HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

James Reimer wants out?

Old
03-21-2014, 01:38 PM
Hennig
It was 4-1.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skobel24 View Post
I do not want the guy in Calgary. I'd much rather keep going with Ramo/Ortio. He's just not worth giving up the assets for.
I doubt you'll have to give up anything more than a 2nd for him. He is definitely worth giving up the assets for, he's proved already he can be a 1B goalie, and is still young at 26.

Calgary fans are kidding themselves if they truly believe their current goaltending situation would be better off without Reimer. Unless they're gunning for McDavid..

Hennig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2014, 01:38 PM
Lucbourdon
Kefka cheers for Van

He is a good goalie, but not a great one.

He would be an upgrade here in vancouver, but only for a short time.

Have high hopes for lack and markstrom.

Especially Lack, He always bounces back after bad situations, just look at the other night with the shutout.

Lucbourdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2014, 01:39 PM
Leafs87
Mr. Steal Your Job

Quote:
Originally Posted by blasted_Sabre View Post
I think he ends up in Calgary with Franson.

Both Burke guys, both guys looking for contracts the Leafs arent going to want to give out.
For giordano or smid package I could see it.

Leafs87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2014, 01:40 PM
gabeliscious

the way i see it there only 3 teams in the entire nhl where reimer MIGHT be an upgrade - calgary, islanders, winnipeg.

having said that im not sure reimer is a substantial upgrade on pavalec and i cant see winnipeg bringing reimer in without moving pavalec out. ~$6 million in "average" goaltending is excessive.

i thought reimer would be an upgrade in calgary but calgary funs seem to think what they have is as good or better then reimer.

it basically just leaves the islanders. i guess snow is the least astute gm out of these 3 teams so nonis probably stands the best chance of getting him to trade an actual asset for reimer.

it will be interesting to see how this plays out. its one thing for reimer to request a trade but in order to trade him nonis is going to have to find a taker. im not sure if someone is going to have interest in reimer at $2 million.

gabeliscious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2014, 01:40 PM
Nighthock
**** the Kings...

If I was treated like crap, I'd leave too

Nighthock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2014, 01:44 PM
ManofSteel55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafs87 View Post
Smid maybe. Giordano is having an all star quality year. If he played like he did this year for you next year, he would be your #1 defenseman. He's criminally underrated.

ManofSteel55 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2014, 01:46 PM
Leafs87
Mr. Steal Your Job

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManofSteel55 View Post
Smid maybe. Giordano is having an all star quality year. If he played like he did this year for you next year, he would be your #1 defenseman. He's criminally underrated.
Yeah he is. But he's also aging and your rebuilding. Reimer is also very underrated and could be your starter for the next while. Probably longer then Gio would be our number 1 d man

Leafs87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2014, 01:53 PM
Tripod

Quote:
Yeah he is. But he's also aging and your rebuilding. Reimer is also very underrated and could be your starter for the next while. Probably longer then Gio would be our number 1 d man
You are on drugs if you think Reimer is the centerpiece of a deal for Gio. This comes from a non-Flames fan.

Look at it this way, if Calgary was to move Gio, do you think that Reimer would be the best offer??? Not a chance.

Tripod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2014, 02:00 PM
A91

I can see the Peg or the Island offering him a starting role.

A91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2014, 02:01 PM
A91

And he wouldn't go for much, look at the goalie market this season, the Oilers just picked up two starters for picks, both in the same position as Reimer fighting for ice time.

A91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2014, 02:07 PM
Isleswillrise*

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslesRock4 View Post
The Islanders make a lot of sense. If the UFA goalie market continues to slim down (ex. if Hiller, Miller, Halak all re-sign) then it would seem pretty certain that they try to get Reimer or Ward.
Isles with all the young defenders coming need a vet, a steadying Influence not a guy still trying to show hes a starter

toronto trusted him so much they went out and traded for Bernier.

Why ruin our kids with a Reimer who wasnt good enough even playing behind a defense better than our own? thats insane.

get a vet who acts as a steadying influence, like Ward, Hiller or Halak

Isleswillrise* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2014, 02:13 PM
mpp9

Pens would be interested if Fleury pulls his usual act in the playoffs.

mpp9 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2014, 02:14 PM
nogger
Can't stop the #dust

vCash: 50
Quote:
TIL Gio is old at 31

nogger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2014, 02:17 PM
sansabri
#blocktheboat

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpp9 View Post
Pens would be interested if Fleury pulls his usual act in the playoffs.
god, why? Reimer would be horrible the Pens. he'd let in 15 goals a game.

sansabri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2014, 02:25 PM
jimmythescot

I could see Vancouver offering maybe...maybe a fourth round pick, but you'd have to take Booth too. Backup goalies aren't worth anything. etc.

jimmythescot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2014, 02:25 PM
TorstenFrings
Co-Trainer

Quote:
But you yourself say Calgary is rebuilding, so why would they give up good assets for a very minor upgrade in goal? Reimer isn't "leading" Calgary into the playoffs any time soon, they are not at the stage for the need to take those small solidifying steps. They are in a completely different situation. One where it makes sense to take a risk. If this was some kind of can't miss, goalie of the future opportunity, okay. It is not though.

