HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Here come the Boston Bruins ...

Old
03-16-2014, 09:55 AM
Ladyfan
Miss you Savvy !

vCash: 130
As a B's fan I am scared about the payoffs without Seids.

It is too early...Who knows what will happen.

Not many of us thought the B's would win in 2011

Not many of us thought the B's would get past the Pens last year.

What I really like about the B's is they play as a team rather than just having a couple of "stars" . They are like a band of brothers who will stand up for each other. They are so fun to watch.

03-16-2014, 10:00 AM
DarrenBanks56

vCash: 500
wouldnt be surprised at cup final or first or second round exit.
their d worries me. 4 of 6 dmen having their first full playoffs is concerning to me as a bruins fan

DarrenBanks56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2014, 10:06 AM
Trap Jesus

Rank near the top in nearly every statistical category, #3 offense, #2 defense, no reliance on shootout wins, more playoff experience than any team in the league as of late (9 series and 54 playoff games in the last 3 seasons, and 14 series and 85 playoff games in the last 6 seasons), ridiculous consistency the entire year, yet apparently they can't compete against the teams out West.

Trap Jesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2014, 10:08 AM
Shrimper
Trick or ruddy treat

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teemu Salami View Post
I wouldn't mind watching Bruins vs Hawks part 2. It's a very real possibility imo.
No thanks. Different teams would be nice.

I predict though that Boston will emerge from the East.

Shrimper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2014, 10:12 AM
Dabruins

Playing great hockey right now and are a much more balanced team than last year. Having said that its seems like this core struggles in the first round..... so i will say either first round upset or another run at the cup. Cant wait for the actual season to start!

Dabruins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2014, 12:22 PM
CDJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by wKetch22 View Post
You oddly enough picked some of the worst performers in last years playoffs

Seidenberg was horrrrrrible in the Chicago series

Seguin was invisible the entire playoffs

Peverley was a shadow of his former self

Jagr was ok, couldn't buy a goal though

Ference was actually not horrible though, so maybe we will miss him yeah

I would have been more concerned about losing Horton

You also failed to mention who we gained (Iginla>regular season Horton, Smith>playoff Seguin, Soderberg>Peverley, Eriksson>Jagr)

With the exception of Horton they have some pretty small shoes to fill
Ference was pretty brutal in the Cup IMO

The Bruins are a contender. I do believe they are the best in the East, but as we all know with the playoffs anything can happen.

CDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2014, 12:35 PM
Squantosawuss

Quote:
Originally Posted by SensBruins4Ever View Post
Will make the stanley cup finals again imho.
...and when they roll into the Blues in the SCF, there should be some fireworks.

Squantosawuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2014, 12:46 PM
ChocolateLeclaire

Hawks-Bruins 2 incoming.

ChocolateLeclaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2014, 12:54 PM
missingchicklet

This year's Bruins are more formidable than last year. The additions they made are superior to what they lost. Iginla is better than Horton. Eriksson is coming into his own after recovering from two concussions. Smith has overachieved. Krug is more experienced and absolutely deadly. The loss of Seidenberg was big, though, considering he was playing the best hockey of his career before his injury. Meszaros was a good pickup who so far has shown he fits in well with the system, so the Bruins do have some depth now at D. Boychuk has steadily improved all year and is now playing lights-out. Throw in all the other usual suspects and you have a team that could definitely make the finals. Beating the best from the West, though, could prove tricky.

missingchicklet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2014, 12:58 PM
racecar*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladyfan View Post
As a B's fan I am scared about the payoffs without Seids.

It is too early...Who knows what will happen.

Not many of us thought the B's would win in 2011

Not many of us thought the B's would get past the Pens last year.

What I really like about the B's is they play as a team rather than just having a couple of "stars" . They are like a band of brothers who will stand up for each other. They are so fun to watch.
rask is not a team player. he blames other teammates when he lets in goals. i remember last year (i think it was in the playoffs, not sure) he gave a dirty look to one his defencemen when he allowed a goal. sorry but that doesn't seem like a team player to me.

racecar* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2014, 01:02 PM
ZARTONK
Headscratcher!

