HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sweeter Sophomore Season for Sauer

Closed Thread

Old
08-15-2005, 01:10 PM
Anthony Mauro
DraftBuzz Hockey

vCash: 500
Sweeter Sophomore Season for Sauer

http://www.winterhawks.com/index.php...d=496&Itemid=1

Very well written piece on Sauer and his season.

Quote:
After the camp Michael’s focus will return to his conditioning. As he prepares for his sophomore WHL season, he says in reflection that the crutches, physical therapy, and rehab have not been the hardest part of his return process. Being forced off the ice and unable to play the game he loves has been most difficult, “It was extremely frustrating but it reinforced my love and commitment for the game.” He added that it was just as frustrating not being able to contribute to the Winter Hawks when they could have used him most, “I could barely listen to the playoff series against Everett, but I’m looking forward to seeing them again.”
All I can say is GO Sauer and the Winterhawks!

Old
08-15-2005, 05:22 PM
eco's bones

A good read.

Old
08-15-2005, 05:24 PM
NYC Aim 4588

vCash:
Someone posted that Sauer has Neidermeyer potential but likely to be an Aucoin type player. I thought they were out of there mind, maybe Im wrong but I dont see that comparison being any good.

Old
08-16-2005, 05:35 AM
Anthony Mauro
DraftBuzz Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC Aim 4588
Someone posted that Sauer has Neidermeyer potential but likely to be an Aucoin type player. I thought they were out of there mind, maybe Im wrong but I dont see that comparison being any good.
Why not? He can skate, is two way, and wont mind the rough stuff. Aucoin is actually an on point comparison.

Yea players do have the potential to be something great, for a defenseman the mark is Lidstrom/Niedermayer. But unless Sauer unexpectedly takes off in his offensive game, he's a good bet to be Aucoin-like.

Someone that can be Niedermayer-like is Ryan Parent IMO.

Old
08-17-2005, 12:25 AM
Whawks33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balej's Dance
Why not? He can skate, is two way, and wont mind the rough stuff. Aucoin is actually an on point comparison.

Yea players do have the potential to be something great, for a defenseman the mark is Lidstrom/Niedermayer. But unless Sauer unexpectedly takes off in his offensive game, he's a good bet to be Aucoin-like.

Was me who made the comparsion. Aucion is one of those guys that does a lot well, but nothing flashy. I really think that's how Sauer will end up in the NHL. I do think he has Neidermayer potential, but an awful long way to go to get there...

Old
08-18-2005, 11:19 AM
ECL
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to ECL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balej's Dance
Maybe "Niedermayer-lite".

Ryan Parent sure as hell doesn't have the skill in his body to be anything like that.

Old
08-18-2005, 02:58 PM
Anthony Mauro
DraftBuzz Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Prescription
Maybe "Niedermayer-lite".

Ryan Parent sure as hell doesn't have the skill in his body to be anything like that.
Finally, get to post on the boards again.

I think he does. Its not a great chance that he'll be like Niedermayer, but whenever talking about prospects you talk about potential. IF, thats a big if, he puts together some offense to his game he definately CAN be Niedermayer-like. He's got world class skating just like Nieds and has an overlooked offensive game because of his hand injury. (Didnt mean it to sound like Nieds has an overlooked offensive game, just Parent lol) With another year under his belt, just like all drafteds, I expect his production to take off. Can't you just see him going coast to coast? What if he really was hampered by the hand injury and now with it healed, he can finish those rushes? You have the makings of a devastating defenseman, both offensively and defensively.

That said, I don't think he reaches this potential as it is very high expectations but he will be a steady, shut down defender that can skate lights out and make the first pass.

Old
08-18-2005, 03:17 PM
Davisian

I'm sorry folks, I just hate these comparisons..

It's one thing to invoke a current NHL'er if you're trying to describe a style of play to someone who's never seen a dude play, but to argue what one will be or won't be just seems so very futile.

Anyone remember that Niedermeyer was/wasn't going to be the next Brian Leetch?

Turns out he wasn't, but became better in some ways, worse in others. Became his own player.

Old
08-18-2005, 03:40 PM
ECL
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to ECL
I'm just saying I don't think he has the potential at all and will likely top out as a solid 3/4 guy, which is what he was drafted to be. He's the safe d-man in the draft who does everything right but nothing spectacular. This year's Kevin Klein.

Old
08-18-2005, 03:52 PM
Davisian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Prescription
This year's Kevin Klein.

Kline????!! KEVIN KLINE???

That son of a ***** owes me money.

He's a 55 year old bald dude. Hangs out at OTB right?

Closed Thread