HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Goalie Situation!

Closed Thread

Old
08-15-2005, 12:34 AM
Habs13

vCash: 500
Garon is going to be your starter, and a good one at that. One of the main reasons Montreal traded him was becaue he wasn't going to surpase Theodore for the #1 job but many here thought it was only a matter of time. Garon is a great goalie and it hurts to give him up.

BTW, how is Huet?? He's injured so we won't see him play here untill late november at the earliest.

Old
08-15-2005, 11:23 AM
The Tikkanen
Pest

Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
[QUOTE=Shaun333]Stauber was tight.

I've been a hardcore LA fan since the year before Gretzky (1987). I don't think I ever remembered Stauber being even halfway decent. He was basically a fill in for when Hrudey got injured. When he did win games, they were like 9-6 or 7-4. Don't remember his G.A. being that great either.QUOTE]

I was at a game at the Forum where Stauber was in net for a 0-0 tie with the Stars. Tinordi broke his leg touching up an icing. It seems like the Kings have always had streaky goaltending, hopefully that run is over this year.

Old
08-15-2005, 11:31 AM
Old Hickory

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs13
Garon is going to be your starter, and a good one at that. One of the main reasons Montreal traded him was becaue he wasn't going to surpase Theodore for the #1 job but many here thought it was only a matter of time. Garon is a great goalie and it hurts to give him up.

BTW, how is Huet?? He's injured so we won't see him play here untill late november at the earliest.
Huet is a very capable backup. He will play great but struggles if he is overused.

As far as giving Theo and occassional day off, he is more than capable.
If Theo is injured, Garon will faulter after 4 or 5 consecutive games

As far as the Kings goaltending is concerned..Garon and LaBarbera is an upgrade over Cech/ Huet

Old
08-15-2005, 11:34 AM
King Blazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsjohn
If Theo is injured, Garon will faulter after 4 or 5 consecutive games
Well I sure hope Theo stays healthy. I never realized how close Theo and Garon are. Imagine that.....

Closed Thread