HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Morning line rushes March 21:st

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-21-2014, 05:10 PM
  #26
Alternate Jersey
Registered User
 
Alternate Jersey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Bakersfield, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,521
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKopitar11 View Post
Well it can't get any worse can it.

Pearson is hard working, Toffoli is smart. I think they'd do fine.


Hey even if it doesn't last, putting Richards on the fourth line for more than ten minutes is a message, even if it's practice too.
exactly my point!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
True, but it does give Pearson and Toffoli an opportunity that if they grab it and find some chemistry with Carter, they could stick there for a bit.

As Herby pointed out, I don't think Richards is a player that Sutter sends out any more to protect a 1-goal lead late in a game. That task falls to guys like Kopitar and Stoll now.
that's very true, and i definitely think that they deserve it. carter has traditionally played wing, though, right? what's the outlook on him changing over to C? i seem to remember hearing that he much prefers playing wing, and that he had been slotted at C occasionally prior to coming to LA and it didn't work out all that well.


Last edited by Alternate Jersey: 03-21-2014 at 05:21 PM. Reason: clarity
Alternate Jersey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2014, 05:18 PM
  #27
KingsFan7824
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 4,039
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCanadain1976 View Post
As much as i like the new look lines posted above this is Sutter we re talking about whos lines last a couple periods at best. Lets face it he will never settle on a lineup and stick to it for more then a game or so. This is just the latest blinder outcome. Stay tuned for more lineup shuffling period to period.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herby View Post
I agree with you, but I think it's fair to question why certain players who have struggled mightily together are consistently sent out there. We are not talking about Getzlaf/Perry on the Kings.
If you want to see why coaches can never win, this is why. Every fan can see something different.

KingsFan7824 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2014, 07:52 PM
  #28
kingsfan28
Viva Los Cucarachas!
 
kingsfan28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Earth
Country: United States
Posts: 11,952
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herby View Post
I agree with you, but I think it's fair to question why certain players who have struggled mightily together are consistently sent out there. We are not talking about Getzlaf/Perry on the Kings.

I think Martinez deserves a look with Doughty at this point, he has earned it with his strong all around play the past few weeks, yet Sutter sticks with Muzzin (who I still do like) despite all his struggles.

Same thing with Carter and Richards, so many acted like the second they went back together it would be magic on ice, when in reality it has not been this season.

Sometime there just aren't better options or the coaches are hoping players just work through whatever is preventing them from playing better. With Richards and Carter we know there is chemistry but the problem has always been on the left side. Basically Richards has only one option all season, then Sutter played wheel -o- winger with him and nothing worked and went back. I'm really surprised Brown has never been used with Carter and Richards.

kingsfan28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2014, 04:32 AM
  #29
BigBrown
They did it again!
 
BigBrown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 4,107
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alternate Jersey View Post
exactly my point!



that's very true, and i definitely think that they deserve it. carter has traditionally played wing, though, right? what's the outlook on him changing over to C? i seem to remember hearing that he much prefers playing wing, and that he had been slotted at C occasionally prior to coming to LA and it didn't work out all that well.
I actually think it's the other way around. He played at C for most of his career before joining the Kings and didn't perform as well at wing in Philly. Feel free correct me if I'm wrong.

BigBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2014, 08:46 AM
  #30
Herby
Culture Changer
 
Herby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 15,166
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingsFan7824 View Post
If you want to see why coaches can never win, this is why. Every fan can see something different.
I am not a Sutter critic. I have said on numerous occasions he has had a coach of the year caliber season for having the Kings in this position despite getting zilch from two of his former top six players and having a huge hole on left wing for almost the entire season. For the Kings to do be doing this well with essentially two top six forwards most of the season is amazing.

But I don't understand why it took so long for those two players to find themselves on the bottom lines in favor of some younger players. Brown's offense has been non-existent and Richards has been sleepwalking for months. I just don't like the message it sends when certain players are given free passes and others aren't. Perhaps I am wrong though, maybe Sutter just didn't have the right guys to do it at the time, maybe he is more content to roll with Toffoli and Pearson in top 6 roles than he was a few weeks ago, but I still would have done something before the break, even if it was for a game or two to try and send a message.

Herby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2014, 09:29 AM
  #31
KingsFan7824
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 4,039
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herby View Post
I am not a Sutter critic. I have said on numerous occasions he has had a coach of the year caliber season for having the Kings in this position despite getting zilch from two of his former top six players and having a huge hole on left wing for almost the entire season. For the Kings to do be doing this well with essentially two top six forwards most of the season is amazing.

But I don't understand why it took so long for those two players to find themselves on the bottom lines in favor of some younger players. Brown's offense has been non-existent and Richards has been sleepwalking for months. I just don't like the message it sends when certain players are given free passes and others aren't. Perhaps I am wrong though, maybe Sutter just didn't have the right guys to do it at the time, maybe he is more content to roll with Toffoli and Pearson in top 6 roles than he was a few weeks ago, but I still would have done something before the break, even if it was for a game or two to try and send a message.
I'm not saying you're a critic, I'm just saying every fan can see something different in anything a coach does. That's with any fan, and any coach. If some fans see a coach sticking with lines too long for say 20 games, and other fans see the same coach changing lines up all the time in the same 20 games, that just means that as fans we're looking at things through our own particular lenses. Which is fine, because what else can anyone do?

I have to think that most coaches will give veteran players, especially veteran players he's won with, a longer leash than other players. Maybe because they have no other option, maybe because they want them to play their way out of it, maybe they believe in seniority, it could be anything.

I don't think Sutter has missed Brown and Richards struggling this season. He's got a front row seat to it, both during games and practice. Everyone can see it. Why has he given Brown and Richards the benefit of the doubt for as long as he has this year? It would be a great question from someone to ask him.

KingsFan7824 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2014, 02:19 PM
  #32
Richie10
Registered User
 
Richie10's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 3,623
vCash: 500
I said Pearson-Carter-Toffoli a few days ago. That line will be sick.

Richie10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2014, 06:53 PM
  #33
apadilla
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 584
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoreZeGoals View Post
The only logical answer, Richards has been awful and Stoll isn't a second line center.
with his goal, did richards have a bounce back game?

apadilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2014, 07:27 PM
  #34
KingCanadain1976
Registered User
 
KingCanadain1976's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Thunder Bay Ont. Can
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,543
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by apadilla View Post
with his goal, did richards have a bounce back game?
he played 14mins 45 secs had 20 shift and was 9 1 in the faceoff circle. He had a great game and was a force on the ice every shift imo. Hell he even got lewis to have a 2 point game. To me that more then got out of the doghouse.

KingCanadain1976 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2014, 07:38 PM
  #35
Puck U
2012 SC CHAMPIONS !
 
Puck U's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Apple Valley, CA.
Country: United States
Posts: 8,340
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by apadilla View Post
with his goal, did richards have a bounce back game?
wasn't JUST that he had a Goal ... he finally played like he cared again and gave 110% every shift he was on the ice.

I think Jim Fox said it best of Mike Richards during the in-game broadcast ...

"message sent {Sutter} ... message received {Richards} !"

Puck U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2014, 09:13 PM
  #36
Reclamation Project
Technically, Missing
 
Reclamation Project's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 19,222
vCash: 500
Richards had a great game and I would keep this entire lineup intact and simply insert Nolan into Brown's spot.

People may complain about Mike (and deservedly so), but I know we all want this type of game out of him every night, and hopefully he'll continue.

Reclamation Project is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2014, 09:47 PM
  #37
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967
 
Ron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Brea, California
Country: United States
Posts: 8,312
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck U View Post
wasn't JUST that he had a Goal ... he finally played like he cared again and gave 110% every shift he was on the ice.

I think Jim Fox said it best of Mike Richards during the in-game broadcast ...

"message sent {Sutter} ... message received {Richards} !"
It's the same point I made the day before the game. Richards got the message. In retrospect, Sutter should have made the move much sooner, but as they say, better late than never.

__________________
Ron is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:10 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.