HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Would you trade Malkin for Ovechkin, Penguin fans?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-20-2014, 05:05 AM
  #101
TT1
Registered User
 
TT1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,048
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToewsGretzky View Post
If the Penguins ever contemplate trading Malkin, they should first of all trade him out of the conference, if I was the GM of the Penguins I'd try to trade Malkin straight up for Corey Perry.
terrible

TT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2014, 05:09 AM
  #102
JxStaalx11
#BeauKnows!
 
JxStaalx11's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Regina, Saskatchewan
Country: Canada
Posts: 202
vCash: 500
only way i trade malkin is if we get weber or doughty back and trade letang for a good two way 2nd line center.

JxStaalx11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2014, 06:18 AM
  #103
TorstenFrings
wieder zuhause!!!
 
TorstenFrings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Country: Germany
Posts: 3,580
vCash: 500
Nope.

TorstenFrings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2014, 06:24 AM
  #104
TheGoldenJet
Registered User
 
TheGoldenJet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Coquitlam, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,654
vCash: 500
Ovechkin is the 3rd best player in the world, only 2 players out there are better.

Malkin is one of them.

TheGoldenJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2014, 07:51 AM
  #105
Dying Alive
Not a man, man.
 
Dying Alive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Pittsburgh
Country: Ireland
Posts: 6,879
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiPooky View Post
Interesting. Both teams decline because of depth issues. Pens fans don't want Sutter at 2C, and Caps really can't afford to have Joel Ward be their leading goal scorer.
You don't think Evgeni Malkin would score more goals than Joel Ward?

Dying Alive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2014, 08:20 AM
  #106
Chukcha
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: mongolian steppes
Country: Mongolia
Posts: 640
vCash: 500
what would you say if both players ask a trade? Something like Hossa-Heatley situation. Would you accept this trade?

Chukcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2014, 08:23 AM
  #107
alpine4life
Registered User
 
alpine4life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Moncton, NB
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,474
vCash: 500
The value is there yes, but I highly doubt the Penguins would do that move

WHY: Position importance... C >> LW/RW

alpine4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2014, 08:23 AM
  #108
PensBandwagonerNo272
the march
 
PensBandwagonerNo272's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Halifax, NS
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,736
vCash: 450
They provide similar value on offense but Malkin is a center.

PensBandwagonerNo272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2014, 08:52 AM
  #109
pens87jets7fan
Keaton Ellerby fan
 
pens87jets7fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Leesburg,VA
Country: United States
Posts: 475
vCash: 492
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportserie View Post
No way. The Penguins would start declining, not even making the playoffs since that's what Ovie does to a team.

Malkin is way more valuable than Ovechkin. It's not even close.
As much as i dislike Ovie i dont think he single-handedly destroys playoff chances. Team sport, you can't place all blame on one player because hes the supposed "leader" or "best player" on the team.

That being said there is no way in hell i'd take him on the Pens if it meant losing Malkin. We need a solid middle and trading away a 2nd line center who would be first on most other teams would kill our depth down the middle.

pens87jets7fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2014, 10:44 AM
  #110
ChibiPooky
Moderator
Caps/Avs/Bills fan
 
ChibiPooky's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Fairfax, VA
Country: United States
Posts: 9,217
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dying Alive View Post
You don't think Evgeni Malkin would score more goals than Joel Ward?
Right now Malkin has (2) fewer goals than Joel Ward (I when I saw that). But he has a crapton of assists and doesn't have to carry the scoring load like he would have to in Washington. I would expect his goal numbers to outpace Ward's, but at the moment he came in, he'd be 3rd actually because Brouwer has more too.

I wonder if Oates can get any left-handed shots to score, actually. Yikes.

ChibiPooky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2014, 10:53 AM
  #111
SPV
Zoinks!
 
SPV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: New Hampshire
Country: United States
Posts: 4,827
vCash: 500
not a fan of either team. But the only way I move either player is for a package of high end talent; ie a top 2nd line center, a top 3 defenseman, a solid young forward/defenseman, and a pick.
I don't see many teams that can put up that kind of offer. Maybe Vancouver; Kesler, Hamhuis, Kassian, and a pick for Malkin and the rights to one of their free agent defenseman?? That fills a lot of holes for about the same salary hit.

SPV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2014, 11:21 AM
  #112
Dying Alive
Not a man, man.
 
Dying Alive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Pittsburgh
Country: Ireland
Posts: 6,879
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiPooky View Post
Right now Malkin has (2) fewer goals than Joel Ward (I when I saw that). But he has a crapton of assists and doesn't have to carry the scoring load like he would have to in Washington. I would expect his goal numbers to outpace Ward's, but at the moment he came in, he'd be 3rd actually because Brouwer has more too.

I wonder if Oates can get any left-handed shots to score, actually. Yikes.
He's also played 13 fewer games than Ward has. He has two fewer goals but 25 more points. He has a crapton of assists because James Neal is one of the better snipers in the league so he passes more than he would otherwise.

Malkin has a 50 goal and a 47 goal season under his belt, he can put the puck in the net just fine. And he's carried the scoring load just fine in the past, he won an Art Ross while Crosby was out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPV View Post
not a fan of either team. But the only way I move either player is for a package of high end talent; ie a top 2nd line center, a top 3 defenseman, a solid young forward/defenseman, and a pick.
I don't see many teams that can put up that kind of offer. Maybe Vancouver; Kesler, Hamhuis, Kassian, and a pick for Malkin and the rights to one of their free agent defenseman?? That fills a lot of holes for about the same salary hit.
No way the Pens bite on that. I like Kesler but he's not on the same level as Malkin and locked up for way fewer years, they don't need Hamhuis as the D is just fine as is and they have a ton in the pipeline, and Kassian isn't all that enticing as a sweetener.

