HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Notices

An Ode To The Pittsburgh Penguins

Old
03-17-2014, 10:03 PM
Qyburn

vCash: 500
An Ode To The Pittsburgh Penguins

Needless to say, I come to this board in peace. I do not come to brag, as these thoughts have been relevant even in the times when your team has dominated mine. I attended a 3-9 loss where Mario scored a bunch, either 3 - 4, back in the mid 90s, The only memory I have of that game was of a Pens fan a row or two up and back saying to his buddy: "Holy ****, Nine to Three!" *screeching hyena cackle*. I was with a large group and it always stood out that nobody tried to shout him down, let alone looked in his direction.

This recent rivalry has changed my life. In some small ways, it has defined it. Though they only occur a limited number of times per year I live for our meetings. It brings something out of me that I fear would be neglected and undiscovered if this hadn't happened. Perhaps something that I never would have known about. But because of this reciprocal animosity, so much more now seems possible that before was dormant.

The morning of game 6. As a hockey fan I was brimming with confidence. As a human being I was in a bad way. I hadn't slept in a week, and my soul felt as loose as a soul can feel. I hadn't been to a 12 step meeting in 18 years, and I'm not a spiritual person, never was. But that day I decided to sacrifice what meant the most to me. I found a 1pm meeting and poured my heart out in front of 100+ people I'd never met. I can't say there was a happy ending, but maybe there was a paradigm shifting beginning.

I just wanted to tell you pitholes what your antagonistic existence means to me. I hope some of you get it!

Qyburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2014, 10:21 PM
KIRK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qyburn View Post
Needless to say, I come to this board in peace. I do not come to brag, as these thoughts have been relevant even in the times when your team has dominated mine. I attended a 3-9 loss where Mario scored a bunch, either 3 - 4, back in the mid 90s, The only memory I have of that game was of a Pens fan a row or two up and back saying to his buddy: "Holy ****, Nine to Three!" *screeching hyena cackle*. I was with a large group and it always stood out that nobody tried to shout him down, let alone looked in his direction.

This recent rivalry has changed my life. In some small ways, it has defined it. Though they only occur a limited number of times per year I live for our meetings. It brings something out of me that I fear would be neglected and undiscovered if this hadn't happened. Perhaps something that I never would have known about. But because of this reciprocal animosity, so much more now seems possible that before was dormant.

The morning of game 6. As a hockey fan I was brimming with confidence. As a human being I was in a bad way. I hadn't slept in a week, and my soul felt as loose as a soul can feel. I hadn't been to a 12 step meeting in 18 years, and I'm not a spiritual person, never was. But that day I decided to sacrifice what meant the most to me. I found a 1pm meeting and poured my heart out in front of 100+ people I'd never met. I can't say there was a happy ending, but maybe there was a paradigm shifting beginning.

I just wanted to tell you pitholes what your antagonistic existence means to me. I hope some of you get it!

KIRK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2014, 10:54 PM
Randy Butternubs
Makin Bacon Pancakes

And you are a fan of...?

Randy Butternubs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2014, 11:03 PM
Wes C Addle
Mookie Blaylock

Wes C Addle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2014, 11:45 PM
Kiith Nabaal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Butternubs View Post
And you are a fan of...?
Judging by his avatar, he is a Flyers fan.

Kiith Nabaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2014, 11:55 PM
Qyburn

Soul bared. None cared.

Fair enough

Old
03-18-2014, 12:11 AM
KIRK

Quote:
Soul bared. None cared.

Fair enough

KIRK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2014, 12:27 AM
Tweed

Quote:

Thanks for the share. I can agree that it is one of the greatest rivalries in all of sports!

Tweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2014, 12:28 AM
Waffle Fries

Quote:
This recent rivalry has changed my life. In some small ways, it has defined it.
That's actually really sad if a hockey rivalry that you are not directly part of defines your life.

Waffle Fries is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2014, 12:48 AM
Qyburn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waffle Fries View Post
That's actually really sad if a hockey rivalry that you are not directly part of defines your life.
Yup, and that's the whole point.

It's not like happy people with happy stories are flooding the web desperately trying to identify with other happy people.

Old
03-18-2014, 12:58 AM
tom_servo

Pitholes?

tom_servo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2014, 02:02 AM
Qyburn

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom_servo View Post
Pitholes?
Yes, pitholes. The human body is loaded with crevices and inside those crevices live bacteria which give off a foul scented odor.

Or maybe it's just a Philly thing.