HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Dustin Tokarski sent down to Hamilton

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-17-2014, 04:11 PM
  #1
SB164
Registered User
 
SB164's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: MTL
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,795
vCash: 500
Dustin Tokarski sent down to Hamilton

Dave Stubbs ‏@Dave_Stubbs

Tokarski sent back to #Bulldogs by #Habs #HabsIO

SB164 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2014, 04:21 PM
  #2
Beaker
In My Lab Goggles
 
Beaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: In The Lab.
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,404
vCash: 500
Thanks for the SO Dusty

Beaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2014, 04:34 PM
  #3
CrAzYNiNe
Registered User
 
CrAzYNiNe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,959
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to CrAzYNiNe
If there is a team to play your #3, it's against Buffalo!

CrAzYNiNe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2014, 04:40 PM
  #4
Finnhabs
Rookie User
 
Finnhabs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Turku, Finland
Country: Finland
Posts: 203
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzYNiNe View Post
If there is a team to play your #3, it's against Buffalo!
Or Anaheim? So whats your point??

Finnhabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2014, 04:48 PM
  #5
Tuggy
Registered User
 
Tuggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Saint John
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,116
vCash: 50
Good. He did very well but this means Price is good to go fulltime.

Tuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2014, 04:49 PM
  #6
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston
 
Analyzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Renfrew, ON.
Country: Canada
Posts: 40,766
vCash: 500
Glad he got a shutout and hopefully this doesn't way on his confidence, but I imagine he knew this was coming.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2014, 04:52 PM
  #7
Finnhabs
Rookie User
 
Finnhabs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Turku, Finland
Country: Finland
Posts: 203
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Glad he got a shutout and hopefully this doesn't way on his confidence, but I imagine he knew this was coming.
Yup, it was evident, but now he/we/habs staff know there is some good depth in AHL if we need one. Im glad he got the look in the NHL, he surely deserves it .

Finnhabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2014, 04:56 PM
  #8
PricerStopDaPuck
#PrayForBozon
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Saskatchewan
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,396
vCash: 250
Glad the habs have depth in every position now, a injury won't be as crippling especially in our bottom 6 or bottom pairings.

PricerStopDaPuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2014, 04:58 PM
  #9
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 5,619
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzYNiNe View Post
If there is a team to play your #3, it's against Buffalo!
what about his 42 shot win vs Anaheim?

3 games
2 wins
0 loss
1 shutout
1.84 goals against
.946 sv%

he faced 93 shots in 168 minutes.


he possibly saved Habs playoffs ...those 4 pts are humongous.

Habaneros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2014, 05:04 PM
  #10
Angels
Registered User
 
Angels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Canada
Posts: 131
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
what about his 42 shot win vs Anaheim?

3 games
2 wins
0 loss
1 shutout
1.84 goals against
.946 sv%

he faced 93 shots in 168 minutes.


he possibly saved Habs playoffs ...those 4 pts are humongous.
Honestly...I think we just got really lucky when we played the Ducks....

Not to downplay Tokarski, but yeah we might see him again if Budja gets injured or leaves after this year.

Edit: Unless, you want him to be our #1 over Price

Angels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2014, 05:07 PM
  #11
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 5,619
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angels View Post
Honestly...I think we just got really lucky when we played the Ducks....

Not to downplay Tokarski, but yeah we might see him again if Budja gets injured or leaves after this year.
you might see him in net in playoffs if Price goes down,tendons are a funny animal.


Take a look at his playoff stats in Jr and Ahl,near identical.
1.67 -1,69 goals against
.937 -.939 save %
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/teams/players/bio/?id=6031

Habaneros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2014, 05:09 PM
  #12
Angels
Registered User
 
Angels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Canada
Posts: 131
vCash: 500
But I don't want Price injured again...

Angels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2014, 05:10 PM
  #13
Phil Parent
Is Watching The D
 
Phil Parent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Sorel-Tracy, Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,968
vCash: 50
Tokarski reminded me of Ron Tugnutt.

Small, twitchy and nervous, technically shaky, fights the puck, but he's good enough at fighting the puck that he'll be able to hold a job.

We may have the answer to what happens after Budaj leaves, which, because of his shaky play during Price's injury (and given he doesn't make up for it later) may be at the end of his current contract.

Phil Parent is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2014, 05:15 PM
  #14
Angels
Registered User
 
Angels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Canada
Posts: 131
vCash: 500
I am actually curious if Budja kinda knows whats going to happen...considering they started Tokarski instead of him...

Angels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2014, 05:19 PM
  #15
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 5,619
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Parent View Post
Tokarski reminded me of Ron Tugnutt.

Small, twitchy and nervous, technically shaky, fights the puck, but he's good enough at fighting the puck that he'll be able to hold a job.

