HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Why has lars eller regressed so hard.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-15-2014, 01:59 PM
  #76
LyricalLyricist
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,160
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
Similar ES role, but you are far off in terms of PP minutes/opportunity. Desharnais was already averaging similar/more PP while Eller was producing in those first 21 games (1:30 - 2:00/game).
Watsa, are you referring to DD's PP time then vs Eller's PP time now? Then yes I agree because DD started year on PP but Eller took over for a while. BTW, DD wasn't averaging 1:30/2:00 PP TOI a game in first 21 games.

Again, I said similar, not identical. I think the ES role is the most important, I have no issue with whoever playing PP because defensive strength isn't a must there. So if they deem Eller to be more productive on PP they should put him there no issue from me.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2014, 02:05 PM
  #77
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate
 
One Man Rock Band's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Habville
Country: Canada
Posts: 43,824
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
Watsa, are you referring to DD's PP time then vs Eller's PP time now? Then yes I agree because DD started year on PP but Eller took over for a while. BTW, DD wasn't averaging 1:30/2:00 PP TOI a game in first 21 games.

Again, I said similar, not identical. I think the ES role is the most important, I have no issue with whoever playing PP because defensive strength isn't a must there. So if they deem Eller to be more productive on PP they should put him there no issue from me.
I wish they'd just put White, Moen, and Prust on on the PP... it won't change anything. Dump the puck, retrieve it, pass it to Markov (who will or will not pass it to Desharnais or Plekanec, only to get it right back), wait until Subban likes his line, shoot.

Rinse and repeat. The forwards rarely matter with our PP.

In fact, our PP might improve with speedy grinders on it because they might be better at retrieving the puck on the dump.

It's not a coincidence that our PP looked better with Bouillon and Emelin last game. And Bouillon is far from a player I want on the PP.

One Man Rock Band is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2014, 02:13 PM
  #78
LyricalLyricist
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,160
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkguy View Post
I wish they'd just put White, Moen, and Prust on on the PP... it won't change anything. Dump the puck, retrieve it, pass it to Markov (who will or will not pass it to Desharnais or Plekanec, only to get it right back), wait until Subban likes his line, shoot.

Rinse and repeat. The forwards rarely matter with our PP.

In fact, our PP might improve with speedy grinders on it because they might be better at retrieving the puck on the dump.

It's not a coincidence that our PP looked better with Bouillon and Emelin last game. And Bouillon is far from a player I want on the PP.
Essentially our PP isn't very dynamic. Anyone can pass it to Subban really but someone with quick hands can hold possession longer to make the play to Subban at least so White and company is a little overboard but yah forwards aren't really the focus of the PP. With we had a little more action in close though.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2014, 02:21 PM
  #79
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service
 
Watsatheo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,279
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
Watsa, are you referring to DD's PP time then vs Eller's PP time now? Then yes I agree because DD started year on PP but Eller took over for a while. BTW, DD wasn't averaging 1:30/2:00 PP TOI a game in first 21 games.

Again, I said similar, not identical. I think the ES role is the most important, I have no issue with whoever playing PP because defensive strength isn't a must there. So if they deem Eller to be more productive on PP they should put him there no issue from me.
Nope, I mean DD's PP time then vs Eller's PP time then. That's the only time these 2 ever were close in averaging similar PP time. Just pointing out PP time for Eller now vs DD then is not remotely close.

He was averaging that in first 21 games, that's why many were suggesting he had special treatment that none other would receive.

Desharnais: http://www.fantrax.com/playerProfile.go?pId=015p2
Eller: http://www.fantrax.com/playerProfile.go?pId=005ho
Galchenyuk: http://www.fantrax.com/playerProfile.go?pId=02b79

They show splits of PP time/ PK time.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2014, 02:26 PM
  #80
evilstanley
Registered User
 
evilstanley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: montréal, stie
Country: Hungary
Posts: 511
vCash: 500
i doubt Eller has a high hockey IQ.
he has the athletic ability and size, though, but not the hockey brain.

my 2 cents.

evilstanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2014, 02:27 PM
  #81
dkdanielkli
GO HABS GO
 
dkdanielkli's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,623
vCash: 204
Send a message via Skype™ to dkdanielkli
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilstanley View Post
i doubt Eller has a high hockey IQ.
he has the athletic ability and size, though, but not the hockey brain.

my 2 cents.
He has hands better than half this team. Not sure what you are smoking.

__________________
Sens players beat up 5'8" Habs players, they are praised. Subban beats up a small Sens player, he's a coward, he's spot picking, he's this, he's that, he's too NBA, he's too NFL, cocky, classless, etc, etc, etc.... You guys are too much.
dkdanielkli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2014, 02:33 PM
  #82
Jigger77
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,952
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkdanielkli View Post
He has hands better than half this team. Not sure what you are smoking.
He has a lot of skills. Good speed, he's physical, decent hands like you say.

But that's not the same as hockey IQ. He does have all the tools for sure though.

Jigger77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2014, 02:43 PM
  #83
Count of DannyKristo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Vancouver, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,165
vCash: 500
Terrible hockey sense. Some good physical tools. A frustrating player to watch.

Count of DannyKristo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2014, 02:48 PM
  #84
yianik
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,888
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebinne4pres View Post
How would you feel if you had spent 3 years playing in a tight defensive system with guys like Darche, Lapieere, Palushaj, Moen and cie.

Never complained,.

Then when you finally outproduced the top center on this team, you finally get the ice-time he was looking for since 3 years. Then while doing a great job, it's all been taking away from you and it's all be given to that center doing nothing , the same one you outproduced TWICE.

(In a contract year nonetheless)

How the **** can you be motivated after that?
How can you feel confident after that?
How can you tell yourself, i'm gonna give my best out there and i'll be rewarded?

What? You expect Eller to outproduced DD again without PP, without good linesmates? That already happened , and it should've been enough for Eller to get the job until he loose it or DD steal it back. But either happened

Therrien's favoritism happened.

Eller is playing like crap.....but this is what Therrien diserve.....cause Therrien threat him like crap!
Great post. Last year Eller dug himself out of the 4th line and had gone beyond earning his shot when he got it, but only do to an injury.

I am not going to dump on DD, I am glad he got going and is doing well. I am glad MT figured out what was needed. Having said that MT needs to do the same for Eller and the no brainer obvious thing to do is reunite the EGG line since that is where Eller had his greatest success. And no , not for a period, or a game, but 5-6 games anyway.

Lets not forget that while Eller is not a 1st line center , he showed he could be an awesome 3rd line center and maybe a 2nd line center, or at least fill in on the 2nd line if need be. He is big, he hits and is young. Also 53% on face-offs.We scream about wanting to be bigger and more physical, well , here he is. Our biggest center.

Maybe last years good play and his good start this year was an aberration, don't know for sure of course ( my bet is because he is a pretty good hockey player ) , but instead of repeating the same stupid mistake of getting rid of our young guys without giving them every chance , every chance, MT needs to get his stuff together and try helping this kid succeed. May also get Gally going.


Last edited by yianik: 03-15-2014 at 02:56 PM.
yianik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2014, 02:51 PM
  #85
LyricalLyricist
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,160
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
Nope, I mean DD's PP time then vs Eller's PP time then. That's the only time these 2 ever were close in averaging similar PP time. Just pointing out PP time for Eller now vs DD then is not remotely close.

He was averaging that in first 21 games, that's why many were suggesting he had special treatment that none other would receive.

Desharnais: http://www.fantrax.com/playerProfile.go?pId=015p2
Eller: http://www.fantrax.com/playerProfile.go?pId=005ho
Galchenyuk: http://www.fantrax.com/playerProfile.go?pId=02b79

They show splits of PP time/ PK time.
First off, thanks for the site, been looking for this for a while.

You're right about DD's PP time being 1:30-2:00 on average. I got 1:32 avg over 19 games(he was benched twice so didn't divide by 21).

I gotta disagree about him getting similar/more though. The numbers show Eller got 2:14 on average for 21 games.

Afterwards however, the spread was more in DD's favour, no doubt about that.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2014, 02:56 PM
  #86
24rings
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: mtl
Posts: 242
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockjngo View Post
actually Gretzky would make Bourque into a 40 goal scorer even if Bourque misses 200 open net chances.

Easily, could see him hit 50 maybe 60.

24rings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2014, 03:02 PM
  #87
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate
 
One Man Rock Band's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Habville
Country: Canada
Posts: 43,824
vCash: 500
Love Eller's spirit. Hope the kid turns it around;

“I don’t hope for things,” he said flatly. “I don’t care who I play with. I think a good player can play with anybody. I like playing with those guys, but I’ll play with anybody.”

One Man Rock Band is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2014, 03:23 PM
  #88
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service
 
Watsatheo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,279
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
First off, thanks for the site, been looking for this for a while.

You're right about DD's PP time being 1:30-2:00 on average. I got 1:32 avg over 19 games(he was benched twice so didn't divide by 21).

I gotta disagree about him getting similar/more though. The numbers show Eller got 2:14 on average for 21 games.

Afterwards however, the spread was more in DD's favour, no doubt about that.
Well I looked at the months, October/November they were pretty similar.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2014, 03:26 PM
  #89
cphabs
It complels you!
 
cphabs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: WNY
Country: United States
Posts: 733
vCash: 500
He plays for us?

cphabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2014, 04:08 PM
  #90
Bacchus1
Registered User
 
Bacchus1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Seoul, Korea
Posts: 660
vCash: 500
Low hockey sense and drive. He has the physical tools, but lacks the killer instinct. He seems to be going through the motions.

Bacchus1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2014, 04:20 PM
  #91
BLONG7
Registered User
 
BLONG7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Nova Scotia
Posts: 12,328
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus1 View Post
Low hockey sense and drive. He has the physical tools, but lacks the killer instinct. He seems to be going through the motions.
MT has crushed his spirit...

BLONG7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2014, 04:24 PM
  #92
habitue*
 
habitue*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,252
vCash: 500
He regressed so hard because he is not that good to start with.

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2014, 05:33 PM
  #93
Habs
Registered User
 
Habs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,268
vCash: 500
Because most of you praised him as some sort of elite prospect.. but he has never played with any jam or intensity for more than 2 games in a row. The love for Eller here has been pathetic.

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2014, 06:38 PM
  #94
djpass
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Country: Canada
Posts: 116
vCash: 500
He's in a very bad slump but he'll never be the guy most here keep imagining.

He's got very good skills but is not a dominant kind of player and even less the kind of guy that makes others look good. His hockey sense and vision is below par. As a centreman that truly hurts him.

The day he'll fully accept the kind of player he should be, he'll become a top notch 3rd line center for this team.

djpass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2014, 09:19 PM
  #95
Winter Eclipse
Registered User
 
Winter Eclipse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: New York, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,472
vCash: 500
He cued up the comeback today...

Winter Eclipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2014, 09:21 PM
  #96
Tyrus
5 ft 8 in.
 
Tyrus's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Montreal.
Country: Canada
Posts: 862
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter Eclipse View Post
He cued up the comeback today...
Eller played a terribly sub-par game tonight, no matter if he scored or not.

Tyrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2014, 09:22 PM
  #97
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate
 
One Man Rock Band's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Habville
Country: Canada
Posts: 43,824
vCash: 500
Good first period, terrible next 30. Pretty damn awesome in goals #2 and #3. He looked happy at the end of the game and that's a good thing.

Let's go baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrus View Post
Eller played a terribly sub-par game tonight, no matter if he scored or not.
Very, but W.E hates Desharnais so he'll pump up anything to hate on him. If you go to the DD thread in the next 24 hours, he'll say that DD sucks cause he almost missed or something.

One Man Rock Band is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2014, 09:23 PM
  #98
Count of DannyKristo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Vancouver, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,165
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter Eclipse View Post
He cued up the comeback today...
Clutch. Empty net tap in he almost fanned on. Haha

Good to see him bust the slump though. Hopefully things start to go WAY better from here on and he cuts out all those killer penalties.

Count of DannyKristo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2014, 09:24 PM
  #99
hockeyfan2k11
Registered User
 
hockeyfan2k11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 9,128
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrus View Post
Eller played a terribly sub-par game tonight, no matter if he scored or not.
I don't think so. He was up and down. he made some good plays that did not show up on the score sheet. Still think he should get more ice time with better linemates. He had better linemates and scored a goal tonight.

hockeyfan2k11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2014, 09:30 PM
  #100
Kriss E
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 23,276
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrus View Post
Eller played a terribly sub-par game tonight, no matter if he scored or not.
Considering the way he was playing for the past 20+ games, I'd say he had an amazing game.

Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:41 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.