HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

I Heard A Rumor...: Rumor Thread Part 4

Closed Thread

Old
04-11-2014, 08:13 AM
pb1300
BLEED RED

vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to pb1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by flapanthersfan View Post
i seriously doubt Tallon pursues Bolland. we have centers coming out of our ass. so much so that we're likely going to have to convert a couple of them to wing next year (pirri, maybe trochek...his long term upside seems to be more of a top-6 player, but he will always be stuck behind Barkov and Bjugstad here)

Shore would make an ideal 3rd line C IMO (long term).

If he actually does sign Bolland, he should be fired immediately. No need.
Exactly, and you also have to take into consideration that we might draft another center this summer (Reinhart, Bennett). No need for Bolland on this team.

Old
04-11-2014, 06:41 PM
homegrizown

would you trade flash for edler?

at least it would open up a spot on wing on our team where i don't believe flash fits into.

and edler has struggled but maybe he turns it around. anyways he fills a hole on D and would still be a better top 4 then most anyone we have.

Old
04-11-2014, 06:43 PM
gudzilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by homegrizown View Post

at least it would open up a spot on wing on our team where i don't believe flash fits into.

and edler has struggled but maybe he turns it around. anyways he fills a hole on D and would still be a better top 4 then most anyone we have.
1 year of flash is not enough, edler can turn it around and become relevant again, flash is 1 year

Old
04-11-2014, 06:55 PM
homegrizown

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida pwnthers View Post
1 year of flash is not enough, edler can turn it around and become relevant again, flash is 1 year
i understand. but considering linden is taking over he might want to dump some long term salaries and try and build his own vision.

maybe we'd have to give them something on top like a minor prospect... or a lower pick

Old
04-11-2014, 07:16 PM
Boooooth10

Quote:
Originally Posted by homegrizown View Post

I don't think Vancouver will trade with us anymore now that Gillis is gone.

Old
04-12-2014, 10:37 AM
Beezeral

The player I would love to see Tallon go get is Evander Kane. Guy is exactly what this team needs and is on his way out in Winnipeg. It won't take an over payment to get him because of the bad blood currently between player and coach.

Old
04-12-2014, 10:52 AM
pb1300
BLEED RED

Send a message via Yahoo to pb1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beezeral View Post
The player I would love to see Tallon go get is Evander Kane. Guy is exactly what this team needs and is on his way out in Winnipeg. It won't take an over payment to get him because of the bad blood currently between player and coach.
He would still cost us our 1st this year, along with a high tier prospect.

Old
04-12-2014, 10:55 AM
homegrizown

Quote:
Originally Posted by pb1300 View Post
He would still cost us our 1st this year, along with a high tier prospect.
well if we get moved out of the top 3 i would definitely consider it.

Old
04-12-2014, 11:05 AM
gudzilla

3rd oa + shore for him? would do it every day

30goal scorer that ca n eventually turn out to score 35-40, still young etc

Old
04-12-2014, 11:18 AM
SoupyFIN
Global Moderator
#character

vCash: 0
Quote:
He plays for the name on back, not for the jersey he's wearing.

No thanks.

Old
04-12-2014, 11:41 AM
BigNickBjugstad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boooooth10 View Post
I don't think Vancouver will trade with us anymore now that Gillis is gone.

I was really upset when Gillis was canned.

Old
04-12-2014, 11:56 AM
Beezeral

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupyFIN View Post
He plays for the name on back, not for the jersey he's wearing.

No thanks.
Gonna need to take a chance on somebody. "perfect" options just don't fall out of the sky and on to the roster.

anyone available in a trade is going to have some sort of flaw. If the panthers don't take a chance on somebody, they will be stuck in mediocrity for another decade unless they luck into a crosby/malkin/ovechkin in draft. I don't know about you, but I am beyond tired of looking forward to the draft by January of every season. We told ourselves after the 2012 season that the Huberdeau pick was our last time in the top 5 for a long time. then we told ourselves that a lotto shortened/injury plagued season was only a short amount of pain to endure for a legit 1st line center prospect. And now here we are again looking at another top 4 pick. The blueprint has gotten plenty of time to reshape the team. It is time for on ice results

Old
04-12-2014, 11:57 AM
PSLguy

Quote:
From what I have read he is a big problem off the ice. Not sure that he fits Tallon's definition of a character player.

He would need to mature as a person.

Old
04-12-2014, 11:59 AM
EnforceTheLaus
#FreeKuli

Seems Seguin in Boston. Would take Kane on no problem.

Old
04-12-2014, 12:14 PM
PBPantherfan
Here we go again

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnforceTheLaus View Post
Yeah if he can get his head out of his ass like Sequin seemed to do once he got sent to Dallas. Worry about a party guy down here if he can get in trouble in Winnipeg he can really have fun down here.

My favorite Evander Kane moment

Old
04-12-2014, 12:18 PM
Aksu

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBPantherfan View Post
Yeah if he can get his head out of his ass like Sequin seemed to do once he got sent to Dallas. Worry about a party guy down here if he can get in trouble in Winnipeg he can really have fun down here.

My favorite Evander Kane moment

Total KO!

Old
04-12-2014, 12:18 PM
CanadianPanther
One Patient Panther

Quote:
Gonna need to take a chance on somebody. "perfect" options just don't fall out of the sky and on to the roster.

anyone available in a trade is going to have some sort of flaw. If the panthers don't take a chance on somebody, they will be stuck in mediocrity for another decade unless they luck into a crosby/malkin/ovechkin in draft. I don't know about you, but I am beyond tired of looking forward to the draft by January of every season. We told ourselves after the 2012 season that the Huberdeau pick was our last time in the top 5 for a long time. then we told ourselves that a lotto shortened/injury plagued season was only a short amount of pain to endure for a legit 1st line center prospect. And now here we are again looking at another top 4 pick. The blueprint has gotten plenty of time to reshape the team. It is time for on ice results
This. For me if we pick out of top 3, package it and get a proven player. Sign a big name free agent defenseman or winger and let's roll with it. A BIG trade and key free agent signing will help this team compete. An improved special teams added to the growth and development of the kids would be the x-factor. Luongo will steal us games, Kulikov and Gudbranson seem to be progressing upwards. Barkov/Huberdeau/Bjugstad need to work hard this off-season. The issue for me is the coaching staff, does Horachek stay or does Tallon go shopping for a proven one. At this point, if Horachek stays, I'd prefer as an assistant. This Draft and Free Agency should tell ownership if Dale is worth an extension, the clock is ticking.

Old
04-12-2014, 12:23 PM
SoupyFIN
Global Moderator
#character

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnforceTheLaus View Post
I don't see the comparison. Kane has been provided with every opportunity to shine, instead of being buried down the depth chart like Seguin was while playing the wrong position.

Kane is a good player, but he won't make a similar jump like Seguin did if he's traded.

Old
04-12-2014, 12:25 PM
PBPantherfan
Here we go again

As per @CHN_AdamWodon, Boston College senior Kevin Hayes won't sign with Chicago, He's UFA Aug 15th. Will #Flames reunite that entire line?

Hopefully Tallon tries to sign him

Old
04-12-2014, 12:28 PM
PBPantherfan
Here we go again

Quote:
I don't see the comparison. Kane has been provided with every opportunity to shine, instead of being buried down the depth chart like Seguin was while playing the wrong position.

Kane is a good player, but he won't make a similar jump like Seguin did if he's traded.
Sequin was buried because he supposedly was more concerned with partying then playing. The trade was a wake up call. Agree that Kane doesn't have as high of a ceiling though. Could be a great change of scenery trade or Tallon could get bit in the ass.

Old
04-12-2014, 12:28 PM
Beezeral

Quote:

Fair enough. who would you like to see the panthers go out and get then that is actually on the market?

Old
04-12-2014, 12:29 PM
SoupyFIN
Global Moderator
#character

Quote:
As per @CHN_AdamWodon, Boston College senior Kevin Hayes won't sign with Chicago, He's UFA Aug 15th. Will #Flames reunite that entire line?

If he has the same mentality as Knight did, he's Flames bound.

Quote:
Sequin was buried because he supposedly was more concerned with partying then playing. The trade was a wake up call. Agree that Kane doesn't have as high of a ceiling though. Could be a great change of scenery trade or Tallon could get bit in the ass.
Seguin was buried because better players were played over him. The partying probably had an affect to that (he didn't reach his ceiling in Boston), but he would have needed to play lights out to get minutes over Bergeron and Krejci, which is why he only saw top6 minutes as a winger.

Quote:
Fair enough. who would you like to see the panthers go out and get then that is actually on the market?
I don't think anything is going to happen to be honest. Some UFA signings, maybe a buyout or two, but that's about it.

Last edited by SoupyFIN: 04-12-2014 at 12:34 PM.
Old
04-12-2014, 12:34 PM
Howboutthempanthers
I come in peace.

Quote:

I would like that.

Old
04-12-2014, 12:36 PM
EnforceTheLaus
#FreeKuli

K. Hayes! Time to make Jimmy 1C tonight, give the the captaincy, put him on billboards, announce "Hayes appreciation night tonight"

Old
04-12-2014, 12:36 PM
ShootIt

Hayes would have a good shot at cracking the roster here as a right winger

Closed Thread