HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Gamache

Closed Thread

Old
08-16-2005, 09:49 PM
simbot

vCash: 500
Gamache

Quote (From nashvillepredators.com)

Gamache, 24 (1/3/81), was named a First Team AHL All-Star in 2004-05 after leading the Milwaukee Admirals and ranking fifth in the AHL in scoring (29g-57a-86pts). The 5-10, 180-pound Thetford Mines, Que. native also led the Admirals in goals, assists and power-play goals (16) and tied for first with six game-winning goals. Gamache, who was acquired by Nashville from Atlanta with Kirill Safronov for Ben Simon and Tomas Kloucek on Dec. 2, 2001, appeared in seven games with the Predators in 2003-04 and scored his first NHL goal on Jan. 8, 2004 vs. Colorado.

What do you Preds fans think is the most likely scenario for Gamache? Another year in the AHL? A shot with the Preds perhaps? I think he'd be a very effective PP player but he has to overcome his size issue.

Old
08-16-2005, 10:20 PM
quartermaster29

Send a message via Yahoo to quartermaster29
Quote:
Originally Posted by simbot
Quote (From nashvillepredators.com)

Gamache, 24 (1/3/81), was named a First Team AHL All-Star in 2004-05 after leading the Milwaukee Admirals and ranking fifth in the AHL in scoring (29g-57a-86pts). The 5-10, 180-pound Thetford Mines, Que. native also led the Admirals in goals, assists and power-play goals (16) and tied for first with six game-winning goals. Gamache, who was acquired by Nashville from Atlanta with Kirill Safronov for Ben Simon and Tomas Kloucek on Dec. 2, 2001, appeared in seven games with the Predators in 2003-04 and scored his first NHL goal on Jan. 8, 2004 vs. Colorado.

What do you Preds fans think is the most likely scenario for Gamache? Another year in the AHL? A shot with the Preds perhaps? I think he'd be a very effective PP player but he has to overcome his size issue.
Coach and GM (or just Coach?) have already said he is getting a good look this camp. I think the staff like what he CAN bring, small or not.

I liked watching him when he was here (a few games NHL, one AHL game vs. the Americans) and I think (even before hearing management say it) that he will probably be placed on the third line as a winger in camp (he got his goal on the fourth line playing center).

But... he and Upshall will most likely be fighting for the same spot, and I have a feeling that because Upshall was a draft pick it will be his spot to lose in the back of the coaching staff mind.

Old
08-17-2005, 11:36 AM
lstcyr

Knock on wood but I checked and Gamache is 5' 9" and 180 pounds and just turned 24. Martin St. Louis is 5' 9" and 181 pounds and just turned 30. The latter had his first full year in the NHL when he was 24!

Strange but true. Wouldn't it be great if one followed in the footsteps of the other?

Closed Thread