HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Kastsitsyn healthy scratch

Closed Thread

Old
10-02-2003, 10:12 AM
Le depisteur

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey
Le depisteur, if Kastsitsyn were in North America right now he'd be playing in Hamilton, not in Montréal. He's young and unprepared for the NHL. That doesn't mean he's no good.
It's not that Timmins said about him... He said that Kastsitsyn could play immediately with the Habs... But, they didn't able to sign him...

Old
10-02-2003, 10:14 AM
Le depisteur

Quote:
Originally Posted by ax²+bx+c
the problem with the board is that there's too much 15 years old little jerk that thought they knew everything about prospect... So when they see such things, they're sure our prospect are busts. What they don't know is that 90% of the prospect are developping that way.
And you??? You seem very confident, man!!!

Old
10-02-2003, 10:14 AM
montreal
Time to Get Down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komi#1
That's what i wanna hear!!!

By the way i never said that Kasty sucks or is a bust...i just said that i'm a little bit concerned too see Chernikh ahead of him!

Yes I understand I wasn't clear in saying it to everyone that thinks he's a bust (cause I've heard that too often already ) I didn't mean to imply thats what you were saying.

I too am concerned to a degree that Kastsitsyn isn't playing with CSKA, but not so much that Chernikh is ahead of him, as I was hoping we would draft both Chernikh and to a lesser extent Kastsitsyn (didn't think he would be left at 10th).

What really sucks big time is that I would have gotten to see both games Kastsitsyn wasn't in the lineup, but since he was sent down, I asked the person not to tape the games for me. (but I think I'm getting 2 of Korneev's games with one of those against Ovechkin)

Old
10-02-2003, 10:16 AM
Le depisteur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean_Jacket41
Maybe they can't live the hype???
Maybe habs fans overrate their prospects like they overrate their players and their team???
All this blablabla about how great habs prospect are no 1, and how they are good, and they aren't able to bump all the dead wood on habs roster. No team and prospect not as good as habs fans think...So sad...
And the Bruins prospects score less goals than Montreal in pre-season games... What a hype!!!

Old
10-02-2003, 10:33 AM
Jean_Jacket41
Neely = HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le depisteur
And the Bruins prospects score less goals than Montreal in pre-season games... What a hype!!!
???

Old
10-02-2003, 10:48 AM
Le depisteur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean_Jacket41
???

Old
10-02-2003, 11:36 AM
FisherKing

Kastsitsyn

Personally, although he's been referred to as "legendary" and seems to be considered (by some at least) a demi-God in Russian hockey, I have never been a fan of Tikanov (have no idea how to spell his name and have no intention of learning) nor do I ever expect to be.

I don't think that the fact that Kastsitsyn is not playing on CSKA-1 says anything whatsoever about his talent or abilities. I find Tikanov to be a very "notional" (is that diplomatic enough?) coach, and holding your mouth the wrong way when you carry the puck could be sufficient to get you "black listed" by him. Maybe I'm being unduly harsh here, but that is, and always has been my impression of Tikanov, and probably always will be.

I think Kastsitsyn is going to be a good...very, very, very good...and well worth the wait when he gets here...Tikanov or no Tikanov.

Old
10-02-2003, 12:09 PM
montreal
Time to Get Down

Quote:
Originally Posted by FisherKing
Personally, although he's been referred to as "legendary" and seems to be considered (by some at least) a demi-God in Russian hockey, I have never been a fan of Tikanov (have no idea how to spell his name and have no intention of learning) nor do I ever expect to be.

I don't think that the fact that Kastsitsyn is not playing on CSKA-1 says anything whatsoever about his talent or abilities. I find Tikanov to be a very "notional" (is that diplomatic enough?) coach, and holding your mouth the wrong way when you carry the puck could be sufficient to get you "black listed" by him. Maybe I'm being unduly harsh here, but that is, and always has been my impression of Tikanov, and probably always will be.

I think Kastsitsyn is going to be a good...very, very, very good...and well worth the wait when he gets here...Tikanov or no Tikanov.

FisherKing, where ya been? Glad to see your back. I'm with you on the Kastsitsyn thing. I have very high hopes for the young Belarusian.

Old
10-02-2003, 12:14 PM
Inertiatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komi#1
You are probably the biggest jerk of the board...
Actually, I think he's one of the best. The truth hurts sometimes- deal with it.

Old
10-02-2003, 02:40 PM
FisherKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal
FisherKing, where ya been? Glad to see your back. I'm with you on the Kastsitsyn thing. I have very high hopes for the young Belarusian.
Thanks montreal. Good to be back. I've been kind of computerless for a year or so, since the motherboard went on my desktop, and my daughter spilled a fresh glass of coke all over my laptop (NOT recommended for laptops btw). Anyway, thanks for the "welcome back". Glad we agree on our young Belarusian friend.

Old
10-02-2003, 06:29 PM
deandebean

Overhyping our prospects? Maybe it was the organisation that was overhyping them, no?

could it be that Savard did not do as well as he/some of us thought? I've seen Joe Sakic go directly to the NHL, I've seen Martin Havlat make an immediate impact with a very strong Sens lineup, I've seen Wade Redden be more than average his first season, I've seen Peter Forsberg dominate as hell as soon as he got here. And they were NOT 1st overall picks.

Is it too much to ask the Habs to make such judicial choices? We pick a Rusky who's not coming here and, most of all, can't even make a AHL-like lineup. Even if he's 18. Christ, Radek Bonk of all players could play in the IHL at 18.

Fans overhype for sure. But so does the organisation. And Savard has been the main culprit. And the media in Montreal, not knowing much about the kids, has been anything but critical of the draft choices.

Closed Thread