HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#68: Dallas Stars@Pittsburgh Penguins | 7:00 PM ET | CEC

Closed Thread

Old
03-18-2014, 04:05 PM
cygnus47

vCash: 500
I just.....Bylsma continues to amaze me. He sees the bottom 6, gets a couple roster upgrades and he thinks Vitale has been the problem? WTF?

Old
03-18-2014, 04:11 PM
vabm8
Injured Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedCapp View Post
my favorite part about the "We don't want to be a skilled team" is the fact that the two bags of water who carry his team are the two most skilled, but simultaneously oft-injured stars in the game. Why subject them to even more punishment? O_o
Yeah, there might be a correlation to that. Actually maybe the injury bug is partially trying to make a team that isn't built to grind grind.

Old
03-18-2014, 04:18 PM
Jag68Sid87

I think I'm one of the few people here who doesn't view Vitale as a demi-God. He's really not that great shakes, to be honest.

THAT SAID, he was all over the ice on Sunday. And for some reason, he seems to have lost his Bylsma Club card. Vitale, one would think, has ALL of the elements of what Bylsma loves. Grinder. North-South speed. Fearlessness. No hands whatsoever. Marginal hockey sense.

And yet, he ALWAYS gets left out in the cold...unless there's someone more skilled Disco can pick on, like Megna.

The Vitale situation will go down as one of Bylsma's biggest head-scratchers, imo. It just doesn't add up.

Maybe when Vitale turns 30...

Old
03-18-2014, 04:21 PM
Shady Machine

Vitale never had his Bylsma club card.

Old
03-18-2014, 04:22 PM
Sideline

Glass, Adams, and Pyatt all in the line up, against a fast team like the Stars, when Vitale and Megna are in the press box is ridiculous; it puts the team at a disadvantage before they even drop the puck. This team will never win another Stanley Cup coached by Dan Byslma. The man is incompetent.

Old
03-18-2014, 04:23 PM
Tender Rip
No cap on coaching!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady Machine View Post
Vitale never had his Bylsma club card.
He supported the Cards. Not family.

Old
03-18-2014, 04:23 PM
metalan2

Quote:
Originally Posted by wgknestrick View Post
Here's the problem with your argument. It's based on logic and this team doesn't make the mistake of making objective decisions like that. You fail to recognize Adams has much better BBQs in the summer than Megna ever will = he plays. No one wants to get snubbed from the Adam's BBQ invite.
That's actually the point of life. Why focus on a silly game when you can enjoy great company.

Old
03-18-2014, 04:26 PM
conooper

I sure hope Vitale and that Megna kid aren't playing tonight...

Old
03-18-2014, 04:31 PM
MeticulouslyDishevel

The photoshop was amazing - it gave me a brief moment of happiness until I read through the rest of this thread.

There's no way that Bylsma gets fired with only 12 games left in the regular season. He's going to remain at the helm during our anticipated spectacular meltdown in the playoffs.

I don't think I even want to watch tonight's game after looking at the projected lineup.

Old
03-18-2014, 04:41 PM
lornloxor
Bylsmaed

My brain hurts. That projected lineup is some next level Bylsma **** right there. Megna and Vitale must feel like they're living in some bizarro world where nothing makes sense. You pretty much play your best games of the season and BOOM, scratched.

Old
03-18-2014, 04:43 PM
Mr Jiggyfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jag68Sid87 View Post
I think I'm one of the few people here who doesn't view Vitale as a demi-God. He's really not that great shakes, to be honest.

THAT SAID, he was all over the ice on Sunday. And for some reason, he seems to have lost his Bylsma Club card. Vitale, one would think, has ALL of the elements of what Bylsma loves. Grinder. North-South speed. Fearlessness. No hands whatsoever. Marginal hockey sense.

And yet, he ALWAYS gets left out in the cold...unless there's someone more skilled Disco can pick on, like Megna.

The Vitale situation will go down as one of Bylsma's biggest head-scratchers, imo. It just doesn't add up.

The Vitale stuff was always a joke... People can't be that slow... I mean.... right? He was always projected to be an energy guy on the fourth line and people liked that he earned his ice time every single shift.

That said, if anyone can show me a better fourth liner in the league who makes 550k and has his hustle and heart, go right ahead. I'm all ears. Dude has put up 14 points playing with mostly crap linemates, is money on FO and is still being benched for his efforts.

