HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Pittsburgh 0-4 Philadelphia | Terriblis Venatus

Closed Thread

Old
03-15-2014, 03:49 PM
Olli Guacamole

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedCapp View Post
I slept.

How did Despres look? It was his fault, right?
Yeah, he got stuck inside the Flyers' net so the Penguins couldn't get any goals.

Old
MrBurgundy
Time to move forward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jag68Sid87 View Post
I guess the questions become:

- Who wants Dupuis on Line 1, Bylsma or Shero?
- Who wants Craig Adams on the team, Bylsma or Shero?
- Who wants guys like Despres and Megna in the AHL, instead of the NHL, over guys like Orpik and Pyatt, Bylsma or Shero?
- Who wants Fleury as the starting goaltender, Bylsma or Shero?
It's questions like these that lead me to believe Shero has a hand in a lot of this too. Man I wish we had got Chiarelli instead of Shero...

Old
KIRK

Quote:
I guess the questions become:

- Who wants Dupuis on Line 1, Bylsma or Shero?
- Who wants Craig Adams on the team, Bylsma or Shero?
- Who wants guys like Despres and Megna in the AHL, instead of the NHL, over guys like Orpik and Pyatt, Bylsma or Shero?
- Who wants Fleury as the starting goaltender, Bylsma or Shero?

Personally, I think they both want all of the above. Shero had a chance to completely disassociate himself from what we perceive as the 'Bylsma Way' last summer. Instead, he completely endorsed it all, by bringing back Bylsma and extending him, by bringing back Fleury and not even providing the franchise with a 1A to challenge him after the Vokoun blood clots, by re-signing Adams to that ridiculous two-year extension and by re-signing Dupuis to that ridiculous four-year extension.

So now, I really don't see any difference between the two men. This team is on BOTH of them. This is their model. Their creation. Both of them are to blame for Jarome Iginla currently playing for Boston, not Pittsburgh. They're both to blame for Despres being consistently screwed over by the team. They're both to blame for leaving Megna down on the farm when we clearly need the help. They're both to blame for the constant endorsing of Orpik, and the constant snubbing of Bortuzzo (to name two). They're both to blame for Taylor Pyatt, though clearly Shero is more to blame here.

I really don't think you can disassociate one from the other anymore, mainly because Shero refused to disassociate himself from Bylsma when he had the chance. So now it's a package deal.

That's why we need to clean house.
Let us pray.

Old
MeticulouslyDishevel

I would laugh so hard if Bylsma ever got replaced by a coach like Torts.

*players come onto ice with wiffle ball equipment* "Hey coach, should we play wiffle ball before or after moustache boy?"

Torts: "WTF you ****** ********** ********* ********* ********* ****** ***** ******* ********* *****ers"

Old
03-15-2014, 03:50 PM
Shockmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrolley325 View Post
took a terrible early penalty to open the floodgates
To be fair, Rinaldo should have gone to the box too, or the refs should have just let it go both ways.

Old
66-29-33

Can't wait untill DB gets **** canned! It will be a wonderful day.

Old
IcedCapp
IcedCapp The White

Quote:
LOL i was awake for that penalty, this is either sarcasm or you're a joke

Old
Captain Hook
Olli Määttä

Don't know whether to laugh or cry at that performance. I can't call it shocking though. You can't be missing Kunitz, Neal and Bennett on the wing and Martin and Letang on the back end and see no drop off. The injuries are really starting to catch up to them.

In the little bit of this I could stand to watch I thought Goc played pretty well.

Old
03-15-2014, 03:51 PM
Shockmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeticulouslyDishevel View Post

*players come onto ice with wiffle ball equipment* "Hey coach, should we play wiffle ball before or after moustache boy?"

Torts: "WTF you ****** ********** ********* ********* ********* ****** ***** ******* ********* *****ers"
Oh no no no. That's going too far the other way. The Penguins need someone that's somewhere in the middle between Bylsma and Torts as far as coaching styles go. Laviolette is one that comes to mind.

Old
MrBurgundy
Time to move forward

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColePens View Post
- DB's use of players: You see what happens when you let good players PK? Philly gets more chances than we do on our powerplay as they kill off our penalties. It sucks.
Which creates momentum for you, and saps momentum for the other team. This is what ****ing dumbfounds me when people don't want more offensive players on the PK. Shorthanded goals can change the entire complexion of a game or a series. ****ing pathetic.

Old
Jag68Sid87
Nothing Else Maattas

Quote:
B.S. to that, I say. Look, EVERYBODY here complains that the front of our net is basically a picnic for the opposition, and has been virtually all season. Despres is the one defenseman on this team who consistently reminds opponents that the front of the net is not a place to venture freely. I applaud that penalty and would want him to do that over and over again. If you can't send messages like that, with the league's top PK, then what's the use of showing up at all? At least Despres shows up.

Of course, Bortuzzo would show up as well, but usually it's in street clothes.

