HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Tarasenko out 6 weeks

Old
03-17-2014, 01:47 PM
LetsGoBLUES91

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by potsos View Post
How do you feel it affects the Blues down the stetch? They will plug Jaskin in -- a kid with enormous upside, size and talent. Big opportunity for him and Magnus PI to assert themselves on a nightly basis. Tarasenko's been terrible since the Olympics, so it's not as bad as it might have seemed earlier in the season, but still blows to lose him until at least the 2nd round. Thoughts?

I actually did all 3 at the same time.

LetsGoBLUES91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2014, 01:50 PM
jgoud

Guy is a band-aid

jgoud is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2014, 01:54 PM
LetsGoBLUES91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad Doty View Post
If there's a team that can absorb the loss of a good forward it's the Blues. So much depth. And I say that with all due respect to Tarasenko's talents.

Long term/deep in the playoffs he'd be missed sorely, but I get the feeling he'll be back by then. Bummer injury for sure, but St. Louis will keep chugging along just fine in the interim.
They're making it seem like at most he will miss the 1st round. Hopefully we can advance and get him back for round 2.

LetsGoBLUES91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2014, 02:07 PM
2 Minute Minor
Hi Keeba!

vCash: 714
Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsGoBLUES91 View Post
They're making it seem like at most he will miss the 1st round. Hopefully we can advance and get him back for round 2.
I think this is being misrepresented.

He's supposed to be re-evaluated 6 weeks after his surgery. Fans are assuming that means he'll be back in the line-up at that point, but we don't know that for sure. The nature of the hand injury also hasn't been shared, so its hard to do more than speculate blindly. I'd say it seems certain he's out for the 1st and probably 2nd round. If the Blues are still in it by that point, maybe he rejoins the team in time to matter.

2 Minute Minor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2014, 02:25 PM
Illinihockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Minute Minor View Post

He's supposed to be re-evaluated 6 weeks after his surgery. Fans are assuming that means he'll be back in the line-up at that point, but we don't know that for sure. The nature of the hand injury also hasn't been shared, so its hard to do more than speculate blindly. I'd say it seems certain he's out for the 1st and probably 2nd round. If the Blues are still in it by that point, maybe he rejoins the team in time to matter.
I'd say he's for sure out the first round and probably the first few games of the 2nd round at best.

Illinihockey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2014, 02:30 PM
TimtheDJ84

vCash: 560
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illinihockey View Post
I'd say he's for sure out the first round and probably the first few games of the 2nd round at best.
After hearing Hitch discuss it today, I disagree. I think he may even push harder and try to be in sometime in round 1. I'm not too worried though, this team played some of their best hockey all year when Steener and Backes went down...

TimtheDJ84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2014, 02:41 PM
Illinihockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimtheDJ84 View Post
After hearing Hitch discuss it today, I disagree. I think he may even push harder and try to be in sometime in round 1. I'm not too worried though, this team played some of their best hockey all year when Steener and Backes went down...
If he's having surgery on Wednesday and won't be evaulated for 6 weeks, that puts him at April 30th. Playoffs start April 16th (I believe). There's no chance he's back for round 1

Old
03-17-2014, 02:49 PM
TimtheDJ84

vCash: 560
Quote:
If he's having surgery on Wednesday and won't be evaulated for 6 weeks, that puts him at April 30th. Playoffs start April 16th (I believe). There's no chance he's back for round 1
I don't question athletes and the ability to bounce back from injury. Adrian Peterson, Stamkos, etc..these players sometimes get crazy recovery. I'm not saying it's plausible,but far from ready to say impossible.

TimtheDJ84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2014, 02:54 PM
sbet1998

Quote:
And yet Reaves was back playing in a game 38 days after his similar injury with the same '6 week re-eval.'

He's young and will be doing everything he can to heal quickly. I think some of you will be surprised.

sbet1998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2014, 03:06 PM
Illinihockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbet1998 View Post
And yet Reaves was back playing in a game 38 days after his similar injury with the same '6 week re-eval.'

He's young and will be doing everything he can to heal quickly. I think some of you will be surprised.
Uh, 6 weeks would be 42 days. So he beat the prognostication by 4 days...what a miracle.

Old
03-17-2014, 04:02 PM
Brad Doty
Compliance Hero

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbet1998 View Post

Agreed, he's young, in peak physical condition, and has access to fantastic medical care. Young professional athletes often heal like freaking Wolverine.

03-17-2014, 04:43 PM
Kshahdoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiba77777 View Post
Like you said, it's secondary scoring. Losing a primary scorer is a key loss. They'll coast through the first round anyways.
Secondary scoring pretty often becomes primary in playoffs because, you know, opponents try to shut down the most dangerous lines.

Kshahdoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2014, 04:46 PM
Kshahdoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Minute Minor View Post

Hm, russian press says he's torn up his thumb ligament.

Kshahdoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2014, 06:28 PM
Steenalizer
Slingshot Engage.

vCash: 915
Quote:
Uh, 6 weeks would be 42 days. So he beat the prognostication by 4 days...what a miracle.
It seems like you might not know the difference between re-evaluation and date to return. Reaves was just suppose to be re-evaluated in 6 weeks, meaning after 6 weeks the doctors would take more X-rays and give a estimation on when he could return to play from there, he returned to play in 5.

Steenalizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2014, 10:04 PM
BlueDream

The Blues will be fine. They have a great team still without Tarasenko, guys like Paajarvi and Jaskin may just need to step up for a bit here. But they should beat a team like Minnesota or Dallas in the first round regardless so as long as they can get Tarasenko back around the 2nd round (which looks to be around his timetable) it's not a big deal. Teams will go through injuries.

BlueDream is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2014, 12:04 AM
Sartorial
#RegisteredUser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiems35 View Post
You haven't been watching the Blues.
My thoughts too. He's a terrific talent.

Sartorial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2014, 12:07 AM
illninofan*
Jimmies = Unrustled

Quote:
Meh. Good player, not a key player. It shouldn't affect them that much.
Beginning to notice a pattern here. First Ott, now Tarasenko.

illninofan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2014, 12:25 AM
skiba77777

So when I say that the Blues are good enough to not be slowed down much by the loss of Tarasenko, that means I'm hating the Blues? Interesting.

skiba77777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2014, 12:52 AM
Dolph Ziggler
IC Champion

vCash: 50
Quote:
So when I say that the Blues are good enough to not be slowed down much by the loss of Tarasenko, that means I'm hating the Blues? Interesting.
Yeah I'm not sure what got some people up in arms about your post in this thread.

I think it's fair to say that Tarasenko is a bit overrated by our own fanbase.

Dolph Ziggler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2014, 01:16 AM
BlueDream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falco Lombardi View Post
Yeah I'm not sure what got some people up in arms about your post in this thread.

I think it's fair to say that Tarasenko is a bit overrated by our own fanbase.
That's an understatement.

BlueDream is online now   Reply With Quote