Closed Thread

Old
03-18-2014, 11:23 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

vCash: 500
Mike Yeo

It's time for this joker to go.

He's scratching Haula to get McCormick in the lineup and putting Coyle back at center.

He's playing musical chairs for no reason with the defense.

He continues to shield his veterans and favorite players at the expense of the team.

The Wild have faltered down the stretch every year under his watch.

Old
03-18-2014, 11:27 AM
kfan22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
It's time for this joker to go.

He's scratching Haula to get McCormick in the lineup and putting Coyle back at center.

He's playing musical chairs for no reason with the defense.

He continues to shield his veterans and favorite players at the expense of the team.

The Wild have faltered down the stretch every year under his watch.
Where you seeing that?

Old
03-18-2014, 11:28 AM
Lapa
Global Moderator
miek yoe pls

vCash: 50
I wonder what is the reason for scratching Haula.

Old
03-18-2014, 11:29 AM
this providence
Chips in Bed Theorem

I'm at the point where I just can't fathom how his decisions make any sort of sense in his head.

Like I said in the other thread, it's almost impressive that he's made nearly every important aspect of this game look so difficult for this team.

After Meaningless Win - 3/29/12 - Game 77 | SoH-"Who knows, that could have cost us a Cup tonight." | Dooohkay
Old
03-18-2014, 11:35 AM
Lapa
Global Moderator
miek yoe pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfan22 View Post
Where you seeing that?
Chad Graff ‏@ChadGraff 29 min

Erik Haula is a healthy scratch tonight. Likely Charlie Coyle back to center, probably on the third line. Cody McCormick can center, too.

Old
03-18-2014, 11:37 AM
Engebretson
Another GopherClone

I'm not going to blame Yeo for all the problems with this team, but I'm also not going to be too sad to see him go (which I expect will be the most likely outcome this summer). This team has looked lost or just unmotivated too many times over the last 3 seasons and some of the line or scratch decisions have been questionable to say the least.

The biggest problem I have is the team finishing the season with a pathetic whimper over the last three seasons. That's unacceptable if you're expecting or even trying to make the playoffs.

Old
03-18-2014, 11:52 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

It's like he wants to put the team in the worst position. He keeps letting his prejudices dictate the lineup, which in turn puts the brakes on the offense. I don't understand at all.

Old
03-18-2014, 12:01 PM
Avder
Global Moderator
Is it October yet?

I feel like this gif encapsulates Yeo's decision making process sometimes:

Yeah I get a lot of mileage out of that one.

I agree with the musical chairs argument. I'd also say it's a throw it at the wall strategy. But the whole damn thing is shaping up to be a noodle incident in the making.

I've wanted Yeo gone for a long time. I still want him gone.

Old
03-18-2014, 12:08 PM
DeuceMN
Really?

Coyle back to center... Where he has been the most ineffective all season...

And scratching Haula... Who has been busting his ass the whole time and showing great ability to get to the next level... And leaving Brodziak and Heatley as is....

Against the Bruins we don't have McCormick, but against the Isles we do...

MOTHER****ING POS DUMBASS ARGAHRGHARGHAG

Old
03-18-2014, 12:14 PM
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engebretson View Post
I'm not going to blame Yeo for all the problems with this team, but I'm also not going to be too sad to see him go (which I expect will be the most likely outcome this summer). This team has looked lost or just unmotivated too many times over the last 3 seasons and some of the line or scratch decisions have been questionable to say the least.

The biggest problem I have is the team finishing the season with a pathetic whimper over the last three seasons. That's unacceptable if you're expecting or even trying to make the playoffs.
Absolutely this. Yeo is just a small part of the problem with this team.

Old
03-18-2014, 12:23 PM
astafk

It's become clear that he doesn't know what to do with this roster. He has a talented team that has proven that it can play a puck possession game and be successful at it, yet he insists on reverting to a dump and grind style that completely handcuffs the talent on the team. And for what? So we can be a tough team to play against? No one cares if you're tough to play against if all they need to do is score two goals to win. No ones scared of that kind of team.

The funny thing is, the talent on the roster allows him to keep his job. That talent alone is keeping the Wild in the playoffs, not Yeo's coaching. And that will be the case until Yeo is finally gone. This team will be a playoff team for years to come, but with Yeo, thats all they will ever be.

Old
03-18-2014, 12:31 PM
Dr Jan Itor

Did I miss the part where we weren't generating chances last night? Or does this seem like an overreaction to us running into two very, very good goalies?

Old
03-18-2014, 12:33 PM
FVM
Screaming seagulls

vCash: 1301
Quote:
Originally Posted by astafk View Post
It's become clear that he doesn't know what to do with this roster. He has a talented team that has proven that it can play a puck possession game and be successful at it, yet he insists on reverting to a dump and grind style that completely handcuffs the talent on the team. And for what? So we can be a tough team to play against? No one cares if you're tough to play against if all they need to do is score two goals to win. No ones scared of that kind of team.

The funny thing is, the talent on the roster allows him to keep his job. That talent alone is keeping the Wild in the playoffs, not Yeo's coaching. And that will be the case until Yeo is finally gone. This team will be a playoff team for years to come, but with Yeo, thats all they will ever be.
Bingo. This is exactly what I've been thinking about lately. I feel the team and roster has outgrown its coach. Yeo can coach a roster of grinders well but he hasn't shown he can lead a talented team anywhere. Unfortunately I think Yeo is not part of the solution going forward.

So, who should Fletcher hire? I honestly don't know. I wouldn't like to be in his shoes when he has to make the call. But the Yeo experiment has run its course. Leipold has said and shown in his actions that he is serious about going after that Lord Stanley's bowl. Fletcher better get the next coach right or he's gone himself. And I think no one wants to see that, looking at how well Fletcher has drafted and traded to build the current roster.

