HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

I miss our home jerseys

View Poll Results: 3 stars pls
Carl Hagelin 1 0.69%
Brad Richards 1 0.69%
Martin St. Louis 2 1.38%
Chris Kreider 124 85.52%
Derek Stepan 36 24.83%
Rick Nash 2 1.38%
Benoit Pouliot aka Captain Taco 2 1.38%
Derick Brassgod 2 1.38%
Mats Zuccarello 8 5.52%
Daniel Carcillo 4 2.76%
Dom Moore 3 2.07%
Brian Boyle 6 4.14%
G 4 2.76%
Ryan McDonagh 97 66.90%
Marc Staal 2 1.38%
Anton Stralman 1 0.69%
John Moore 17 11.72%
Kevin Klein 2 1.38%
Mr. 300 Henrik Lundqvist 129 88.97%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 145. You may not vote on this poll

Old
03-09-2014, 06:42 PM
Hunter Gathers
GREGGT KEEPS NY SAFE

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Hunter Gathers
Quote:
Originally Posted by someone stole hank View Post
You keep complaining about them being soft while they go score three goals
Softest goals of all time.

Hunter Gathers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2014, 06:43 PM
Vidic15*

Another RedWing fan posted about our system and breakouts. How refreshing to read that for a change. If we found our consistency, this team could do damage. I'm hoping our veteran leadership (MSL, Richards) comes through in the playoffs. Those two guys know what it takes to win.

Vidic15* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2014, 06:46 PM
Levitate

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
I remember how in past seasons people would say that Pietroangelo (sp?) is way better than McDonagh because of how he controls the pace of the game. Now, I feel like McDonagh completely controls the pace of the game and one of the biggest reasons we're such a good puck possession team. It looks the rink is his playground.
If McDonagh had a shot like PK Subban he'd be a Norris favorite every single year of his career. That is the one part of his game that I feel is only average or a bit above average, and if he had an elite shot he would just be amazing.

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2014, 06:48 PM
Pizza

Probably already been mentioned but I thought the commentary about the relationship between Torts and Kreider was interesting and left little to the imagination. Clearly they were saying that Kreider felt very positive about Torts being let go by the org.

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2014, 06:50 PM
silverfish
the basement

Saw the first period. Missed the entire second. Caught the third on the radio (was travelling today).

From what I saw, and heard, not so bad.

Gotta keep winning. Kreider is still real young, and technically a rookie, he's going to be a streaky player this season. Hopefully he's trending upward for a bit here, we could use that scoring touch. Though... that third goal, where the hell was Howard?

silverfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2014, 06:53 PM
Raspewtin
Fire Clowneault

vCash: 50
Quote:
I bet AV patterns himself after the Wings somewhat. Puck possession is the style I've wanted for a long time. Torts was pissing me off with his style, though the regular season wins in 11-12 were great, I don't think a team like that can win the cup.
I agree. Puck possession, quick movement, and fluid transitions are the way to win in the new NHL. Stone age hockey hasn't been the way to win in 30 years probably and never will be.

"It's going to be a zoo no matter what, Staalmania, Staals everywhre, omg Staal on Staal action, three brothers hockeying! Staal returning to Carolina omg what news! All the feels he is feel..." - Ail on Eric Staal's return to Carolina.
Raspewtin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2014, 06:56 PM
shoves
Free orangejuice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by someone stole hank View Post
You keep complaining about them being soft while they go score three goals
Nice goals, nice shutout and all, absolutely. Very impressed with their offensive zone puck coverage. But it still stings to see how little we retaliate and stand up for eachother.

Dont ever get too satisfied guys, keep trying to find things to be better at

shoves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2014, 06:59 PM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
If McDonagh had a shot like PK Subban he'd be a Norris favorite every single year of his career. That is the one part of his game that I feel is only average or a bit above average, and if he had an elite shot he would just be amazing.
You think that's something he can improve on?

SnowblindNYR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2014, 07:01 PM
aufheben
Global Moderator
#RIPClendening

vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoves View Post
Nice goals, nice shutout and all, absolutely. Very impressed with their offensive zone puck coverage. But it still stings to see how little we retaliate and stand up for eachother.

Dont ever get too satisfied guys, keep trying to find things to be better at
Getting us to retaliate was probably exactly what Babcock wanted. Why get involved in stuff like that when we're winning?

Quote:
He can learn to take smarter shots (He already does take very wise shots). You don't need to have a bomb to be a threat from the blue line. Maybe he could beef up his shot, I don't know.

aufheben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2014, 07:03 PM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raspewtin View Post
I agree. Puck possession, quick movement, and fluid transitions are the way to win in the new NHL. Stone age hockey hasn't been the way to win in 30 years probably and never will be.
That's why my mind is blown when people say that because the scoring is down to pre-lockout levels we've made no progress. None of those things you mentioned were a priority during the DPE.

Old
03-09-2014, 07:04 PM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by aufheben View Post
Getting us to retaliate was probably exactly what Babcock wanted. Why get involved in stuff like that when we're winning?

He can learn to take smarter shots (He already does take very wise shots). You don't need to have a bomb to be a threat from the blue line. Maybe he could beef up his shot, I don't know.
He does a GREAT job getting open on the blueline and opening up shooting lanes. Every other defenseman just hammers it on the net.

Old
03-09-2014, 07:19 PM
aufheben
Global Moderator
#RIPClendening

Quote:
He does a GREAT job getting open on the blueline and opening up shooting lanes. Every other defenseman just hammers it on the net.
No, every other defensemen tries to hammer it on net.

