HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Pittsburgh 0-4 Philadelphia | Terriblis Venatus

Closed Thread

Old
03-15-2014, 03:13 PM
Randy Butternubs
Makin Bacon Pancakes

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankM95149 View Post

The Penguins won
Thanks

Old
zhenyas most fly rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBurgundy View Post
It's questions like these that lead me to believe Shero has a hand in a lot of this too. Man I wish we had got Chiarelli instead of Shero...
I need a reminder on this.

Wasn't Shero Boston's number one guy and since they couldn't get him they had to 'settle' for Chiarelli ?

Did the Pens chose Shero over Chiarelli or was Chiarelli even an option at the time?

Old
MrBurgundy*
Time to move forward

Quote:

The Penguins won
That was taken from Bylsma's game notes manilla folder. Those imaginary goals and all.

Old
03-15-2014, 03:14 PM
KIRK

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtlPenFan View Post
I have to admit, part of me was smiling at the way the Sharks played periods 2 and 3 against us the other day.

It's so painful watching another team play exactly how you wish your team would.
The Flyers did it today.

Funny. Remember October and November.

Flyers knew Lavs time was done. Great coach. Reached his expiration date. Could've thrown good money after bad but decided to pull the plug to give the team as much of a chance to get its collective **** together as possible.

Took two good months, and look what happened.

Better still, we've talked here about what Lou has done in NJ twice. Knew his team had no chance to win a cup and fired his coach twice. Once, he did it with a month left in the season and his team first in the division but playing .500 hockey.

Look, sometimes those moves work. Sometimes they don't. But, there's a time when trying to do something is better than continuously banging your head on a wall and wondering why the outcome always is a headache. The Pens reached that point two years ago.

Old
66-29-33

Quote:

The Penguins won
Team plays better with an injury depleated roster. Crosby 10 goals 12 assists.

Old
MrBurgundy*
Time to move forward

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhenyas most fly rep View Post

Wasn't Shero Boston's number one guy and since they couldn't get him they had to 'settle' for Chiarelli ?

Did they chose Shero over Chiarelli or was Chiarelli even an option at the time?
I can't remember the exact details anymore, but I think we chose Shero first and then Boston, who wanted Shero, got Chiarelli instead.

Old
03-15-2014, 03:15 PM
MeticulouslyDishevel

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedCapp View Post
As Fordy said earlier: making me mod is just a stepping stone to me eventually becoming head coach of the Penguins. A vote for me is a vote for sanity. A vote for me is a vote for Sid and Geno on the PK. Despres and Bortuzzo on the ice. Orpik in the press box. Glass and Adams in the AHL.

A vote for me is a vote for change.

Change we can believe in.

I'm Emperor IcedCapp, and I approve of your approval of this message.
I'm only voting for you if you do this:

Old
03-15-2014, 03:16 PM
KIRK

Quote:

The Penguins won
Penguins with as many goals that didn't go in as recorded shots.

Old
03-15-2014, 03:16 PM
MrBurgundy*
Time to move forward

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIRK View Post
The Flyers did it today.

Flyers knew Lavs time was done. Great coach. Reached his expiration date. Could've thrown good money after bad but decided to pull the plug to give the team as much of a chance to get its collective **** together as possible.

Better still, we've talked here about what Lou has done in NJ twice. Knew his team had no chance to win a cup and fired his coach twice. Once, he did it with a month left in the season and his team first in the division but playing .500 hockey.

Look, sometimes those moves work. Sometimes they don't. But, there's a time when trying to do something is better than continuously banging your head on a wall and wondering why the outcome always is a headache. The Pens reached that point two years ago.
Oh well I guess. Looks like we're going to go yet another year before anything changes at this point.

Old
03-15-2014, 03:17 PM
IcedCapp
IcedCapp The White

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeticulouslyDishevel View Post
I'm only voting for you if you do this:

I pasted it into YT to figure it out.

I'm doing that dance right now.

Old
66-29-33

Quote:

Did the Pens chose Shero over Chiarelli or was Chiarelli even an option at the time?
Imagine how the Pens would look? we would look so different and be extremly tough to beat. We would not have the depth the Bruins do, but we would have some tough SOB's on the roster like Lucic probably, probably would have drafted Kessel or Toews at the Staal draft.

Old
KIRK

Quote:

Last minute, Shero decided he didn't want to work for Jeremy Jacobs.

Perhaps Jacobs told him that he'd be held accountable.

True story, though: Two openings, Boston and Pittsburgh, and Shero, Chiarelli, and Nill were finalists for both, I believe.

Old
03-15-2014, 03:18 PM
Shockmaster

Quote:
The Flyers did it today.

Actually, it was less than a month. Claude Julien was fired April 2, 2007 by the Devils. Lou did it because despite being first in the conference, he didn't feel the Devils were ready for the playoffs.

