HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sun., Mar. 16, 2014| Flyers 4 at Penguins 3

Old
03-16-2014, 09:33 PM
Crescent Street
Saturday Nite Hockey

vCash: 500
Definitely one of the sweetest feelings as a Flyer fan to take this team down in back 2 back games. One thing I am worried of is the emotional let down that usually follows these games. Looking back at the "series" we were wiped of any passion when we played the B's 2nd round. I sincerely hope this team can find it within them to not lose sight.

Crescent Street is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2014, 09:36 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Ground Beef Invictus

I think Pierre has a clear Pens bias, especially with his tendency to wear Pens colored ties whenever they're playing, but he also loves scouting and talent stuff.

03-16-2014, 09:40 PM
Striiker
I hate zebras

I said this in the GDT but I thought it was really cool that Pierre mentioned that when Homer was trying to get Read to sign here he brought him out to a Flyers playoff game. I'd never heard that before and if it's true that's pretty interesting.

Pierre can be pretty annoying, but Doc/Eddy are on another level of bias. They get audibly upset when the Flyers do something well and get super excited when the opponent scores. It's pretty pathetic, especially since other teams fans notice it too.

Striiker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2014, 09:54 PM
onlylordsvsmorebp
#gudassnipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Striiker View Post
I said this in the GDT but I thought it was really cool that Pierre mentioned that when Homer was trying to get Read to sign here he brought him out to a Flyers playoff game. I'd never heard that before and if it's true that's pretty interesting.

Pierre can be pretty annoying, but Doc/Eddy are on another level of bias. They get audibly upset when the Flyers do something well and get super excited when the opponent scores. It's pretty pathetic, especially since other teams fans notice it too.
i thought that was a great story too and pretty smart by homer.not too many other arenas have that kind of energy-hard for read not to be impressed.

also so obvious who doc/eddy are rooting for.

eddy is huge homer for blackhawks too.

i know he played for them,but still,at least try to be objective.

onlylordsvsmorebp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2014, 09:59 PM
healthyscratch

vCash: 633
Listen to the goals in sequence, it's pretty disgusting. Doc is more excited about MAFs save right before Schenn's goal.

http://www.nbcsports.com/hockey/nhl/...flyers-win-4-3

healthyscratch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2014, 10:01 PM
Hollywood Couturier
Eagles That Quack

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlylordsvsmorebp View Post
i thought that was a great story too and pretty smart by homer.not too many other arenas have that kind of energy-hard for read not to be impressed.

also so obvious who doc/eddy are rooting for.

eddy is huge homer for blackhawks too.

i know he played for them,but still,at least try to be objective.
Eddy is the Blackhawks announcer. I can't understand how he's allowed to do the Nat'l games when the Hawks play in them.

"I Came Here To Bury Caesar, Not Praise Him" - Roy Halladay
Hollywood Couturier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2014, 10:11 PM
Adam Warlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by healthyscratch View Post
Listen to the goals in sequence, it's pretty disgusting. Doc is more excited about MAFs save right before Schenn's goal.

Yeah there is definitely more excitement when the Pens score. I remember in the 2012 series Doc actually got pissed off when G scored a goal and said something like "oh well they score anyway"...mean while anything Pens is THEY SCOOOOOOOOOOORE.

I think Pierre just genuinely loves the game, I dont think hes biased. He'll drool over Crosby and Malkin sure, but he always has good things to say about G and the Flyers too.

Adam Warlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2014, 10:19 PM
FlyersFan61290

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
I actually don't mind Pierre personally, he's an odd guy & fun to make fun of but he's not as dumb as some people think he is.
That gif of him rubbing up on a guy in a big penguins suit is one of the funniest things I've ever seen posted on this site. Right up there with the OV xbox360 gif.

FlyersFan61290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2014, 10:32 PM
CSKA1974

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYERSFAN18 View Post
The fact that Downie continues to be on the 2nd power play unit while Read sits on the bench continues to baffle me. Maybe its because Read plays so much on the penalty kill that they don't want to wear him out?
That what Flyers P by P announcers said a few games back, but I am not sure that's entirely true.

CSKA1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2014, 10:43 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan61290 View Post
That gif of him rubbing up on a guy in a big penguins suit is one of the funniest things I've ever seen posted on this site. Right up there with the OV xbox360 gif.

The Pierre/Billy Madison gif was a classic.

LegionOfDoom91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2014, 12:51 AM
Butch 19
King me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemy View Post
Malkin is such a *****. Simmonds would wreck your ****. Crosby came to the rescue to make sure his little rat teammate didn't get pounded.
How was this not a topic on the main board?

I don't see a lot of Malkin, but what I do see, he's always hitting or slashing late at anyone near him, and the end of today's game was no exception. Or is this such a common occurance in the east that it's no big deal anymore?

