HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Entertainment
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Entertainment Discuss movies, tv shows, music, arts, literature, fashion, and upcoming events, concerts, etc.

MD: Help on a Future Season Project

Closed Thread

Old
08-14-2005, 10:34 AM
discostu

vCash: 500
MD: Help on a Future Season Project

Hey Guys,

Need a little help on a project that I'm working on for next season.

I have a character that is half-Japanese, half-Caucasian. He supposed to be pretty tall and lanky, in his mid-twenties, American raised.

The person that comes to mind is John Cho, however, he's Korean. The movie will take place in Japan, so I figure, casting against ethnic background would stand out more.

The race of the character plays an important role into how he interacts with people, so I'm trying to find the right person for it.

So, does anyone have any suggestions, or should I go for John Cho. Any help is appreciated.

Old
08-14-2005, 01:15 PM
Verbal Kint*

Actually, I have nobody, but I figured I'd steal this one.

I'm doing another Batman project next season (TV this time) and need ideas for a TV level actor to play Batman/Wayne and a myriad of otehr actors for further characters (Alfred, Gordon, Dent/Two-Face, and a bunch of other small part roles).

Old
08-14-2005, 01:26 PM
discostu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master of Puppets
Actually, I have nobody, but I figured I'd steal this one.

I'm doing another Batman project next season (TV this time) and need ideas for a TV level actor to play Batman/Wayne and a myriad of otehr actors for further characters (Alfred, Gordon, Dent/Two-Face, and a bunch of other small part roles).
What type of spin are you planning on putting on it? Campy comedy like the original? Dramatic, action oriented? The beauty of the franchise is that you can go in a lot of different directions, and the actors you choose is what will define it.

Old
08-14-2005, 03:49 PM
Verbal Kint*

Quote:
Originally Posted by discostu
What type of spin are you planning on putting on it? Campy comedy like the original? Dramatic, action oriented? The beauty of the franchise is that you can go in a lot of different directions, and the actors you choose is what will define it.
Well, think Sin City. Its going to be called Batman: Comic Tales or something of the sort and will be a frame for frame adaptation of 3 or 4 of the most famous Batman comics. I'm hoping to sign on Sady Collora as a designer for the project. Character's looks and even actions will change (such as the Joker) so I need someone at least a bit versatile for each role. SO far I'm sitting on Batman: Year One for the first four episodes, The Long Halloween for episodes 5-17 and The Killing Joke as a one-hour season finale.

All of them focus on drama though each does obviously have some action scenes to it.

Old
08-14-2005, 06:20 PM
discostu

Someone that may be of use is David Cubitt. Probably best known for his role in Traders (Canadian TV drama), he left early in that series to try to make a better go of it in Hollywood. I think he may make a pretty good Harvey Dent in that type of film/Two-Face. He's an experienced TV actor, and would fit the role pretty well. He's a guy I've kept in the back of my mind if I had a good role come up for him.

For the Batman, I can see James Badge Dale, probably best known for his role in the third season of 24 as Jack's partner. He acted pretty well in his role. It gives him that TV experience that you need, especially in an action-oriented series.

Hope those suggestions help.

Old
08-14-2005, 08:15 PM
Verbal Kint*

Quote:
Someone that may be of use is David Cubitt. Probably best known for his role in Traders (Canadian TV drama), he left early in that series to try to make a better go of it in Hollywood. I think he may make a pretty good Harvey Dent in that type of film/Two-Face. He's an experienced TV actor, and would fit the role pretty well. He's a guy I've kept in the back of my mind if I had a good role come up for him.

For the Batman, I can see James Badge Dale, probably best known for his role in the third season of 24 as Jack's partner. He acted pretty well in his role. It gives him that TV experience that you need, especially in an action-oriented series.

Hope those suggestions help.
Great help, I was thinking my Wayne/Batman would looking a bit older, but make up does wonders and Collora's a pro.

However, this is going to be a hell of a series to bulk out the cast of, after Dent and Wayne I'll need...

Alfred (thin, middle-aged brit)
Gordon (Average build, middle aged)
The Joker (Might go with Chris Eccleston on this one, he looks the part to a T and has an extensive acting background)
Selina Kyle/Catwoman (Jolene Blalock?)
Carmine (The Roman) Falcone (Tall, medium build, Italian, middle aged)
Salvator Maroni (Middle Aged, medium built, Italian)
Gilda Dent (attractive, 30-40)
Barbara Gordon Sr. (Middle aged, thin, attractive)

And a bunch of cameo (1-3 episodes) appearances...

Johnny Vitti (20-30, fat, Italian)
Sofia Gigante (30ish, tall, square faced, Italian)
Carla Vitti (Middle aged, overweight, short, Italian)
Calendar Man (30+, average built, Hannibal Lecterish)
Alberto Falcone (20-25, tall, thin, Italian)
Mad Hatter (Short, 30-50, thick build)
Scarecrow (Tall)
Poison Ivy (25-35, attractive, thin)
Flass (30ish, tall, muscular)
Commisioner Loeb (Short, fat, old)
The Riddler (Medium height, thin, odd)
Solomon Gruny (might be CGI/trick camera, massive, muscular, hulking character, think Andre the Giant)
Barbara Gordon Jr. (18-25, attractive)

I might post pictures from the comics to give people a better idea of some of the characters looks, but its going to be tough as hell.

Last edited by Verbal Kint*: 08-14-2005 at 08:24 PM.
Old
08-17-2005, 07:00 AM
discostu

Quote:
Hey Guys,

Need a little help on a project that I'm working on for next season.

I have a character that is half-Japanese, half-Caucasian. He supposed to be pretty tall and lanky, in his mid-twenties, American raised.

The person that comes to mind is John Cho, however, he's Korean. The movie will take place in Japan, so I figure, casting against ethnic background would stand out more.

The race of the character plays an important role into how he interacts with people, so I'm trying to find the right person for it.

So, does anyone have any suggestions, or should I go for John Cho. Any help is appreciated.
No one's had any thoughts on this one? Maybe it got lost in the shuffle after MoP hijacked it.

Old
08-17-2005, 05:42 PM
Verbal Kint*

Quote:
No one's had any thoughts on this one? Maybe it got lost in the shuffle after MoP hijacked it.

Old
08-17-2005, 08:50 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 50
Quote:

I can't think of anyone other than John Cho.

Old
08-18-2005, 11:14 PM
Winger98
powers combined

Send a message via Yahoo to Winger98
Quote:
play him with two different people, a Japanese man and a caucasion. You can alternate between views of them depending on the perspective the shot is coming from. In shots where it's largely just us perceiving the character, where we would be focused on him and what he is thinking and doing, just have it played by some japanese actor (haven't seen many japanese films lately, so I'm a bit empty on actor names). When his mixed heritage comes into play, switch to the caucasion. Or, just go with a caucasion guy. Make him really stand out. Someone like Christopher Meloni. I'll see if I can dredge up some japanese films in the next week or so, though, and be of some actual help

Old
08-23-2005, 03:12 AM
Ironchef Chris Wok*

Send a message via ICQ to Ironchef Chris Wok*
I think Daniel Dae Kim (You know, AGENT BAKER!) would be a better choice than John Cho. John Cho has the "goofy reputation" now. It's like casting Sean William Scott for serious movies, he'll always be Stifler.

Old
08-23-2005, 08:09 AM
discostu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironchef Chris Wok
I think Daniel Dae Kim (You know, AGENT BAKER!) would be a better choice than John Cho. John Cho has the "goofy reputation" now. It's like casting Sean William Scott for serious movies, he'll always be Stifler.
DDK is way too old, and doesn't fit the character at all, and I've seen John Cho in Better Luck Tomorrow, where he did in a dramatic role.

Besides, a little goofiness would fit the role to some degree.

Old
08-23-2005, 10:00 PM
Ironchef Chris Wok*

Send a message via ICQ to Ironchef Chris Wok*
What about that Takeshi Junichiro or whatever his Japanese name is?

He's like half everything! (He's fluent in English, Japanese, and Mandarin, and I htink he can speak a little korean too.)

Closed Thread