HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs lose 3-2 to Columbus. Thanks for showing up.

Old
03-20-2014, 09:32 PM
Montreal Impact FC
.:| Champ's City |:.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireTherrien View Post
I ain't even mad at Tinordi.
If it had been Bouillon, I'd be pissed.
Not mad either but the result... ouch. As long has he takes this game, that moment, that particular move and remembers you dont do $#&$ like this, ever but specially when there is 2 minutes left with a tie.. and we had to use all the little change to even get there.

Montreal Impact FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2014, 09:32 PM
sheed36

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzoo View Post
We deserve to lose tonight. Tinordi and Weaver are horrible. Murray and Beaulieu pair is much better.

Price, while not too bad, isn't great neither. The 3 goals are stoppable.
Price and the PK was the only reason the Habs had a chance.

sheed36 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2014, 09:33 PM
sventington

Not a great ending, but at least Vanek potted another and our penalty kill got the job done. There were more good things than bad in the end, so I think we'll be alright heading into Saturday.

sventington is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
firewagon77*

Eller has no hockey sense ...Period...never has had never will.

firewagon77* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
The Russian General
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk Muller View Post
Except against clb top players, thats the issue
Yes, the coaches can be blamed for the matchup, indeed. Good point.

Also, as usual, some posters will make a procès d'intentions. It's not because someone blames Eller that we hate him. He made a bad turnover, one that he's made a couple of times already. The fact that other centers make mistakes doesn't change the fact that it was a bad turnover. Of course, most of the blame on that play goes to Tinordi. It was a dangerous play and the team paid for it.

I don't mind Tinner making mistakes. He's young and learning. Eller is still young but he needs to pick up his game. He's better than that. He shows flashes but needs consistency.

The Russian General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
CH25
Fire JJD

Unsurprisingly nobody in Columbus even cares....

CH25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
SherbrookeW

You can't possibly blame this loss on Eller.Insane. It's on Tinordi -- and on all those so dazzled by "size" that they can't see a big, slow unco-ordinated kid who always makes the wrong play is of no use to a team planning on winning championships.

SherbrookeW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2014, 09:34 PM
JLP
La Sainte-Flanelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
I can live with Tinordi's mistake. It's young D-man learning the ropes of the NHL. It will happen. Still prefer him to Murray/Bouillon. He was playing a very good game. Unfotunately, stupid Therrien is gonna put Murray back in and bench Tinordi. Way to go for destroying a rookie's confidence.

imho there are two ends of the spectrum for a coach when Tinordi's sort of rookie mistake happens. These can be expressed with a mixed metaphor as follows, (a) rookie fell off his horse, so put him back up on the horse, ie reassure and play him; or (b) put the player in the doghouse, ie bench/scratch him.

Is MT a (b) type?

JLP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
FazChenyuk

Man what a game it will be on Saturday. leafs better watch for Mr.V

FazChenyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
LaurentHabs
Wat.

Big T off to the press box for the next 10 games is my bet

LaurentHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
JAVO16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohashi_Jouzu View Post
Well if we want to trace this back to sequences of the play that didn't directly lead to the loss of possession, it wasn't Eller's fault he was all alone without puck support. Equally ridiculous to fall back on given the blatant giveaway that completely altered the play/game.
Everyone is taught to dump the puck in that situation. Instead he tries to deke out 3 guys and commits a turnover. And that's not the problem here. If that was a lonely occurance, nobody would bag on him. But it's chronic. He does that a few times every damn game now. I get that the guy's confidence ios low, but instead of over complicating things, he should trust his teammates more or go for the simple plays.

JAVO16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2014, 09:35 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoky Thompson View Post

Tinordi's been playing great for a while now. One mistake, no matter how brutal it was, doesn't take away his solid play for most of his time up here.
It wasn't just one mistake, he wasn't very good at all tonight. Not horrible, but far from solid, even. Single games don't mean much in the grand scheme with him at this point, though. Just sucks that his play tossed away at least one point so late in the game.

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
CH25
Fire JJD

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurentHabs View Post
Big T off to the press box for the next 10 games is my bet
This will kill his confidence imo. Keep him in the line up. At least we know he'll be more careful now.

CH25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
HeShootsHeScores

Can't really blame price on the 3rd goal. Johanssen could do anything, he rushed with speed and everybody got supriised by the turnover. Price had to pick a move and hope for the best.

These situations are worst than a penalty shot. for the goalie.

HeShootsHeScores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2014, 09:36 PM
HABS win CUPS*

good thing is we're playing well getting timely goals and ALOT of our forwards are DUE on saturday i predict bad times for the leafs

HABS win CUPS* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
HTTP 400

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nashy View Post
Bad play by Tinordi, but not gonna jump down this throat, when he's only played 16 games.....maybe he shouldn't have been out there with 3 minutes to go.....just saying.
Well, take 2 mins and think.

Habs call a timeout after an icing. Bouillon and Subban are exhausted. You win the draw and you're going in the offensive zone.

Ok, you're the coach, what do you do? Subban/Bouillon have to get out and you still have 3 mins to play... you have puck possession, you're confident.

You obviously throw in Tinordi-Weaver for a short shift, so you can end the game with Markov/Emelin and Subban/Bouillon for the last 2 mins.

Blame the coach all you want... but it wasn't his fault there. Not at all.

HTTP 400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Habsawce

vCash: 50
This is our forum in a nutshell

"OMG Y u no play yung kidz?!!?!"

"OMFG a young kid made a mistake, burn the god damn city down"

Habsawce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2014, 09:39 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAVO16 View Post
Everyone is taught to dump the puck in that situation. Instead he tries to deke out 3 guys and commits a turnover. And that's not the problem here. If that was a lonely occurance, nobody would bag on him. But it's chronic. He does that a few times every damn game now. I get that the guy's confidence ios low, but instead of over complicating things, he should trust his teammates more or go for the simple plays.
He didn't exactly try to deke out 3 guys, he tried to hold onto it and was swarmed by 3 guys. Listen, I'm not one to go out of his way to support Eller, and I've seen him hold onto the puck too long on a few occasions, but there's no sense in blaming him for Columbus noticing that a line change (or something...) left him isolated, and jumping on him. It's the turnovers at your own blueline that kill the most, not turnovers 150 feet away.

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
dreamingofdrouin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nashy View Post
Alcohol, my friend....lots of it.
christ lol.....i think im gonna have a beer right now.....lord al****ing mighty we have to win on saturday though

dreamingofdrouin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
sheed36

It's time for MT to end the PK Bouillon experiment.

sheed36 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2014, 09:40 PM
habsfan88

I'm surprised I haven't read a bunch of posts addressing the lack of speed on our back end tonight. I know they aren't usually some fast group... but tonight they looked flat footed and slower than usual. That was bad.

All in all, they didn't deserve this two points, they didn't even show up. The only reason why we were in this was because Price (Superstar goalie) was on the verge of stealing a game, and a NATURAL goal scorer (Vanek) scoring when we have probably no business of getting that goal.

That being said, yes, it was really painful for tinordi to have turned that puck over because who doesn't want to steal at least a point esspeciially when the playoff race is on. I was looking forward to overtime, tough pill to swallow.

I hope these guys look themselves in the mirror come Saturday and bounce back in a big way because THAT is not a game I want to lose.

habsfan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
hogtownhabsfan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohashi_Jouzu View Post
It wasn't just one mistake, he wasn't very good at all tonight. Not horrible, but far from solid, even. Single games don't mean much in the grand scheme with him at this point, though. Just sucks that his play tossed away at least one point so late in the game.
He's still much better than Emelin who's a ****ing turnstile.

Tinordi's a young player, all of his gaffes are a result of things happening a little quicker. These are the growing pains young players have. I'm not even worried.

hogtownhabsfan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
HABS win CUPS*

we should really offer Vanek big cash to stay he has great chemistry with our team already

HABS win CUPS* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Angels

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzoo View Post
We deserve to lose tonight. Tinordi and Weaver are horrible. Murray and Beaulieu pair is much better.

Price, while not too bad, isn't great neither. The 3 goals are stoppable.

I hope your kidding about Price. This could of been 6-1 at end of second.

Bottom line 27-40 shots. 8 minutes in 3rd period alone, Enough said.

Angels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeShootsHeScores View Post
Can't really blame price on the 3rd goal. Johanssen could do anything, he rushed with speed and everybody got supriised by the turnover. Price had to pick a move and hope for the best.

These situations are worst than a penalty shot. for the goalie.
Price made some great saves but the 3rd and 1st ones he'd probably like back. 3rd one went through him, 1st one he didn't seem ready and ended up flipping it up.

Wayyy too many penalities, too much selfish play and giveaways by Eller(he's getting worse not better) and brutal giveaway by Tinordi.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote