HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs lose 3-2 to Columbus. Thanks for showing up.

Old
03-20-2014, 09:49 PM
Markov4Captain

vCash: 500
Well positive is we played pretty badly yet we still managed to keep the game tied and potentially could have stolen a point...

Markov4Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2014, 09:49 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beige Van View Post
Think about it this way. Would you rather have a a rookie we have high hopes for making a mistake that he will learn from, or Bouillon?
Subban, then we'll have conversation topic when Therrien blasts him on it in the media.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2014, 09:50 PM
Crimson Skorpion

Awards:
Tinordi:
"It was a stupid play on my part..."

He knows.

Want to write for us? Head to lastwordonsports.com/writeforus and apply!
Crimson Skorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2014, 09:50 PM
Nashy
The Honey Badger

God help me if the Habs play like this on Saturday night.....intensity level better be set to 10.

Nashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2014, 09:51 PM
Angels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Skorpion View Post
Tinordi:

He knows.
Awe, well on to next game, hope everyone isn't that harsh on him.

Angels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2014, 09:51 PM
Winter Eclipse

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsChanandlerBong View Post
Well that's just not what I said at all. I said both f'd up there and pretty much cost us at least one point tonight, even though we didn't deserve the win.
Eller lost the puck in the neutral zone, a puck that was recovered by Tinordi. Again, it's laughable that you think that Tinordi blindly firing off a backhand pass in his own zone directly on to the stick of a Columbus player is equivalent to losing the puck in the neutral zone...

Quote:
I'm watching people right now trying to defend Eller because "all centers turn over the puck", which may be true, but not every single time they enter the zone. He's just ridiculous now.
"Every single time they enter the zone" is a ridiculous statement. All of our Top 3 centers have roughly similar Giveaway stats (Plek - 33 / Eller - 25 / DD - 18) so spare me your wild exaggerations.

Winter Eclipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2014, 09:52 PM
sheed36

The Habs have the Leafs and Bruins in their next 2 games.. Lose both and things get really tight in the standings for them.

sheed36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2014, 09:53 PM
prairie hab

Tons of reasons why the team lost tonight. As bad as the Tinordi gaff was, it was one of several that had the Habs chasing this game all night.

Therrien storms out of presser when some chick asks "Who are the real Montreal Canadiens?"

prairie hab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Kriss E

We lost the game because we are absolutely horrible in our zone. Seriously, I haven't seen such a poorly structured team defensively. It's mayhem as soon as we get a little sustained pressure. We leave the middle of the ice wide open for breakaways. What the fak does JJD is here for exactly?? And what the heck is up with all the attempts at long passes, not to mention the icings on every second play.

We didn't lose because of Tinordi. We lost because we played like garbage.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
AmeriHab

one play by JT, he's learning, rather now than in a month for POs. Please just don't send him down

AmeriHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Impossible Glory

At least Columbus getting 2 points makes Toronto's life much harder.

Finally a good game gby Eller, had little support from Briere and Gionta though. Hopefully he can gain some confidence out of this, we'll need goals from our 3rd line come playoff time.

Impossible Glory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2014, 09:54 PM
Nashy
The Honey Badger

Quote:
Originally Posted by prairie hab View Post
Tons of reasons why the team lost tonight. As bad as the Tinordi gaff was, it was one of several that had the Habs chasing this game all night.

Therrien storms out of presser when some chick asks "Who are the real Montreal Canadiens?"
That's obviously a question that Therrien can't answer, because no one knows that.

Nashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2014, 09:54 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nedved View Post
tinordi made a **** mistake, not his first, and beaulieu has been 10 times the dman tinordi has.

i want both, but it's okay to say that was ****....it was something you see in atom hockey, maybe
Well no. You see those mistakes in the NHL. You see it from all-stars, and even Norris winners too.
Being a NHLer doesn't make you perfect. Everybody does mistakes, even the dumbest kinds.

Old
03-20-2014, 09:55 PM
Crimson Skorpion

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angels View Post
Awe, well on to next game, hope everyone isn't that harsh on him.
Doubt it. As long as Tinner knows he messed up and it costed them, he'll learn from it.

Therrien said that tonight was not a good game for them. He hasn't said that a lot this season, but tonight was one of them. Then he walked off. He's not happy but it has less to do with Tinordi's mistake and more to do with overall team effort.

Bag skate tomorrow, folks.

Crimson Skorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2014, 09:55 PM
sheed36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impossible Glory View Post
At least Columbus getting 2 points makes Toronto's life much harder.

Finally a good game gby Eller, had little support from Briere and Gionta though. Hopefully he can gain some confidence out of this, we'll need goals from our 3rd line come playoff time.
As long as the Habs win against the Leafs on Saturday this loss won't seem as bad.

sheed36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2014, 09:56 PM
bipolarhabfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by HABS win CUPS View Post
good thing is we're playing well getting timely goals and ALOT of our forwards are DUE on saturday i predict bad times for the leafs
I hope so. It is hard watching the team not scoring on a regular basis.

Speaking of scoring, it has gone down hill. In fact, it is non existent. The average GF this season is 2.67, a mean mean of 5.34 goals a game. In 06-07, it was 2.88, which is a mean of 5.88 goals a game. That difference of 0.54 goals a game amounts to a loss of 664.2 goals. Quite a drop off in entertainment in the last few years. Seven players in 06-07 scored 100 points. This season only one will top the list, and the next player on the list, Kessel, may not even break 90. We are back in the middle of the dead puck era of the mid to late nineties, and early 00s. In 00-01, the GF was 2.62 or 5.24 goals a game.

bipolarhabfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2014, 09:58 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
As long as the Habs win against the Leafs on Saturday this loss won't seem as bad.
We probably need 4 wins, and we have 4 games at home against beatable teams at the very least, so the sky definitely isn't falling as a result of this game.

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2014, 09:58 PM
Beige Van

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Well no. You see those mistakes in the NHL. You see it from all-stars, and even Norris winners too.
Being a NHLer doesn't make you perfect. Everybody does mistakes, even the dumbest kinds.
Exactly. Go through the video of every game this year and I'll bet you'll find a gaff from every dman on this team leading to the gwg. They show him on the bench after the buzzer - he looked destroyed. He will learn from it. Like I said, I'd rather a rookie with tons of potential screw up and learn from it then one of our bottom pairing plugs that have no future here.

Beige Van is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2014, 09:59 PM
JAVO16

Quote:
We lost the game because we are absolutely horrible in our zone. Seriously, I haven't seen such a poorly structured team defensively. It's mayhem as soon as we get a little sustained pressure. We leave the middle of the ice wide open for breakaways. What the fak does JJD is here for exactly?? And what the heck is up with all the attempts at long passes, not to mention the icings on every second play.

We didn't lose because of Tinordi. We lost because we played like garbage.
Yeah, I don't know what is this ****ing breakout scheme, but the forwards need to come down deeper. We don't have an all-star crew on defense. Except for Markov, they're mostly impotent when it come to transition passing. The Olympic passes just won't work and trying to counter-attack every ****ing time by magically catching a puck that's chipped on the boards two zones is just not a sound transition scheme. The forwards need to come deeper and give a clear pass option to our inept defensive squad.

JAVO16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2014, 10:02 PM
CH25

Subban made a similar mistake vs the Devils late in that game but they tied it back up. Not too mad at Tinordi. This mistake will help him improve.

CH25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2014, 10:02 PM
JLP
La Sainte-Flanelle

Habs iced SIX players 5'9" or shorter tonight NHL record?

JLP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2014, 10:03 PM
Beige Van

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAVO16 View Post
Yeah, I don't know what is this ****ing breakout scheme, but the forwards need to come down deeper. We don't have an all-star crew on defense. Except for Markov, they're mostly impotent when it come to transition passing. The Olympic passes just won't work and trying to counter-attack every ****ing time by magically catching a puck that's chipped on the boards two zones is just not a sound transition scheme. The forwards need to come deeper and give a clear pass option to our inept defensive squad.
Agreed. They rely too much on neutral zone turnovers and forechecking for scoring chances.

Beige Van is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2014, 10:05 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAVO16 View Post
I don't think it's just about forwards coming close to the D. Even when the guys are closer and collapsing in front of the net, nobody seem to know who to cover. Really, it's pathetic. Look at our 2nd goal. You have DD waiting by the side of the net, he's right there, and he does nothing to cover the 2 CLB forwards rushing the front. I don't think that's him being lazy or just not thinking. I just believe he doesn't know what to do or who to cover. He looks confused.
I use DD as an example because it was flagrant and a goal happened. Not blaming him, he's one of the few players keeping this team going. I put this on the coaching staff, this is all on them. It happens to all our forwards, even our good defensive ones don't look that sharp defensively.

There is absolutely no structure in our zone. Nada.

Old
03-20-2014, 10:06 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CH25 View Post
This will kill his confidence imo. Keep him in the line up. At least we know he'll be more careful now.
He should be out there for an opening faceoff. Yes he screwed up, don't kill his confidence. Get him right back out there.

Late minutes of a tight game? Maybe not but he shouldn't be put into the doghouse like MT usually does.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeShootsHeScores View Post
Can't really blame price on the 3rd goal. Johanssen could do anything, he rushed with speed and everybody got supriised by the turnover. Price had to pick a move and hope for the best.

These situations are worst than a penalty shot. for the goalie.
I'm sure he'd like it back as it was stoppable. That being said the shooter was all alone there with all day to shoot. Sorry but you're going to get scored on if you let guys walk in all alone like that. And we did that a lot tonight...
Quote:
Originally Posted by HABS win CUPS View Post
good thing is we're playing well getting timely goals and ALOT of our forwards are DUE on saturday i predict bad times for the leafs
Not if we played like we did tonight. I think its more likely to be an exhibition in how to suck at hockey.
Quote:
Well that's just not what I said at all. I said both f'd up there and pretty much cost us at least one point tonight, even though we didn't deserve the win. I'm watching people right now trying to defend Eller because "all centers turn over the puck", which may be true, but not every single time they enter the zone. He's just ridiculous now.
Eller turned it over just like the whole team turned it over all night. To single that play out is ridiculous. Have a Coke and a smile man...
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogtownhabsfan View Post
Why does Emelin continue to get a free pass?
Because we don't have anyone else to play. Beaulieu should be back in the lineup though. Whatever he's done to warrant his stay in the penalty box, he's served his time. Get him back in ASAP.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Skorpion View Post
Tinordi:

He knows.
Yup. Rookies make mistakes. He should be in the lineup, just not played in critical situations. Problem is that we're so thin back there now...

Last edited by Lafleurs Guy: 03-20-2014 at 10:14 PM.
Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2014, 10:07 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
I don't think it's just about forwards coming close to the D. Even when the guys are closer and collapsing in front of the net, nobody seem to know who to cover. Really, it's pathetic. Look at our 2nd goal. You have DD waiting by the side of the net, he's right there, and he does nothing to cover the 2 CLB forwards rushing the front. I don't think that's him being lazy or just not thinking. I just believe he doesn't know what to do or who to cover. He looks confused.
I use DD as an example because it was flagrant and a goal happened. Not blaming him, he's one of the few players keeping this team going. I put this on the coaching staff, this is all on them. It happens to all our forwards, even our good defensive ones don't look that sharp defensively.

There is absolutely no structure in our zone. Nada.
I think you guys are talking about exactly opposite things (with/without the puck), but I think you're both mostly right.

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote