HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

New York Rangers at Minnesota Wild 3/13/2014

View Poll Results: 3 Stars
Chris Kreider 13 36.11%
Derek Stepan 13 36.11%
Rick Nash 2 5.56%
Carl Hagelin 1 2.78%
Brad Richards 2 5.56%
Martin St. Louis 1 2.78%
Benoit Pouliot 2 5.56%
Derrick Brassard 1 2.78%
Mats Zuccarello 10 27.78%
Daniel Carcillo 2 5.56%
Brian Boyle 3 8.33%
Dominic Moore 0 0%
Marc Staal 1 2.78%
Ryan McDonagh 5 13.89%
John Moore 5 13.89%
Kevin Klein 1 2.78%
Anton Stralman 1 2.78%
Dan Girardi 6 16.67%
Cameron Talbot 26 72.22%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Old
03-13-2014, 09:55 PM
TheDirtyH

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clausewitz View Post
What upsets me more than anything, though, is Nash's post-game demeanor. He just nonchalantly brushes off this game, regurgitating the usual, "take it one game at a time." There's no expression of concern or urgency; there's no annoyance with having lost (again). Disappointing and unprofessional response.
I wish AV would call him out a bit to the media like he did Kesler (though I thought that was over dramatized). Maybe then we'd see a reaction.

For me the main reason these games are frustrating is that I know we're a better team than this. I know Nash is a better player than what he showed tonight. Last season he and Step carried this team, and while Step seems to be turning the corner a bit, both look totally lost. I wish I knew why we can't ever seem to find guys who bring it every season besides Callahan, Girardi, McDonagh, Hank. None of those guys are scorers though...

TheDirtyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2014, 09:55 PM
jskramer83

vCash: 800
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Plains Batman View Post
Once again this team is awful in third periods. With the exception of that three weeks around New Years to the Stadium Series games, this team has lost at least 5-6 games when they were tied going into the third.

Too soft, not enough youth, and the top six in inconsistent.

Richards is done, he needs to go. Nash is invisible most of the time.

They don't shoot which has been going on since the Jagr days.

MSL looks like Bobby Carpenter.

And for those that don't think picks are important, look at Kemper. 6th rounder. Ondrej Palat, late round pick.

Markus Granlund one of the picks the Rangers gave away in the Erixon trade, looks to be a player.

You don't give away picks for free, ever!!!!
You will be happy to hear we still have those

jskramer83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2014, 09:56 PM
NYRSchrute217

Not to overreact after a loss, but St. Louis has 1 assist in 5 games. It's funny thinking about how many people loved that trade last week. Awful deal.

NYRSchrute217 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
someone stole hank
I LOVE TANNER GLASS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callagraves View Post
Nah man. Cupcakes and a clean slate for all of them. Fresh start and good feelings.

Sather, you idiot. Soft players and a soft coach.
Should of hired mess...and I'm completely serious

someone stole hank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Callagraves
Block shots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crease View Post
You can say that about every coach's system before they win their first Cup.
AV's teams always seem to have the same flaw. No physicality, no aggression, no response. Even players who are otherwise very firey seem to forget what giving-a-**** is (Burrows not included)

That's the way his Canucks lost, it's the way we're going to lose. Over and over again. He'd be the right coach for the KHL or an all-star team. But not a team that needs to scratch and claw for it's wins

Callagraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Punxrocknyc19*

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHB View Post
Nah, he'll probably give them the day off.
yea with 20 mins of ice time with 0 results.. i cant wait till Nash is gone.

Punxrocknyc19* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2014, 09:57 PM
SnowblindNYR

I really want to follow a good team for once. Even that 11-12 team was good but not great. Really tired of this ****. I'm emotionally spent with this team.

SnowblindNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2014, 09:58 PM
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls

vCash: 659
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clausewitz View Post
What upsets me more than anything, though, is Nash's post-game demeanor. He just nonchalantly brushes off this game, regurgitating the usual, "take it one game at a time." There's no expression of concern or urgency; there's no annoyance with having lost (again). Disappointing and unprofessional response.
Yes, in my experience, the one thing that's always helps when things are going poorly is people freaking out.

Old
03-13-2014, 09:58 PM
TBLightning24
Yeah Jeets!

Callahan tonight, Goal, 4 SOG, + 1, 3rd star of the game, last game he was the 2nd star of the game.

Since joining Tampa in 4 GP he has 4 points (1 G, 3 A), and is a + 3

TBLightning24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2014, 09:59 PM
Callagraves
Block shots

Remember when this team used to ALWAYS have an answer-game. If there was a sub-par game, or a bad effort, they ALWAYS came back with nearly 60 minutes of pissed-off hockey. Like they were embarrassed, and trying to make up for the previous game.

I miss that. I miss the players taking every shift like their job depends on it.

Callagraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2014, 09:59 PM
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls

vCash: 659
You guys are being way plams right now. You can quote me on that.

