Closed Thread

Old
10-02-2003, 07:54 AM
Guy Flaming
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Guy Flaming Send a message via Skype™ to Guy Flaming
I will interview for you

Hello, I am the HF writer who covers the Oilers.

I will be at the game tonight (and probably Saturday) and will likely have the opportunity to interview some of your players too if you'd like me too. (Prospects only!)

So if you have a question for Betts, Kobasew, Krahn or anybody else... post your question here and I'll do my best to get answres for you. I will supply the CGY HF writer with the quotes and he/she can write a story up for you.

No $ questions and no questions for vets please. Remember the focus of HF.

Old
10-02-2003, 09:20 AM
haugmi01

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyF
Hello, I am the HF writer who covers the Oilers.

I will be at the game tonight (and probably Saturday) and will likely have the opportunity to interview some of your players too if you'd like me too. (Prospects only!)

So if you have a question for Betts, Kobasew, Krahn or anybody else... post your question here and I'll do my best to get answres for you. I will supply the CGY HF writer with the quotes and he/she can write a story up for you.

No $ questions and no questions for vets please. Remember the focus of HF.
Kobasew: How do you feel after scoring a hat-trick on the oilers?
Krahn: Congratulations on your shut-out!

Old
10-02-2003, 10:46 AM
LeeMo

Wake Up!! Wake Up!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by haugmi01
Kobasew: How do you feel after scoring a hat-trick on the oilers?
Krahn: Congratulations on your shut-out!

You MUST be dreaming!!!!

Hey Guy, could you ask Andrew Ference about what it's like playing in front of a home town crowd packed with lots of family and friends??? Also, how different is it playing in Calgary, than on his first team, The Pittsburgh Penguins??

Old
10-02-2003, 11:42 AM
Phanuthier*

Hey, I'm at that game too, I'm in 208 somewhere in row 36 and 37 (me and 15 friends bought 2 rows)

To Krahn, what do you think was the main cause that turned your career around. And where will he play if he gets sent down?

To Kobasew, what does he forsee as his biggest challenge this coming season (ie. skating, speed, strength, consistancy ect)

To Betts, what are his stat predictions.

Old
10-02-2003, 12:31 PM
looooob

thanks for the offer guy.

Krahn: Like splats said, I'd be interested to know what he thinks turned his career around

Kobasew: how would he view this season as a success? simply sticking with the club all year or certain statistical benchmarks?

Lombardi: how far away does he think he is. does he feel he can be a top 6 forward in the NHL by next year? what does he need to work on to get there

Betts: what role has he been told to expect this year. simply a 4th line energy/bang and crash type, or are their offensive expectations on him as well

Commodore/Montador/Wallin. same question for all. what do they need to do to begin top 6 defencemen in this league

Old
10-02-2003, 01:51 PM
Flames Draft Watcher

Krahn's been injured for most of the past two seasons. The reason for his resurgence is that he's gotten over the injuries finally. He was an elite WHL goaltender before he suffered the injuries and showed he was an elite WHL goaltender after he overcame them. I don't really see a career turnaround...

Old
10-02-2003, 02:12 PM
Guy Flaming
HFB Partner

Thanks guys, I'll see what I can get for you.

There's nothing like a healthy CGY VS EDM rivalry but there's no need to be jerks about it right. Anything I can do to get answers for you guys this weekend I will.

Old
10-02-2003, 02:43 PM
looooob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames Draft Watcher
Krahn's been injured for most of the past two seasons. The reason for his resurgence is that he's gotten over the injuries finally. He was an elite WHL goaltender before he suffered the injuries and showed he was an elite WHL goaltender after he overcame them. I don't really see a career turnaround...
fair enough I suppose. I guess there has been talk about a change of style to accomodate his injury history, and also there must have been some share of mental adversity having been cut adrift by the Hitmen. I know the guy didn't come out of nowhere, but I'm interested in hearing how him describe his journey over the last 12-24 months

Old
10-02-2003, 04:11 PM
Phanuthier*

Well to be honest, I thought he wasn't really tested in his draft year (yeah, that again) - I think there's more to it then that. Who did he work with? The change of style was brought up by me, how when he does the butterfly, he puts less pressure on his knees - was he simply just accomidating to that, that's why he struggled with the Hitman last season? Timing?