Man, Staal is a beast.

Old
03-09-2014, 07:27 PM
gardenparty

Quote:
Originally Posted by LORENZO View Post
We are lucky in that all our Jerseys are beauts, some teams don't even get a single nice one.
True dat!

Signed,
Nashville Predators Equipment Manager

gardenparty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2014, 07:47 PM
shoves
Free orangejuice?

Quote:
Because retaliating doesnt go hand in hand with losing. Makes them back off a bit and gives us space to play even better.

Old
03-09-2014, 07:50 PM
aufheben
Global Moderator
#RIPClendening

We won 3-0, what need is there to play better? That's why you're not supposed to drop the gloves when your team is playing well.

Old
03-09-2014, 08:09 PM
Garden Mystique

Is it just me or when I do these 3 star votings I always forget to vote mcdonagh cause I just expect greatness every game and he delivers

Garden Mystique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2014, 08:39 PM
shoves
Free orangejuice?

Quote:
We won 3-0, what need is there to play better? That's why you're not supposed to drop the gloves when your team is playing well.
Im not saying they have to drop em, just tell them we arent tolerating **** like that. Respond, thats all im asking for. Like we did a couple of years ago

Old
03-09-2014, 08:47 PM
JohnC

Ya know what's weird? How the toffness crowd are the biggest whining babies

JohnC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2014, 08:49 PM
Levitate

Quote:
Probably to some extent but he'll never have a bomb. Some guys just have a feel for getting off a ridiculously hard, accurate slapper, and I think that's a skill that can't be completely gained just through practice.

But then again, Lidstrom didn't have a hard bomb and he put up a ton of points by being smart and accurate with his passes and shots. Extremely doubtful McDonagh ever equals that kind of offensive play by Lidstrom but I'm just using it to illustrate a spot I think he could improve on to a reasonable extent, and I think you see it this year as he's working more to get better shots and make good decisions.

Anyways, am I crazy or did Moore not really trip up Miller on the play right before Boyle's goal? Looked like he tied up Miller or shoved at his hip a bit or something in a way that was pretty normal. Didn't see his stick trip him, didn't see his skate trip him, didn't see a big hook or anything. At most, it looks like maybe a push.

Dunno, maybe I"m also not looking at a video that shows enough of it. For the most part it looks like Miller went down because he went off balance from a check, not a trip

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2014, 08:50 PM
Megustaelhockey
Global Moderator
Hybrid icing

I miss two games, and the Rangers win both. Ugh.

Megustaelhockey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2014, 08:54 PM
surf
Wheres the Reggae?

[Oh please go look at the last 15 pages of the GDT...I have never seen so much whining about refs and non calls in my life...This board complains about Crosby whining?? Take a look in the mirror

QUOTE=JohnC;81413519]Ya know what's weird? How the toffness crowd are the biggest whining babies[/QUOTE]

surf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2014, 08:58 PM
surf
Wheres the Reggae?

Smarten up bro nobody on this board cares about the kind of hockey you speak of..God forbid if a Ranger stands up for someone with the lead...Un heard of on this forum...And you're correct its sickening to be pushed around by the Wings...This top 9 will wilt vs Bruins if we face them in the PO's

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoves View Post
Im not saying they have to drop em, just tell them we arent tolerating **** like that. Respond, thats all im asking for. Like we did a couple of years ago

surf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2014, 09:08 PM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
Probably to some extent but he'll never have a bomb. Some guys just have a feel for getting off a ridiculously hard, accurate slapper, and I think that's a skill that can't be completely gained just through practice.

But then again, Lidstrom didn't have a hard bomb and he put up a ton of points by being smart and accurate with his passes and shots. Extremely doubtful McDonagh ever equals that kind of offensive play by Lidstrom but I'm just using it to illustrate a spot I think he could improve on to a reasonable extent, and I think you see it this year as he's working more to get better shots and make good decisions.

Anyways, am I crazy or did Moore not really trip up Miller on the play right before Boyle's goal? Looked like he tied up Miller or shoved at his hip a bit or something in a way that was pretty normal. Didn't see his stick trip him, didn't see his skate trip him, didn't see a big hook or anything. At most, it looks like maybe a push.

Dunno, maybe I"m also not looking at a video that shows enough of it. For the most part it looks like Miller went down because he went off balance from a check, not a trip
I was going to post that Lidstrom didn't have a bomb. He did have a strong accurate low shot. I very much doubt he'll ever be as good as him but I do think McDonagh plays a similar game.

Old
03-09-2014, 09:24 PM
aufheben
Global Moderator
#RIPClendening

"Pushed around by the Wings" we just shut them out AGAIN.

What planet is this?

Old
03-09-2014, 09:27 PM
eco's bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnC View Post
Ya know what's weird? How the toffness crowd are the biggest whining babies
The same remark could be made about the anti-toughness crowd. It's a fact that anybody could make your comment about anybody else who didn't agree with him/her on pretty much any subject. It's facile and it's s-p-i-n.

Quote:
Originally Posted by surf View Post
[Oh please go look at the last 15 pages of the GDT...I have never seen so much whining about refs and non calls in my life...This board complains about Crosby whining?? Take a look in the mirror

QUOTE=JohnC;81413519]Ya know what's weird? How the toffness crowd are the biggest whining babies
[/QUOTE]

The referees were horrible. That's nothing new. Commentary from the NBC crew pointed out numerous missed calls and mostly by the Wings. Would I be happier if the Rangers were a tougher team? Yeah--though I'd prefer a Mr. Lucic who can play and would rather not have a John Scott-who can't.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote