HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Gervais Decision By Friday?

Closed Thread

Old
10-02-2003, 08:01 AM
blitzkriegs

vCash: 500
Gervais Decision By Friday?

According to the "Insider" on the official Isles page:

"Deadline Friday:

The NHL will conduct their annual waiver draft on Friday at noon. Meanwhile, it's also the last day that unsigned junior players claimed in the fourth through ninth rounds can be returned to their junior squads. The fate of D Bruno Gervais, who has been solid throughout training camp and the preseason, is yet to be determined."

http://www.newyorkislanders.com/gameday/insider.html

Old
10-02-2003, 03:40 PM
NYIsles1*

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitzkriegs
According to the "Insider" on the official Isles page:

"Deadline Friday:

The NHL will conduct their annual waiver draft on Friday at noon. Meanwhile, it's also the last day that unsigned junior players claimed in the fourth through ninth rounds can be returned to their junior squads. The fate of D Bruno Gervais, who has been solid throughout training camp and the preseason, is yet to be determined."

http://www.newyorkislanders.com/gameday/insider.html
Blitz,
Good catch. It's not simply a matter of keeping Gervais, Milbury has to sign him to keep him here for a ten game trial.

If tomorrow is the deadline it does not look promising.

Old
10-02-2003, 05:19 PM
Butch#3

Bruno Gervais signed a 3 years/1 450 000$ contract yesterday with a signature bonus of 800 000$. I know it because my french teacher is a scout for the PEI Rockets in the LHJMQ and he highly recommended Bruno to one of the islanders scout at the draft and this scout called him this morning at 6:30 PM to annouce him that he had signed a contract.

Old
10-02-2003, 06:57 PM
chsb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butch#3
Bruno Gervais signed a 3 years/1 450 000$ contract yesterday with a signature bonus of 800 000$. I know it because my french teacher is a scout for the PEI Rockets in the LHJMQ and he highly recommended Bruno to one of the islanders scout at the draft and this scout called him this morning at 6:30 PM to annouce him that he had signed a contract.
I am from Bathurst New Brunswick and this sounds too good to be true.
I'll wait till tomorrow to see if an official source confirms that.
How sure are you?

Old
10-02-2003, 07:07 PM
blitzkriegs

Quote:
Thanks for the info. granted it's hearsay, but we hope that an announced will be made confirming this.

According to this, 3yrs @ 1.45 mil is less than 500K per year. Add in the 800K bonus. Salary analysis: salary appears right for his draft selection. However, that bonus is a little excessive for him. Maybe 350-500K bonus is more reasonable.

Old
10-02-2003, 07:14 PM
Tom Liodice

Send a message via AIM to Tom Liodice
I'm gonna have to wait out on this just so I can believe it a little more. Judging by the way he's been playing and how much his stock has risen, I'm led to believe that this is true, but I'm not totally believing anything until I see any official word on it. But as the day progresses I'll try and have some more information on this...

-TL

Old
10-03-2003, 04:06 PM
Butch#3

sorry but finally im not 100% sure about this info because Bruno's brother also come to my school and this morning when I talked to him he said me that his brother didn't sign...

Old
10-04-2003, 04:13 PM
Jiggs

The Gervais Saga ends with him signing a 3 year contract...but being sent back to the Q.

Old
10-04-2003, 09:28 PM
F. Duchemin

Send a message via MSN to F. Duchemin
Quote:
sorry but finally im not 100% sure about this info because Bruno's brother also come to my school and this morning when I talked to him he said me that his brother didn't sign...
Bruno is my childhood friend and we played together at defense Atome CC hehe. How old you think is brother is?

cause it is not that much...so you must not be too aged.

Old
10-05-2003, 05:56 AM
blitzkriegs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiggs
The Gervais Saga ends with him signing a 3 year contract...but being sent back to the Q.
true - this allows the Isles to call him up after his junior season is over - aka for the NYI playoff run as a 7th d-man...

Closed Thread