HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sat., Mar. 8, 2014| Flyers 3 at Maple Leafs 4 (OT)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-09-2014, 09:01 PM
  #201
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment
 
GKJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 126,911
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfreak7 View Post
What exactly is your point in this jumbled mess? Like I said, I am not denying MacDonald was a weak player in New York. I'm simply saying that using two games as confirmation that he's a bad player is a wickedly dumb argument that you're making. Yes, YOU are making that argument. Not them. They're just posting the stats, and you're the one making conclusions.

And regardless, even if their twitter manager believes your conclusion, I can't help it if he is also ignoring a critical statistic. One more time, that doesn't make your conclusion any less inaccurate.
My conclusion is not inaccurate. He got lit up by a bad possession team, a select group of players did. In one game, yes. It wasn't a conclusion after one game, it was about one game. It only took one game against a Caps team who didn't show up for many people around here to decide he became a great player overnight, and then don't want to hear about the Leafs game claiming "it's not what it looks like." I'm not disputing the other guys he was with weren't already bad possession players, but MacDonald is the hot topic around here right now. Talking about Lecavalier and Luke Schenn being bad possession players is like how talking about how dark it is at night.

__________________
Philadelphia's Real Alternative
(ynotradio.net)

My 50 Favorite Albums of 2015

"I wonder if Norstrom has Forsberg's spleen mounted on his wall." - KINGS17
GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2014, 09:07 PM
  #202
Random Forest
aka hockeyfreak7
 
Random Forest's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 13,339
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GKJ View Post
My conclusion is not inaccurate. He got lit up by a bad possession team, a select group of players did. In one game, yes. It wasn't a conclusion after one game, it was about one game. It only took one game against a Caps team who didn't show up for many people around here to decide he became a great player overnight, and then don't want to hear about the Leafs game claiming "it's not what it looks like." I'm not disputing the other guys he was with weren't already bad possession players, but MacDonald is the hot topic around here right now. Talking about Lecavalier and Luke Schenn being bad possession players is like how talking about how dark it is at night.
So how do you expect him to be a positive possession player when he's stuck in a black hole of negative possession?

If you expected his stats to read anything differently when he plays a majority of the game with those players, than the problem is not with MacDonald; it's with you.

You know, if Chris Pronger played an entire game with the Rinaldo line...oh, I already used that? Guess there's not much more to say if you still don't get it. Seriously, do some critical analysis, and maybe it will make some sense to you.

He played less than three minutes with Giroux. He played over 11 minutes with BSchenn (who had possibly his worst game of the season). He did just fine considering.

Random Forest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2014, 09:17 PM
  #203
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment
 
GKJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 126,911
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfreak7 View Post
So how do you expect him to be a positive possession player when he's stuck in a black hole of negative possession?

If you expected his stats to read anything differently when he plays a majority of the game with those players, than the problem is not with MacDonald; it's with you.

You know, if Chris Pronger played an entire game with the Rinaldo line...oh, I already used that? Guess there's not much more to say if you still don't get it. Seriously, do some critical analysis, and maybe it will make some sense to you.

He played less than three minutes with Giroux. He played over 11 minutes with BSchenn (who had possibly his worst game of the season). He did just fine considering.
I didn't expect differently. A lot of people just didn't think it was happening.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2014, 09:23 PM
  #204
Random Forest
aka hockeyfreak7
 
Random Forest's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 13,339
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GKJ View Post
I didn't expect differently.
Clearly. That's why you ignored critical context to confirm your bias.

Quote:
A lot of people just didn't think it was happening.
Uh, no. A lot of people just thought he had a good game...because...ya know...he did. Maybe that's your problem. You can't separate possession stats from having a good or bad game. You realize it's possible to have bad corsi and still have a good game, right? And vice versa.

Hartnell has out-corsi'd Couturier many times. Doesn't mean anything without context, though.

Random Forest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2014, 01:18 AM
  #205
flyersfan187
Registered User
 
flyersfan187's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Morrisdale, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,972
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to flyersfan187 Send a message via Skype™ to flyersfan187
I still would have liked to see that Schenn for Kesler trade happen. Seeing Schenn and Vinny on a line together just doesn't look good at all. I really have no clue who has the worse hockey sense between the two of them, its like hey lets try to pass it back and forth all the time between three defenders. Vinny might have a good shot on the pp and they both bring some grit, but I can't stand them on a line together.

The question is do you break up that line and risk the other lines not doing as well or do you give them more games together and hope they grow some chemistry? I'd say leave it the same because there is no way I'd break up the other two lines for Vinny or Schenn. Those two are just not defensively responsible to play against the other teams top competition. Kesler would have been a great pick up. blah

flyersfan187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2014, 01:32 AM
  #206
LegionOfDoom91
Registered User
 
LegionOfDoom91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 29,777
vCash: 500
Kesler would have cost us Morin/Laughton & a 1st round pick on top of Schenn & we still wouldn't be competing for a cup this year or the next few years with him.

LegionOfDoom91 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2014, 01:33 AM
  #207
flyersfan187
Registered User
 
flyersfan187's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Morrisdale, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,972
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to flyersfan187 Send a message via Skype™ to flyersfan187
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
Kesler would have cost us Morin/Laughton & a 1st round pick on top of Schenn & we still wouldn't be competing for a cup this year or the next few years with him.
Well that is just unreasonable

flyersfan187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2014, 12:43 PM
  #208
BrotherlyLove
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: South Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 234
vCash: 500
Damn it, now I wish it was Stephanopoulos.

BrotherlyLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2014, 09:38 PM
  #209
Legion of Gloom
The Holy Ghost
 
Legion of Gloom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Lake Titicaca
Country: Germany
Posts: 1,847
vCash: 115002
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrotherlyLove View Post
Damn it, now I wish it was Stephanopoulos.
You better take something for that, it could be contagious.

Legion of Gloom is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:18 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2016 All Rights Reserved.