HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Sabres shopping top pick?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-16-2014, 06:54 PM
  #101
M.C.G. 31
Moderator
 
M.C.G. 31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Ottawa
Country: Greece
Posts: 71,734
vCash: 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHudlinator View Post
Would Jankowski + CGY 2015 1st for Buf 2014 1st be of interest to Buffalo? Would allow Calgary to address their #1 defenseman need as well as let them add another top offensive prospect with their own pick and Buffalo gets a chance to have their own pick in 2015, Isle's pick in 2015, and CGY 2015 and gives them a very good chance to get McDavid as well as several other highly touted prospects.
Would the Flames really want to part with that pick though? Ekblad could very well fall to them in this draft anyways, depending on how the lottery goes. I mean, if the Flames could land McDavid, it'd be huge for them.

__________________
M.C.G. 31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2014, 06:58 PM
  #102
TheHudlinator
Registered User
 
TheHudlinator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Victoria,BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,621
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Ambrose View Post
Would the Flames really want to part with that pick though? Ekblad could very well fall to them in this draft anyways, depending on how the lottery goes. I mean, if the Flames could land McDavid, it'd be huge for them.
Agreed it is a huge gamble for both teams. As a Flames fan I'm not sure what I would want to do but the potential of Ekblad + Dal Colle/Draisaitl (for example) could be equally as huge for the rebuild.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2014, 06:59 PM
  #103
Selanne00008
Registered User
 
Selanne00008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: NYC - UES
Posts: 3,816
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHudlinator View Post
Would Jankowski + CGY 2015 1st for Buf 2014 1st be of interest to Buffalo? Would allow Calgary to address their #1 defenseman need as well as let them add another top offensive prospect with their own pick and Buffalo gets a chance to have their own pick in 2015, Isle's pick in 2015, and CGY 2015 and gives them a very good chance to get McDavid as well as several other highly touted prospects.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerz View Post
No...it wouldn't be enough.
It's not enough, but it is the type of trade I'd be looking for.

Selanne00008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2014, 07:06 PM
  #104
Havok89
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,438
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selanne00008 View Post
It's not enough, but it is the type of trade I'd be looking for.
You don't trade a top 2 pick for a future pick that May or may not be better. The only way Buffalo moves it is for a young, elite center is coming back, such as Duchene or Seguin. And there's absolutely no way Colorado or Dallas would do it.

Havok89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2014, 07:08 PM
  #105
jumptheshark
McDavid Headquarters
 
jumptheshark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Lord of HFBOARDS
Country: United Nations
Posts: 70,677
vCash: 533
Quote:
Originally Posted by stokes84 View Post
Legitimate or not, I think this is really fun to talk about. Sabres are a shoe in for a top 2 pick. He says they would ask for two top prospects +. What would it take to get Buffalo to trade that pick?

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=58726
Every team always takes calls and make a few calls to see if anyone is interested in the pick

Here is the thing--until they win the draft they have the first only in theory. BJS were shopping the top pick until the oilers won the lotto

__________________
**Avatar approved by the powers that be***

Last edited by EastonBlues22: 03-17-2014 at 05:43 PM.
jumptheshark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2014, 07:08 PM
  #106
CanadianSharks
Registered User
 
CanadianSharks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 24,511
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroPT View Post
I think that guys like Bergeron,Richards,Carter,Sharp,Seguin et all are franchise players because they can be the face of a franchise. I think Reinhart and Bennett will end up in that category. But they won't be in the Crosby,Tavares mold
Of the bolded, only Bergeron and Seguin can possibly be considered franchise players.

CanadianSharks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2014, 07:09 PM
  #107
Selanne00008
Registered User
 
Selanne00008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: NYC - UES
Posts: 3,816
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok89 View Post
You don't trade a top 2 pick for a future pick that May or may not be better. The only way Buffalo moves it is for a young, elite center is coming back, such as Duchene or Seguin. And there's absolutely no way Colorado or Dallas would do it.
My thought process is I don't want help now. I don't think a uh like seguin fits the build.

Way I would prefer with Calgary is swapping 2014 1st rounders and then they add.

Selanne00008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2014, 07:11 PM
  #108
Kahuna Nanu
Old & Slow NYR
 
Kahuna Nanu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Playing video games
Country: United States
Posts: 62,818
vCash: 50
I mean, honestly, it makes a little more sense this year with the top end of the draft leaving a lot of people wanting more, and with the Sabres likely owning both their own pick and the Isles 1st next year. They could move down and stockpile some more, which I think is the only way the pick is moved. Doubt it's moved for an actual roster player that'll contribute now.

__________________
Kahuna Nanu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2014, 07:24 PM
  #109
ZeroPT*
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,473
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadienShark View Post
Of the bolded, only Bergeron and Seguin can possibly be considered franchise players.
Disagree. WHat has Seguin done to be considered>Sharp,Carter and Richards? The latter can all play 1st line minutes and can be a teams best player. Carter and Richards were the faces of the Philly franchise

ZeroPT* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2014, 07:24 PM
  #110
ManofSteel55
Registered User
 
ManofSteel55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 14,144
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DG View Post
Everyone is always shopping the top pick every year according to Eklund and others... I feel like we have this thread a few times every year between the trade deadline and the time where the team who has the #1 pick uses it.
I think the top pick is always available, but the price is very steep. Any GM will call around to see if the other teams will part with something worthwhile. The pick almost certainly is being shopped, but it likely won't get moved.

ManofSteel55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2014, 07:27 PM
  #111
Havok89
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,438
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selanne00008 View Post
My thought process is I don't want help now. I don't think a uh like seguin fits the build.

