HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Michel Therrien knows more about hockey than you do.

Old
03-12-2014, 09:53 PM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

vCash: 500
Habs scored in Jacques Martin era

2009-10 213 goals
2010-11 207 goals
2011-12 210 goals...

Therrien comes in 2012 -13 and in 48 games we score 146

this year? 166 in 66 games.....GOONA BE WORSE than Jacques Martin

CAN WE EVER GET A OFFENSIVENESS MINDED COACH???WHO USES HIS PLAYERS TO THERE STRENGTHS...AND NOT TRY TO TURN THEM INTO WHAT THE COACH FEELS THEY SHOULD BE.....

FREE THE HABS !

Habaneros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2014, 10:04 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 883
Habs lucking out last season is going to set team back years. Could have had a top end prospect and sped up rebuild, now we're back in 08/09.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctonscout View Post
So by "reigning him in" and getting him playing his "worse hockey of his career" he magically won a Norris tropy and made Team Canada...

If you think Subban plays like a guy affraid of making a mistake you've obviously been living uner a rock since 2012.

I guess he must be runining Price Plekanec Pacioretty Markov and co also?

Yup, Plekanec having worst offensive season since 08/09 and getting burned out playing hardest D minutes of his career. Pacioretty can't play with anyone else but Desharnais and they make sure it stays that way. Price has no influence from MT other than the system allowing him to stand on his head every game. Markov is overused and played as if he was 25 not 35.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2014, 10:05 PM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
Habs lucking out last season is going to set team back years. Could have had a top end prospect and sped up rebuild, now we're back in 08/09.
Yup. I really wanted us to suck for 2 years. I was ready for it. Lucking out just made us postpone the rebuild.

hockeyfan2k11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2014, 10:11 PM
JAVO16

Quote:
That's basically how I felt most of last season. I was sorta happy that we were winning, but mostly, I thought that we were ****ing up in the long run.

JAVO16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2014, 10:21 PM
Habskrieg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctonscout View Post
They had 35 shots and 3 breakaways against one of the top defensive teams in the league. If they get chances and don't score, not sure how a coacvh is to blame when guys miss open nets or breakways? Not really something NHL coaches "coach".

Did Blysma teach Crosby and Malkin how to score? Did Oates teach Ovechkin? Cooper teach Stamkos?

Did the coach coach Tinordi to leave the puck there for two Boston forwards? Did he coach Budaj to give up soft goals 5 hole? Did he teach Markov to fall down at the blueline and give up a 3 on 1?
While I'll concede that the errors you point out are player related. Players make mistakes, but when the system keeps failing game in and out. And that there doesn't seem to be any more logic to the decisions made, are the players to blame?

The 5-on5 and the PP suck. Our forwards keep entering the opponents' zone the same way all the time. We can't keep the puck long enough in their zone when we do make it in. Our defensive coverage is often one step behind. Yea, there are times the defense looks good and gets a lot of takeaways, but most of the time, the goals against us are from being poorly positioned.

It's the coaching staffs job to find ways to make the team function. It's their job to adapt the system to the opponents. It's their job to point out what mistakes players are repeatedly making, and to help fix them.

I'll agree that we have some dead weight. But when the entire team is failing and you notice how badly Price has been carrying us... Pointing out mistakes made by players in one game, will not convince anyone that the coaches don't take a huge part of the blame.

This is nearly a repeat of last year.

Habskrieg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2014, 10:24 PM
Istvan

I'm quite sure that MT knows more about hockey than i do. My concern is that he seems to know a lot less about hockey than the majority of his NHL counterparts.

Istvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2014, 10:25 PM
vokiel
#FireMolgevin

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Istvan View Post
I'm quite sure that MT knows more about hockey than i do. My concern is that he seems to know a lot less about hockey than the majority of his NHL counterparts.
Well said

vokiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2014, 10:33 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 883
Quote:

I like this post.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2014, 10:44 PM
ProspectsFanatic
Artturi Lehkonen

MT knows that Bouillon isn't good enough to be in the lineup out of the 15 of the last 16 games, but he uses Bouillon like the 2nd D-men of this team tonight. It just can't make any sense.

ProspectsFanatic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2014, 10:45 PM
Guess

No worries guys, if the Habs don't make the playoffs I can guarantee you that Therrien will be fired by Bergevin.

Guess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2014, 10:46 PM
kidchaos

Quote:
Where's a like button when you acctualy need it?

kidchaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2014, 10:48 PM
JLP
Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guess View Post
No worries guys, if the Habs don't make the playoffs I can guarantee you that Therrien will be fired by Bergevin.
I wish you could

JLP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2014, 11:05 PM
Habsawce

vCash: 2154
I'm at the point now where I believe a jar of whale sperm would be a more efficient coach than Michel Therrien. Hockey knowledge or not, at least the whale sperm wouldn't be holding back creative players from being creative and heaven forbid they entertained the fans who pay good money to be entertained. That would be a travesty.

Habsawce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2014, 12:31 AM
Crusherkgb

Im going to the game Tuesday. I hope for the love of God that the team picks it up a bit.

