HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kinda playing for your Chicago Blackhawks: #86, Teuvo "Turbo" Teravainen!

Closed Thread

Old
04-09-2014, 03:41 PM
Hawkaholic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyJet View Post
/\ which would have been great if he hadn't prefixed it with " “I don’t know, I’m just living day by day here,”

To not tell this kid what they are planning for him rings as quite familiar. I have no problem with easing a 19-year old into the line-up, but there's ne excuse for keeping him in the dark. If Hawks aren't sure of their plans themselves, just tell him so.
Seems to me that's exactly what they told him, since that's what they have said publicly and that's what TT has said.

Old
04-09-2014, 03:51 PM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Liner View Post
Or perhaps he knows and he's been told not to disclose anything to the media/public by the organization. And if they aren't sure of the plans themselves, maybe they've told him just that; that they don't know. In turn, he's not going to know anything either when asked about it. I think it's a reach, much like the theory of some dressing room rift.
there's a rift?

Old
04-09-2014, 04:01 PM
Blue Liner

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsernameWasTaken View Post
there's a rift?
A poster or two have hypothesized such in the past couple of weeks. From where this came from I have no idea. I'm certainly not among that crowd and haven't heard anything of the sort.

Old
04-09-2014, 04:07 PM
DisgruntledHawkFan

Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
Just like the Stalberg benching last spring, the usual parties are drawing lines and bashing Q/Stan on hearsay and speculation while the other side takes throw away media sound bites and drawing their own conclusions.

I'll let the situation play out and let the kid turn twenty before I jump to any conclusions about how the organization is handling TT.

Old
04-09-2014, 04:22 PM
xX Hot Fuss

Quote:
/\ which would have been great if he hadn't prefixed it with " I dont know, Im just living day by day here,

To not tell this kid what they are planning for him rings as quite familiar. I have no problem with easing a 19-year old into the line-up, but there's ne excuse for keeping him in the dark. If Hawks aren't sure of their plans themselves, just tell him so.
Hammer, meet nail

Old
04-09-2014, 04:59 PM
BobbyJet
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post
Seems to me that's exactly what they told him, since that's what they have said publicly and that's what TT has said.
If it were only true, but nice spin.

Old
04-09-2014, 09:24 PM
Hawkaholic

Quote:
If it were only true, but nice spin.
Didnt realize you had inside sources.

Old
04-09-2014, 10:31 PM
Easton Modano Curve

Quote:
Here's a 19 year old coming overseas and he already seems a tad bewildered. At least they could communicate with the poor kid, but no, Q and Hawks dont play games with their players.
Don't see how you can evaluate communication between Q and TT from anything said in the media.

1) Hawks athletes and coaches are trained by media relations (thank you McD) to give ambiguous answers. TT is handling the media great for a 19 year old. Personally love Kaner the best with the media, you can totally tell he's BSing.

2) Is coach Q telling TT what games he's suiting up for days in advance what determines good communication between a coach and players? Personally, I'd define a good communicator as someone who articulates an individual's strengths, weakness, and areas for improvement and the team system in a way the player can understand. Unless you're in the locker room or on the ice at practice I'd find it hard to evaluate Q's communication with TTfor better or worse.

3) This is the best professional hockey league in the world, every rostered player should be ready to play whenever his number is called. An NHL coach does not need to hand out a weekly work schedule, as a professional athlete you work 365 days a year, not 82. You work everyday, whether you are in the lineup or not. You prepare everyday whether you are in the lineup or not.

Old
04-09-2014, 10:49 PM
DisgruntledHawkFan

Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
I agree with most of that, but there's an exception between a standout college player and a 19 year old kid that just single handedly led his team to WJC Gold. Keeping him in the loop while telling him what to say publicly is on thing. Playing games with him and telling him to be ready when called upon is another.

I won't offer an opinion into what's actually going on because I don't know. But for either side to call the other totally wrong based on anything other than circumstantial evidence is just wrong.

Old
04-09-2014, 11:04 PM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post
Didnt realize you had inside sources.
What do you ever really know about other people on the internet?

Old
04-10-2014, 06:12 AM
Hawkscap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easton Modano Curve View Post

3) This is the best professional hockey league in the world, every rostered player should be ready to play whenever his number is called. An NHL coach does not need to hand out a weekly work schedule, as a professional athlete you work 365 days a year, not 82. You work everyday, whether you are in the lineup or not. You prepare everyday whether you are in the lineup or not.
Unless you are Q and Ben Smith is last year's Stanley Cup finals.

Old
04-10-2014, 12:22 PM
SLarmer28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easton Modano Curve View Post
Funny, I hardly seen Bickell show up to work at all this season. If Bickell is not going to contribute offensively, the phrases "back check" and "shot block" needs to be incorporated into a winger's vocabulary.

Old
04-10-2014, 04:09 PM
No Fun Shogun
Global Moderator
34-38-61-10-13

vCash: 5113
Guess he's an IceHog for now.

Closed until he's brought back up, I suppose...

Nerd, don't estimate all humanity by the limitations of your own capability. - Steve Smith, Professor of History, University of China, IL
Closed Thread