HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Question About Brewer

Closed Thread

Old
10-02-2003, 06:20 AM
Narnia
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Narnia
Question About Brewer

Got a question about Brewer. Who has more experience: Brewer or Leopold.

A Vancouver radio station had someone from Sports Forecaster as a guest. The host asked why he predicted Calgary to finish ahead of Edmonton. One of his answers was because Leopold has more experience than Brewer.

Any comments would be appreciated.

10-02-2003, 06:28 AM
Yanner39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilers89

A Vancouver radio station had someone from Sports Forecaster as a guest. The host asked why he predicted Calgary to finish ahead of Edmonton. One of his answers was because Leopold has more experience than Brewer.

Any comments would be appreciated.
I'm pretty sure that Brewer is...Leopold has 58 NHL games under his belt...Brewer has played over 300 NHL games...

Old
10-02-2003, 06:35 AM
Guy Flaming
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to Guy Flaming Send a message via Skype™ to Guy Flaming
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilers89
Brewer's 24. He's been to the playoffs for 2 of the past 3 years. He's an Olympic gold medalist. He's a first round pick. He's been an NHL regular for the better part of 5 years.

Leopold just turned 24. He's never been to the playoffs. He's never been invited to an Olympic camp let alone played for the team. He was a round 2 pick. He was a NHL rookie last year.

Leopold did play in College though and was a good player there. That's why he was a rookie at so late an age. So while he was in College, Brewer was playing in the NHL.

Looks to me like Brewer has a ton more experience and way more pro experience. Hands down.

Old
10-02-2003, 06:37 AM
Mowzie
Asst. Dishwasher

i wouldnt put too much thought into the forecaster, i buy it basically every year becasue they always put an oiler on the cover, but they are not the best. alot of wonky predictions that seem far-fetched in there. it is a good read though and great for settling late night hockey arguements about a players home town or something. but ya, nhl wise, leopold didnt break through until last year.

Old
10-02-2003, 07:05 AM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via ICQ to thome_26
was this forcaster from Calgary? And you know, he does have a point... I'd say Leopold has more experience! Heck, Brewer can't even compare to him! Sure Brewer was in the Olympics and playoffs but Leopold was in the AHL!!! How can you say Leopold doesnt have more experience?!?!?!?

Old
10-02-2003, 01:13 PM
Oiler94

Send a message via MSN to Oiler94
Maybe he was talking about AHL experience...

Old
10-02-2003, 01:16 PM
LoudmouthHemskyfan#1

Jordan Leopold's dad maybe?

Old
10-02-2003, 01:50 PM
Cerebral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oiler94
Maybe he was talking about AHL experience...
According to hockeydb, Brewer has played in 25 AHL games versus Leopold's 3..

Old
10-02-2003, 05:16 PM
hackey

Quote:
Originally Posted by mowzie
i wouldnt put too much thought into the forecaster, i buy it basically every year becasue they always put an oiler on the cover, but they are not the best. alot of wonky predictions that seem far-fetched in there. it is a good read though and great for settling late night hockey arguements about a players home town or something. but ya, nhl wise, leopold didnt break through until last year.
The SportsForcaster will regionalize their magazine. Will put an Oiler player on the cover for the Edmonton market, A Calgary player on their rag for the Calgary market etc .etc. Believe most draft magazines do that now. Leads to more sales I guess.

The same Sportsforcaster guy also picked Calgary to finish ahead of Edmonton this year and Ottawa to win the cup.

Closed Thread