TorstenFrings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2014, 02:26 PM
Hennig
It was 4-1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sansabri View Post
god, why? Reimer would be horrible the Pens. he'd let in 15 goals a game.
What?

Are you insinuating the Pens defense is worse than Toronto's?

Old
03-21-2014, 02:28 PM
ManofSteel55

Quote:
WHOA, WHOA, WHOA bro. Look at the avatar. Not a Flames fan. Never. But that doesn't mean that I don't recognize how good Giordano is. And calling him "aging" is a joke, he's in his prime. It's not like he's 35 years old.

ManofSteel55 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2014, 02:40 PM
CaptainCrunch67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hennig View Post
I doubt you'll have to give up anything more than a 2nd for him. He is definitely worth giving up the assets for, he's proved already he can be a 1B goalie, and is still young at 26.

Calgary fans are kidding themselves if they truly believe their current goaltending situation would be better off without Reimer. Unless they're gunning for McDavid..
he's not worth a second to Calgary, and they're certainly not going to give up what looks like a #33 to 35 pick. That would be silly.

Ortio and Ramo have both looked more then capable of being as good as Reimer is, so no Calgary isn't going to give up assets for Reimer unless its a B or C prospect.

CaptainCrunch67 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2014, 02:44 PM
CaptainCrunch67

Quote:
Maybe go see your eye doctor. If you wanted Gio, I can assure you that Reimer would be an add on to the package and not a center piece. Start with a top prospect and a first round pick and maybe that gets Burke to listen for more then 5 minutes,

CaptainCrunch67 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2014, 02:54 PM
madmike77

Quote:
Reimer and Franson wouldn't even get a sniff of Giordano.

Smid I could see, but you shouldn't be mentioning Smid and Giordano in the same sentence. The two are leagues apart.

EDIT: Gio really wouldn't help the Leafs long-term anyway. They couldn't fit him under the cap. I think he's got one year left at $4 million. After than you're likely looking at $6.5 per year+ for him.

Last edited by madmike77: 03-21-2014 at 03:02 PM.
madmike77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2014, 02:59 PM
madmike77

Quote:

They wouldn't give up a 2nd for him. With or without Reimer the Flames aren't contending any time soon.

Why would a rebuilding team give up a decent draft pick for a minor upgrade in goal? If it even is an upgrade. Ramo and Ortio frankly don't look any worse than Reimer. Look at the stats.

madmike77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2014, 03:12 PM
Hennig
It was 4-1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch67 View Post
he's not worth a second to Calgary, and they're certainly not going to give up what looks like a #33 to 35 pick. That would be silly.

Ortio and Ramo have both looked more then capable of being as good as Reimer is, so no Calgary isn't going to give up assets for Reimer unless its a B or C prospect.
Lol, Ortio has played 8 games in the NHL.

Reimer has a .914 sv% over 4 seasons (134GP) on some crappy Toronto teams, and is still sporting a .910 sv% in one of his worst seasons as a leaf (other than the year Gionta gave him a concussion)..

Ramo has played a whopping 29 games since 08-09, and still doesn't look too great. Don't give me the 'Calgary is a crap team" card neither, Torontos GA/G, and SA/G are higher than Calgary's.

You guys as fans might not like the idea of Calgary trading for James, but I can guarantee you that Burke or whoever the GM is this summer will take a look at Reimer and see what the asking price is. A 2nd is basically nothing to give up for a potential starting goaltender who is still restricted and still quite young. Calgary fans can throw their arms up in denial all the want, it really doesn't mean ****.

Old
03-21-2014, 03:18 PM
mpp9

Quote:
What?

Are you insinuating the Pens defense is worse than Toronto's?
And if Fleury's shooting pucks in his own net again, it's time for change. Ill take my chances on Reimer.

mpp9 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2014, 03:21 PM
racecar*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighthock View Post
If I was treated like crap, I'd leave too
lol he was given a chance and he failed. at the beginining of the year he was playing quite good but then bernier just took over. sorry but he was beat by a better goalie. all these reimer fanboys are just mad that he got beat fair and square.

racecar* is offline   Reply With Quote