Please try and get past Krahn's "well I was just trying to get consistancy and confidense" cause I knwo there's more to it than that.

Old
10-02-2003, 04:35 PM
zoidberg

Could you ask Robert Dome questions? That would make me everso happy.

like, 'Describe your play in camp/exhibition,' 'what are your goals,' 'think you can make team'?

or questions like that. Thanks Guy, you're an asset to the HF community.

Old
10-02-2003, 09:31 PM
Guy Flaming
HFB Partner

As you can imagine, the Flames weren't all that talkative after the game. The only guy who I was after that became available was Blair Betts. I will be sending his quotes to the CGY HF writer later tonight or early tomorrow. I will attempt to talk to more guys on Saturday night.

Old
10-03-2003, 07:01 AM
looooob

Quote:
As you can imagine, the Flames weren't all that talkative after the game. The only guy who I was after that became available was Blair Betts. I will be sending his quotes to the CGY HF writer later tonight or early tomorrow. I will attempt to talk to more guys on Saturday night.
thanks for the effort. too bad, because even though the Flames stunk the joint out, by all accounts a number of the so called prospects including Dome,Saprykin,Ference etc acquitted themselves ok. hopefully guys will be more talkative on Saturday

Old
10-03-2003, 01:11 PM
Guy Flaming
HFB Partner

OMG... not sure who gave you the game report but Ference was the worst player on the ice!

Aside from holding his own in a pretty good tilt with Raffi Torres, Ference was brutal. I was in the press box sitting next to a fella and every time a Flame D-man coughed up the puck or was turned into a pylon we looked at each other and said "was that Ference AGAIN?"

He was bad. Leopold was bad. Lydman was bad.

Saprykin's hilight of the night was going head over heels after Staios hip checked him.

No, the good players for CGY were guys like Kobasew, Dome, Green and at times Lombardi (nice speed).

Saturday should be a better game though as both teams are expected to ice close to opening night rosters. This game had good players from both teams sitting out.

Once Edmonton got up 6-0 they started experimenting with their PK and stuff and it allowed CGY back into the game. It wasn't as close as the score makes it seem.

Hemsky embarrassed CGY's D all night, albeit it guys like Regehr and Gauthier weren't dressed. Saturday should be better.

Old
10-03-2003, 02:30 PM
looooob

Quote:
OMG... not sure who gave you the game report but Ference was the worst player on the ice!Aside from holding his own in a pretty good tilt with Raffi Torres, Ference was brutal. I was in the press box sitting next to a fella and every time a Flame D-man coughed up the puck or was turned into a pylon we looked at each other and said "was that Ference AGAIN?"

He was bad. Leopold was bad. Lydman was bad.

Saprykin's hilight of the night was going head over heels after Staios hip checked him.

No, the good players for CGY were guys like Kobasew, Dome, Green and at times Lombardi (nice speed).

Saturday should be a better game though as both teams are expected to ice close to opening night rosters. This game had good players from both teams sitting out.

Once Edmonton got up 6-0 they started experimenting with their PK and stuff and it allowed CGY back into the game. It wasn't as close as the score makes it seem.

Hemsky embarrassed CGY's D all night, albeit it guys like Regehr and Gauthier weren't dressed. Saturday should be better.
hehe I hadn't read a game report when I posted this morning, just heard that he got in a fight and scored a goal and assumed he was good...I since learned he was bad...very bad.
Saprykin though I had heard was making some stuff happen, obviously I was misinformed

Old
10-04-2003, 08:48 PM
Guy Flaming
HFB Partner

Better game by the Flames tonight compared to Thursday and they got a gift goal for the winner from Jason Smith. Much better game from Ference but Commodore was better. McCammond tried to play tough for the coach but, tough he ain't.

I was able to talk to Chuck Kobasew and Mike Commodore afterwards and I will pass their comments along to Lawrence Bailey tonight or tomorrow morning.

Cheers,

GuyF in EDM

Closed Thread