

Quote:
Originally Posted by jt
Same here.

Old
08-11-2005, 04:25 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by jt
A few notes on the salary list:

1) Except for LaBarbera the list is 05-06 salaries and not 05-06 CAP figures.
2) LaBarbera's 05-06 salary is $700k.
3) Brown's 05-06 salary is $942,400 (yeah I know it's only $400)
4) Cammy's 05-06 salary should be $817k if he just accepted his QO.
5) I've heard mixed things about Luc's 05-06 salary. I read a quote from him that he was getting about $850k plus "about $200-$300k in bonuses". NHLPA.com shows him at $1 mil. I don't know what the right number is.

Everyone's cap figure is the same as their 05-06 salary except:
1) Miller = $2,470,000
2) Visnovsky = $1,824,000
3) Dempsey = $912k
4) LaBarbera = $750k
5) I don't know how long Gleason, Weaver and Kostopoulos are signed for so I don't know their cap figures.
According to the CBA, all bonuses will count towards the cap, which sets Luc at $1.3M. His base salary is $1M and he can reach bonuses that will earn him $300K.

The avg. salary will count towards the cap, which is why I listed LaBarbera at $750K (which is the avg. of his contract). The player salaries are listed on NHLPA.com and TSN.ca.

http://nhlpa.com/WebStats/PlayerSear...p?OIDTeam=8377

http://tsn.ca/nhl/feature.asp?fid=7006

Past player salaries can be found at http://asp.usatoday.com/sports/hocke...s/default.aspx

The numbers I gathered were from those sources as well as local reports. Some figures may range a bit but that is just about a rough estimate of salaries counting towards the cap.

Old
08-11-2005, 04:40 PM
Albi

Send a message via MSN to Albi
Quote:
Originally Posted by jt
I hope you're gonna loose your bet then...
If AM plays TK instead of Cammy is a jerk, plain and simple.
Not that I have anything against TK, but Cammy deserves a chance, a chance as a top6 I mean.

Old
08-11-2005, 04:44 PM
nikolai19

The more and more I hear, Frolov will be back.
Also, Tom Kostopolous and Cammalleri will make that lineup.
Cowan will be the 13th forward.

Old
08-11-2005, 04:45 PM
jt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albi
I hope you're gonna loose your bet then...
If AM plays TK instead of Cammy is a jerk, plain and simple.
Not that I have anything against TK, but Cammy deserves a chance, a chance as a top6 I mean.
I agree he deserves a chance.

I do not agree he deserves a roster spot.

Old
08-11-2005, 04:55 PM
Albi

Send a message via MSN to Albi
Quote:
Originally Posted by jt
I agree he deserves a chance.

I do not agree he deserves a roster spot.
I agree jt

Old
08-11-2005, 06:11 PM
Johnny Utah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albi
I agree jt
Why does Brown deserve a roster spot then? Why did Tripp, Sim and Pirnes deserve a spot last year. The only way you are gonna know if Cammy can be an NHL player is to let play in the NHL which the Kings should do. He has proved in his brief appearences in the show he can score, maybe not consistently but still more than Tripp, Carter, Straka and Sim all combined.

If he shows up to camp looking good after the year he just had in he AHL have to give him a look or they are dumber than I think...

Old
08-11-2005, 06:26 PM
jt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah
Why does Brown deserve a roster spot then? Why did Tripp, Sim and Pirnes deserve a spot last year. The only way you are gonna know if Cammy can be an NHL player is to let play in the NHL which the Kings should do. He has proved in his brief appearences in the show he can score, maybe not consistently but still more than Tripp, Carter, Straka and Sim all combined.

If he shows up to camp looking good after the year he just had in he AHL have to give him a look or they are dumber than I think...
If you really want to have this discussion for the 4,000th time...

Brown deserves a roster spot because he EARNED it with his play on the Kings last season. Cammy GOT a roster spot and then played his way OUT of it. You want to give a player a roster spot he didn't EARN? I'm glad you're not the Kings' coach.

The NHL isn't a fantasy league and there is more to being a hockey player than stats.

Old
08-11-2005, 06:29 PM
Reaper45

Quote:

Cammy has yet to prove that he can score more then Straka, Carter, or even Sim.

Just because those guys didn't score with us last year doesn't mean that they can't. Straka and Carter were both hurt in their time here. Why Tripp was played, other than the fact that he was a big body, is beyond me.

I agree that both Brown and Cammalleri deserve chances, but they aren't guaranteed spots. For all we know, Petr Kanko and Brad Smyth could be them out for top line minutes during camp.

Old
08-11-2005, 06:43 PM
Johnny Utah

Quote:
Originally Posted by jt
If you really want to have this discussion for the 4,000th time...

Brown deserves a roster spot because he EARNED it with his play on the Kings last season. Cammy GOT a roster spot and then played his way OUT of it. You want to give a player a roster spot he didn't EARN? I'm glad you're not the Kings' coach.

The NHL isn't a fantasy league and there is more to being a hockey player than stats.

How did Brown earn it when he played only 30 games and had 1 goal, sure he played physical but he didn't put up any numbers? Cammy had 9 goals and 15 points in 30 games, those are good stats, better than Tripp, Carter, Straka, Sim, or any other scrub Murray played last year.

In my opinion they should both be on next years roster, but I'm sure Andy Murray will find a way to give vets and minor leaguers like Armstrong, Klatt, and Kostopolous there ice time and screw it all up...

If anything Cammy should have gotten the benefit of the doubt considering how well he played in the 2003 training camp before his injury. Brown should have gone back to juniors that year, not playing part time with the Kings on the 4th line. They mishandled both.

Old
08-11-2005, 08:21 PM
jt

Quote:
How did Brown earn it when he played only 30 games and had 1 goal, sure he played physical but he didn't put up any numbers? Cammy had 9 goals and 15 points in 30 games, those are good stats, better than Tripp, Carter, Straka, Sim, or any other scrub Murray played last year.

In my opinion they should both be on next years roster, but I'm sure Andy Murray will find a way to give vets and minor leaguers like Armstrong, Klatt, and Kostopolous there ice time and screw it all up...

If anything Cammy should have gotten the benefit of the doubt considering how well he played in the 2003 training camp before his injury. Brown should have gone back to juniors that year, not playing part time with the Kings on the 4th line. They mishandled both.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jt
Furthermore, Cammy DID get a chance and played his way off the team by going 11 games with hardly a point AND by not playing the style or system AM told him to.

But hey, if you think the coach should adjust the entire team's game and base it on Mike Cammalleri's style then by all means send your resume to the Kings.

Old
08-11-2005, 08:28 PM
guzmania

What ex-King was among the first Free agents signed when this silly season opened? I'll give you a hint JON SIM.

OK who'd he sign with? The Flyers (recognized as a leader in this year's free agent signings.)

Was he hired to be a Rodeo Clown? No, he was hired as a Professional Hockey Player.

Are you paying attention?

Closed Thread