I certainly hope that Simmonds has got his whacks in on Malkin over the last few seasons.

Butch 19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2014, 01:23 AM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Ground Beef Invictus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butch 19 View Post
How was this not a topic on the main board?

I don't see a lot of Malkin, but what I do see, he's always hitting or slashing late at anyone near him, and the end of today's game was no exception. Or is this such a common occurance in the east that it's no big deal anymore?

I certainly hope that Simmonds has got his whacks in on Malkin over the last few seasons.
No, every fan of Atlantic teams (the newcomers in the Metro will learn) knows Malkin is an incredibly dirty player. Knees, slewfoots, slashing, elbows, all are a constant from him. We all know about it but NOBODY discusses it in the media.

Beef Invictus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2014, 01:40 AM
flyersfan018

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by healthyscratch View Post

What is that awful music in the background? Good lord.

flyersfan018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2014, 01:45 AM
MadFerIt95*

Is there any video of the end of the game mini scrum?

MadFerIt95* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2014, 02:11 AM
tymed

I hope Neal never skates again. Just watched the hit on Coots a cpl times over again, makes you have some sick thoughts.

tymed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2014, 02:32 AM
MadFerIt95*

Quote:
Originally Posted by tymed View Post
I hope Neal never skates again. Just watched the hit on Coots a cpl times over again, makes you have some sick thoughts.
Agreed, Flyers fans need to direct more of their collective hate towards Neal and a little less towards Crosby. Neal is much more of a dirtbag than Crosby is.

MadFerIt95* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2014, 08:12 AM
Hiesenberg

The Pens would absolutely hate a first round matchup against the Flyers. They may still win it, but they would leave battered.

Hiesenberg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2014, 09:41 AM
renberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
Malkin is an incredibly dirty player. Knees, slewfoots, slashing, elbows, all are a constant from him. We all know about it but NOBODY discusses it in the media.
Every dog has their day and he will get his. So will Neal, Kunitz and a few others on that team. It happens to every cheap shot artist and when it happens its emphatic. Just ask Ulf Samuelsson. It may be legal or not but it does happen.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckcnbaqWqqI

renberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2014, 09:43 AM
Hiesenberg

Can somebody post Pre Couturier Numbers for Malkin & Crosby and Post Couturier numbers?

The kid does an amazing job disrupting those guys.

Old
03-17-2014, 09:53 AM
kudymen
Sophomore human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiesenberg View Post
The Pens would absolutely hate a first round matchup against the Flyers. They may still win it, but they would leave battered.
I think it would be quite similar in our case. Remembering the 2012 Devils series

kudymen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2014, 10:05 AM
Protest
C`est La Vie

Quote:
Can somebody post Pre Couturier Numbers for Malkin & Crosby and Post Couturier numbers?

I'm pretty sure the change is noticeable. As much as Carter and Richards were talked about as being very good two way players, they were never able to slow down Malkin or Corsby like Couturier has these past 3 seasons.

Protest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2014, 10:10 AM
Hiesenberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by kudymen View Post
I think it would be quite similar in our case. Remembering the 2012 Devils series
I agree, but the Flyers aren't Cup favorites like the Pens always are. And if the Flyers aren't going to win, I'd sure like to make sure the Penguins don't.

Old
03-17-2014, 10:12 AM
kudymen
Sophomore human

Quote:
I agree, but the Flyers aren't Cup favorites like the Pens always are. And if the Flyers aren't going to win, I'd sure like to make sure the Penguins don't.
Fair enough

kudymen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2014, 11:11 AM
onlylordsvsmorebp
#gudassnipe

Quote:
taking them out is the second best thing.absolutely.
Quote:

that would be cool to see.big difference.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tymed View Post
what a disgustingly dirty hit.coots hits a guy clean.neal attacks him.sounds fair.**** off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
No, every fan of Atlantic teams (the newcomers in the Metro will learn) knows Malkin is an incredibly dirty player. Knees, slewfoots, slashing, elbows, all are a constant from him. We all know about it but NOBODY discusses it in the media.
dont forget when he flat out punches guys with a gloved fist two feet from the ref and its never ever called.

so to recap-malkin and neal are complete ****ing ******bags.pens ****ing suck.and coots plays awesome hockey against them which makes me ****ing happy.

onlylordsvsmorebp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2014, 01:06 PM
McNasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
I actually don't mind Pierre personally, he's an odd guy & fun to make fun of but he's not as dumb as some people think he is.
I don't dislike Pierre because I think he's dumb, I dislike him because he constantly has to bring up who coached some of these guys when they were teenagers. It's an impressive knowledge base, but I get annoyed hearing about how Zach Parise played with Sidney Crosby at the legendary Shattuck St Mary's Prep School!

McNasty is offline   Reply With Quote