Old
03-15-2014, 03:52 PM
MeticulouslyDishevel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockmaster View Post
Oh no no no. That's going too far the other way. The Penguins need someone that's somewhere in the middle between Bylsma and Torts as far as coaching styles go. Laviolette is one that comes to mind.
Oh I completely agree. I would just love to see it though.

Old
IcedCapp
IcedCapp The White

Quote:
B.S. to that, I say. Look, EVERYBODY here complains that the front of our net is basically a picnic for the opposition, and has been virtually all season. Despres is the one defenseman on this team who consistently reminds opponents that the front of the net is not a place to venture freely. I applaud that penalty and would want him to do that over and over again. If you can't send messages like that, with the league's top PK, then what's the use of showing up at all? At least Despres shows up.

Of course, Bortuzzo would show up as well, but usually it's in street clothes.
Besides, it was in the first 5 minutes. How the **** does that "open the floodgates."

Be a bit more tough mentally, kids.

Old
NastyNick

I'm going to guess those guys are sitting in their lockerroom right now in dead silence. They'll pack up their ****. Mope all the way to the bus and on the ride back, and get ready to do it all again tommorrow.

The team misses guys like Guerin, Recci.. and even Vokoun. Someone who will pop off and say something.

Old
03-15-2014, 03:53 PM
ColePens
Global Moderator
Your Savior

Send a message via AIM to ColePens
Jay's Telestration... ****ing hilarious. He blames Joey V for the defense letting Vinnie get behind them.

Wow. I've seriously heard it all now.

Old
MrBurgundy
Time to move forward

Quote:

And the players would proceed to tell the coach "**** you too" and walk off the ice unfortunately.

Old
hiptanaka

Old
IcedCapp
IcedCapp The White

Quote:
Originally Posted by NastyNick View Post
I'm going to guess those guys are sitting in their lockerroom right now in dead silence. They'll pack up their ****. Mope all the way to the bus and on the ride back, and get ready to do it all again tommorrow.

The team misses guys like Guerin, Recci.. and even Vokoun. Someone who will pop off and say something.
16 more days til mustache boy

Old
66-29-33

Quote:

Neal: Can i take a nap instead of practise? Bylsma let me and calls them maintenence days.

Torts: GO **** YOURSELF!! i'm going to whoop your candy ***** into shape you lazy *****!

Crosby: Malkin is making fun of me.

Torts: I'M NOT YOUR ****IN MOTHER, deal with it your ****in self.

Old
03-15-2014, 03:54 PM
KIRK

Quote:
+ Goc (50% on faceoffs): Thought the guy played tremendous actually. Good battle level and good work ethic. I liked his game.

+ Megna: Got in front of the net and busted his ass hard. I like the way Megna plays.

+ Glass: At least he tried to stir the pot and get under the skin of others.

- Sutter 3/10 (30% faceoffs): Just ****ing horrible battle level.

- Malkin/Sid: Didn't show up.. turnover central

- DB's use of players: You see what happens when you let good players PK? Philly gets more chances than we do on our powerplay as they kill off our penalties. It sucks.
This, this, and this.

And, yet I'll ask YOU the same question I asked during the game:

When you set your best players up to fail, should you really be surprised when they do when it matters most?

Don't get me wrong. I'm excusing them no more than I would've excused them in January 2009, but these guys-- not just them but the whole team-- look so hopelessly out of position and outnumbered all over the ice and in all situations.

They are making bad decisions. But, I think the more appropriate way to describe what they did today is make the worst possible decisions when confronted only with a host of bad options far, far too often.

Old
MrBurgundy
Time to move forward

Quote:
Jay's Telestration... ****ing hilarious. He blames Joey V for the defense letting Vinnie get behind them.

Wow. I've seriously heard it all now.
The media does everything in their power to prop up the players that suck, and tear down the players that are actually decent.

Old
ColePens
Global Moderator
Your Savior

Send a message via AIM to ColePens
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBurgundy View Post
Which creates momentum for you, and saps momentum for the other team. This is what ****ing dumbfounds me when people don't want more offensive players on the PK. Shorthanded goals can change the entire complexion of a game or a series. ****ing pathetic.
Aka Jordan Staal's Game 4 (or was it 3?) SCF SHG? It looked like we were going to lose and boom... momentum changer.

Old
03-15-2014, 03:55 PM
IcedCapp
IcedCapp The White

aren't turn overs kind of expected from Sid and Geno?

Sid is down 2 wingers, Geno was down one winger. Chemistry doesn't get off the bus, especially with those two.

Old
Waffle Fries

Tortorella is the last thing this team needs.

Old
KIRK

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBurgundy View Post
Even when they didn't score, the pressing created momentum.

Quote:
Aka Jordan Staal's Game 4 (or was it 3?) SCF SHG? It looked like we were going to lose and boom... momentum changer.
And seconds before Geno had a chance.

Only out because he came out from a 5 on 3. Bylsma never noticed.

Closed Thread