HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Official Prudential Center, Surrounding Area & Season Ticket Thread

Closed Thread

Old
03-25-2014, 10:51 PM
Colin226
NJ Devils STH

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reid Boucher View Post
If I were to play it safe... where does one actually buy "1 Day" parking passes? The only ones I see on cars are the full "2014 Permit" passes. Can you buy the 1 Day tags/permits at the ticket machines on the platforms?

Sry for dumb question
I think it depends on the station.. A small one like North Branch has maybe 35 spots and all are reserved for pass holders only I believe, but a large one like Hamilton has a parking deck and you take a ticket when you enter, then pay at a kiosk before leaving

Old
03-25-2014, 11:03 PM
Mr.Krinkle
Hello there children

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reid Boucher View Post
If I were to play it safe... where does one actually buy "1 Day" parking passes? The only ones I see on cars are the full "2014 Permit" passes. Can you buy the 1 Day tags/permits at the ticket machines on the platforms?

Sry for dumb question
Depends on the station, go here:

http://www.njtransit.com/sf/sf_servl...ction=TrainTo#

Find your station in the drop down and click "Get Info" and it will have all the parking info you need and a number to call.

Old
03-25-2014, 11:23 PM
Summer07Devils

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
New York State made that illegal several years ago when the Yankees were cancelling accounts. Now teams cannot punish you in any way for reselling any number of your subscription tickets. New Jersey will be passing that same provision into law in short order
Can't wait to see that passed.

FYI not sure if it has been mentioned but the Devils have cancelled just about every (if not every) brokers seats for next season. $5 million or so in revenue. Can't wait to see Hugh and Eric gone.

Old
03-26-2014, 12:36 AM
BigBlueAndRed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer07Devils View Post
FYI not sure if it has been mentioned but the Devils have cancelled just about every (if not every) brokers seats for next season. $5 million or so in revenue. Can't wait to see Hugh and Eric gone.
[citation needed]

Do you have a link or anything for this? That's a pretty bold move if true. Eric said during the 2012 playoff run that the relationship with the brokers was still necessary. Can the Devils stomach a season or two of dropped attendance while people get used to the (theoretical) higher prices?

Old
03-26-2014, 04:47 AM
NJDevils7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenka View Post
So how would Jagr and others leave the stadium, in a car and not stopping for fans? Does iy make a difference, if it's after a game or after practice?

Also can you please be more specific about the location? I am not familiar with the area where is "the side of the practice arena"?

Thank you!
I've only gone after the game. I've never seen Marty, Elias, Kovy ect come out so I assume they can get straight to their cars without being seen.

This is where they come out after the game, there is a barrier set up for people to wait behind. I'm sure you will see other people waiting there when you get there.

Old
03-26-2014, 05:11 AM
rf1583

On opening night of this season Patty did drive by the line and was signing for people. That was the one night I didn't have my Elias jersey on so it sucked for me but I had him
Sign my brick haha. People were like chasing his car though as he pulled out.

Old
03-26-2014, 10:03 AM
MadDog172430
Sal Apologist

Depending on the outcome of the game, you'll get guys who will stop afterwards. I was lucky enough to get Kovy on a good night, he actually parked his car and went down the entire line. Signed the back of my jersey, it was awesome.

Zubrus and Henrique (in his rookie year) always stopped the few times I went.

Old
03-26-2014, 12:37 PM
Summer07Devils

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlueAndRed View Post
[citation needed]

Do you have a link or anything for this? That's a pretty bold move if true. Eric said during the 2012 playoff run that the relationship with the brokers was still necessary. Can the Devils stomach a season or two of dropped attendance while people get used to the (theoretical) higher prices?
Several friends of mine who are brokers were told they were not allowed to renew for 2014-2015.

Your going to have to take my word for it. I was the first person to break the news about the Club Seats not including food, people questioned it. Ask around or ask a rep at the next game you go to and they'll tell ya no food next year.

Old
03-26-2014, 01:48 PM
Wingman77
Glory Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadDog172430 View Post
Depending on the outcome of the game, you'll get guys who will stop afterwards. I was lucky enough to get Kovy on a good night, he actually parked his car and went down the entire line. Signed the back of my jersey, it was awesome.

Zubrus and Henrique (in his rookie year) always stopped the few times I went.
I've waited once or twice behind the arena after games, but Kovy was always good when it came to the fans in other areas

Old
03-26-2014, 01:55 PM
Devils Dominion
Lou got me picks

The brokers are good for fans that are not season ticket holders.
For example, look at the prices for this Monday's game.
Excellent for fans looking to get in at a low cost.
http://www.stubhub.com/new-jersey-de...-2014-4323784/

With that said, the brokers are bad for season ticket holders who wish to sell a few games.

Old
03-26-2014, 06:43 PM
Lous Special Sauce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils Dominion View Post
The brokers are good for fans that are not season ticket holders.
For example, look at the prices for this Monday's game.
Excellent for fans looking to get in at a low cost.
http://www.stubhub.com/new-jersey-de...-2014-4323784/

With that said, the brokers are bad for season ticket holders who wish to sell a few games.

If the devils fixed their pricing so it was more inline with the market (much lower then it is now) it wouldn't be that much of an issue

Old
03-26-2014, 07:32 PM
YouMyBoyBlue

Does the 30% off at tomorrow's game be use for the jerseys? They said "ice gears".

Old
03-27-2014, 12:27 PM
zap14

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouMyBoyBlue View Post
Does the 30% off at tomorrow's game be use for the jerseys? They said "ice gears".
I don't think so. Earlier in the year they had a night when they discounted jerseys at 25%.