Old
03-18-2014, 12:36 PM
Avder
Global Moderator
Is it October yet?

Quote:

Yeo is basically a Bylsma-light, meaning he coaches the same style as Bylsma but not nearly as effectively.

And further, the Wild do not have the sheer amount of top-end talent that the Penguins have that makes Bylsma look like a good coach at times.

Old
03-18-2014, 12:44 PM
Tuomaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Jan Itor View Post
Did I miss the part where we weren't generating chances last night? Or does this seem like an overreaction to us running into two very, very good goalies?
I absolutely agree. Both games we run into very hot goalies and some unlucky bounces. The fact is that we were imo better team than the Boston but two very unlucky goals against Wild. I should have been 1-1 and onto OT we go.

Old
03-18-2014, 12:48 PM
SphinX
#Whytake7whenyouget3

Scratching Haula is the icing on the cake from my POV.

Hey Mike... Piss of..

Old
03-18-2014, 01:01 PM
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist

Awwwww yeah, bringing it back. Get the pitchforks and torches boys, we're going hunting #Yeolo style. This team will always be an offensive black hole unless we make some major changes, and it starts with Yeo.

Quote:
At what point can we stop using the "oh well we played a really good goalie" excuse? Good teams find ways to score goals, and this team can't do that. I'm darn tired of always using that good goalie excuse crap to cover up for this team's faults.

Old
03-18-2014, 01:07 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

And either way, when you are struggling to score, you don't scratch skilled players in favor of grinders.

Old
03-18-2014, 01:11 PM
Rabid Husky

vCash: 643
This fanbase just gets more whiny by the day. No matter what this guy does, he can't win unless it's EXACTLY what the "fans" want him to do, thinking they know so much more than he does.
Criticism is one thing, but this is just beyond ridiculous.
This board can't go ONE DAY without completely ripping Yeo, Koivu, Coyle, Heatley or whoever it is they just can't stand for whatever reason. First you complain he has to keep the top line together and he does, but OMG, he scratched Haula! Fire Yeo! Haula, and his 7 points. That's going to make or break this offense? Give me a break.
Let it play out, sheesh.

Old
03-18-2014, 01:15 PM
BagHead

Quote:

I don't think Yeo is telling the players to "dump and chase". In fact, before the season even started he said that his staff writes those moments down as turnovers, whether we get the puck back or not. I do agree though, that he doesn't know what to do with this roster. People call him "gutless" but that's not an accurate assessment, and I'm so sick of people getting that story wrong. He's got all kinds of guts, he just doesn't have any answers.

I also don't think we've got as much talent you're claiming. We're talented, but this is probably only the 3rd most talented incarnation of the Wild, behind both of those Gaborik-Demitra led teams that made the playoffs.

If it were me coaching, and we were at this same point, I would probably just say "screw it, we'll throw all our most talented guys out there, and try to spread the wealth a bit." Probably I'd come up with something like this:

Parise - Koivu - Coyle
Moulson - Granlund - Pominville
Cooke - Haula - Nino
Heatley - Brodziak - Fontaine

Suter - Brodin
Scandella - Spurgeon
Prosser - Stoner/Ballard

It gets our most offensive guys out there (that are healthy at the moment) and has a mix of scoring on all lines. And I'd pray that our team then finds a way to light the lamp. Our trouble is not being a "tough" team (I haven't seen our guys too intimidated lately), our trouble is scoring goals consistently.

Old
03-18-2014, 01:18 PM
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabid Husky View Post
This fanbase just gets more whiny by the day. No matter what this guy does, he can't win unless it's EXACTLY what the "fans" want him to do, thinking they know so much more than he does.
Criticism is one thing, but this is just beyond ridiculous.
This board can't go ONE DAY without completely ripping Yeo, Koivu, Coyle, Heatley or whoever it is they just can't stand for whatever reason. First you complain he has to keep the top line together and he does, but OMG, he scratched Haula! Fire Yeo! Haula, and his 7 points. That's going to make or break this offense? Give me a break.
Let it play out, sheesh.
We've let it "play out" for nearly three years now, and we're still an awful team offensively.

Old
03-18-2014, 01:21 PM
Sportserie

He's got this weird obsession with Coyle. His decisions are not clear.

Yes, he needs fired already.

Old
03-18-2014, 01:25 PM
Dr Jan Itor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Mays Here View Post
At what point can we stop using the "oh well we played a really good goalie" excuse? Good teams find ways to score goals, and this team can't do that. I'm darn tired of always using that good goalie excuse crap to cover up for this team's faults.
What I mean is, I'd be a lot more concerned if we weren't generating offensive chances, which we are. That, IMO, would trigger a lineup change. Playing with different people doesn't do anything in regards to the ability to capitalize on those chances, it'll just change the number of chances generated, for better or worse.

Old
03-18-2014, 01:26 PM
nickschultzfan

OMG he is scratching a former Gopher! Get the torches!!!

Or, the Wild have actually been playing well and need to just get through the bad bounces with level heads.

Old
03-18-2014, 01:27 PM
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist

Quote:
What I mean is, I'd be a lot more concerned if we weren't generating offensive chances, which we are. That, IMO, would trigger a lineup change. Playing with different people doesn't do anything in regards to the ability to capitalize on those chances, it'll just change the number of chances generated, for better or worse.
So the team generates some good chances two games in a row. . . . and Yeo still changes up the lines. Not sure if you're arguing for Yeo or against Yeo at this point.

Closed Thread