As a Habs' fan I am both terrified and really not scared by Boston. I'm terrified because they're an amazing team, I don't think anyone can argue that. But at the same time, if there's one team Montreal can beat no matter the skill level of both teams it's Boston.

Disregarding the last game, these teams rarely dominate against the other. On any given night, a game between Montreal and Boston can go either way.

ZARTONK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2014, 01:02 PM
Trap Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by racecar View Post
rask is not a team player. he blames other teammates when he lets in goals. i remember last year (i think it was in the playoffs, not sure) he gave a dirty look to one his defencemen when he allowed a goal. sorry but that doesn't seem like a team player to me.
They've had success with him as both a back-up and a starter so it doesn't seem like he affected his team negatively in either role.

While I think the whole "gave his teammates dirty looks" thing is way overblown, there's definitely some credence to him having an attitude, I won't deny that. Still, it's not enough to really affect anything.

Trap Jesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2014, 01:33 PM
racecar*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trap Jesus View Post
They've had success with him as both a back-up and a starter so it doesn't seem like he affected his team negatively in either role.

While I think the whole "gave his teammates dirty looks" thing is way overblown, there's definitely some credence to him having an attitude, I won't deny that. Still, it's not enough to really affect anything.
yea i dont think his attitude affects the team. but i just think its funny because bruins fans go on and on about how the bruins are all team players and how they put the team first blah blah blah but rask, who is one of the ppl most responsible for thier success is totally not a team player. just funny observation.

Old
03-16-2014, 01:34 PM
ORRMAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trap Jesus View Post

You do know you're responding to RapidFire's new alter ego, right? He's not very good at masking his writing style or passion and venom for the Leafs and Bruins, respectively. The only way some posters can gain credence is to create a new user and come in and support themselves. Pretty sad.

ORRMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2014, 01:42 PM
missingchicklet

Quote:
yea i dont think his attitude affects the team. but i just think its funny because bruins fans go on and on about how the bruins are all team players and how they put the team first blah blah blah but rask, who is one of the ppl most responsible for thier success is totally not a team player. just funny observation.
LOL, cannot tell if serious. Watch the show called Behind the B this year, which shows a behind the scenes look at the Bruins. Pretty sure Rask is a team player and the rest of the team loves the guy. Also, despite putting up great stats since he's been in Boston he accepted the backup role behind Thomas and was a total team player. Thomas was not lights out all the time at Boston yet Tuukka never complained. Dude is a total competitor and his team loves him for it.

Old
03-16-2014, 01:47 PM
racecar*

Quote:
Originally Posted by missingchicklet View Post
LOL, cannot tell if serious. Watch the show called Behind the B this year, which shows a behind the scenes look at the Bruins. Pretty sure Rask is a team player and the rest of the team loves the guy. Also, despite putting up great stats since he's been in Boston he accepted the backup role behind Thomas and was a total team player. Thomas was not lights out all the time at Boston yet Tuukka never complained. Dude is a total competitor and his team loves him for it.
umm im sorry but everything i've seen from rask shows that hes a bad teammate. i don't think he's a cancer or anything but please, a goalie cannot blame his teammates for the goals he allows. i dont watch many bruins games, but im pretty sure last year in the playoffs he gave dirty looks to his OWN teammate for a goal that was HIS fault. ive never seen a goalie do this as much as rask. rask is a great goalie but he needs to learn to be a team player and he should keep his attitude in check.

Old
03-16-2014, 01:48 PM
nbwingsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfgang Krauser View Post
Meh.

No Seidenberg, Seguin, Peverly, Jagr or Ference. They're going to miss these 5 in the playoffs.
I'm sure they are going to miss Seguin and his 1 goal in the playoffs last year.

Iginla> Jagr
Smith> Pevs
E> Seguin in the playoffs last season
Bigger roles from Krug and Hamilton will offset the loss of Ference

The only true loss is Seidenberg, who admittedly is a huge loss.