Old
03-27-2014, 03:22 PM
Devils Dominion
Lou got me picks

What is Center Ice gear?

Old
03-27-2014, 03:28 PM
DatBoyJPP
Good Night

The league issued shirts/sweaters/jackets that players and staff wear on the bench and for interviews.

Old
03-27-2014, 03:48 PM
BigBlueAndRed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer07Devils View Post
Several friends of mine who are brokers were told they were not allowed to renew for 2014-2015.
Well, when the seat relocation event comes around this year, that means there should be lots of empty spots then.

Were your broker friends actually making that much of a profit off their investment with the devils?

Old
03-28-2014, 09:06 AM
JKlliment0220
Rookie User

wow

I had an amazing time! Met most of the Coyotes big win with the shootout i seriously had the most amazing time and wanted to thank you guys for all the tips.

Old
03-28-2014, 04:57 PM
Devils86

I will have about 10 weekday games available for the up coming year..Sec 101 R 5..Season ticket price of 30. If you want to jump in and take 7- 10 games you can have your choice of many of the games once the schedule comes out. PM me if interested.

Old
03-29-2014, 05:13 PM
YouMyBoyBlue

Got an update on the 30 Days of Prizes. Rigging at its finest.

Congratulations to our next winners of the 30 Days of Prizes daily contests:

Steven S. from section 22 won a trip for two to the Hockey Hall of Fame,

Arthur M. from section 8 won a private locker room tour,

Robert G. from section 105 won a Movado watch from Fords Jewelers,

and as a special treat we had three winners at yesterday's game, Dennis D. from section 1, Christopher H. from section 121 and Bob G. from section 18- all won an Xbox One!

Today's winner is Diane M. from section 10, who won a visit from Lou to her next business meeting.

I havent seen a STH yet this year from the 200s win.

Old
03-29-2014, 05:58 PM
NJDevs26
Status quo

vCash: 50
Other than the center sections and extreme corners they don't have many sth's in the 200's anyway lol, certainly not as many as they do in the 100's or down below.

Clearly the balls are 'weighted' so to speak, especially with certain prizes...but not always. They wound up giving a RANGER FAN free season tickets a couple years ago. He only really went for Devils-Rangers games and a couple others, gave some tickets to his Devil fan best friend and sold the rest.

btw anyone else here go to the Hockey 101 thing on Friday night? There might have been fifty people there total, I kid you not. Too bad really cause it is a nice setup if you want to chit-chat with Dano/Chico. I saw Chico chatting up handful of fans in the Fire lounge when I got there at like 6:45...he had to leave before 8 cause of 'a dinner date with his wife' (cue the 'awww's). Forget where he said he was going though.

Last edited by NJDevs26: 03-29-2014 at 06:04 PM.
Old
04-01-2014, 04:25 PM
NJDevs26
Status quo

Little late to ask since I'm supposed to be driving in now but are they going to let you park at the arena for the sth 5+ year event today or do you have to find your own parking? They didn't mention parking at the arena the way they did for the Hockey 101 event last week.

Old
04-01-2014, 04:38 PM
Devils Dominion
Lou got me picks

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDevs26 View Post
Little late to ask since I'm supposed to be driving in now but are they going to let you park at the arena for the sth 5+ year event today or do you have to find your own parking? They didn't mention parking at the arena the way they did for the Hockey 101 event last week.
What time does the event go to?

Devils are having a viewing party at Dinosaur BBQ tonight as well.

Old
04-01-2014, 04:40 PM
NJDevs26
Status quo

Doors open at 5, event ends at 7.

Old
04-02-2014, 02:58 AM
Colin226
NJ Devils STH

How was the event? I couldn't make it

Old
04-02-2014, 07:52 AM
NJDevs26
Status quo

Well there was parking available at the arena first of all, $5 though they didn't indicate that you could park in the garage on the e-mails. It was Dano and Hugh Weber speaking to a gaggle of sth's outside the fire lounge. There were all kinds of tables and chairs set up and little food items available (tiny chicken fingers that looked like pretzel pieces, buffalo empenadas, shrimp something or other, cookies, cheese and grapes on the snack plate and drinks inside the lounge - water, soda, even alcoholic beverages).

Basically they spent like twenty minutes talking before you did the group picture on the ice (and since the ice was freshly done, I bit it and fell my first step out there lol). The individual pictures you see on the jumbotron during play, those got taken upstairs outside the lounge as you came in. Dano talked for a few minutes, Hugh talked for a few minutes more after he had a little fun with Dano who wasn't sure how to pronounce Dino BBQ - where they had their viewing party afterwards. Among other things Hugh said there were 8700 sth's and they wanted to show appreciation for their sth's with events like this. You got a sth lanyard walking in labeled 5+ years. Hugh also said we were getting a jersey just like the other groups of sth's with the sth patch and the number of seasons on it, and we'd get new ones every year (and that we'd get a jersey for every seat on our account, not just one for the whole account). I found out later from one of the reps we'd be able to customize the jerseys any way we wanted to - say either your name and whatever number, or a player name and number - and put the patches anywhere on the jersey too but that would be done in the offseason.

The funny part is when Hugh said we would get a jersey for every seat on the account he made light of the scarf contreversy (where each account only got one little scarf) and said that wasn't the case here. They also had like a two-minute video, mostly testimonials on how great it is to be a sth haha. After they talked, we went down to the ice and got the group picture. The whole event itself took like 45 minutes (was done at 6:15) but they gave you the option of hanging around, eating some more and watching the first period of the Devils-Sabres game before they went off to Dino for the viewing party.

Closed Thread