HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

replacing Derek Dorsett in lineup and roster

View Poll Results: who would be the best fit to replace Dorsett in lineup (not style of play)
JT Miller 16 22.54%
Danny Kristo 1 1.41%
Oscar Lindberg 2 2.82%
Jesper Fast 7 9.86%
Ryan Haggarty 4 5.63%
Ryan Bourque 0 0%
Aaron Asham 1 1.41%
Darryl Powe 1 1.41%
Michael Kantor 0 0%
Michael St.Croix 0 0%
Kyle Beach 1 1.41%
Michael Haley 1 1.41%
Marek Hrivik 0 0%
Kyle Jean 0 0%
Daniel Carcillo 37 52.11%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

Old
03-13-2014, 06:27 PM
Oak
Hockey fan

vCash: 50
I really like what I've seen from Carcillo playing on the 4th line. I really don't see the need for Dorsett anymore, and I hope they stop playing him instead of Carbomb.

Oak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2014, 04:33 AM
Ail
k.

vCash: 500
OMG WTF! They put Carcillo back in and we lost! What are you doing AV!? Why are you messing with chemistry! Dorsett had a good game and then you take him out! They looked like dog **** out there without Dorsett, omg what a joke! Carcillo didn't do anything and he made the 4th line play like crap! So useless, bury him in the ECHL already!

lullllzzzzzz

03-14-2014, 04:46 AM
mike14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ail View Post
OMG WTF! They put Carcillo back in and we lost! What are you doing AV!? Why are you messing with chemistry! Dorsett had a good game and then you take him out! They looked like dog **** out there without Dorsett, omg what a joke! Carcillo didn't do anything and he made the 4th line play like crap! So useless, bury him in the ECHL already!

lullllzzzzzz
this certainly needed to be in two different threads...

mike14 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2014, 05:41 AM
Ail
k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike14 View Post
this certainly needed to be in two different threads...
At least. Should do a 3rd variation in the Carillo noise thead as well.

Everyone felt the need to talk about how great Carcillo was in three threads for the past two days, I fail to see the issue with doing the opposite. It's annoying to read the same stupidity over and over isn't it?

Ail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2014, 08:37 AM
DelZottoHitTheNetJK

Using corsi and advanced stats to tell the worth of a 4th line grinder who plays ~7 min a night.

Do any of you guys actually watch hockey? Considering some of your post counts I highly doubt it, as you're all always on here!

DelZottoHitTheNetJK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2014, 09:16 AM
Ail
k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DelZottoHitTheNetJK View Post
Using corsi and advanced stats to tell the worth of a 4th line grinder who plays ~7 min a night.

Do any of you guys actually watch hockey? Considering some of your post counts I highly doubt it, as you're all always on here!
Yeah, we don't actually watch. We just look at stats and then come here to argue with people who watch for no reason. Good one man, that's hilarious.

Why would advanced stats, or any stats, be less applicable because they're playing limited minutes on the 4th line? I know it is pretty easy to determine that Brian Boyle is a better hockey player than John Scott, just by watching them play, but what about when the talent level is closer? Like say for instance Derek Dorsett and Dan Carcillo. Dominic Moore vs. Brian Boyle? Advanced stats, and stats in general can help you determine that.

Last edited by Megustaelhockey: 03-15-2014 at 09:59 AM. Reason: NATD
Ail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2014, 07:14 AM
AlwaysARanger
Schwing!

Great article from The Daily News:

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ho...icle-1.1801472

AlwaysARanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2014, 07:31 AM
Dactyl

The Dorsett hate here had always been ridiculous. It's like they hate brecause he isn't Prust and love Carcillo because he isn't Dorsett. The dumb penalties thing was also blown out of proportion he really hasn't been that bad.

Dactyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2014, 07:38 AM
azaloum90

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysARanger View Post
Greatest part of it:

Quote:
Dorsettís combination of work ethic, underrated skill and now discipline have helped him grow into an important contributor on a team that believes it can win it all. He acts and talks like a leader because itís a part of him.
It's guys like this that keep things going, for real. WOrk ethic cannot be replaced by skill.

azaloum90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2014, 07:40 AM
Stasis
Mad Decent

I like Dorse, and I think he's been decent to good in the playoffs thus far. Works well with Dom and Boyle. I'd argue that Carcillo has been better though, and I don't feel there's room for both if everyone's healthy. AV has been managing the lineup well, in him I will continue to trust. Depth is never a bad thing.

Stasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2014, 08:47 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

you gotta save where you can. rangers are in a cap crunch. dorsett is expendable. esp for a 4th liner who doesnt kill penalties.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2014, 08:57 AM
silverfish
Mr. Glass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dactyl View Post
The Dorsett hate here had always been ridiculous. It's like they hate brecause he isn't Prust and love Carcillo because he isn't Dorsett. The dumb penalties thing was also blown out of proportion he really hasn't been that bad.
Agreed 100%

silverfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2014, 09:04 AM
Raspewtin
Early To The Party

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
you gotta save where you can. rangers are in a cap crunch. dorsett is expendable. esp for a 4th liner who doesnt kill penalties.
He killed penalties most of the year until he came back from injury.

We have the luxury of having a lot of PK'ing forwards that are bigger shorthanded threats to score.

05-22-2014, 09:27 AM
NYR Viper

Yeah, I'm not seeing the reason to get rid of him at all. He is a good 4th liner who can and will drop the gloves and PK. He blocks shots and is a pain in the ass to play against.

I'd bring Carcillo back and keep Dorsett. I HIGHLY doubt Boyle is back.

Carcillo-Moore-Dorsett

Sub in a player like Hrivik for teams where both aren't needed.

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2014, 10:53 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raspewtin View Post
He killed penalties most of the year until he came back from injury.

We have the luxury of having a lot of PK'ing forwards that are bigger shorthanded threats to score.
did he?

i honestly dont remember him doing that. weve got so many good pkers its tough to keep track of all of them.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2014, 02:30 PM
SlapshotTheMovie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
did he?

i honestly dont remember him doing that. weve got so many good pkers its tough to keep track of all of them.
he was a great PKer for us. He has a decent accuracy so he was really good at sending the puck to the other end of the ice and getting it to stay in the corner away from the goalie and buying us a few extra seconds.

As was said he is however not our best PKer or best 4rth liner or best fighter. He is a solid guy and a great energy player but he is depth to this team. However depth is super important to a team like this and honestly I don't want to lose anyone. Obviously that is impossible. Zuc is going to be getting a good contract and Staal the year after that. The cap Monster gets every team eventually.

SlapshotTheMovie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2014, 03:58 PM
Mikos87

He barely killed penalties. He got a look see and that was it. He wasn't even a 4th forward pair option.

Boyle, Hags, Moore, MSL (Callahan), Stepan, Nash, Zucc all were ahead of him.

Mikos87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2014, 10:05 PM
HenrikO'doyle

Wanted to bump this for a guy whos gotten a lot of heat from us here. We dont score that first goal without him he was flying out there tonight.

HenrikO'doyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2014, 10:24 PM
Mikos87

Quote:
Originally Posted by HenrikO'doyle View Post
Wanted to bump this for a guy whos gotten a lot of heat from us here. We dont score that first goal without him he was flying out there tonight.
Yeah he played well tonight, except for one play where he threw it back in the zone and got hemmed in.

During game 5 Dorsett caught some flak by the Canadian media for spraying snow on one of those kids that carries the flag for MTL, and spearing Weaver in the you know what during a TV timeout when the refs weren't looking.

Pretty funny stuff. Apparently he did something at the airport too, but I have no idea what or if true.

Mikos87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2014, 10:48 PM
bl02

Quote:
Originally Posted by HenrikO'doyle View Post
Dorsett was flying out there. Throwing clean hard hits. Tracking pucks down on the forecheck. Another unsung hero of game 6

bl02 is offline   Reply With Quote