Id love to see
Patches DD Gally
Vanek Briere Chuckie
Bournival Pleks Gio
Prust Eller Moen
When healthly

Subban Tinordi
Markov Emelin
Beaulieu Murray
Until Gorges is back.

Crusherkgb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2014, 01:01 AM
Canadiens Ghost
Mr. Objectivity

If Therrien knows more about hockey than we do, maybe it's time he starts proving it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusherkgb View Post
Id love to see
Patches DD Gally
Vanek Briere Chuckie
Bournival Pleks Gio
Prust Eller Moen
When healthly

Subban Tinordi
Markov Emelin
Beaulieu Murray
Until Gorges is back.
I like this line-up.

Canadiens Ghost is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2014, 01:18 AM
ECWHSWI
bought a MB jersey

Quote:
Yup, Plekanec having worst offensive season since 08/09 and getting burned out playing hardest D minutes of his career. Pacioretty can't play with anyone else but Desharnais and they make sure it stays that way. Price has no influence from MT other than the system allowing him to stand on his head every game. Markov is overused and played as if he was 25 not 35.
Plekanec managed to be solid defensively with Kovalev as a winger, and managed to shutdown Crosby with Cammalleri on his wing...

but for some reason, MT seems to think he wouldnt be able to shutdown anyone if he was to play with Patches, Gallagher, Galchenyuk or Vanek next to him...

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2014, 02:48 AM
Deluded Puck

Quote:
Beaten to the punch

Deluded Puck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2014, 04:20 AM
Ice Poutine
I like thoup-Lindros

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadiens Ghost View Post
If Therrien knows more about hockey than we do, maybe it's time he starts proving it!
He just did. He just proved to anyone that he could take any offense out of any team but mostly out of his OWN team...

Jacques Martin is probably just calling Therrien right now to congratulate him.

Ice Poutine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2014, 05:11 AM
ECWHSWI
bought a MB jersey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Poutine View Post
He just did. He just proved to anyone that he could take any offense out of any team but mostly out of his OWN team...

Jacques Martin is probably just calling Therrien right now to congratulate him.

or laughing at him as he could get a less talented Habs team to score more goals while playing the trap

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2014, 05:33 AM
TennisMenace

It is very upsetting to me knowing most of us here on this site are wiser than our coach.

TennisMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2014, 05:43 AM
BrimStone64

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBubbleRaincoat View Post
You know why? This man at least played in the AHL. Come at me you AHL players posting out there. This man has had three NHL coaching gigs. Does anyone ever think of pinning any blames on the assistant coaches, video coaches, general manager (well that has happened) and anyone else who has any input when it comes to on ice adjustments.

My main point of this thread is to damper the obsessive blame/hate/disgust towards just one man. I'm no fan of this 'grinding' system either.... and yes I sometimes long for the structure they played last year.... BUT REMEMBER they faltered before that grueling 48 game schedule was done with.

I started a thread a couple months back still supporting Therrien, citing that beautiful opening round series in 2002 vs the Bruins. Therrien coaching a team on the tail-end of the 'Dark-Age''. Yeah, the game was different then. Therrien didn't do us any favors in the end with the Hurricanes series either... yeah, yeah, I know.

Still, you think you know more about the game of hockey than Michel Therrien does? Give me a bloody break.
I've basically given up on idea of Habs being successful until Therrin moves on. Most they will do is squeak into playoffs

BrimStone64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2014, 08:26 AM
JLP
Refugee

Beyond Therrien, the whole organizational culture needs a shakeup.

Old
03-13-2014, 08:41 AM
WhiskeySeven
Retired. Bye.

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLP View Post
Beyond Therrien, the whole organizational culture needs a shakeup.
Weren't we promised that after the Gauthier debacle? Or was that just wishful thinking?

In came Bergevin with the same mentality as Gainey and another retread for a coach. Risk-free five year plan nonsense and here we are again with our thumb up our butts complaining about another culture shakeup hopefully coming in to save us.

And you people called me mad for comparing Bergevin to Gainey. They're the same person!!

WhiskeySeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2014, 09:05 AM
JLP
Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
Weren't we promised that after the Gauthier debacle? Or was that just wishful thinking?

In came Bergevin with the same mentality as Gainey and another retread for a coach. Risk-free five year plan nonsense and here we are again with our thumb up our butts complaining about another culture shakeup hopefully coming in to save us.

And you people called me mad for comparing Bergevin to Gainey. They're the same person!!
Even if they are the same person that does not mean you're not mad

The Habs org is one of the most bloated and insular in the NHL, it's more than a sports franchise it's its own little world. Badly needs an enema a cultural revolution.

Old
03-13-2014, 09:07 AM
BobBobrovsky*

When the Pens fired him in 2009, they were, with Malkin and Crosby no less, one of the worst puck-possession teams in the league, as hard as that is to fathom. He seems to believe (save for last season) that one size fits all when it comes to playing style. Total moron.

BobBobrovsky* is offline   Reply With Quote