Brian Boyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2014, 10:00 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRSchrute217 View Post
Not to overreact after a loss, but St. Louis has 1 assist in 5 games. It's funny thinking about how many people loved that trade last week. Awful deal.
It was a terrible trade when it happened. Its a terrible trade now. It will continue to be a terrible trade.

Its the kind of trade that gets GMs fired.

Dolan doesn't have a clue how to hire competent management to build and sustain a winning team.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
OverTheCap

Nash is too mellow, and he's yet another player who doesn't hold himself accountable when he's not playing well.

The personalities in the locker room are too vanilla and bland. There's not enough fire or passion, it's no surprise that intensity is lacking in each game. Zucc is probably our feistiest player by a large margin.

OverTheCap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
SnowblindNYR

I just don't get it since December they were playing consistently, just not winning consistently. Now they don't even do that.

Old
TheDirtyH

Quote:
AV's teams always seem to have the same flaw. No physicality, no aggression, no response. Even players who are otherwise very firey seem to forget what giving-a-**** is (Burrows not included)

That's the way his Canucks lost, it's the way we're going to lose. Over and over again. He'd be the right coach for the KHL or an all-star team. But not a team that needs to scratch and claw for it's wins
Maybe I'm not remembering the series well, but I thought the main things that sunk the Canucks were Ryan Kesler, who was a freaking animal that whole post season, getting injured, and Tim Thomas. Honestly, I hate both teams enough that I tried to forget that series as soon as it was over, but I don't remember too many obvious flaws in the Canucks.

TheDirtyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Dactyl

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers1979 View Post
Callahan tonight, Goal, 4 SOG, + 1, 3rd star of the game, last game he was the 2nd star of the game.

Yup Ryan Callahan, a player who broke 50 points once, is now a young ppg highly skilled physical forward. MSL is old. Terrible trade

Dactyl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
KingP

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers1979 View Post

What did we do

KingP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2014, 10:01 PM
someone stole hank
I LOVE TANNER GLASS

Quote:
Remember when this team used to ALWAYS have an answer-game. If there was a sub-par game, or a bad effort, they ALWAYS came back with nearly 60 minutes of pissed-off hockey. Like they were embarrassed, and trying to make up for the previous game.

I miss that. I miss the players taking every shift like their job depends on it.
Oh players like..cally dubi... oh wait

someone stole hank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Wolfy

Hoped for a good game, fell asleep...that's how boring the Rangers must be

Wolfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Mats Zuccarelli
NY Hockey Rangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRSchrute217 View Post
I loved it....until I found out there was the Sharks offer...

Teflon Sather

Mats Zuccarelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Clausewitz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megustaelhockey View Post
I'd actually say that response was TOO professional, and therein might lie the problem. An unprofessional response is cursing to the media, breaking furniture, throwing teammates under the bus, etc. It's not that we want to see that level of craziness - we just want to see urgency.
Perhaps that was poor diction on my part; my apologies. What I meant is that I expect a professional hockey player to show passion for the sport -- albeit in a measured and careful way. Perhaps "inappropriate" or "disappointing" is a more accurate adjective than "unprofessional" in this case.

For example, though Lundqvist usually says the same things after a loss, his facial expression and demeanor show concern; you can tell that he feels he could have done better. You can see that he cares. The same was true with Callahan; he'd give the same interview -- the same rushed speech and shoulder shrug -- but you could see that his mind was elsewhere. You could see that he was thinking: "Alright. That sucked. Now how can I make things better?" I don't see that out of Nash; I don't see the desire to win that I'd expect from a professional athlete. All I get from Rick is apathy.

Clausewitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Punxrocknyc19*

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverTheCap View Post
Nash is too mellow, and he's yet another player who doesn't hold himself accountable when he's not playing well.

The personalities in the locker room are too vanilla and bland. There's not enough fire or passion, it's no surprise that intensity is lacking in each game. Zucc is probably our feistiest player by a large margin.
its the team Sather built.... its his fault.. he did have that in the 80s.. i guess Sather got soft with his old age

Punxrocknyc19* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2014, 10:02 PM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverTheCap View Post

That's crap. They've outplayed most teams they've played. These last 2 games though they looked like they didn't care.

Old
03-13-2014, 10:02 PM
Dactyl

Quote:

I don't remember that at all. This feels like the same bs this fan base has been spewing since we won the cup.

Dactyl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2014, 10:03 PM
Clausewitz

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDirtyH View Post
I wish AV would call him out a bit to the media like he did Kesler (though I thought that was over dramatized). Maybe then we'd see a reaction.

For me the main reason these games are frustrating is that I know we're a better team than this. I know Nash is a better player than what he showed tonight. Last season he and Step carried this team, and while Step seems to be turning the corner a bit, both look totally lost. I wish I knew why we can't ever seem to find guys who bring it every season besides Callahan, Girardi, McDonagh, Hank. None of those guys are scorers though...
Agreed 100 percent.

Clausewitz is offline   Reply With Quote