HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Notices

Panthers Interested In Curtis Leschyshyn?

Closed Thread

Old
08-14-2005, 01:45 PM
Mogo
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

vCash: 813
Panthers Interested In Curtis Leschyshyn?

OTTAWA SUN: Bruce Garrioch reported Friday the Ottawa Senators decided not to re-sign veteran blueliner Curtis Leschyshyn. It's believed the Pittsburgh Penguins, Phoenix Coyotes, Boston Bruins, NY Islanders and Florida Panthers have expressed interest in him.

Are we really interested in him or is he just linked to us as being an ex Martin player? Do we need him?

Old
08-14-2005, 01:48 PM
CatscratchFever
Cup or bust!

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to CatscratchFever
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogo
OTTAWA SUN: Bruce Garrioch reported Friday the Ottawa Senators decided not to re-sign veteran blueliner Curtis Leschyshyn. It's believed the Pittsburgh Penguins, Phoenix Coyotes, Boston Bruins, NY Islanders and Florida Panthers have expressed interest in him.

Are we really interested in him or is he just linked to us as being an ex Martin player? Do we need him?

We need something. I say bring 'em on over.

Old
08-14-2005, 02:06 PM
Dropkick Alex

I believe he will sign with the Panthers because of Martin, and it will be a good signing.

Old
08-14-2005, 02:10 PM
Mogo
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

900k for 1 year

That's an deal I'd like

Old
08-14-2005, 02:43 PM
Heimy

I'd rather trade for Keith Carney

Old
08-14-2005, 04:36 PM
CatscratchFever
Cup or bust!

Send a message via AIM to CatscratchFever
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heimy
I'd rather trade for Keith Carney
He would work out great here. Problem is Heimy, who would you suggest we part with to get him? Of course it'd be nice to throw spare parts that way but honestly, you got to give to get and who do we have to give that we wouldn't want? I'd part with picks in a heartbeat.

Old
08-14-2005, 04:39 PM
FlaPanthers7

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatscratchFever
He would work out great here. Problem is Heimy, who would you suggest we part with to get him? Of course it'd be nice to throw spare parts that way but honestly, you got to give to get and who do we have to give that we wouldn't want? I'd part with picks in a heartbeat.
Ducks need to dump salary - they might just be after draft picks to get under the cap.

Old
08-14-2005, 05:56 PM
Dropkick Alex

A fourth round pick sound fair?

Old
08-14-2005, 06:03 PM
Jeff Shafer
Established: 1987

Send a message via MSN to Jeff Shafer
I think Curtis would be another decent addition to the blueline, If he comes pretty cheap like Gratton why not give the guy a shot he could be our replacement for Lyle Odelein by the way, whatever happened to us trying to resign him? I liked the way he played hardnose player who left it all out on the ice...

Old
08-14-2005, 06:07 PM
Dropkick Alex

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffshaf
I think Curtis would be another decent addition to the blueline, If he comes pretty cheap like Gratton why not give the guy a shot he could be our replacement for Lyle Odelein by the way, whatever happened to us trying to resign him? I liked the way he played hardnose player who left it all out on the ice...
I thought he signed with someone after we didn't resign him and he's quite old, so maybe he retired.

Old
08-14-2005, 06:36 PM
Heimy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatscratchFever

Like FlaPanther7 said, the Ducks are right up against the cap and will probably need to lighten their payroll a bit.

What I was thinking was, we could offer Kolnik at $600,000 for Carney and his $2.1 million. It's not a fair deal in terms of talent but with the Ducks losing and the Panthers taking on $1.5 million they "might" consider it. Our top 4 d-men look solid but our 3rd pairing scares the bejessuz outta me. Carney would be the perfect answer to a lot of questions.

Of course, if they'd rather have one of Eric Cairns, Alexander Karpovtsev or Joel Kwiatkowski then all the better. They're all cheaply priced too.

Old
08-14-2005, 08:35 PM
Crossbar

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffshaf
Perhaps nobody has signed Odie yet, because they think he'd be too slow for the "new" NHL?

Old
08-14-2005, 08:52 PM
Dropkick Alex

I don't know Heimy at 2.1 million, that's alot don't you think?

Old
08-14-2005, 09:16 PM
JonathanHuberdoh
Maybe.....next year?

Send a message via AIM to JonathanHuberdoh
Curtis Leincision would be a great fit for the Panthers. I'd welcome him with open arms.

Old
08-14-2005, 09:31 PM
Heimy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dropkick Alex
I don't know Heimy at 2.1 million, that's alot don't you think?

For a tough as nails stay at home defenseman who rarely makes a mistake and would play in our top pairing? No, imo he's very fairly priced at $2.1 million. To put him in perspective, I'd rather him than a Derian Hatcher.

A few others (where cap room could be an issue) that I'd be happy to settle for are Colin White and Ruslan Salei.

Old
08-15-2005, 07:42 AM
Jakethesnake

I have reservations about Carneys footspeed...... Id rather take Lechyshon (what a horrible name to spell)

And as for offering Kolnik for Carney, we would have to be freakin' nuts...... ANA are looking to get rid of him, they will basically give him away for free. There is no point giving them a young and CHEAP guy like Kolink, who gave us solid offensive support last year, when a low round draft pick would PROBABLY suffice. I mean, look at what it took for the Kings to get Roenick because Philly needed to dump his salary.

Old
08-15-2005, 09:51 AM
Heimy

Disagree Jake, the ducks aren't trying to get rid of Carney. He's a stalwart on their blueline. Most rumors I've seen have them offering Salei and/or Sykora instead.

As for Kolnik, there may be a place for him with the Panthers as he's got good hands. But he's not the most defensively responsible forward and that could be a problem. He's also smallish...certainly not a lock to make the final roster imo.

Old
08-17-2005, 04:52 AM
Crossbar

Not official yet, but it looks like Curtis Leschyshyn wants and will sign with the Avs.....

http://www.denverpost.com/avalanche/ci_2948079

Quote:
Curtis Leschyshyn, a member of the Avs' 1996 Stanley Cup team, is expected to sign a one-year, $500,000 contract today with Colorado. "I've been looking to come back since I left in 1997," Leschyshyn said Tuesday night. "I've known in my heart that this is the place I wanted to be." Leschyshyn has maintained a year-round home in the Denver area, and recently won a biking competition in the area for his age group.

Old
08-17-2005, 08:45 AM
Clint

Send a message via AIM to Clint
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogo
It's believed the Pittsburgh Penguins, Phoenix Coyotes, Boston Bruins, NY Islanders and Florida Panthers have expressed interest in him.
In other words, Leschysyn will sign with none of these teams.

Old
08-17-2005, 09:34 AM
ratmanfu

Send a message via MSN to ratmanfu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clint

Seems to be the trend lately, eh?

Old
08-17-2005, 11:22 AM
Acadmus

Why on Earth are these players all going back to the teams with which they've had the most success in the past? It makes no sense to me

Old
08-17-2005, 01:19 PM
Mogo
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clint
True

Old
08-17-2005, 07:53 PM
IceKatsRHot

Well, It's official...

Quote:
The Colorado Avalanche have agreed to terms with unrestricted free agent defenseman Curtis Leschyshyn.
Link: http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?ID=133780

So much for him wanting to play with Martin again

Closed Thread