Vitale actually has decent hands and an offensive IQ that is akin to Lemieux compared to Glass and Adams. He actually helped the Malkin line Sunday and helps any line he is on. Glass and Adams drag lines down, like quicksand. Now Pyatt is here to complete the Quicksand Triology.

Old
03-18-2014, 04:51 PM
IcedCapp
IcedCapp The White

Quote:
Originally Posted by lornloxor View Post
My brain hurts. That projected lineup is some next level Bylsma **** right there. Megna and Vitale must feel like they're living in some bizarro world where nothing makes sense. You pretty much play your best games of the season and BOOM, scratched.
your avatar is top notch

Old
03-18-2014, 04:54 PM
Fire Shero*

Craig Adams on the third line.

**** you Bylsma. **** you
Shero for re-signing that steaming pile of dog ****.

I'm starting to think Mario and Burkle are dumb as **** too for allowing Bylsma and Shero to ruin this team.

Old
03-18-2014, 04:54 PM
Koempel

I just can't understand Bylsma and that is what makes this so ****ing frustrating. Normally, even when you don't like a coach's decision at least you know what the reasoning behind it is. This is just completely illogical from every angle. Bylsma is not arrogant, he is incompetent, maybe one of the worst things to ever happen to the Penguins. His roster choices actually seem like the moves a saboteur would do.

Old
03-18-2014, 04:56 PM
Whakahere

vCash: 903
Send a message via MSN to Whakahere
so after vitale and menga both play well they get benched?? team speed is a bad thing (along with forchecking and scoring goals).

Old
03-18-2014, 04:58 PM
The Oneironaut
FIRE SHERO/BYLSMA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whakahere View Post
so after vitale and menga both play well they get benched?? team speed is a bad thing (along with forchecking and scoring goals).
Careful! You don't want to turn this into a skilled team.

Old
03-18-2014, 05:01 PM
lornloxor
Bylsmaed

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedCapp View Post
your avatar is top notch
Thanks, I was cracking up pretty hard when I was editing that pic

Old
03-18-2014, 05:04 PM
Ugene Malkin
Bück Dich Baby!

Nice work, Frederick!

I'm surprised Orpik didn't make "the Usual suspects." I commend you leaving him off, though.

Old
03-18-2014, 05:05 PM
tinkezione
Butcher's Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdStare View Post
Agree, Craig Adams should have been Keyser Soze. He's Harvard educated and he has somehow been able to milk 5 years out of the Penguins after being claimed off waivers...

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the Penguins organization he is a good player"

But where's the "And just like that POOF he was gone" part? Solid gold GDT!

Old
03-18-2014, 05:06 PM
KIRK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jag68Sid87 View Post

It makes me laugh to think that some people here actually thought Pyatt would sit if this roster was fully healthy and someone like Vitale would play.

I think I noted that Pyatt plays over Vitale when they team is NOT fully healthy, and, lo and behold, it appears that I'm right.

Old
03-18-2014, 05:07 PM
KIRK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whakahere View Post
Speed isn't an important component of being a 'grindy' team.

Old
03-18-2014, 05:17 PM
cygnus47

Vitale must be too skilled for Bylsma too. Needs less speed, less puck handling and more getting punched in the face.

Old
03-18-2014, 05:17 PM
vabm8
Injured Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIRK View Post
Speed isn't an important component of being a 'grindy' team.
But I thought Dupuis was on the 1st line because he was fast and could keep up with Sid? Don't tell me that Bylsma isn't logical, Kirk, just don't. It's a cornerstone of my life.

Old
03-18-2014, 05:23 PM
DoktorZaius

Vitale has 14 points and is a +/- 0. Adams has 8 points in WAYYY more games/playing time, and is a -11, and is a MUCH worse skater. There's just no reasonable justification here.

Same can be said for Megna too, who has 5 goals and 1 assist and is a +2 with scraps for games and playtime. And, like Vitale, he's also an excellent skater.

Old
03-18-2014, 05:23 PM
KIRK

Quote:
Originally Posted by vabm8 View Post
But I thought Dupuis was on the 1st line because he was fast and could keep up with Sid? Don't tell me that Bylsma isn't logical, Kirk, just don't. It's a cornerstone of my life.
No worries. I wouldn't do that.

But, if you will indulge my offering some decorative tips, might I suggest white padded walls for your Pens viewing room.

Closed Thread