We may have the answer to what happens after Budaj leaves, which, because of his shaky play during Price's injury (and given he doesn't make up for it later) may be at the end of his current contract.
I said , 5 games in 7 night on any goalie.....Budaj aint used to that load..

Habaneros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2014, 05:24 PM
  #16
Phil Parent
Is Watching The D
 
Phil Parent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Sorel-Tracy, Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,968
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angels View Post
I am actually curious if Budja kinda knows whats going to happen...considering they started Tokarski instead of him...
To me something that was very telling of how good a person Budaj is: After one of Tokarski's games, probably the Anaheim one, Budaj sat in the room and put over Tokarski in a HUGE HUGE way.

He didn't have to sit there and do it, but he did. Making the guy that could end up taking his job look even better.

Really if the Habs won't sign him back as a player. I wouldn't mind them keeping him as a scout in Slovakia or something.

Phil Parent is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2014, 05:41 PM
  #17
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban
 
Team_Spirit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 20,367
vCash: 700
Good, take a seat Devin 'future considerations' Bustnyk.

Team_Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2014, 05:45 PM
  #18
CrAzYNiNe
Registered User
 
CrAzYNiNe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,959
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to CrAzYNiNe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
what about his 42 shot win vs Anaheim?

3 games
2 wins
0 loss
1 shutout
1.84 goals against
.946 sv%

he faced 93 shots in 168 minutes.


he possibly saved Habs playoffs ...those 4 pts are humongous.
He played well, but let's not kid ourselves here. He played over his head. I am happy to know he will have a great story to tell his grand children one day.

Funny how we forget that Budaj had really great numbers all year until he had to play 3 games in 4 nights, all 3 of which went to OT and one finishing in SO. Not to mention he was probably jet lagged from being in Sochi.

CrAzYNiNe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2014, 06:14 PM
  #19
Mats86
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,132
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Parent View Post
Tokarski reminded me of Ron Tugnutt.

Small, twitchy and nervous, technically shaky, fights the puck, but he's good enough at fighting the puck that he'll be able to hold a job.

We may have the answer to what happens after Budaj leaves, which, because of his shaky play during Price's injury (and given he doesn't make up for it later) may be at the end of his current contract.
We sure add a little depth this summer. If Price does have knee tendonitis? Could be recurring throughout his career. Budai can't hold down the fort if Price goes down long term. Tokarski is likely good as Budai.

Sign a Brodeur to backup Price. Somebody who can play everyday for a month if we have to. Tokarski good 3rd string depth in Hamilton

Mats86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2014, 07:00 PM
  #20
Richiebottles
Big Mike !
 
Richiebottles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 8,622
vCash: 500
He can be our backup once Budaj leaves. I like our goal tending situation ATM.

Richiebottles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2014, 07:31 PM
  #21
Dekar
Registered User
 
Dekar's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Bound Kingdom
Posts: 5,079
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richiebottles View Post
He can be our backup once Budaj leaves. I like our goal tending situation ATM.
We probably have the best depth in the NHL for that position now. Price is our superstar starter, Budaj and Dubnyk were formerly #1's (albeit on bad teams, but they did have a ton of NHL experience before coming here), Tokarski is a formerly highly-touted prospect who's shown in his short stints here that he's a capable starter and is being given time to hone his game in the minors while putting up sparkling numbers, and there's another highly-touted prospect in Fucale who looks to be ready to take his Mooseheads to a second straight Memorial cup on his third straight Q season with under 10 losses, and finally wait for wait for it wait for wait for Robert ****ing Mayer ()!!!!!

Dekar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2014, 07:33 PM
  #22
Richiebottles
Big Mike !
 
Richiebottles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 8,622
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekar View Post
We probably have the best depth in the NHL for that position now. Price is our superstar starter, Budaj and Dubnyk were formerly #1's (albeit on bad teams, but they did have a ton of NHL experience before coming here), Tokarski is a formerly highly-touted prospect who's shown in his short stints here that he's a capable starter and is being given time to hone his game in the minors while putting up sparkling numbers, and there's another highly-touted prospect in Fucale who looks to be ready to take his Mooseheads to a second straight Memorial cup on his third straight Q season with under 10 losses, and finally wait for wait for it wait for wait for Robert ****ing Mayer ()!!!!!
Robert Mayer GOAT AINEC

Richiebottles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2014, 07:39 PM
  #23
The Russian General
Força Portugal
 
The Russian General's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: MTL
Posts: 11,653
vCash: 500
Budaj + Bourque + 2nd

The Russian General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2014, 07:42 PM
  #24
Finnhabs
Rookie User
 
Finnhabs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Turku, Finland
Country: Finland
Posts: 203
vCash: 500
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUAMEcE24LU

No clutch in him eh ?

Finnhabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2014, 07:42 PM
  #25
Tyson
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 3,360
vCash: 500
Tokarski did himself some good professionally! He showed he has NHL potential! He will be back

Tyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:54 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.