They should have no trouble making it out of the East, but will certainly have trouble winning against some of those West teams.

nbwingsfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2014, 02:01 PM
missingchicklet

Quote:
umm im sorry but everything i've seen from rask shows that hes a bad teammate. i don't think he's a cancer or anything but please, a goalie cannot blame his teammates for the goals he allows. i dont watch many bruins games, but im pretty sure last year in the playoffs he gave dirty looks to his OWN teammate for a goal that was HIS fault. ive never seen a goalie do this as much as rask. rask is a great goalie but he needs to learn to be a team player and he should keep his attitude in check.
Pretty sure he's "learned" to be a team player. Name one goal this year where he's blamed a teammate. You can't because it hasn't happened. One goal that you perceived him blaming his teammate last year is not exactly a trend. When Rask gets emotional it's because he's mad at himself. Plenty of goalies do that.

Old
03-16-2014, 02:03 PM
Luigi Lemieux

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmbr_24 View Post
That just doesn't seem likely. Maybe the Penguins could win the series, but their D has injuries and the way have been playing is more wide open and allows teams plenty of chances.
Pittsburgh would get annihilated against Boston unless something changes quick. Pens only chance this year is if they manage to avoid Boston and Philadelphia in the east, and some cinderella team like Minnesota comes out of the west.

Luigi Lemieux is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2014, 02:06 PM
racecar*

Quote:
Originally Posted by missingchicklet View Post
Pretty sure he's "learned" to be a team player. Name one goal this year where he's blamed a teammate. You can't because it hasn't happened. One goal that you perceived him blaming his teammate last year is not exactly a trend. When Rask gets emotional it's because he's mad at himself. Plenty of goalies do that.
i haven't watched the bruins this year but im pretty sure it happened. even the cbc guys were like he blames his teammates. in my opinion, a goalie should NEVER blame his teammates. remember that weird luongo goal earlier in the season. luongo could have blamed his teammates but he didn't. im pretty sure if that was rask, he would've.

Old
03-16-2014, 02:11 PM
Dellstrom
Pastrnasty

vCash: 1150
Quote:
i haven't watched the bruins this year but im pretty sure it happened. even the cbc guys were like he blames his teammates. in my opinion, a goalie should NEVER blame his teammates. remember that weird luongo goal earlier in the season. luongo could have blamed his teammates but he didn't. im pretty sure if that was rask, he would've.

Dellstrom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2014, 03:06 PM
Braunbaer
also a giraffe

Don't want any part of the Habs or Leafs and it's not unlikely they'll meet one of those in the first round.

Overall the Bruins are the best team in the East, but there are teams that caan bet them head-to-head. (especially Montreal)

Don't count on the Bruins sweeping the Pens if they meet again.

Braunbaer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2014, 03:54 PM
PatriceBergeronFan
Dismayed B's Fan

vCash: 583
Quote:
Another blind Bruins hater. Tell me, are you a Canucks fan also?

Rask takes the blame almost too often for poor team efforts when it's not even his fault. He may be odd but he's a good teammate, just expects teammates to want to win as much as he does.

PatriceBergeronFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2014, 04:06 PM
BruinLVGA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemons View Post
It that time of season where they become this ridiculous rolling juggernaut ? They've had some easy competition in their recent rout, but Jarome Iginla is having a silently great season with them. I donno man, I don't see how they aren't the cup favorite right now
This has just made my jinx-radar go nuts. Bruins fans, lets collectively touch wood!

BruinLVGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2014, 04:23 PM
3rdLiner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZARTONK View Post
As a Habs' fan I am both terrified and really not scared by Boston. I'm terrified because they're an amazing team, I don't think anyone can argue that. But at the same time, if there's one team Montreal can beat no matter the skill level of both teams it's Boston.

Disregarding the last game, these teams rarely dominate against the other. On any given night, a game between Montreal and Boston can go either way.
Yeah this is true, I'd rather not see your smirfs in the playoffs (kidding not that small anymore). Speed absolutely kills this team. I just wonder if a speed team could keep it up for 7 games against boston with Chara, Lucic, Miller, Boychuck, Iggy, Soderberg and so on wearing on you every night.

Chicago was faster than Boston but not entirely dependent on speed that is why I think the Bruins lost last year. Oh yeah and that debacle and the end of game 6.

3rdLiner is offline   Reply With Quote