Dying Alive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2014, 11:43 AM
  #113
JackStraw
Moving much too slow
 
JackStraw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Boston, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,728
vCash: 500
Not a Pens fan but no way would I trade Malkin for Ovechkin.

JackStraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2014, 11:50 AM
  #114
ChibiPooky
Moderator
Caps/Avs/Bills fan
 
ChibiPooky's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Fairfax, VA
Country: United States
Posts: 9,217
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dying Alive View Post
He's also played 13 fewer games than Ward has. He has two fewer goals but 25 more points. He has a crapton of assists because James Neal is one of the better snipers in the league so he passes more than he would otherwise.

Malkin has a 50 goal and a 47 goal season under his belt, he can put the puck in the net just fine. And he's carried the scoring load just fine in the past, he won an Art Ross while Crosby was out.
Yeah, just saying he has fewer right now. No doubt he has the ability, and like I said, his role would change to be more of a primary scorer in Washington. If he didn't get more goals in a full season than Ward then

ChibiPooky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2014, 12:02 PM
  #115
LastChancePrice
Registered User
 
LastChancePrice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 2,042
vCash: 500
Habs fan here speaking. If you would give me the chance to sign one of these two player if they were free agent, i would choose Gino. Not saying Ovi sucks or anything, but he woudlnt also be my second choice either. Again not saying i wouldnt want him in my team, in fact, if we were having Ovechkin in my team i would be extremely happy, but if we got choices, he wouldnt be in my top 3 player. Value wise, i think no.1 Crosby, No.2 Weber, NO.3 Malkin, NO.4, Stamkos, No.5. Doughty No.6 Getzlaf, No.7 Ovechkin. and still undecided if i would choose Toews over Ovi. Do you even realize that Ovechkin is MINUS 31, even after all his great numbers??? Hes 2nd to be the worst in that category just before Neil yakupov, another selfish player. No seriously, i tough about it, im removing it from my top 10 players. Serious.

LastChancePrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2014, 12:30 PM
  #116
orby
Registered User
 
orby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Pittsburgh/Edinboro
Posts: 1,219
vCash: 500
I wouldn't make this trade because it would leave the Pens without a viable second-line center. Too much roster turnover would be required to make the acquisition work. Ovechkin and Crosby on the same line would be a force of nature but it'd necessitate so many other moves to compensate for the gigantic hole at second line center. Remember, losing Malkin would also likely mean seeing James Neal's production drop by like half.

orby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2014, 12:50 PM
  #117
phlocky
Registered User
 
phlocky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 6,143
vCash: 500
Absolutely not!!!! Though Malkin isn't great defensively he's far better than Ovi. Ovi will score you a lot of goals but you'll give up even more when he's on the ice

phlocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2014, 12:51 PM
  #118
Mystlyfe
We're Touched
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 12,539
vCash: 500
Capitals politely decline.

Mystlyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2014, 01:00 PM
  #119
kihei
Registered User
 
kihei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,040
vCash: 4803
No, but I think the Penguins would work just fine either way.

kihei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2014, 01:42 PM
  #120
Riptide
Moderator
 
Riptide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Yukon
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,641
vCash: 500
No. Ovie is a very good player. But positionally, I'd rather have two great centers with 2nd line talent wingers, then 1 great center and 1 great winger, with god knows what on the 2nd line.

__________________
"Itís not as if Donald Fehr was lying to us, several players said. Rather, itís as if he has been economical with information, these players believe, not sharing facts these players consider to be vital."
Riptide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2014, 04:06 PM
  #121
nickybacks19
Registered User
 
nickybacks19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Maryland
Country: United States
Posts: 20
vCash: 500
i know this thread says for pens fans but honestly as a caps fan i wouldnt make this trade. Caps dont do this because they already have an elite, underrated 2 way center in backstrom and another potential 2C in kuznetsov(or 1st or 2 line winger) i dont think you give up the best goal scorer in the world for a guy like malkin when they already have backstrom. No disrespect to malkin hes an elite player and then some

nickybacks19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2014, 09:04 PM
  #122
sup bro*
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 417
vCash: 500
no because malkin >>> ovechkin

sup bro* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2014, 05:29 AM
  #123
ObsessedCreative
I hate Dan Bylsma.
 
ObsessedCreative's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,231
vCash: 500
Straight up. HELL NO.

The caps retain like 30-40% of his salary and I wouldn't immediately laugh hysterically and hang up the phone...

ObsessedCreative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2014, 05:31 AM
  #124
ObsessedCreative
I hate Dan Bylsma.
 
ObsessedCreative's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,231
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kihei View Post
No, but I think the Penguins would work just fine either way.
Yeah as long as Bylsma is running this team it will be first round exits no problem!

ObsessedCreative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2014, 05:36 AM
  #125
Acallabeth
Play fair, post fair
 
Acallabeth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Kemerovo, Russia
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 4,321
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to Acallabeth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dying Alive View Post
You don't think Evgeni Malkin would score more goals than Joel Ward?
Under Oates?

No reason for Pens to do that, they are well built. No reason for the Caps as well.

Acallabeth is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:15 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.