Way I would prefer with Calgary is swapping 2014 1st rounders and then they add.
A young #1 elite center signed long term fits any rebuild. But I agree, buffalo shouldn't improve until after the 2015 draft. I wouldn't trade down lower than third overall this year. Sabres need either Reinhart or Bennett.

Havok89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2014, 07:35 PM
  #112
Ron C.
Registered User
 
Ron C.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Amherst, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 2,691
vCash: 370
Very little interest in Jankowski.... Monahan on the other hand......

Ron C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2014, 07:39 PM
  #113
CanadianSharks
Registered User
 
CanadianSharks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 24,511
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroPT View Post
Disagree. WHat has Seguin done to be considered>Sharp,Carter and Richards? The latter can all play 1st line minutes and can be a teams best player. Carter and Richards were the faces of the Philly franchise
Seguin is producing at greater than a PPG pace while being a solid defensive player, and still have room to improve - he's like Galchenyuk in terms of potential (albeit far more developed). Richards and Carter are in the same tier as Pacioretty - not a franchise player type, but still very good first line players. I just compared them to Habs players because those were the first examples I thought of.

CanadianSharks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2014, 07:39 PM
  #114
TheHudlinator
Registered User
 
TheHudlinator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Victoria,BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,621
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron C. View Post
Very little interest in Jankowski.... Monahan on the other hand......
Maybe Jankowski + Ferland or just Klimchuck?

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2014, 07:41 PM
  #115
ZeroPT*
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,473
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadienShark View Post
Seguin is producing at greater than a PPG pace while being a solid defensive player, and still have room to improve - he's like Galchenyuk in terms of potential (albeit far more developed). Richards and Carter are in the same tier as Pacioretty - not a franchise player type, but still very good first line players. I just compared them to Habs players because those were the first examples I thought of.
I would put Richards and Carter ahead of Patches. Max is a very good player but e isn't on the Richards/Carter level. Point is, I think Bennett and Reinhart will be in that tier of top flight, borderline franchise players

ZeroPT* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2014, 07:43 PM
  #116
MagnumForce
Registered User
 
MagnumForce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Upstate New York
Country: United States
Posts: 2,577
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok89 View Post
A young #1 elite center signed long term fits any rebuild. But I agree, buffalo shouldn't improve until after the 2015 draft. I wouldn't trade down lower than third overall this year. Sabres need either Reinhart or Bennett.
This is the only way I think the Sabres would trade the pick. If the 2 teams picking 2nd and 3rd both coveted Ekblad and they got into a bidding war over the 1st overall. This is assuming that TiMur has Reinhart and Bennett tiered almost equally.

MagnumForce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2014, 07:43 PM
  #117
CanadianSharks
Registered User
 
CanadianSharks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 24,511
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroPT View Post
I would put Richards and Carter ahead of Patches. Max is a very good player but e isn't on the Richards/Carter level. Point is, I think Bennett and Reinhart will be in that tier of top flight, borderline franchise players
I disagree with the first bit, but agree that Bennett and Reinhart will be borderline franchise players.

It could go either way with both, but I'd include Draisaitl in that discussion.

CanadianSharks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2014, 07:44 PM
  #118
Ron C.
Registered User
 
Ron C.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Amherst, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 2,691
vCash: 370
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHudlinator View Post
Maybe Jankowski + Ferland or just Klimchuck?
For the 1st or 2nd overall pick???? No thank you.

Ron C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2014, 07:45 PM
  #119
ZeroPT*
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,473
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadienShark View Post
I disagree with the first bit, but agree that Bennett and Reinhart will be borderline franchise players.

It could go either way with both, but I'd include Draisaitl in that discussion.
I think he has the tools, similarly to Grigorenko, but he has consistency issues IMO. It's all on the mental side

ZeroPT* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2014, 07:56 PM
  #120
MagnumForce
Registered User
 
MagnumForce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Upstate New York
Country: United States
Posts: 2,577
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHudlinator View Post
Maybe Jankowski + Ferland or just Klimchuck?
I am assuming you're including your 1st which most likely will be the 4th or 5th overall. Not enough in my opinion.

MagnumForce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2014, 07:59 PM
  #121
Selanne00008
Registered User
 
Selanne00008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: NYC - UES
Posts: 3,816
vCash: 500
To Calgary: sabres 1st over and 31st overall in 2014 + another 2nd rounder from minny

To sabres: 3rd overall + 2015 1st

Selanne00008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2014, 08:00 PM
  #122
Havok89
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,438
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selanne00008 View Post
To Calgary: sabres 1st over and 31st overall in 2014 + another 2nd rounder from minny

To sabres: 3rd overall + 2015 1st
Calgary sais no thank you.

Havok89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2014, 08:00 PM
  #123
Howboutthempanthers
Thread killer.
 
Howboutthempanthers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Brow. County, Fl.
Country: United States
Posts: 10,013
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazemlupul View Post
This draft is pretty bad I don't see any franchise players available. If they could actually return two top prospects+ I'd do it. Question is which team has two top prospects they'd be willing to move. I mean if Florida offers hubby,Gudbrandson, and another +, Buffalo would have to think long and hard about that.

Good luck with that.

Howboutthempanthers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2014, 08:00 PM
  #124
Beerz
Registered User
 
Beerz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 23,773
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selanne00008 View Post
To Calgary: sabres 1st over and 31st overall in 2014 + another 2nd rounder from minny

To sabres: 3rd overall + 2015 1st

Calgary wont get the 3rd overall..

Beerz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2014, 08:01 PM
  #125
Selanne00008
Registered User
 
Selanne00008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: NYC - UES
Posts: 3,816
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok89 View Post
Calgary sais no thank you.
Not close at all?

Selanne00008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:30 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2016 All Rights Reserved.