At this point, they might as well give Martin a chance.

Old
03-15-2014, 03:18 PM
Darth Vitale
Transitional Period

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waffle Fries View Post
Tortorella is the last thing this team needs.
I'd take Torts over Bylsma any day of the week. He's not ideal but he'd be a smarter coach when it counts. He'd also rip Rossi and the dunce-brigade Pittsburgh media a new one, which would be "visa priceless". He's already shown once in his career that he can take two premiere talents, surrounded with mostly OK talent, and make a winner out of them.

Also I'm not going to hold too much stock on this one. Kunitz and Neal out... was a given we weren't going to score much. Our defense blew and there's no excuse for that but it happens.

Expectations, expectations, expectations. Remember who we are and not who we'd like ourselves to be.

Old
03-15-2014, 03:19 PM
KIRK

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66-29-33 View Post
Imagine how the Pens would look? we would look so different and be extremly tough to beat. We would not have the depth the Bruins do, but we would have some tough SOB's on the roster like Lucic probably, probably would have drafted Kessel or Toews at the Staal draft.
Boston picked three slots after the Pens in 2006.

Pittsburgh took Staal, Sneep, and Strait in the first three rounds.

Boston took Kessel, Lucic, and Marchand.

Better draft picks, and better long term asset management of the top pick for Boston, and it's not even close.

Old
03-15-2014, 03:21 PM
MrBurgundy*
Time to move forward

Quote:

Better draft picks, and better long term asset management of the top pick for Boston, and it's not even close.
Like I said. Chiarelli would have been the much better choice. This team would be so much better with the way he's constructed Boston. Can you imagine Sid and Geno with those wingers instead of the trash they've had to play with their entire careers for the most part? Throw Neal in there too, because I'm sure GMJN would have still made that stupid trade, and nobody would have said no to that.

Marchand - Crosby - Kessel
Lucic - Malkin - Neal

Old
KIRK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockmaster View Post
Actually, it was less than a month. Claude Julien was fired April 2, 2007 by the Devils. Lou did it because despite being first in the conference, he didn't feel the Devils were ready for the playoffs.

At this point, they might as well give Martin a chance.
He fired Ftorek with about a month, replaced him with Robinson, and the Devils won the cup.

The Julien thing was the second time he did it and that time he went behind the bench himself because he didn't like the alternatives (and I think Robinson didn't want to do it).

Old
MtlPenFan

Quote:

Oh, and an organizational "We don't give a **** what the rest of the league thinks about how dirty we are" helped too.

Old
03-15-2014, 03:22 PM
Shockmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBurgundy View Post
Like I said. Chiarelli would have been the much better choice. This team would be so much better with the way he's constructed Boston.
It might not look as bad if Shero would stop hoarding all these young defensemen and starts trading them for young forwards.

Old
03-15-2014, 03:23 PM
Polaris Husky
The North Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtlPenFan View Post
Oh, and an organizational "We don't give a **** what the rest of the league thinks about how dirty we are" helped too.
They also had NO problems screaming at us over the Matt Cooke stuff, despite all of that.

Old
03-15-2014, 03:24 PM
MrBurgundy*
Time to move forward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockmaster View Post
It might not look as bad if Shero would stop hoarding all these young defensemen and starts trading them for young forwards.
The defensemen he's hording have no value though because he continually brings in players to play over them, and extends the coach that institutes it all.

Old
03-15-2014, 03:24 PM
Shockmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikaru Kitsune View Post
They also had NO problems screaming at us over the Matt Cooke stuff, despite all of that.
The Bruins are hypocrites, but they don't care. Maybe the Penguins should stop caring as well. What everybody else thinks hasn't helped this team in recent years.

Old
03-15-2014, 03:25 PM
KIRK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Vitale View Post
I'd take Torts over Bylsma any day of the week. He's not ideal but he'd be a smarter coach when it counts. He'd also rip Rossi and the dunce-brigade Pittsburgh media a new one, which would be "visa priceless". He's already shown once in his career that he can take two premiere talents, surrounded with mostly OK talent, and make a winner out of them.

Also I'm not going to hold too much stock on this one. Kunitz and Neal out... was a given we weren't going to score much. Our defense blew and there's no excuse for that but it happens.

Expectations, expectations, expectations. Remember who we are and not who we'd like ourselves to be.
Well said on all counts.

Only thing left for you here is to deal with IcedCapp, that wanna be 'Emperor' who's running around ASKING for power. What kind of a Darth does that?

Old
66-29-33

Quote:

No neal or Kunitz though but the team we would have had with Kunitz would have been pretty decent, Kunitz was a monster when we got him.

Old
strandvag

A shame sandwich with a side order of ****

Closed Thread